We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Space Jam (Space Paste) - A Legal Psychedelic Recipe Options

69ron
#21 Posted : 7/30/2010 1:51:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitrius wrote:
69ron wrote:

This recipe would probably be even better if nutmeg oil or elemi oil was substituted for the nutmeg. The main toxins in nutmeg are NOT found in nutmeg essential oil. If SWIM ever tried anything like this he would use nutmeg essential oil instead of nutmeg.

How much nutmeg oil would SWIY recommend one use in this recipe, for a person who has never tripped on nutmeg before...if say....1 part = 1 tablespoon?

What about elemi oil?

Great question.

1 tablespoon of ground nutmeg is about 7 grams and contains about 10% nutmeg essential oil. 10% of 7 grams is 700 mg of essential oil. Only about 3% of nutmeg essential oil is actually myristicin, so that’s about 21 mg of myristicin per tablespoon, a very small dose. I’ve seen Erowid state that nutmeg has as much as 200 mg of myristicin in 10 grams of nutmeg, about 140 mg per tablespoon, but I can’t find any good data to back up that claim. I don’t think it has nearly that much.

So basically you’d use nutmeg essential oil at a dose 1/10th of the nutmeg powder dose used, since nutmeg powder is about 10% essential oil. So for 1 tablespoon, or 7 grams or powder, you’d use 700 mg of essential oil, which comes to 0.777 ml of essential oil. 0.777 ml of oil weighs about 700 mg. That's considered a light dose. Anything from 0.5-1 ml of oil is a light dose on its own. But in this mix, it should be much stronger, if this recipe actually works as advertised.

Elemi oil is roughly the same potency as nutmeg oil, but the effects are more fickle. I mean that sometimes it just doesn’t work, unless other things are taken with it (like whole milk for example). It’s very likely that this mix contains all the required compounds to jumpstart elemi oil’s psychedelic effects without the use of whole milk. The nuts in the mix contain fats and oils which should help the elemicin get digested properly. And the black pepper and the turmeric contains MAOIs which should protect the elemicin and/or boost its potency.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Dimitrius
#22 Posted : 7/30/2010 3:31:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:

Great question.

1 tablespoon of ground nutmeg is about 7 grams and contains about 10% nutmeg essential oil. 10% of 7 grams is 700 mg of essential oil. Only about 3% of nutmeg essential oil is actually myristicin, so that’s about 21 mg of myristicin per tablespoon, a very small dose. I’ve seen Erowid state that nutmeg has as much as 200 mg of myristicin in 10 grams of nutmeg, about 140 mg per tablespoon, but I can’t find any good data to back up that claim. I don’t think it has nearly that much.

So basically you’d use nutmeg essential oil at a dose 1/10th of the nutmeg powder dose used, since nutmeg powder is about 10% essential oil. So for 1 tablespoon, or 7 grams or powder, you’d use 700 mg of essential oil, which comes to 0.777 ml of essential oil. 0.777 ml of oil weighs about 700 mg. That's considered a light dose. Anything from 0.5-1 ml of oil is a light dose on its own. But in this mix, it should be much stronger, if this recipe actually works as advertised.

Awesome. I might actually try this. Thanks. Wink

69ron wrote:
Elemi oil is roughly the same potency as nutmeg oil, but the effects are more fickle. I mean that sometimes it just doesn’t work, unless other things are taken with it (like whole milk for example). It’s very likely that this mix contains all the required compounds to jumpstart elemi oil’s psychedelic effects without the use of whole milk. The nuts in the mix contain fats and oils which should help the elemicin get digested properly. And the black pepper and the turmeric contains MAOIs which should protect the elemicin and/or boost its potency.

Also, most spices increase the digestive fire and stimulate circulation, enhancing absorption, assimilation and transportation. Especially spices like pippali (piper longum), black pepper, cayenne and ginger.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

69ron
#23 Posted : 7/30/2010 4:36:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitrius wrote:
Also, most spices increase the digestive fire and stimulate circulation, enhancing absorption, assimilation and transportation. Especially spices like pippali (piper longum), black pepper, cayenne and ginger.

Yeah, it’s a well known fact that spices in general stimulate the appetite, stimulate digestion, etc. This is one reason people like spices in their food.

Elemicin, being oil, is similar to kavalactones. If you’ve ever used kavalactones, or just kava, you know that mixing it in whole milk works better that taking just the kavalactones. These oils are not easy to digest. We are so water based. I think what happens is, if taken on their own, they just sort of stick to the sides of your stomach and don’t get digested fast enough for good effects. They need something to help push them through the digestive system.

As for elemicin, it might actually do better if taken with an MAOI. I don’t know much about the metabolism of elemicin. It might somehow be effected negatively by MAO.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

ms_manic_minxx
#24 Posted : 7/30/2010 5:05:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was also wondering about switching out an appropriate ratio of nutmeg seeds for nutmeg oil. I'd like to ward off as many bad side effects as possible.

Is there anything stimulating in this recipe?
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jamie
#25 Posted : 7/30/2010 5:30:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^^yeah most of it..thats why im not interested..i dont enjoy stimulated states that go on for like 12 hours while tripping..the only one im interested in is the cinnamon, becasue the mazatecs drink cinnamon tea right after mushroom ceremonies and all day the day after to remain open to the lessons, and somethign about the warming effects it has..

And cinnamon isnt even a native plant there..so there must be something there..ive been waiting about 2 months to get some real cinnaomon and try it after mushrooms.

Long live the unwoke.

Kannamate
#26 Posted : 7/30/2010 6:26:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
And cinnamon isn't even a native plant there..so there must be something there..ive been waiting about 2 months to get some real cinnamon and try it after mushrooms.

Why wait when you can buy imported mexican cinnamon which is almost always real(the true/ceylon kind and if it isn't it's easy to identify) at the international section at the grocery store,or wally world?

Interesting I think I'll try this recipe sometime I might take less than a Tbsp though to avoid any possible paranoia. I got all the herbs already besides whole nutmeg and the nuts.

ElusiveMind
#27 Posted : 7/31/2010 1:34:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking at the recipe for Space Paste (which is an awesome name btw) all I see is a bunch of inhibitors and the active ingredients from the nutmeg.... is that all or am I missing something??

And as for the recipe as some where saying, substituting the ground nutmeg for the equivalent in nutmeg oil would sound more appealing. Maybe adding a little of Ron's Elemi extract into there too would work nicely too.... or just the elemi.... unless SWIM likes the nasty after taste Razz

Nice find btw Ron Very happy
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

69ron
#28 Posted : 7/31/2010 11:53:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Look at this product:

http://www.spreadhealthfoods.com/products.php

It's called NUTMERIC. It uses similar tricks used in the Space Paste mix. This answers my question of why almonds are in the mix.

It's a mix of turmeric, almonds, and black pepper.

The almonds provide a nut butter in which curcumin is known to be soluble in. Because curcumin is not very water soluble, it needs something like the nut butter to help you digest it. That's why the Space Paste includes almonds.

In Space Paste, the black pepper's piperine is used to boost the effectiveness of curcumin by about 2000%. So basically the curcumin bioavailability is being boosted by the piperine in black papper and the nut butter in the almonds.

The curcumin is not being used as an MAOI. SWIM had a friend test the boosting abilities of harmaline (and MAOI of type A) mixed with elemi oil, and it did not boost the effects much at all. So MAOI is not at play here. The curcumin is being used for its ability to inhibit cytochrome P450.

I did more research and found out that cytochrome P450 is responsible for destroying myristicin (and probably elemicin as well).

This is very interesting to me. The pepper and almonds are critical to this paste working properly. Without them, the turmeric won't work well, and without the turmeric working well, the myristicin won't work well. Very COOL! If you remove any one of those pieces, you break the chain, and the potency drops like crazy.

Just by researching a few ingredients in this Space Paste I learned a lot about drug metabolism.

The guy who put together this Space Paste is an herb genius. If only he was here to tell us what science was behind all of the other pieces in this mix. Everything I researched so far looks rock solid and very well thought out. It's not just a random mix of potentiators like some are claiming in this thread, this stuff is very well thought out. Even the almonds are essential. This guy was not joking when he said every piece is needed for it to work properly. All of the pieces I researched so far are definitely needed.

Kannamate
#29 Posted : 7/31/2010 6:53:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah,but what is cumin used for? I know mexican tarragon(probably similar to regular tarragon) is booster combined with other plants like kratom and dagga and the huichol made a fermented tea and smoked it.

BananaForeskin
#30 Posted : 7/31/2010 7:22:08 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Here's my two cents on the "it's only potentiators+myristicin" debate:

Would it be possible that the reason this works so well is that the potentiators are potentiating the myristicin, but NOT the other toxins found in whole nutmegs? Perhaps this is part of why the experience reports I've come across don't talk about the normal negative nutmeg side effects... It is potentiating the myristicin and other goodies, but none of the crap. That would be one reason it's better than a regular old uncomfortable nutmeg trip.

Also, it should be worth noting that potentiators are rarely "just potentiators", after all... look at the difference between changa and vaped plain spice, it doesn't take a lot of THH being thrown in to make it very different and more wonderful. I don't see why turmeric at a 2000% boost would have any less of an effect on a myristicin experience. (In 5 years, enter threads discussing the nature of the "kurkuma spirit" Very happy )

I will probably whip this up sometime in the next week, and will report back... I think at this stage this thread needs more experience reports and less speculation.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Ginkgo
#31 Posted : 7/31/2010 7:44:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
Also, it should be worth noting that potentiators are rarely "just potentiators", after all... look at the difference between changa and vaped plain spice, it doesn't take a lot of THH being thrown in to make it very different and more wonderful.

Well, yeah, but it is very well known that the harmaloids aren't only potentiators, but also psychedelics in their own. All the substances in this mix is only known to be potentiators, none is known to be psychedelics or even active at their own.

69ron
#32 Posted : 7/31/2010 8:18:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
BananaForeskin wrote:
Also, it should be worth noting that potentiators are rarely "just potentiators", after all... look at the difference between changa and vaped plain spice, it doesn't take a lot of THH being thrown in to make it very different and more wonderful.

Well, yeah, but it is very well known that the harmaloids aren't only potentiators, but also psychedelics in their own. All the substances in this mix is only known to be potentiators, none is known to be psychedelics or even active at their own.

You should know that is not correct. There are several psychoactive compounds present. Even curcumin is psychoactive. Maybe not psychedelic, but it is psychoactive and it will affect the experience. This is from a post about curcumin taken on it’s own. It’s found here on this forum: Curcumin (turmeric extract) tinciture SUCCESS!

q21q21 wrote:
The effect is much like syrian rue (the only harmala he has experienced) except it seems to be stimulating as opposed to sedating.

SWIM started to sit down to watch TV and is pretty on edge. This dose is very strong in fact.
Despite no tracers or visuals (SWIM never got those with rue either) colors and lights are very bright/brilliant.

It took SWIM a ridiculous amount of time to write this down, his mind is very effect and he is beaming.

nabster98
#33 Posted : 8/2/2010 4:58:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know of any good teks for a homemade nutmeg oil? or should it just be bought
Disclaimer: I am merely a figment of your imagination. I lurk between the deepest crevices of your mind, seeking distortions. I am consciousness, all that it true and pure. For I am no human being, I am a observatory tourist of all that is life. Everything I say is nothing but a just rationalization of what I say, although none are true events. Everything is changing, a constant loop, as am I

jamie
#34 Posted : 8/2/2010 5:27:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Evening Glory wrote:
BananaForeskin wrote:

Cinnamon is. Kathlene Harrison talked about it in her talk "spirit in nature" at the world psychedelics forum. She talks about the mazatecs using cinnamon right after mushroom ceremonies for its specific opening and warming effects.

I make lots of really really spicy foods and I always get some psychoactive effects from them..a sort of heated stimulation and endorphin rushy feeling..sort of empathic..especialy if I make something with tons of currey, pepper, ginger and some nutmeg..I dont use lots of nutmeg though since I dont like long lasting stimulants,just a bit of it, prob not enough to do anything..
Long live the unwoke.

mattimus
#35 Posted : 8/2/2010 6:15:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder what the nausea is like? maybe adding some ginger would be nice. Very happy
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.

BananaForeskin
#36 Posted : 8/2/2010 8:26:06 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Quote:
Does anyone know of any good teks for a homemade nutmeg oil? or should it just be bought

If it's anything like the other essential oils of the world, making nutmeg oil just requires distilling a fuck of a lot of nutmeg. Fun if you have a still and a fuck of a lot of nutmeg, otherwise buying it for $8 an ounce off the webs is probably the best way to go...
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

rOm
#37 Posted : 8/2/2010 8:56:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's like a disguised Tchaï tea (when mix with milk) and sounds at least worth a shot, I'm just curious the erowid thread guy said taking tablespoon as part you make enough for 500 poeple !!
At the end he said taking one tablespoon of the mix for a decent trip.
I'm in to try this too. There is nothing to risk as I love spicy food anyway (maybe that build tolerance, as Ron mentionned).

But then again, are you sure using nutmeg oil instead of fresh nuts will be same or there are other substances of interest along with the toxins (and at that dose they are not far from daily food spiced up) ?

This remind of ayurvedic medecine where you are given between many tracks some lists of food and spice to use and some to avoid given your "type" (metabolism and psychism)..
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

69ron
#38 Posted : 8/2/2010 11:52:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

About 1 hour ago SWIM gave a half baked version of this tech a try.

He used 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper. This was put in 1 size 000 capsule. He then put 0.5 ml of nutmeg oil in 1 size 0 capsule. The capsules were taken with milk and then followed with a peanut butter and honey sandwich.

Basically he substituted the peanut butter for the almonds and the honey for the syrup, the nutmeg oil for the nutmeg and left out all the other ingredients.

Now I should mention that SWIM has almost complete tolerance to nutmeg oil. He took it last weekend (0.5 ml), and also this morning (0.5 ml). This morning the effects were pretty weak. Tolerance to nutmeg oil lasts longer than 1 week, and also causes tolerance to elemi oil (which sucks).

Anyway, it’s been about 1 hour. Colors are brighter, similar to how they are with marijuana. This is an effect SWIM doesn’t get from nutmeg oil. This is from the turmeric. He feels very relaxed, at ease. It’s a slightly dreamy effects. Again, this is from the turmeric.

It currently feels nothing at all like nutmeg. It’s more like marijuana.

SWIM does have tolerance to nutmeg but was hoping that the turmeric’s curcumin would still allow the nutmeg to work.

Update: about 1 1/2 hours after taking it SWIM doesn't feel the myristicin in the nutmeg oil, but he feels pretty nice.

Right now there’s a mild smooth soft feeling, sort of like marijuana or passionflower, but very mild. This is the effect of the turmeric (enhanced by the pepper). There’s also a feeling of mild euphoria and something else I can’t quite explain. I don’t know what this is from. It’s not from the turmeric. This is now more than just the turmeric at play. It seems like it's brought out the effects of a few other compounds in the nutmeg oil that SWIM doesn’t normally feel, maybe one is the safrole. There’s a very smooth slightly euphoric feeling present. It’s very unlike nutmeg oil. Maybe later on the myristicin will start to be noticed.

Update: about 2 hours in, SWIM is starting to feel some very mild psychedelic effects which feel like elemicin, but not myristicin. This was not expected. I’m not sure why this is happening. It’s as if the elemicin is boosted but the myristicin is muted. I’ll give it more time. Maybe the myristicin is just coming on slower than usual.

Update: it’s been about 3 hours and it has peaked. This is the final update. SWIM is about to go to bed. All-in-all, this did not feel anything at all like nutmeg oil. The turmeric and black pepper dramatically altered the effects of the nutmeg oil. This is very interesting.

nabster98
#39 Posted : 8/3/2010 4:24:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

tonight swim will be taking 2 tablespoons of space jam along with passion flower and a flower of datura inoxia. I will report back on his findings in a couple of hours.

Disclaimer: I am merely a figment of your imagination. I lurk between the deepest crevices of your mind, seeking distortions. I am consciousness, all that it true and pure. For I am no human being, I am a observatory tourist of all that is life. Everything I say is nothing but a just rationalization of what I say, although none are true events. Everything is changing, a constant loop, as am I

sunshineandsmiles
#40 Posted : 8/3/2010 9:07:00 AM

Sol-Id

nabster98 wrote:
tonight swim will be taking 2 tablespoons of space jam along with passion flower and a flower of datura inoxia. I will report back on his findings in a couple of hours.

Is it just me...or does anyone else see the word 'datura' and instantly defecate in their undergarments? Dude! Scary stuff!

As for the regular Space-Jam I plan on mixing some up today. Making the original recipe before exchanging any of the ingredients though. This'll be the first nutmeg-based experience I've had since mixing it in with warm milk as a sproglet Smile (everyone say aww).

I'll post back what I find...doubtless it'll fall short of the more potent sacred 'erbs and spices.

Much love

S&S
TIME WILL TELL...

PREV1234NEXT