We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hypersensitivity to cold? Options

greymatter
#1 Posted : 5/4/2010 5:11:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this weekend, a strange occurance happened to me...i decided to smoke some dmt late saturday night...i was in my house(in the desert) with my shirt off...it's hot as beelzabub's belt-buckle down here and i frequently sit in front of the fan without my shirt on....but 3 minutes into my trip a super cold breeze started blowing in the windows and at first it almost hurt and then i was shivering uncontrollably with my teeth chatterring but the colors intensified...i had to jump up and grab a blanket but it took me several minutes to stop shivering...has this ever happend to anyone else? has anybody ever heard of this...i seem to have some half forgotten memory of this being doccumented in clinical trials...or am i just tripping?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jmaxton
#2 Posted : 5/4/2010 6:09:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The cold and shivering are completely normal for me and several others I know. I usually bundle up with a blanket or hoodie if my setting is even moderately cool.

-JM

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 5/4/2010 6:32:45 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Yea, I can get chilled on the comedown. I prefer to be a lil toasty than a lil chilled when I'm smoking spice, which is the opposite of how I feel in daily life. I will also get full body shivers that have nothing to do with cold and will wrack my body for up to a minute or two while/after coming down.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

gammagore
#4 Posted : 5/4/2010 6:42:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A blanket is a must for me.

I always get cold shivers after the journey. I too get this crazy body shake/shiver before, thats when I spend a few minutes breathing.

fear.loathingSF
#5 Posted : 5/7/2010 12:09:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I always start shivering on the comedown for some reason, especially my legs. I mixed a matchhead amount of a new pull with some bud and smoked it with a pipe ( I always do a tiny does with each pull to make sure I don't have any unwanted toxic contaminants before I use a normal dose). During the peak my face always feels very hot, but on the comedown I get very cold and shiver uncontrollably. It took me about 5-10 minutes to stop shivering and in my altered state I started to think maybe some contaminant was giving me seizures Rolling eyes

greymatter
#6 Posted : 5/7/2010 1:45:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry buddy, but that doesnt sound anything like i experienced....i sugest tweeking your tec