We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Glass Shard Re-Crystallization Pictorial Options

lowjackal
#41 Posted : 5/2/2009 1:21:51 AM

PuddinTane

That bestine shit is running $12.99 for a 16 oz container. This isnt any kind of must for dmt clean-up, or is it?

Who cares $25.00 smacked down on 2 cans. So now I can go see if I can get these cubes to gleam.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

acolon_5
#42 Posted : 5/2/2009 3:29:58 AM

The Great Namah

No, it is not necessary to use bestine to clean up spice.

However, it does work a lot better than naphtha. I am still on my first can that I bought over a year ago. using 50-100mL at a time really makes it hard to use it up quickly. Never pull spice with the bestine only use it to clean up the spice.

If you don't want to shell out the money for bestine, just use naphtha. You'll still get pretty crystals, you'll just have to be more careful. I suggest not heating the naphtha up too much. You don't want it too hot to touch.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

WillieG
#43 Posted : 5/13/2009 9:33:00 PM
willie

Anybody know what is the best way to get the oil to sink to the bottom? Every time my friend gets the crystals to dissolve no oil appears. Then later the crystals that are stuck to the glass are yellow? On the initial recrystallization he gets most of it out but can never seem to get the rest?
everything posted above is for entertainment purposes only, not to be taken seriously...

Faust
#44 Posted : 6/19/2009 9:15:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lowjackal wrote:
That bestine shit is running $12.99 for a 16 oz container. This isnt any kind of must for dmt clean-up, or is it?

Who cares $25.00 smacked down on 2 cans. So now I can go see if I can get these cubes to gleam.

These are a list of art supply stores which carry Bestine Rubber Cement Solvent and Thinner.

http://papercement.com/c...scstore+xzlh1782ffa36aa3
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Sir Isaac Newton

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

WSaged
#45 Posted : 6/19/2009 11:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WillieG wrote:
Anybody know what is the best way to get the oil to sink to the bottom? Every time my friend gets the crystals to dissolve no oil appears. Then later the crystals that are stuck to the glass are yellow? On the initial recrystallization he gets most of it out but can never seem to get the rest?

Use less solvent & don't heat it too much.

Use a hot water bath to warm the solvent to no more than 100-120F degrees.

Break up the DMT into a loose powder as much as possible, so it will dissolve easier.
Put it in a separate small jar, I use a 50ml beaker.

Then use an eye dropper to add only 3-4 drops of the warm solvent at a time, to the jar with the DMT in it, swirling the jar around for at least 30 sec before adding more.
Also, use the hot water bath to help keep the solvent being used warm. After adding a few drops of solvent to the jar of DMT, then swirl it around to mix it while holding the bottom of the jar in the hot water bath. The heat will help to dissolve the DMT quicker & easier.

At some point any excess, discolored crap, will start to coagulate on the bottom.
Don't add any more, unless you notice solids in the colored stuff forming on the bottom.
If you add too much solvent too fast, or it's too hot, the impurities will dissolve too.

I just did this with Heptane & I only used a little less than 20ml of Heptane to completely dissolve a little over 500mg of very pure DMT. (It will take a bit more if using Naptha.)
I have some nice large 100% clear, lotus flower-like crystals growing in there now at room temperature. Much like the ones on the first page of this thread.
It's only been 24 hours & their quite large already!! I'll add some pics when I get em out in a week or too.

Oh and as far as the Heptane (Bestine) being expensive, if you don't end up evaporating it, it can be reused for a number of re-crystallization, so it's really an investment.
I bought one small 120ml container of it over a year ago & I've used it now for around 5-6 re-crystallization's!!
I've still got over 3/4 of it left too!
Normally, I don't need to use any more than 20-30ml & I usually freeze precipitate & filter out the DMT. Then reuse it next time.
With the crystals I'm growing now, after a few days, I'm going to cut a slit in the top of the plastic seal & let it evaporate down this time though.

Not really so expensive...

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

WSaged
#46 Posted : 6/23/2009 10:31:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just finished growing some very nice sized & very pure, clear crystals in room temp Heptane (Bestine).

Here are a few pics.

The biggest one is .168mg & 100% clear throughout!! Quite nice for just letting it all sit there for a week!

Just wanting to show off a little,Embarrased first time I've done anything but freeze precip, my crystals are normally extremely pure, but small.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMTripper
#47 Posted : 10/23/2009 4:42:52 AM

John Murdoch IV

WSaged wrote:
I just finished growing some very nice sized & very pure, clear crystals in room temp Heptane (Bestine).

Here are a few pics.

The biggest one is .168mg & 100% clear throughout!! Quite nice for just letting it all sit there for a week!

Just wanting to show off a little,Embarrased first time I've done anything but freeze precip, my crystals are normally extremely pure, but small.

WS

Those chunks look good Very happy thanx for the pics.

What tek do you use for extraction? STB or A/B?
How much time do you spend cleaning up and re-crystallization?

But personally I don't mind yellow spice. I like DMT n-oxide..
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

#48 Posted : 10/23/2009 6:02:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Very Nice WSaged. Heptane is the absolute best I've tried so far for ReXing the SPice.
SOme like it yellow, some like it white, some like them both.
I still don't have a ton of experience but so far the white seems to come on a lot smoother for me.

Shadowlord
#49 Posted : 10/23/2009 6:04:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Guest wrote:
Very Nice WSaged. Heptane is the absolute best I've tried so far for ReXing the SPice.
SOme like it yellow, some like it white, some like them both.
I still don't have a ton of experience but so far the white seems to come on a lot smoother for me.

Ooops, posted w/o being signed in.

mogascreeta
#50 Posted : 10/25/2009 10:46:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

XENONSION wrote:
Plasmod3smata wrote:
XENONSION wrote:
To grow your crystals large and in charge, i would not suggest freeze precipitating. Let your covered solvent sit at room temp for several days, then allow to evaporate slowly. This will give you the nice big crystal formations.

Just a variation you can employ, depending what you wanna do and how you want your final spice to look.

Hmmm... do you use around 25-30ml per gram or more then that? I remember coAsTal growing large crystals by letting sit in a solution of around 50ml per gram...

It seems like in the super-saturated mixes a lot crystals form on the side of the glass within the first few hours of being in room temperature... so much so I didn't think leaving it for a few days would form large crystals... but it is something I definitely need to try!

Is it better to use closer to 30ml per gram or closer to 60ml for the slow-evaporation during large crystal formation?

I heat my solvent, and use a small shallow glass dish instead of a shot glass (easier to scrape out). I only add enough solvent to dissolve the dmt, no more then JUST enough.It is not much at all, nowhere near a shot glass full for sure. Then just cover and let it sit and grow.

This is my glass i use for growing crystals

And here are some of what i've grown. Once i notice it stops growing, i uncover and let it evap. You can get half a gram into one large crystal clump, it's pretty neat really.

what tool do you use to scrape off such a rounded surface?
"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

Madcap
#51 Posted : 10/25/2009 2:36:12 PM

illudium Q-36

The big chunks just pop off I used a sewing needle to wedge them loose. I use an old auto insurance card to scrape the insides of round shot glasses and mason jars. Its basically a super light thin plastic business card. flexes around easily.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Shadowlord
#52 Posted : 10/26/2009 9:44:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just incredible work there Xenonison.
I have gotten some very shiny, sparkly looking stuff doing heptane freeze precips in shot glasses but those large clear crystals are fantastic. I love playing with the process almost as much as I love the spice itself. I will have to see if I can get some large crystals like that. Give me an excuse to either clean up some yellower stuff or do a little more extracting. Like I need an excuse LOL.

Shadowlord
#53 Posted : 9/4/2010 1:32:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And just scored big time! Laughing
The local art store that I go to for my Bestine, which used to carry only the small little can of it now carries the quart can for only 16.99!!
This should last me for quite a while, although I have been evapping some of it lately rather than freeze precip. It evaps so quickly off a glass dish that one can clean up some spice in a hurry. Now that I have it all white I may ReX one last time and let it slowly cool and freeze precip to try and get it more crystalline.
Went from yellow to white w/ little sparkles so one more time should really make it special.

rolandrat
#54 Posted : 9/4/2010 4:45:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nice crystals

Not Sure
#55 Posted : 9/5/2010 6:28:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those x-tals look motivating. SWIM just ordered 1750g powdered root bark! SWIM loves pictorial tutorials.
โ€œPsychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existedโ€

Ice House
#56 Posted : 9/5/2010 7:11:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Very Well Done! Beautiful!
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

tele
#57 Posted : 12/16/2010 9:30:07 PM
Explorer

I suppose this tek can be done with lesser amounts of crystals? Such as 1/2 gram of DMT with 20-30ml naphtha?

austingsx
#58 Posted : 7/20/2011 4:45:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

lowjackal wrote:
The question arises from the fact that the the can of supertech starting fluid swim is looking at has 2 ingredients:
Heptane (142-82-5) and Diethyl Ether (60-29-7), plus carbon dioxide as a propellant.
This is why the question was put forth asking if a combination of the two would work.
Bestine is sold as what? and for how much?
As this is $2.09 per 11 oz. can of supertech starting fluid.
Maybe I'll see if it's a worth while product mixture and report back with pictures the end results.

I'm off to find out what the hell bestine is.

I've distilled supertech starting fluid and ended up with heptane, diethyl ether, and some nasty lubricants. If I remember correctly I used a erlenmeyer flask, vigeraux column, worm style condenser, and a submersible fountain pump in a refrigerated water bath that was intended to keep milk chilled for a commercial espresso machine with inline milk frother. The distillation flask had a thermometer inserted and a vigerux column on top leading to the improvised condenser. I can't remember the temps but use a digital hotplate with a water bath and some method of raising the distillation flask off the bottom surface of the waterbath, turn up heat SLOWLY. If I were to do this again I'd use a vacuum on the assembly to lower boiling points and eliminate vapors. When storing ether use a dark glass flask, and insert a piece of copper tubing to prevent peroxide formation, and keep the jar away from sunlight or heat. If I were to do this again I'd use a vacuum on the assembly to lower the boiling points.

austingsx
#59 Posted : 7/20/2011 5:03:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

mogascreeta wrote:

what tool do you use to scrape off such a rounded surface?

get a wooden dowel, about 2 inches taller than your jar then use a bandsaw to cut the dowel in half legnthwise for 3.3" then insert a credit card, adjust the credit card so that the length of the the card sticks out enough so that the dowel doesn't hit the sides of the jar mouth when scraping the walls. Then the credit card is adjusted properly cut the backside of the card off, glue in place coat the entire handle with "plasti dip" to get rid of any groves that things may get caught in. The credit card has a length of 3.37" so the bottom portion sticking out of the dowel can be trimmed to fit the profile of your rounded bottom jars, if using a flat bottomed beaker the rounded edge of the card fits the profile nicely already. I like to use a black plasti dip so that any xtals on the handle are clearly visible.

austingsx
#60 Posted : 7/20/2011 5:20:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

everythingsflashin wrote:
ok cool. so would it work to just have a large container with CO2 creating substance at the bottom, and place the grow dish in the container and seal it all off?

Wine aficionados have a product called "Oenophilia Private Preserve Wine Preserver" which is a can of inert gas, it's about $10/bottle, the gas is heavier than air so you only need a bit, you don't need to completely flood the atmosphere in the collection vessel, just make a little layer on top. You can test the amount needed by filling your collection vessel to it's normal level with WATER do a test squirt, insert a match, the flame will be extinguished when it hits the inert gas. DO NOT TEST WITH SOLVENT, if the layer is not large enough it would catch fire.

PREV1234NEXT