We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New guy signing in Options

HotTuna
#1 Posted : 7/30/2010 6:29:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone:

Firstly, I'd like to thank some members/mods who already welcomed me in the chat. Thanks. It already feels pretty friendly and I feel good about taking the next step by signing up on the forum and interacting.

Not really sure where to start, but I'm very new to the psychedelics realm and after hearing about DMT and doing A LOT of reading, the curiosity bug latched on and and won't let go. I heard that it's a lot to just jump right in without getting my feet warm, but not really sure there's any other way at this point. I feel pretty sound about my decisions, but it's good to have some community to rely on; real and virtual.

I come from a technical background and grew up a tinkerer. I get a lot of natural life highs from random, everyday things. For instance, recently was in a car driving through a tunnel with the windows down(I hated the exhaust smell, beside the point) and closed my eyes. I listened and felt each car/truck pass by feeling the vibration thought the road into the car I was in. It felt like slow motion. What was 5 minutes felt like an hour. Very cool. I appreciate things like that. Just watching clouds and thinking "what the eff! I'm sitting on this spinning ball of "earth" that's swirling around our sun which is all hurling somewhere in outer space and for what? why? how?". Taking it to such a macro level really just trivializes everything. Then, I step out of that and bring it back to myself. It becomes really introspective moment and quite reflective.

Anyway, I think I'm glad to be here and we'll see what comes up of.

Thanks for reading,
HT

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

BananaForeskin
#2 Posted : 7/30/2010 6:33:07 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Welcome to the Nexus, HotTuna, may your flaming gills and fins help you SWIM well through the macmicrocosmic realms.... !
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Enoon
#3 Posted : 7/30/2010 7:07:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

HotTuna wrote:
Hey everyone:
I get a lot of natural life highs from random, everyday things. For instance, recently was in a car driving through a tunnel with the windows down(I hated the exhaust smell, beside the point) and closed my eyes. I listened and felt each car/truck pass by feeling the vibration thought the road into the car I was in. It felt like slow motion. What was 5 minutes felt like an hour. Very cool.

Reminds me of a great song by the Deftones + Maynard from Tool called the Passenger.

Anyway I can relate. I get that from how the light falls kind of slanted in the evenings and blinds you from the corner of your eye when you turn your head just right. Or from thunderstorms. Or just the prefect thought or image in my mind...

I don't know about DMT, but as far as psychedelics are concerned I think no matter how often you've done them, if you let them unfold their full effect, you're always going to feel like you've just jumped in head first. That's the beauty of it. At least for me.

Take care!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

OutThereSomewhere
#4 Posted : 7/30/2010 7:55:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Very happy

I just signed up to be able to post too... and though I've read lots of lots on DMT, I definitely consider myself new to it. I can relate to every last thing you wrote (i've even done the same thing in a tunnel before...), and I'm glad you joined!

And Enoon- Passenger... YES! Amazing song.

HotTuna
#5 Posted : 7/30/2010 8:32:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad that you guys can relate.

Enoon,
I'll have to check out that song.

poquiancho
#6 Posted : 7/30/2010 9:27:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I give you a warm welcome sir.
CAUTION: This person has been diagnosed with a bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, please disregard any attempts from this individual to infect you with this terrible mental diseases just by ignoring him.

LegoLogos
#7 Posted : 7/31/2010 12:48:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Smile I agree people seem friendly and helpfull here. Have you done any psychedelics at all? If not I suggest trying mushrooms first, there's definitely a similar aspect to that of DMT. I wouldn't suggest jumping straight to DMT, it might be too intense for your first time. It's like never riding a bicycle and jumping on the fastest motorcycle in the world. But then again everyone is different, so ultimately it's up to whether you feel ready to shatter your consciousness into a billion diamond shards.

ragabr
#8 Posted : 7/31/2010 1:36:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome HotTuna! Glad to have you here.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms