We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
GROW YOUR OWN MIMOSA Options

droplet
#21 Posted : 6/11/2010 4:40:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

any suggestions on when i should harvest some root bark?, i could honestly fill the back of a truck i bet

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

BananaForeskin
#22 Posted : 6/11/2010 4:45:34 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

One could drive there from New Orleans, and pick up Psychotria nervosa in Florida on the way back!! Whoo!

As for the lighting questions, mimosa hostilis likes a lot of indirect light. From what I've heard, it likes to live beneath the canopy.

The greenhouse is ALWAYS a good idea with tropical plants like mimosa hostilis!!
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Dimitrius
#23 Posted : 6/11/2010 7:50:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

droplet wrote:
pink flowers right now

looks like this

http://en.academic.ru/pi...wiki/77/Mimosa_Bloom.jpg

Those look like Albizzia julibrissin flowers.

http://www.google.com/im...e=og&sa=N&tab=wi

It's also called the Mimosa tree for some reason. I don't know why.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

endlessness
#24 Posted : 6/11/2010 9:59:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

droplet wrote:
pink flowers right now

looks like this

http://en.academic.ru/pi...wiki/77/Mimosa_Bloom.jpg

then its no mimosa hostilis, sorry.... as said, there are other plants people call 'mimosa' which are not hostilis

mimosa hostilis has white flowers.

so who knows what tree is it, it might contain dmt, it might not contain dmt, it might contain unwanted alkaloids.... so please be careful when bioassaying anything

droplet
#25 Posted : 6/11/2010 2:42:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I go to college in GA right next to the island, so only a 2 minute drive to get to it. I'll go scope it out soon to make sure what kind of flowers it has, the only reason i post that picture is because i have one of those right outside of my window as well. They're all over Savannah, Ga. But I think I'll go check it out just to make sure one more time. Can someone post a picture of what the flower should look like. I know mimosa's have the same type of leaves but different flowers... am i right?

droplet
#26 Posted : 6/18/2010 6:11:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so i went back to that island today, and its not the same mimosa thats in my yard...the mimosa in my yard has the pink flowers which is not the one i want, but the ones on the island have no flowers right now...

I remember going there a while back and vaguely remember seeing white flowers and pods though...

but my question is how do i tell the difference between jurema and Anadenanthera... it has come to my attention that the leaf structures of both are quite similar, i will upload pictures of the tree very soon...

im beginning to doubt that ill be able to identify whilst the trees are not flowering though...

TrustLoveMan
#27 Posted : 7/4/2010 8:52:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to get some seeds, But I've heard of people getting bad seeds. Are their any really reliable vendors, maybe for caapi also.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

BananaForeskin
#28 Posted : 7/4/2010 8:58:21 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

I always go for botanicalspirit, myself, they've always given me great seeds. They may not be the best choice for non-North Americans, but they've got good products and a nice selection of things. I don't think they sell caapi seeds, however. If you are in North America, try checking in with Horizon Herbs as well-- they sell a wide variety of live plants as well as seeds, and they probably still have live caapi.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

PREV12