We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Back to the spice Options

StrangeLoop
#1 Posted : 6/12/2010 8:51:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've encountered spice before from other people's extractions throughout the past 6 months and I finally succeeded in procuring my own, which was a very rewarding experience. But I've had some trips on spice that were nerve wracking and slightly threatening, so after crystallizing I was really chicken shit about using it and set it aside in a vial for a couple days. Finally got up the nerves to take it out just a little while ago.

I had to sit for a good long while with the crystals loaded up in the pipe, taking slow deep breaths trying to calm my heart rate down as I was noticeably excited. I'm not too sure on my smoking method, I think it's a definite problem. I hold the lighter over the spice until it melts into the bud I'm using as a screen, and I tried holding there for some time but didn't notice any vapors upon exhaling. So I let the flame get a bit closer, eventually the bud starts to cherry so I say fuck it and just start ripping the bud. Get in 3 good hits as advised, already feeling the familiar alienness character to the room after the first hit.

It's a very different trip from what I remember but very familiar all the same. I don't think I reached breakthrough levels, this was about 40mg not smoked very efficiently. There were colors that were flowing like a river, it wasn't too intense or bright. It felt as usual like someone was right in my face like poking at me, looking at me, but I sort of vaguely sense their presence and don't see them very clearly. The river of colors vaguely resembles various shapes and it feels as though I'm part of a crowd of people that are sort of flowing and moving over each other like a river of shape people. Kind of hard to explain.

It was very grounding to hear the sounds of people yelling outside "PARTYYYY! WOOO," normally I would be accepting of the neighbors on the nearby balcony doing this but it just seemed so obnoxious and really got on my nerves while trying to blast off. My fault for waiting so late in the night on a Friday, can't fault them. But it was very grounding, I had no music and was going for a silent trip as music in the past has been very anxiety producing.

So I may try again tomorrow, with appropriate music, and see where it goes. I will both up the dosage and try to improve my smoking method as it wasn't nearly as intense as desired. And I think the lack of intensity this first time has cleared up my nerves about going further, this seems to be a very gentle and extremely euphoric substance. I think I forgot to mention it but I felt realllly good the whole time. Very happy

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

#2 Posted : 6/12/2010 1:11:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice one for procuring your own spice!! Get some changa on the go, it's so much easier and more manageable. 40mg through a water bong has me in bits afterwards. A full on breakthrough. I personally wouldn't up the dose until you are confident about your smoking method being efficient.

I am always full of neves before smoking as well. It does get very very weird though, so the nerves are justified! Hope the next time goes well.
Smile
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

beakon
#3 Posted : 6/13/2010 2:31:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From my knowledge which came from a friend with a LOT of knowledge, spice does not like lighters. You wanna procure a basepipe (commonly called a glass oil incense burner) at a headshop, and first melt the xtals with a lighter at a distance, then use a match to vaporize turnin the pipe back and forth, rolling it in your fingers. I find this is a way to get breakthrough experiences from as low as 20mg, also i agree with the recommendation about changa; dmt infused mullein herb has been extremely powerful in my experience.

#4 Posted : 6/13/2010 2:37:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spice is a gateway to parallel dimensions. I don't care if people say 'its just a drug' - it isn't. We have stumbled upon an ancient biotechnology that ports you into different planes of existence, where you meet the inhabitants of said other planes. And you never know which dimensions you'll end up in or what entities you'll meet.

I'd be surprised if you weren't shitting yourself before going there. Apart from being born and dying, this is the most intense experience you will ever have.
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

benzyme
#5 Posted : 6/13/2010 2:42:55 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

pretty much
perhaps only skydiving from the fringe of space rivals it.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Ginkgo
#6 Posted : 6/13/2010 2:49:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why can't it be both? A drug that is a gateway to other dimensions? It is only a drug. And as other drugs, it opens certain doors. It is just that the doors this particular drug opens are to other dimensions. Isn't it?

#7 Posted : 6/13/2010 2:52:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
pretty much
perhaps only skydiving from the fringe of space rivals it.

Personally, I'd shit my self doing that as well! Smile
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

StrangeLoop
#8 Posted : 6/13/2010 5:30:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

88 wrote:
Spice is a gateway to parallel dimensions. I don't care if people say 'its just a drug' - it isn't. We have stumbled upon an ancient biotechnology that ports you into different planes of existence, where you meet the inhabitants of said other planes. And you never know which dimensions you'll end up in or what entities you'll meet.

I'd be surprised if you weren't shitting yourself before going there. Apart from being born and dying, this is the most intense experience you will ever have.

Word. One of my friends is annoyingly antagonistic to spirituality in any form, he says that people that have spiritual experiences on drugs are stupid because drugs make you see stuff that isn't real. I want to find evidence that DMT really is released on death. If it is that pretty much proves it's more than just a drug. Some people say oh yea, your brain just pumps out DMT so the transition to death is easier, and then the light goes out after your DMT trip. That's horse dung, why would the brain evolve to make death an easier transition unless what was beyond the veil is actually real...there's no survival value in making death easier. Confused

Oh, about how much does an oil burner go for?

Candle
#9 Posted : 6/13/2010 11:09:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The evidence is there.. It's a fact as far as I know that DMT is released on death.
DMT is released 49 days after conception, and at death, so is associated with the entrance and exit of the soul\consciousness\whatever from the physical body.
Taking DMT seems to detach the soul from the body.. or something.
It isn't a drug in the traditional sense, not even like other psychedelics. I think it literally connects you to hyperspace.
Maybe DMT is release at death so that when your body dies YOU don't die, but can evacuate into hyperspace.

I think our physical human form is like a larval stage of a sort of hyperdimensional conscious butterfly.

I don't have any idea, actually.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 6/13/2010 11:24:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Candle wrote:
The evidence is there.. It's a fact as far as I know that DMT is released on death.
DMT is released 49 days after conception, and at death, so is associated with the entrance and exit of the soul\consciousness\whatever from the physical body.

Source?

Bill Cipher
#11 Posted : 6/13/2010 11:46:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is NOT a fact that DMT is released at death - nor is there any actual scientific evidence that it is released at birth, produced by the pineal gland (at 49 days or otherwise), plays a role in dreaming or any of the other anecdotal theories that some seem to accept as gospel. It's ALL conjecture. Don't spread misinformation. It marginalizes the community.

And the "glass dick" style oil burners are strictly for the birds. Invest in a glass vaporgenie. You'll never struggle again.

alzabo
#12 Posted : 6/13/2010 11:57:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I recall correctly from reading The Spirit molecule, it's that the pineal gland appears as a formation in the brain 49 days after conception. I don't have my copy anymore to look up the data as I have read it and passed it along to others. The hypothesis for DMT release at time of death is put forth in the book because of the similarity of the near death experience and the DMT experience. Is there actually any way to measure endogenously produced DMT in a reliable manner?
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

apostle11
#13 Posted : 6/14/2010 12:25:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

StrangeLoop wrote:

It was very grounding to hear the sounds of people yelling outside "PARTYYYY! WOOO," normally I would be accepting of the neighbors on the nearby balcony doing this but it just seemed so obnoxious and really got on my nerves while trying to blast off. My fault for waiting so late in the night on a Friday, can't fault them. But it was very grounding, I had no music and was going for a silent trip as music in the past has been very anxiety producing.
Very happy

Yeah I hear yah there I like things as silent as possible I a couple of times have just said I am not doing this now because my neighbors were making noise and I've notices that any of that really distracts from the experience for me.

Pursue Perspective

StrangeLoop
#14 Posted : 6/14/2010 12:27:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah I was thinking about getting a vaporgenie...I really didn't want to spend the money but it looks like it may be the best way. The savings in spice would pretty much pay for itself.

I think the pineal development at 49 days is the only fact there. There's no evidence linking the pineal to DMT. I'm not sure if they've checked corpses for higher than normal DMT concentrations, if they have the results were inconclusive as DMT is metabolized very quickly.

And yea, I may borrow my roommate's noise canceling headphones for my next journey. Either put on some real faint chill music or just turn on the noise canceling with no music just for the silence. Music can be good but in general I think I prefer silence. Smile

apostle11
#15 Posted : 6/14/2010 12:32:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
Why can't it be both? A drug that is a gateway to other dimensions? It is only a drug. And as other drugs, it opens certain doors. It is just that the doors this particular drug opens are to other dimensions. Isn't it?

Not to be argumentative but I don't like the term drug it is just to general, and typically associates a negative connotation. For me DMT has become the end all in terms of "Drugs" if you will but to say it is just a drug, I could never do it in any context..
Pursue Perspective

Sublime
#16 Posted : 6/14/2010 12:51:15 AM

Intraterrestrial

There is a program with Rick Strassman discussing this. The pineal gland, where DMT derives from, is formed at about the 49th day of conception, the fetus. Very interesting stuff, as suggest anyone to further investigate DMT. Watch his theories and thoughts on the issue. He probably has the most information about the drug. I still wonder if he has tried it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JsioLI9UmE

"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

apostle11
#17 Posted : 6/14/2010 12:56:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sublime wrote:
There is a program with Rick Strassman discussing this. The pineal gland, where DMT derives from, is formed at about the 49th day of conception, the fetus. Very interesting stuff, as suggest anyone to further investigate DMT. Watch his theories and thoughts on the issue. He probably has the most information about the drug. I still wonder if he has tried it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JsioLI9UmE

I still don't think it has been proven that DMT is derived from the pineal gland although there is evidence a lot of which comes from Strassman to suggest that it does.
Pursue Perspective

StrangeLoop
#18 Posted : 6/14/2010 3:15:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is a GLASS vaporgenie absolutely necessary? Would the classic be just as suitable? I suppose the main advantage to the glass is you can see when the chamber starts to fill with vapor, but surely the cheaper one will still get the job done?

alzabo
#19 Posted : 6/14/2010 4:09:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The classic is truly awesome.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

antrocles
#20 Posted : 6/14/2010 4:31:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the classic truly IS awesome....but....the glass vapor genie is the absolute best method for vaporizing spice out there right now. it's a little pricey, yes, but it is also bullet-proof and you'll be beaming at it lovingly 50 years from now. it's that well made.

the fact that you can actually SEE your dose as you take it in makes it head and shoulders a better choice than the classic.

i used to own 4 classics. i gave all of them but one away. now i have one classic and 3 glass ones..... the classic is for artistic display purposes only.... Pleased

congrats on doing your first extraction! looking forward to hearing about your deeper sojourns at the hyperspace bar n' grill! Very happy

WITH LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

12NEXT