We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
interested in FASW teks Options

WestHighlandTerrier
#1 Posted : 7/21/2010 1:03:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Took me awhile to find this place, but here we are Smile Hi! As the topic indicates, I'm interested in teks using food grade materials, like amor_fati's tek in the eco-friendly sub-forum. I've got some questions and an idea about the freebase conversion, but I can't post my questions in those threads yet. Hope to be able to join you all soon, thanks for the site Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 7/21/2010 1:10:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hello and welcome Smile

you can ask your questions in the 'extraction help subforum' here in the nursery or the 'first quests for information ' too.. dont feel put off by the nursery, all the members equally read and answer in this part, and when you are promoted the discussion can be moved to other appropriate topics, if desired. I know im interested in whatever idea you want to post there or questions to be asked Smile

Now im more curious about yourself. Have you extracted dmt yet or the interest in the food grade teks is still going to be put in practice? Have you tried dmt ? What about other psychedelics?

Smile

WestHighlandTerrier
#3 Posted : 7/23/2010 3:51:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I did about 6 months of reasearch before I fully decided that I wanted to try it, but I knew I had no interest in getting it from someone else. I'm a do-it-yourselfer with my food, my brews, and my gardening, so I started looking at teks. Erowid had put me off to the idea a bit, because all the teks I saw on their site a) took a lot of time to perform, and b) involved using materials I was uncomfortable with. I eventually found an STB tek that just used water, lye, and naptha with a freeze precip, and I settled for that. Wasn't crazy about the naptha, but at the time I didn't see any valid alternatives. The extraction was successful, and I tried it shortly after it was properly evaporated. I used a vaporizer, and I guess in the back of my mind, I was apprehensive about the naptha, so I took one hit, wondered if the taste was from the DMT or solvent residue, and aborted. I had some mild effects from the single hit I took, but not even remotely close to a breakthrough. Friends were still interested, and I gave it away to several, some of whom had profound experiences on it. At least I know I didn't screw the extraction up.

So after that I decided, in order to remove that apprehension, I should see if there is any possibility to do the extraction with food grade ingredients. That's what led me here. I ran amor_fati's tek after the last of the needed ingredients arrived, and I tried two different freebase conversions. One was the dmt fumarate saturated solution combined with the sodium carbonate saturated solution (the one in the comparison thread), and the other was amor_fati's freebase conversion. I think I screwed up the water + water conversion (probably used too much water and/or sodium carbonate), but I definitely have something with the second conversion. I have a small amount of beige pasty material, and a lot of flaky, matted white material. I think the pasty material is limonene I didn't get rid of before the FASW separartion/evap, and I'm guessing that the white crystals are in that flaky, matted, chunky material. I just don't know how much of it is what I want, and how much is waste from the fizzy reaction of the water, the fumarate, and the sodium carbonate.

Some questions: could I take that flaky matted stuff, dissolve it in more limonene, then freeze precip that to get purer crystals? Or am I good to go with the flaky stuff as is? Also, would the pasty stuff carry any jungle spice? I would figure it would have to be darker to catch all those mystery alkaloids.