We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678
I thought you were enlightened Options

poonja
#141 Posted : 6/16/2015 12:08:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have always been attracted to simplicity. Perhaps that is why Krishnamurti's admonition to "be independent of circumstances" has always struck a chord within me.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

BongWizard
#142 Posted : 6/16/2015 12:30:02 PM

Hyperspace Cowboy

poonja wrote:
I have always been attracted to simplicity. Perhaps that is why Krishnamurti's admonition to "be independent of circumstances" has always struck a chord within me.

We are all a product of circumstance, to be independent of circumstance allows us to be infinitely self creating.
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

BundleflowerPower
#143 Posted : 7/30/2015 1:56:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BongWizard wrote:
poonja wrote:

We are all a product of circumstance, to be independent of circumstance allows us to be infinitely self creating.

Exactly, and everything is so subjective.

BundleflowerPower
#144 Posted : 7/30/2015 1:57:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

poonja wrote:

There's beauty in simplicity

Koornut
#145 Posted : 1/19/2016 8:04:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

anne halonium
#146 Posted : 1/19/2016 8:30:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

when people suggest they are " enlightened",
i say " ok now what"?

if they look at all surprised,
they are faking.
and, no point in arguing at all.

"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

brilliantlydim
#147 Posted : 1/20/2016 2:55:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The path to enlightenment may be asymptotic.

KillaNoodles
#148 Posted : 1/20/2016 5:16:22 AM

Stand Up For It

I have never met anyone who was enlightened.
I have met many who proclaimed themselves so.
I have met few who did not proclaim themselves so, yet were nearing it.
...if it even exists.
...if it is not religious myth.
Disclaimer: All posts are to be considered fictitious. Author of account-posts is "Role Playing".

Icyseeker
#149 Posted : 1/24/2019 6:58:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The thing about enlightenment is that there is many false confirmations. Many people that think that they have ended there suffering when in reality they are still on the path. That is why one must have the utmost of compassion to anyone who is claiming these things. Also one must ask themselves why they would doubt the word of the other. Would not having more enlightened beings in reality be a good thing? Do they conduct themselves in situations with infinite care and infinite gracefulness? Certain tells will be able to show the progress of the person in question. I think that the easiest way to tell if someone is enlightened is by having a conversation and looking at their flow. Do they get tired? Buddha represents the perfection in all things all while never having the need to sleep. Once you realize that your destiny is perfection the only thing left to do is strive for it.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

Grey Fox
#150 Posted : 1/24/2019 8:28:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

KillaNoodles wrote:
I have never met anyone who was enlightened.
I have met many who proclaimed themselves so.
I have met few who did not proclaim themselves so, yet were nearing it.
...if it even exists.
...if it is not religious myth.

So well put. Thumbs up
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

PsyDuckmonkey
#151 Posted : 1/25/2019 12:59:21 PM

witch

Y U NECRO OLD THREAD? Big grin

Anyway... I don't think it's a good idea to put all this mythic stuff around the concept, like not having to sleep. Gautama Buddha became enlightened after he finally turned his back on ascetism, and sought balance in life. Enlightenment is freedom from desire, and through this, freedom from reality. It's not a 'superpower'.

Anyway, the only path and progress that you should mind, and need to know anything about is your own. The only reason one might want to judge others is to determine if they would be a good addition to one's life as companions and teachers... And so far I've found that an astounding ZERO PERCENT of people who said or insinuated to be enlightened were even remotely fit to be - not a teacher, but even a friend or someone worthy to spend time talking to... so I pretty much treat it as a huge red flag these days.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

AcaciaConfusedYah
#152 Posted : 1/25/2019 1:16:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I often hear this term - Enlightenment. I've used it to describe moments of time. Like a match that is lit. The initial combustion is strong and bright. The flame begins to dim as it engulfs the material. Eventually, it either becomes too hot to be held, blown out by the wind, runs out of combustible material, or it is used to pass the flame elsewhere and then intentionally extinguished. Maybe it was a "dud" and never combusted in the first place.

The sun once was not, now it is, and at some point it won't be.

If you're talking the spiritual type of enlightenment - I know nothing about that. But, I can usually find a light-switch in a dark room. Cool (I carry a flashlight.) Laughing

ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

seagull
#153 Posted : 1/27/2019 3:27:17 PM

Hello world!

If you can, be a conciouse being. Taking responseAbility for what it is in life that it offers nothing but great succes if and only when you dedicate your soul to expand beyond what you already know, giving up on anger will only help you the person realise that there is more to life and these are the beggining stages of true self realisation. I apriciate all of you for watching over your own selves because i know that without regrets I dare to say that everyone is perfect.
Does this mean that sometimes we make mistakes , the answer is yes but forgiveness is a key factor in overcoming them.

Peace Thumbs up
You&Iverse

AikyO
#154 Posted : 1/27/2019 8:53:39 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

I knew one who was enlightened.

A real butterfly, of shifting colors and graceful movements, wandering the dream in an absence filled with balance. But he was very exhausted of it. Exhausted of all the light. So he decided to switch it all off, and then blew all the candles.

No one ever saw him again. No one remembers him.
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

AcaciaConfusedYah
#155 Posted : 1/28/2019 12:22:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AikyO wrote:
I knew one who was enlightened.

A real butterfly, of shifting colors and graceful movements, wandering the dream in an absence filled with balance. But he was very exhausted of it. Exhausted of all the light. So he decided to switch it all off, and then blew all the candles.

No one ever saw him again. No one remembers him.

Well, someone apparently remembers him. Smile

Sometimes chillin' in the shadows ain't all that bad. Last night, I had a dream that I was outside without a shirt on. In the dream, my skin became burnt from the sun, and began to blister as it turned pink and purple. In that dream, I wanted to escape the light from the sun. (But there was no shade. There was no darkness to find shelter.)

And then I woke up, and here I am. Surprised

PurgeMasterV2
#156 Posted : 2/15/2019 11:04:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its so easy for people to get into the "Automatic no" pattern. I have been struggling with this one. I think it's wise to examine why we feel the need to respond the way we do in both positive and negative situations. Are we responding to add something, to counter a point and show our own beliefs or are we doing it just to get that feeling of satisfaction of being right. When we start to look at why we respond the possibilities open up and we are able to come to terms with our own conditioned patterns. Did someone make you feel invalidated at an early stage in life and now that you can speak freely you need to regain what you missed out on? Maybe you were always told about how smart and creative you were and now there is a complex of humility. I feel The reason we are here is to learn and learning requires a stepping back from right and wrong and looking at things objectively and without bias. When we allow someones ideas to enter us free of the judgement filters we can gleam much into this persons world. Maybe instead of challenging them ask why? Why do you think this way? It can create a deep sense of compassion even if you totally disagree with the person, leaving you in a positive state to express why you believe something different.

I think enlightenment has to do with seeing things as they are, and from a human perspective doesn't make sense that its something that can be achieved. I feel that its more of a constant striving. We might be able to achieve balance and peace in ourselves but pure bliss is not truth if you cant also accept pain. There are 2 sides to every coin and 2 hands to every clap.

Love <3

PS. Im enlightened AF.

Pleased

Edit - Well then. I just watched a video of someone clapping with one hand. I guess I was wrong...

dragonrider
#157 Posted : 2/15/2019 11:48:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, i'm not enlighted. I enjoy my ego too much for that sorta thing.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#158 Posted : 2/15/2019 2:07:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Are we responding to add something, to counter a point and show our own beliefs or are we doing it just to get that feeling of satisfaction of being right. When we start to look at why we respond the possibilities open up and we are able to come to terms with our own conditioned patterns. Did someone make you feel invalidated at an early stage in life and now that you can speak freely you need to regain what you missed out on? Maybe you were always told about how smart and creative you were and now there is a complex of humility. I feel The reason we are here is to learn and learning requires a stepping back from right and wrong and looking at things objectively and without bias. When we allow someones ideas to enter us free of the judgement filters we can gleam much into this persons world. Maybe instead of challenging them ask why? Why do you think this way? It can create a deep sense of compassion even if you totally disagree with the person, leaving you in a positive state to express why you believe something different.

Very, very wise! You might have accidentally (or purposefully) "enlightened" some people.

Take Care!
ACY

«PREV678