We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Space Jam (Space Paste) - A Legal Psychedelic Recipe Options

Spira
#61 Posted : 8/12/2010 1:31:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
State of the Mind wrote:
I have tried nutmeg five times now and am quite familiar with the effects. If I could get effects from this Space Jam, I would post my opinion on the differences/Similarities. However ...

Today, 12g of Space Jam was eaten and no effects were felt. This is a complete mystery to me. 12g of Space Jam contains 2.4g Nutmeg and this alone should produce an effect. The only explanation could be that I took the Space Jam with a stomache full of food.

Is the nutmeg used in your mix good quality freshly ground nutmeg from whole nuts as the recipe calls for or is it old powdered nutmeg, the kind from the supermarket?

Some old dried powder nutmeg is void of myristicin and elemicin, and worthless. Mristicin and elemicin are essential oils, and they evaporate away easily from powdered nutmeg. That’s why the recipe calls for whole ground nutmeg.

This could explain why I didn't feel any effects at all. I tried on three different occasions: one, two, and three tablespoons. Since people described the effects as being stoned I thought my high tolerance to cannabis was interfering with this, but this makes more sense. Thanks!
"It made me do it."

I am not real.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

camakazi
#62 Posted : 8/12/2010 2:28:30 AM

RUN DMT

I think I'll let you fellows try and test this one out first before I go raiding the kitchen. I remember looking at a massive mound of 8 whole nutmegs I grated as a nipper and the horrible paint smell and taste when I chugged it all down with milk... that was some nasty ass macaroni. It didn't work for me at all and Im still convinced this is somewhat of a grand hoax.

morning glories are much more practical if you want a legal trip and if you dont mind the whole inner thigh circulation side effect.

I wish you all luck with this though Smile
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

Spira
#63 Posted : 8/12/2010 3:20:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

camakazi wrote:
I think I'll let you fellows try and test this one out first before I go raiding the kitchen. I remember looking at a massive mound of 8 whole nutmegs I grated as a nipper and the horrible paint smell and taste when I chugged it all down with milk... that was some nasty ass macaroni. It didn't work for me at all and Im still convinced this is somewhat of a grand hoax.

morning glories are much more practical if you want a legal trip and if you dont mind the whole inner thigh circulation side effect.

A hoax? There's plenty of experience reports on Erowid.
"It made me do it."

I am not real.

69ron
#64 Posted : 8/12/2010 10:26:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
I will try this receipe sometime soon, as I now am familiar with both the effects of nutmeg alone and turmeric combined with black pepper. That looks to me like the main active principle in this recipe. I can test with nutmeg combined with turmeric and black pepper too, to see if the other ingredients really make a definitive difference.

The black pepper and turmeric is going to add to the marijuana like feel some people attribute to nutmeg, I think, because on their own black pepper and turmeric produce an effect that's sort of like a very mild marijuana high, not the same but similar.

Evening Glory wrote:
69ron, in what quantities is myristicin found in black pepper? I doubt it can be much more than trace amounts?

I can't find any good source with numbers to back up that claim. I see mention of it on Erowid and many other places, but none give any numbers on the actual quantity present.

Here's a few sources stating that it's present:

Quote:
Myristicin is a naturally occurring benzodioxole compound found in anise, Star anise, black pepper, carrot, common fennel, mace, nutmeg, sweet fennel, many natural oils, and flavoring agents (Jeong & Yun, 1995; Matthews, 1994).

Quote:
Myristicin, 1-allyl-3,4-methylenedioxy-5-methoxybenzene, is an active constituent of nutmeg, parsley, carrot, and black pepper (Salzer, 1977)

Quote:
Capsaicin, a chemical found in cayenne pepper, is also a mild inhibitor of cytochorome P450 2E1, which is a mixed-function oxidase involved in metabolism that mediates some drug interactions. It could be that one or both of these peppers is the reason why lower doses of nutmeg seem to have stronger effects when taken via this preparation. Black pepper also contains high levels of myristicin. (Page 21 of Vernal Equinox 2008 Entheogen Review "Myristica Fragrans, An Exploration of the Narcotic Spice"Pleased

SWIM doesn't have all the ingredients for testing this out yet. But at some point he will try the authentic recipe.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

rOm
#65 Posted : 8/12/2010 10:29:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spira wrote:
camakazi wrote:

A hoax? There's plenty of experience reports on Erowid.

No hoax when you forget about it and wonder why you are tripping ... Ho! I just ate 2 whole nutmeg while being drung the other night !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

69ron
#66 Posted : 8/12/2010 10:32:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

camakazi wrote:

A few people on this forum got it to work, so it's not a hoax. From simply taking the turmeric and black pepper alone you can get a mild high.

What would be the point of this being a hoax anyway? Do you think maybe a nutmeg farmer who also grows turmeric and the other spices is just trying to sell you a bunch of spices?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

rOm
#67 Posted : 8/12/2010 10:35:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hahaha way funnny 69ron !!
Nutmeg is serious stuff Spira.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

camakazi
#68 Posted : 8/12/2010 2:34:01 PM

RUN DMT

69ron wrote:
camakazi wrote:

A few people on this forum got it to work, so it's not a hoax. From simply taking the turmeric and black pepper alone you can get a mild high.

What would be the point of this being a hoax anyway? Do you think maybe a nutmeg farmer who also grows turmeric and the other spices is just trying to sell you a bunch of spices?

haha.. now that would be an incredible farmer, with a pretty huge farm spanning multiple climates and countrys Pleased

When I first seen this recepie on the internet it was on a site that claimed you could extract LSD from strawberries and some other random things. Scores of pages followed with people saying things like "does the strawberry mix have to be heated to exactly 100*c to combine the LSD?" ? I probably laughed as much as the dude that sat back and created it.

"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

oilman
#69 Posted : 8/12/2013 2:08:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm only posting here, because I've just stumbled upon this thread from a while back. It's been dead some time but might have useful info - although I haven't seen much that hasn't been discussed plenty elsewhere.

«PREV234