We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Float Tanks Options

obliguhl
#21 Posted : 1/29/2014 5:37:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It's pretty expensive. There is a package of three one hour floats for around $100.

I would try it if it was that cheap where i live. HEre you have to pay 180€ for three hours, That is around 250$ US ....

But there seem to exist a community of floaters who have built their own tanks. This might be an option if one is desperate for a longer float. I kinda don't see the reason to try shorter floats. But paying 500$ for a real half day float ...meh, i don't know.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#22 Posted : 1/29/2014 10:09:08 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I did my first float last fall (3.5hrs) and it was incredible! My second float wasn't half as long, and obviously wasn't nearly as interesting (i was also stoned that second time and couldn't relax well)

I plan on building my own in the future. Some say they did it with a little over a thousand bucks...Well worth it IMO

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

clearlyone
#23 Posted : 1/30/2014 1:22:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While it's probably best to try it out for a while at a float center - if you get hooked building your own can be rewarding. Less cost and longer floats in the comfort of your own home / basement. I built one but had to tear down when I moved. Used it a few times a week for a few years. Great augmentation to meditation practice. I miss it.

A few considerations:

Be safe. Do not dose and float. There is a documented tank fatality liked to mescaline. One wrong twist and a lung full of salt water and no one is commin to check on you. A dumb way to die.

Before you build plan how you will control extra humidity in your basement / home.

Major systems include the media (800 lbs epsom salt - magnesium sulphate), filtration (pool pump, sand filter, maybe UV aquarium sanitizer), air filtering (you need fresh air in there), insulation (poly panels can work well when sealed with window construction tape), water containment (fish safe pond liner works well), heat (digital waterbed heater under the liner). I used OSB plywood for the containment tub (4'x8'Pleased then exteded upward with poly panels. This created a tank tall enough to stand in. Also plumbing for filter should not penetrate the liner - and no bottom drains - too risky for leaks.

Good luck.

"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

Bancopuma
#24 Posted : 1/30/2014 3:07:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would love to have a float session. I've been having talks with a few different people about the possibility of doing a study on OBE's via floatation tanks, but time and money are limiting factors at present. These are some DIY float tanks plans shared by a Nexian a while back for anyone interested.

endlessness
#25 Posted : 1/30/2014 9:15:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I`d love to try an isolation tank one day....

clearlyone wrote:

Be safe. Do not dose and float. There is a documented tank fatality liked to mescaline.

Really? Can`t find anything on google, got a link?

universecannon
#26 Posted : 1/30/2014 2:59:21 PM

I wouldn't recommend dosing the first time you try it; partly because it can take a while to calm down the initial excitement even going in sober, and partly because its more dangerous when you aren't familiar with it,obviously

I think if you've already floated before and don't take a ridiculous dose then you'll be fine...Just make damn sure you dont get any salt water in your eyes!

Archmage
#27 Posted : 1/30/2014 3:19:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Isolation tanks are awesome.

Sensory deprivation coupled with re-distributed brain power = wow.

The basic concept is that a huge portion or the brain is used for calculation and constant management of gravity on this planet. Allegedly 80-90%. (This is what I've read.)
The salt float removes the need for the brain to calculate gravity and after 15-30 minutes power gets redistributed back to the rest of the brain. Removing all other senses also allows for focused redistribution and journeys through hyperspace. Allegedly one is to work their way up gradually starting at 30-45 mins and then adding 20-30 minutes each subsequent float until at 3ish hours max. I've read in general not to go over about 3 hrs.

An excellent book I have in my library at home is wort picking up. And you can get used copies for pennies.

http://www.amazon.com/Ta...s-Classics/dp/0895560712

-=Archmage=-

..."We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what it’s worth. You are a divine being. You matter, you count. You come from realms of unimaginable power and light, and you will return to those realms."

universecannon
#28 Posted : 1/30/2014 4:44:12 PM

I think 30 minutes is way too short. I don't see any problem with starting at even 3 hours... You can always get out if you want to

what evidence is it that the brain works that hard to "manage gravity"? Sensory dep in a cave works to over time...

Archmage
#29 Posted : 1/30/2014 6:59:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
I think 30 minutes is way too short. I don't see any problem with starting at even 3 hours... You can always get out if you want to

what evidence is it that the brain works that hard to "manage gravity"? Sensory dep in a cave works to over time...

UC,

It's just information I've picked up during my research of IsoTanks... it is an ultimate goal of mine to construct one....

As for how much brain power is used to calculate gravity, I am unaware of any exact figures - just picked that up during research....

-=Archmage=-

..."We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what it’s worth. You are a divine being. You matter, you count. You come from realms of unimaginable power and light, and you will return to those realms."

DoingKermit
#30 Posted : 1/30/2014 7:28:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with 30 mins being too short. Even an hour seems too short. I feel like I'm just starting to get into it, when the ambient music comes on indicating that you have to get out soon.

Floats are pretty cheap where I live luckily, but owning one would be ideal!

Bancopuma
#31 Posted : 8/27/2014 4:04:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A company has recently launched a more affordable (but still not cheap) float tank set up for home use via a very successful Kickstarter campaign for anyone interested. I'm intrigued to have some sessions in a tank but it is really expensive where I am. I have a feeling floating could be an aid in OBE induction...not necessarily in the tank per se, but for the profound relaxed afterglow they can give you, I think the feeling of floating could carry over well to practice and be an ally in this regard.

http://www.zenfloatco.com/

poonja
#32 Posted : 8/27/2014 5:04:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My float experience was very comfortable. In fact, I fell asleep for more than an hour. I would do it again except it was a 2 hour drive. Definitely worth at least one experience.

universecannon
#33 Posted : 8/27/2014 6:09:10 PM

Archmage wrote:
universecannon wrote:

UC,

It's just information I've picked up during my research of IsoTanks... it is an ultimate goal of mine to construct one....

As for how much brain power is used to calculate gravity, I am unaware of any exact figures - just picked that up during research....

I understand that, and I don't doubt that the semi weightlessness has a big effect of some kind. I was just curious as to where you got that specific information or what their reasoning or evidence was, since I'm interested. Smile

anrchy
#34 Posted : 8/27/2014 7:18:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
Archmage wrote:
universecannon wrote:

UC,

I understand that, and I don't doubt that the semi weightlessness has a big effect of some kind. I was just curious as to where you got that specific information or what their reasoning or evidence was, since I'm interested. Smile

Just to clear some things up.

The energy that you are freeing up is due to any processing your brain is doing for visual, auditory, feeling, and yes gravity. Although those numbers are not correct. The 80-90% archmage speaks of is the total sum of all the sensory parts of your body, not just the gravity processing your brain is doing. I had seen a study, I think, where they showed parts of the brain lighting up while a patients sensory needs were deprived. If I can find it I will post it here.

Also it is recommended that you do at least 1.5 hours at first. As you learn to float adding more time will become more beneficial. The only reason to not start out with tons of hours would be due to how much it costs to do long floats, as you learn to float the longer floats will be more beneficial than they would in the beginning. I dispute the 3hr max claim, as I have talked with floaters that spend upwords in the 8+ hour range and report nothing but amazing benefits.

Many insomniacs are able to sleep in float tanks as well.

Quote:

I think there have been studies of weightlessness's effects on the brain via our ability to goto space. Although I havent looked much into it. I would think its safe to assume that most of the information posed as scientific understanding of sensory deprivation tanks is conjecture.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

adam
#35 Posted : 8/28/2014 2:43:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some experience floating.

I have dosed and floated several times, but ime it has been the best on the comedown of intense journeys.

Depending on what your dosing and how heavily I think being somewhere other then a closed black box might be safer for the uninitiated.

I have done 2g mushrooms doses and floated for three hours and had a divine time, and have dosed 4aco dmt and floated for 2 and same thing.

My advice on combining floating and psychedelics like anytime using psychedelics is just to realize what you are getting yourself into beforehand and you shouldn't have any problems.

By far the most enjoyable time I had floating was on the comedown of an intense aya mushroom dmt filled night and I had regained more or less normal awareness and was able to let my body unwind and really integrate everything from the previous night, this in my opinion is the best use of the float tank.

hixidom
#36 Posted : 8/29/2014 8:28:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How do sensory deprivation experiences compare to experiences based on Ganzfield effect? I ask because of the cost/effort differences (getting into a giant tank of saltwater vs. putting on goggles and headphones).

It seems to me that a sensory deprivation experience could be achieved if I wore sound-proof headphones and a light-shielding mask, and took some sort of tactile anesthetic.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

nicechrisman
#37 Posted : 12/23/2014 4:35:06 PM

Kin

Plan to try this for the first time this Friday with a fellow nexian friend of mine. Will report back. Most like 4 aco dmt and edible cannabis will be involved.
Nagdeo

Bancopuma
#38 Posted : 11/15/2015 7:57:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm really psyched to try floating sometime. Have attached a paper on it that may be of interest.

Ufostrahlen
#39 Posted : 11/15/2015 8:33:10 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Bancopuma wrote:
I'm really psyched to try floating sometime. Have attached a paper on it that may be of interest.

Just do it. Thumbs up If you don't have the money, X-mas is near. Very happy The first time was funny, not the tank itself (a regular massage is probably more cost effective in terms of relaxation), but the dream afterwards. I was on a South American mountain with some other persons, who got instructed by Ram Das and then we flew into the white light. No lucidity, but nevertheless spectacular. The second time was unfortunately pretty unspectacular and not worth the cost/benefit ratio. That's why I decided to save my money for the upcoming Aurora LD device: https://www.kickstarter....g-headband/posts/1408615
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Bancopuma
#40 Posted : 11/16/2015 10:42:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool dream...it is funny how often that experience of merging with white light appears, in all manner of different practices, seems to be one of those core, universal human experiences long reported by the mystics. Float sessions are pretty expensive here in the UK and float tanks are few and far between, so slightly longer term I'm looking into making or buying my own, I'm kinda up for making it a part of my life and already have some experiments in mind! Cool

And yeah I've already got my eye on the Aurora, I have it bookmarked for a future purchase, looking forward to having a play with that!!

This is an interesting documentary on floatation, worth a watch if this floats your boat. Thumbs up

PREV123NEXT