We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
A Name for the Rue Concoction Options

mattritt
#61 Posted : 11/29/2010 7:27:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree ayaruemosa is too long and as discussed neither is a vine. I like peghuasca, for peganum and huasca for "of the soul" which could be interpreted "for the soul". I think that that follows the scheme: ayahuasca, pharmahuasca, juremhuasca, etc. BUT that still seems to imply there is caapi in it. So I guess it would depend on the admixture what the name was.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Apoc
#62 Posted : 12/1/2010 8:15:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattritt wrote:
I agree ayaruemosa is too long and as discussed neither is a vine. I like peghuasca, for peganum and huasca for "of the soul" which could be interpreted "for the soul". I think that that follows the scheme: ayahuasca, pharmahuasca, juremhuasca, etc. BUT that still seems to imply there is caapi in it. So I guess it would depend on the admixture what the name was.

I think you have it backwards. Aya = spirit. Huasca = vine.

BecometheOther
#63 Posted : 12/8/2010 10:10:07 AM

metamorhpasizer

So Harmalosa it is then..
Good Im glad we all agree...
lol but seriously..
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

obliguhl
#64 Posted : 12/8/2010 12:32:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eluna
#65 Posted : 12/8/2010 1:11:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Presenting...

Syrian Roo!

Librarian
#66 Posted : 12/13/2010 12:42:57 PM

Etienne

What about Mimosa-haoma ? Or even Haomamosa ?

The odours occasionally wafted from the laboratory were exceedingly strange. Sometimes they were noxious, but more often they were aromatic, with a haunting, elusive quality which seemed to have the power of inducing fantastic images.
People who smelled them had a tendency to glimpse momentary mirages of enormous vistas, with strange hills or endless avenues of sphinxes and hippogriffs stretching off into infinite distance.
- H.P. Lovecraft

obliguhl
#67 Posted : 12/13/2010 1:11:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a very classy suggestion: "The syrian" Laughing

mattritt
#68 Posted : 12/13/2010 8:11:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Apoc wrote:
mattritt wrote:

I think you have it backwards. Aya = spirit. Huasca = vine.

Ahh, you are correct. My apologies.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

BecometheOther
#69 Posted : 12/14/2010 10:57:49 PM

metamorhpasizer

CANT WE DO A POLL? LOL
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Apoc
#70 Posted : 12/15/2010 5:40:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eluna wrote:
Presenting...

Syrian Roo!

LOL!!! Interesting, I actually find that.... thing and the surrounding pic does somewhat represent Syrian Rue, or at least one side of it. Do you have a pic for Brazilian Yage?

Apoc
#71 Posted : 12/15/2010 6:08:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why no poll? Perhaps because by this point there are so many options being presented, how to widdle them down? However, I will summarize the entire argument at this point and try to widdle them down.....

First, the whole issue exists because using the term huasca (vine) with syrian rue or mimosa is incorrect because Syrian Rue is a bush and Mimosa a root. However, it was not pointed out in the original post that using the term "aya" with rue/mimosa drinks may also be incorrect because the terms "aya" and "huasca" are terms used in South American tribes, and Syrian Rue is not South American. As a result, Fractal Enchantment has suggested the term "Haoma" because that is the traditional term used for Syrian Rue tea with any admixture, just as Ayahuasca refers to caapi tea with an admixture. Fractal makes it sound as though caapi tea mixed with a non dmt plant would still be called Ayahuasca.

Nevertheless, it is a fact of history that language changes, and terms come to be used cross culturally. Inevitably, words of a certain origin come to be used in another culture to describe something similar, or sometimes language changes cross culturally to have its own meaning. Should it be up to the people to decide whether to use the South American terms "aya" and "huasca" to describe a tea that, according to native ayahuasca drinkers, has nothing ot do with ayahuasca?

Here are some of the options.....

Ruemosa
Harmalosa
Ruestilis
Haoma
Mimosa-haoma Or even Haomamosa
Juruema
Mimosaroo
MimoSambra
Ephedra (some evidence this refers to Syrian Rue)
Ayaruemosa

It is my opinoin that Syrian Rue with Mimosa Hostilis should be called Ruemosa because it is simple, it describes both plants, and it doens't step on any cultural toes, as far as I know.

BecometheOther
#72 Posted : 12/25/2010 5:58:19 PM

metamorhpasizer

cappi alone is still called ayahuasca, as long as it contains the vine it is ayahuasca, they mix many non dmt plants with the vine.

gazal
#73 Posted : 12/25/2010 6:50:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalosa wrote:
cappi alone is still called ayahuasca, as long as it contains the vine it is ayahuasca, they mix many non dmt plants with the vine.

Smart point !
the most archaic names of Peganum preparations are: ophiousa (Pliny) and sambra , so both terms could be used for the entheogenic mistures based on rue , respecting the same ancestral ambiguity "ayahuasca" has .
But ... Ayah has also many other names ( ... uni, nixi, kaji, mado, kamarampi, pinde, undi, rambi, shori, jauma, caupuri, mariri and dozens more...) why "sambra" deserves only one, and why anyone would stick to it ?

StatuesCryBleeding
#74 Posted : 1/4/2011 1:41:54 AM

SWIM :)

I've always just called it mimosa tea. I really don't see the need for fancy Spanish or Latin names here.
Penguin <3 Panda

Orion
#75 Posted : 1/10/2011 6:24:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well... my two coppers worth...

Ayahuasca is a name for the vine and the final brew. If I'm not mistaken, ayahuasca means vine of the souls, or spirit vine. If rue and mimosa are different plants altogether, why the need to incorporate 'huasca'?
They beleive it is the vine itself which is sacred, but of course it's really the other ingredients which contain the DMT. We should respect this name and brew as it is.

I think ruemosa makes perfect sense. It's far more likely to catch on, it's meaning is immediately apparent and it's catchy.

Also pharmahuasca would mean... pharmacological vine? Ayapharma on the other hand still implies spirit, and we can continue to use the term pharma as a nickname. And it sounds awesome. Escape terra firma with ayapharma Smile
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

«PREV234