We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
[New main category] SCIENCE/PHILOSOPHY/SPIRITUALITY Options

The Traveler
#21 Posted : 7/1/2010 12:02:04 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Saidin wrote:
clouds wrote:

Isn't the term "pseudoscience" a liiiiiitle bit offensive to people that believe in non-scientific stuff?

My suggestion is that the "mystic / pseudoscience" sub-forum should be eliminated... and that these kind of "mystic/nonscientific" threads should be discussed in the "Philosophy & Spirituality" sub-forum.

I agree. How about Mystic/Esoteric?

Mystic/Esoteric is indeed a better name for it. I already changed it yesterday evening.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#22 Posted : 7/1/2010 12:12:37 PM

"No, seriously"

obliguhl wrote:
I think its a step into the wrong direction. Civilisation brought this strict seperation of certain cultural aspects like religion and science. What we need is to acknowledge, that science got its place, but is nothing more but a belief system. Seperating science and Spirituality implies, that this belief got more "value".

This stance is also reflected by the sorting of the new sub forums - Science is on top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science

Wikipedia wrote:
Science (from Latin: scientia, meaning "knowledge"Pleased is a systematic enterprise of gathering knowledge about the world and organizing and condensing that knowledge into testable laws and theories.

The word testable is key here.

And you may like it or not but due to science you have access to technology like this internet site and many other technologies you might use every day (including the extraction of DMT!).

There are also a lot of religious people who perform the art of science, so in that aspect there is already a bridge between the spiritual and scientific world.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

The Traveler
#23 Posted : 7/1/2010 12:18:58 PM

"No, seriously"

Saidin wrote:
The Traveler wrote:

I doubted it at first too, but since it is an archive of many religious texts I see it as a prime source for research in that direction.

The Traveler

Wouldn't religious texts be classified as philosophy? They are about as far away from science as you can get.

I was more thinking about theology and anthropology. It's an archive of gathered knowledge that can be used for research in those specific areas.

But you are also right that it can be used for philosophy, another scientific study. Pleased

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy

Wikipedia wrote:
Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems concerning matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. It is distinguished from other ways of addressing fundamental questions (such as mysticism, myth, or the arts) by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument

Kind regards,

The Traveler

obliguhl
#24 Posted : 7/1/2010 1:14:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
And you may like it or not but due to science you have access to technology like this internet site and many other technologies you might use every day (including the extraction of DMT!).

Science is a very good method for finding a way through this 3D Existence, there is no denying that. Point is, that it should not be viewed as more important than the world of the spirits. It's cultural bias.

The Traveler
#25 Posted : 7/1/2010 5:18:21 PM

"No, seriously"

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:

Science is a very good method for finding a way through this 3D Existence, there is no denying that. Point is, that it should not be viewed as more important than the world of the spirits. It's cultural bias.

Thats why there are now three subfora each with the same level of importance. Science is on top since it's the shortest qua text and fits best with the previous subfora (Suppliers), I try to keep the names of the subfora into a certain flow. Just look at the front page and see how all the subfora flow into each other by using their size. Very happy

Kind regards,

The Traveler

PREV12