We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
VG vs GVG? Options

Bill Cipher
#41 Posted : 6/2/2010 12:57:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The wooden ones work great. But the glass ones are MAGIC. There is definitely a discernable difference.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Madcap
#42 Posted : 6/2/2010 1:17:50 AM

illudium Q-36

You did alright... The VG got its great reputation with the very item on its way to you. The glass model is just an upgrade. You should have no problem with what you bought. They work the same as far as getting spice vaporized and into your brain. And you can drop it with no worries....so its a great "traveler"

The glass unit is superior for at home spice...either straight freebase or changa. You can clean it easier and recapture and goodies that get stuck inside. Plus, you can watch the magic happen.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

apostle11
#43 Posted : 6/2/2010 2:33:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just got a VG about a week ago now... I am having a hard time breaking through on it. I've loaded larger amounts into the VG and am still having harder time than with my water bong. It is a slower process as oppose to off of the bong with changa and I think it is the process that really is distracting from the experience as well. It is taking like 5-6ish hits to get where I go in 2 off bong... Maybe it is just me though as most seem to like it..It also could be that I am also new with the thing and new to vaporization in general.. I have vaped about 20 bowls of weed and have to say that I prefer it now for mj instead of smoking but as for right now I am probably going to use the bong for any changa.
Pursue Perspective

ImpressiveAlexander
#44 Posted : 6/2/2010 7:18:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i'm Sweet! thanks guys. When I'm a more experienced "traveler" then I'll most likely upgrade to the Top Shelf stuff ; ) I'm just happy I got good quality item coming my way.
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened." -Douglas Noel Adams

The Traveler
#45 Posted : 6/2/2010 10:04:45 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

It has already been discussed here: VG vs GVG!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

kyrolima
#46 Posted : 8/14/2010 1:37:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

+1 Glass VG for me
Very happy
I had a little issue with this company, they delivered normal VG's instead of carved ones.
I spoke to them, and now I hope they give me the Glass Version for free!

If they do this I LOVE THEM!!!

Everybody will have a Glass Vaporgenie soon !!! That's for sure

hahahahaha i ADVERTISE THEM so hard, they will run out of stock ;D
elusive illusion

clouds
#47 Posted : 8/14/2010 1:51:46 AM

Human

and what about the aluminium vaporgenie? Smile

kyrolima
#48 Posted : 8/14/2010 3:27:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

clouds wrote:
and what about the aluminium vaporgenie? Smile

Aluminium Vaporgenie is not better than the wooden one - a friend of mine has the aluminium bat. It works, BUT it gets hot and isn't very comfortable.
elusive illusion

Astralking
#49 Posted : 9/8/2010 4:48:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Title says it all Smile My income has started flooowwwing in again and the purchasing season is about too start! woo Smile
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Madcap
#50 Posted : 9/8/2010 4:58:37 PM

illudium Q-36

1. easy to clean...just run a little solvent through it... evapp that solvent for recovered goodies.
2. looks cool.. you can see through it untill it gets so covered with little circular crystal patterns..then see point number 1
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

gammagore
#51 Posted : 9/8/2010 5:35:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3. one can see when the goodies start to vape.

Eden
#52 Posted : 9/8/2010 5:44:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

4. Glass is glass. The day you buy the VG is the day you start saving up for the GVG.

endlessness
#53 Posted : 9/8/2010 6:03:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I moved this old VG vs GVG thread out of the nursery, and merged the new vg vs gvg thread with it.. If you guys look back first page, I posted some advantages and disadvantages of both.. Others also gave their opinions regarding it.

By the way, do remember that for vaporgenie questions, we have an official thread for the VG

There in the first post as you can see there is a link to the VG vs GVG thread

Hope it helps Smile

lorax
#54 Posted : 9/9/2010 2:04:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the glass one is the best.. i approve! i've tried them all got 5 of them.. different ones for different things.. also got 2 glass ones.. one for weed one for spice and other stuff to be vaporized.. i'd recommend the glass one.. its good to have a wooden one for when you're on the road tho.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

zubidlo
#55 Posted : 9/9/2010 4:31:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GVG is better than VG, for obvious reason, that user can see through it (loves to watch vapor circling around in cooling chamber), therefore he has better control over dosing. And it is nicer than VG, better design (makes him to keep it clean)

I vap. nicotine with it, believing it is healthier way of administrating the drug. (No more cigarette sucking for meSmile ) And it's great for free base anything too.

By the way I don't get stoned, so I brought GVG to THC 'veterans' for testing. They called it 'expensive glass stupidity' before they tried it. After experiencing dense THC vapor (gunja) for first time, they started to call it 'The Genie' Very happy and agreed that it is most efficient way to do THC. We finished test by trying to smoke gunja leftovers from vaping and it tasted like to smoke field grass. No goodies left in plant material. After test I've hit them with 'Changa from The Genie' with was definitely peak of that evening Wink

Regards,
'Life is an illusion designed to keep your mind occupied while you are digested by God.'

RayOfLight
#56 Posted : 6/9/2011 9:34:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I fumbled the top piece of my GVG .It shattered on impact so ordered another top for 40 bucks, then I lost my pipe with top on the beach so I ordered another pipe.

dropped the top for my new one on the tile in my living room and it broke again.

Now I just use the rest of the GVG without the top to smoke hash ( It works great ) untill I finally come to terms with the fact I need to order another top.

Thats my sad pipe story Sad
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

kendo
#57 Posted : 10/1/2011 6:57:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone know a UK supplier of Glass Vapourgenie's ?
I hear stories of folk paying customs tax on them bought from the states
WARNING: This Kendo character is a massive dreamer and all posts to be be taken as works of pure fiction

Shaolin
#58 Posted : 10/1/2011 9:13:28 PM

Stiletto Stoner

kendo wrote:

Stories are real made Laughing

tomtomtom wrote:
Hi guys,

So I finally received my GVG all the way to the UK. It arrived about 30mins ago and I already tested it. It took 2 weeks to arrive and the total cost was around £132/$211. Below is the exact info to help any Brits who maybe considering buying one. Go for it you simply cant regret it.

GVG and postage £80/$128
customs charges £27/$43.

I got this highly recommended lighter, witch is amazing. http://www.turboflame.co.uk/arc.php £25/$40

GVG can only be bought at their website since it's handmade.

"These pipes are not available for wholesale, so you will not find them anywhere except here on our website.

The Glass VaporGenie is handmade by Guy Thomas of Hi-Guy Glass in Vancouver, Canada. Thank you, Guy, for creating a clever, functional and attractive glass VaporGenie"

http://www.vaporgenie.com/Glass.html
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

tele
#59 Posted : 10/1/2011 9:14:05 PM
Explorer

kendo wrote:

It's worth the tax and shipping charges... Totally

Rayoflight: You might want to get the wooden genie then... Personally the glass pipe is too delicate to take outside. I would definately get a wooden one for that purpose.

Purges
#60 Posted : 10/7/2011 12:56:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I only have experience with the glass version, but it is insanely efficient at delivering a hit - I would regularly hit 25 mgs in my bong, but even 15 mgs has surpassed those effects in the GVG.

Its also very nice to smoke bud. Top piece of kit and totally worth the cash. I have even considered selling my other glassware, but think I'll keep hold of them Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

PREV1234NEXT