We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT
Acacia confusa & Formosahuasca Options

Dorge
#81 Posted : 6/6/2010 11:56:13 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Yeah well its pretty unlikely that one person will have such a full on reaction and other would not. not at the leave of intensity you reported.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

mindbody
#82 Posted : 6/7/2010 2:46:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
Yeah well its pretty unlikely that one person will have such a full on reaction and other would not. not at the leave of intensity you reported.

Because we know nothing about the nature of this oral activity, one can only hypothesize how much it depends on variations in body chemistry and root bark composition. I would really like to have this possibility of inducing a full-blown trip with pure acacia bark taken orally confirmed (or questioned) by direct experience coming from someone other than myself. (If you're well-acquainted with smoked DMT, I expect the trip to be less scary to you than it was to me.)

Also, with this smaller dose that you've taken, was there anything specifically DMT-like about the effect? (I am not experienced with any other DMT-based preparations, so I can only compare these acacia trips to other psychedelics.)

Dorge
#83 Posted : 6/11/2010 5:45:14 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

it was light, very DMT sub threshold. but present. a larger amount will be needed next time.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

mindbody
#84 Posted : 6/11/2010 6:27:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
it was light, very DMT sub threshold. but present. a larger amount will be needed next time.

Yes, please let us know whether you've succeeded as soon as you've tried.

Dorge
#85 Posted : 6/11/2010 6:34:20 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

for sure!

Dorge
#86 Posted : 6/13/2010 3:18:29 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

This is interesting...
it is used in dyeing...
http://translate.google....-US:official%26prmd%3Div

Dorge
#87 Posted : 6/19/2010 7:08:23 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

FYI the root bark from psychoactive herbs was actually stem bark...

mindbody
#88 Posted : 6/19/2010 6:59:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
FYI the root bark from psychoactive herbs was actually stem bark...

Yes, I've noticed your post about that in another thread. Just to confirm, what I've used is really root bark.

Dorge
#89 Posted : 6/20/2010 7:22:19 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

SWIM figured it was root bark. The stem bark has very slight yields...

mindbody
#90 Posted : 6/21/2010 4:53:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:

Still, you reported subjective psychoactivity from it. Placebo?

I would consider sending you a small sample of my root bark, if you promise to bioassay it and report here.

The sales page at psychoactive herbs is strongly suggestive of root bark (though a little ambiguous). This does not reveal them as the most responsible vendor.

Dorge
#91 Posted : 6/27/2010 6:56:34 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

mindbody wrote:
Dorge wrote:

Still, you reported subjective psychoactivity from it. Placebo?

I would consider sending you a small sample of my root bark, if you promise to bioassay it and report here.

The sales page at psychoactive herbs is strongly suggestive of root bark (though a little ambiguous). This does not reveal them as the most responsible vendor.

possibly placebo... really light buzz more then any thing... which could have been self created.

Oh yeah I would promise alright!

As it is now swim has a sample from young trees from hawaii.

It sure does not look like the stem bark I got, and it does not have that spice smell. Swim has stripped the root bark off of it, and am extracting that. Next SWIM will shave the roots and extract those separately. Just to see if there is any difference. The similarity between the stem and root, if this is acacia confusa is that it has the same wine colored effect when added to a base. A most lovely color.
These where also from young trees and it was not mature thick root bark or roots. This may have an impact, it may not, we shall see.

mindbody
#92 Posted : 6/28/2010 5:30:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
As it is now swim has a sample from young trees from hawaii.

Well, let's see first what your bioassays yield for this one.

Dorge wrote:
The similarity between the stem and root, if this is acacia confusa is that it has the same wine colored effect when added to a base.

The bark itself has a rather bright orange hue, and unbasified preparations are also brown-orange.

Dorge wrote:
These where also from young trees and it was not mature thick root bark or roots. This may have an impact, it may not, we shall see.

My roots were not too thick either. The biggest one was a bit thicker than my thumb, most were thinner than that.

polytrip
#93 Posted : 6/28/2010 10:23:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Is there a noticeable difference in the quality of your experiences between acacia confusa and let's say mimosa or psychotria experiences?
Are there many physical side-effects or is it a very clean experience?
It's said to have a slightly different alkaloid profile than mimosa.

mindbody
#94 Posted : 6/29/2010 4:58:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Is there a noticeable difference in the quality of your experiences between acacia confusa and let's say mimosa or psychotria experiences?
Are there many physical side-effects or is it a very clean experience?
It's said to have a slightly different alkaloid profile than mimosa.

As I said, when I still lived in Europe, I brewed ayahuasca 3-4 times with caapi, chacruna and mimosa purchased from Holland, but I have never been able to obtain full-blown trips from those brews. That's why I really cannot compare these acacia trips to anything (the closest would be psilocybin mushrooms, but acacia is much more radical, less warm, less euphoric and more difficult to control). And that's why I am very eager to have other people experienced with DMT try it and comment on the effects!

In the visionary phase, it is very difficult to separate physical side-effects form alterations in perception. I was taking the brew alone, and did not have anyone to assess my physical well-being independently. The motor control was greatly impaired at the peak of larger doses. Breathing could feel very strange (but I wouldn't call it a difficulty in breathing: more like acute awareness that I should remember to breathe). The exit was very clean, and I did not observe any physical after-effects, though I could feel emotionally exhausted the next day.

The visionary phase itself is very powerful, with a completely uncontrollable flood of rainbow-ey "electronic" imagery, hearing myriads of voices, occasional spontaneous body movements, mind dissolution, etc. It is exuberant, but also rather scary and less meaningful to me than the visions I've experienced with other psychedelics.

At the level of words, all I am saying is very much in line with descriptions of DMT effects. Beyond that, I have no grounds for speculation. The only other significant alkaloid reported in the root bark is NMT, which is claimed to be non-psychoactive by itself, but may be psychoactive in combinations.

mindbody
#95 Posted : 8/20/2010 4:10:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A little update to my Acacia confusa story.

I recently spent a few days in Hong Kong and, not surprisingly, came over these trees gracing construction sites in abundance. So I've collected some seeds and am now trying to sprout them. A photo of a twig, a flower and seed-pods is attached to this post.

I've also found 2 interesting reports, probably related to Acacia confusa, posted a while ago. They are very anecdotal in nature, but still good to keep in mind:
http://www.shaman-austra...ndex.php?showtopic=10967
http://www.shroomery.org...ough-the-electric-jungle
mindbody attached the following image(s):
IMG_3052.JPG (83kb) downloaded 366 time(s).

exactlydivyn
#96 Posted : 9/20/2010 7:10:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been off the internet for a while. I just caught up with the posts. Very excited about all the interest in Taiwan's acacia. I have a very very deep respect for this tree, and its healing properties. I thought I'd share some more of my experiences on this forum.
I have found that our supplier carries tree bark, not root bark. I go by intuition on my dosages, how long to cook it, etc. It seems if we have made a batch too strong, our body will throw it up quickly, and nothing will happen.
Presently, this is how we do it.
Big handful of tree bark per 2 doses (about 40 grams). Cook it with 1 squeezed lemon per 2 dose on a low simmer for 6 to 8 hours. add water if necessary. Cook down to about 200cc per dose. Looks like chocolate milk when finished, although doesn't taste as sweet!Laughing
Grind serian rue seeds and put it into gel caplets (they say #1 ~ 100 grain med size?). Take 10, wait 40 minutes or so, take another 5, wait 10 ~15 minutes, drink brew.
It is best to cleans your body as much as possible before drinking. A lot of raw fruit and veggies a few days before, and fast the day you drink. Helps immensely to keep the brew down, which is key to traveling to the spirit world. If your too plogged up with shit, the AYA won't let you in. Seems like you gotta be light to travel there.
we lie down after drinking in a quiet place, and go into a meditative state, basically, try to go to sleep. I've actually fallen asleep once before it kicked in, and it was one of the most powerful experiences I have had. For starting users, I recommend being alone in your own bed, clean, candles, open sacred space beforehand (I'll write more about this new topic).
Basically, thought is the barrier that keeps you out. If your mind is too busy, you will lay there having a lot of insights into your life, which is helpful, but you will not be able to break into the other dimensions.
I like to drink 100cc, wait about 40 minutes to see its effects, and then drink another 100cc (full mouthful), especially if I have puked in the meantime. The second glass is really hard, but worth it.
I'm going to post some of my experiences in a new topic under DMT Experiences, as well as my experiences with the Iboga Root Extract.
I don't use email or facebook anymore, so just reply to these messages if you have any questions, and I'll check in often.
Enjoy your Travels,
zac

exactlydivyn
#97 Posted : 9/20/2010 9:22:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i feel I should clarify on starting users doing it alone.
first, the recipe I gave is a powerful full dose for a relatively clean, more spiritually evolved person. The effects may depend upon the position of the stars or what month it is, for all I know. all i know is that good experiences, bad experiences, and non-experiences all have beneficial results.
Unlike traditional aya ceremonies in South America, I have found that doing it alone, in silence, will let me go deeper into the experience. Going deep calls for a full "let go", and its very difficult to do that with others present. Like taking off all of your clothes in the Mall. Music, or any noise from this dimension tends to keep me here, when I wanna go There.
The hellacious part of the experience at the beginning, ego-death, confusion, loss of control, insanity~ these are seem to be repressed heavy energies that are being purged OUT OF US before we can enter lighter dimensions. It feels as if they are a bubble of demon energy, a wall that must be passed through, like gatekeepers to the infinite. the times that I have surrendered fearlessly to this energy, drank a few gulps more, lay down on the bathroom floor naked not caring if I lived or died, opened completely. I then experienced my infinite Self. It has happened to me four times.
Even now, after so many experiences, I Fear going back there. I fear the process of getting there. But I know each time that I do, I remember more of who I am, as if I am awakening from amnesia. The benificial effects after each of these experiences are indescribable. You MUST experience it to Know.

Z

mindbody
#98 Posted : 9/28/2010 3:11:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much for posting here, exactlydivyn! I doubt there are many people who have as much experience as you with this plant!

On my part, I would recommend being careful with doses. In my experience, 1 tablespoon of ground root bark in combination with the rue can produce overwhelming journeys (and I am generally not easily scared when it comes to psychedelics). Relying on the vomiting reflex may not always work.

More news:

Acacia confusa in Xiamen: I haven't got a chance to return to Taiwan since April, but I am currently in Xiamen, a lovely and well-developed Chinese city right across the straight from Taiwan. Not surprisingly, Acacia confusa trees are seen here in abundance, including a park in the southern part of Xiamen, which is basically a group of hills overgrown with A. confusa forest, with the ground littered by millions of A. confusa seeds. There is also a large population on the historical car-free Gulang island. The trees look quite spectacular from a distance, as the spiky foliage gives them a robe of emerald fur.

Seed give-away: In Xiamen, I've collected a rather large number of seeds, and I am willing to give them away to a few interested people (say, 10 seeds per person). PM me if you are interested. (However, I cannot guarantee anything about germination rates, or even the identity of the tree, since I am not a professional botanist, though I am personally pretty confident that my identification is correct.)

Acacia vs. chaliponga: On another note, I've recently succeeded brewing chaliponga/rue based ayahuasca, and the experience was quite distinct from acacia: less visual, and much more warm/euphoric/friendly. The dose of chaliponga was small (around 5g), and I intend to experiment further, but my impression for the moment is that the sense of anxiety that often accompanies my acacia journeys must have some origin in the chemical make-up of the plant material. Still, acacia is very powerful and I believe it should be studied further with due care...

exactlydivyn
#99 Posted : 10/6/2010 3:27:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for having me here. this is a Beatiful Website. Great respect for all the knowledge of the people that post here.
I've had a lot of experience with this specific plant, but don't know much about chemical coumpound. I learned from this thread that there is another chemical in acacia...was it MNT or something? Is this what causes the hell parts of the trips?
Does anybody know what the effects of this other chemical are?
Really happy you guys are getting interested in this.
Need more experience with dosage. I don't have an optimal dosage yet.
I'm working with bark, not rootbark, and its as powerful as I dare make it now. I'll get rootbark next, try it, and see if i can help get an ideal recipe. Thanks for the advice, Mindbody.
When you described it as a robe of emerald fur, it sounds like you nailed the hammer on its head. Wonderful way of describing her. The leaves are thin, the size of our pinkie, the veins go from bottom to top, like feather trees.
z

mindbody
#100 Posted : 10/7/2010 2:27:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

exactlydivyn wrote:
I learned from this thread that there is another chemical in acacia...was it NMT or something? Is this what causes the hell parts of the trips?

Wikipedia only says that NMT is not orally active by itself (not surprising, since neither is DMT), and its action in combination with MAOI is unknown:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-Methyltryptamine

exactlydivyn wrote:
When you described it as a robe of emerald fur

That came to me very naturally in Xiamen. Some of the trees in a park looked much "fluffier" than all the others, from a distance. I thought they could be A. confusa, because of the elongated foliage, and that's what they've turned out to be upon closer examination!

«PREV34567NEXT