We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
VG vs GVG? Options

gammagore
#21 Posted : 2/27/2010 5:27:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive never burned anything in my GVG, straight xtals vape so nicely. As soon as I start to pull through it, the smoke comes along. But I hardly ever use xtals, Changa is the only way for meSmile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

antrocles
#22 Posted : 2/27/2010 5:40:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

changa is king. pure and simple. even if it's just a plain bed of caapi leaf....it's just better when it's changa-fied!

...and no, never a burn. the torch is easier to modulate than a bic flame. you will find the "sweet spot" for vaping almost immediately. say bye-bye to burnt spice and hello to infinite bliss! Very happy

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

gammagore
#23 Posted : 2/27/2010 5:42:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I read that using them bic lighter with the VG is not so good, appently the flint has some negative effects.

lonewolf123
#24 Posted : 2/27/2010 5:58:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Convinced! Changa and torch both on the way Smile

BananaForeskin
#25 Posted : 4/22/2010 9:36:44 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Everyone always mentions the GVG as being the penultimate spicing tool, but are there any major issues with using the regular VG instead? $100 is a lot, and although it's probably worth it I'm just wondering if the regular VG is that much worse. Specifically for smoking DMT- hang the rest.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Big Inhale
#26 Posted : 4/22/2010 9:51:28 PM

The Enlightend One

I have a wooden VG works great for weed never used it for d. The glass is probably better simply because you can see the vapor. Also you need a torch lighter I was using a regular Bic but it felt like I was sucking on butane which sucked
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

SnozzleBerry
#27 Posted : 4/22/2010 9:52:09 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I'd say it's the ultimate and not the penultimate, as I have yet to encounter anything better. Mebbe glass = ultimate, regular = penultimate? I dunno. Anyways, I've never used a non-glass one but they supposedly have a smaller bowl but are essentially the same as far as smoking experience. If the regular is $70 or whatever, is the extra 30 that much of a stretch? If it is, I wouldn't worry about it and just get the regular one, but if there's nothing stopping you aside from sticker shock, I definitely think the glass one is worth it. I will never be using anything aside from my gvg to smoke spice (not counting changa joints) as there's just no need. One of my spice-loving friends has used it once and couldn't believe it. His exact words were "I will never smoke out of anything else, it makes no sense. Can you even call that the same experience? It may as well be a completely different drug just on the ease of inhalation and the manner in which it hits you."
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

The Traveler
#28 Posted : 4/22/2010 10:57:33 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I have both a classic as well as the glass one.

The classic is already great, you have to learn how to use it but when you get it, it gets you too. Pleased

I got my glass one a few months after I got the classic one, so I already knew how to smoke. When I tried the glass one for he first time I was only concentrating on the heating part while I suddenly noticed I got myself a really large lung full of vapor, due to my astonishment I coughed it out and blanketed my big room with vapor. Rolling eyes

So yes, I think the glass one is better as the classic one by a noticeable margin (I've even got a second GVG as spare now). If you can afford it I would advice you to get the GVG, else the classic VG is still a GREAT tool.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

MooshyPeaches
#29 Posted : 4/22/2010 11:25:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have the wooden VG and its absolutely amazing with DMT. Takes a bit of practice to master it, but once you do its perfect for reaching hyperspace

Bill Cipher
#30 Posted : 4/22/2010 11:32:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got both - and as awesome as the wooden ones are, glass is THE way to go. The bowl is bigger (big enough to stuff in a wad of copper scrubber), you can see what you're doing so there's no guess work involved, and it hits just as smooooove as silk.

BananaForeskin
#31 Posted : 4/22/2010 11:33:39 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Thanks, all! In response to Snozzleberry, it's not a $30 stretch, it's a $50 stretch- the GVG costs twice as much as the classic one, at least last time I looked.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

SnozzleBerry
#32 Posted : 4/22/2010 11:41:07 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

BananaForeskin wrote:
Thanks, all! In response to Snozzleberry, it's not a $30 stretch, it's a $50 stretch- the GVG costs twice as much as the classic one, at least last time I looked.

Forgive me, I just realized I have never looked at the classic VG, only the glass and handcarved VGs and the handcarved VG is ~30 less. Sorry for the confusion. Long story short, if you;ve got the money go glass. Otherwise get whatever fits your price restrictions.

peace
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

DMTripper
#33 Posted : 4/23/2010 3:21:23 AM

John Murdoch IV

And the GVG looks so much sexier Smile

Don't have one but I'm definitely getting one soon Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

clouds
#34 Posted : 5/21/2010 2:52:06 AM

Human

I'm now planning on buying the GVG even before my first extraction. Smile
Seems like it would be a very nice way to go when smoking spice for the first time.

joebono
#35 Posted : 5/21/2010 3:15:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From their website, the Vapor Genie people say that the glass ones requires a signature confirmation for shipping. That's an inconvenience because I'll wind up having to go to the post office to pick it up if I'm not home. Did everyone have to sign for it for mail orders or did you buy it from somewhere else?

The Traveler
#36 Posted : 5/21/2010 11:58:29 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

clouds wrote:
I'm now planning on buying the GVG even before my first extraction. Smile
Seems like it would be a very nice way to go when smoking spice for the first time.

I think you can really appreciate the GVG, you can even practice with it a before you go the DMT route. Just try some herbs to see how they evap.

joebono wrote:
From their website, the Vapor Genie people say that the glass ones requires a signature confirmation for shipping. That's an inconvenience because I'll wind up having to go to the post office to pick it up if I'm not home. Did everyone have to sign for it for mail orders or did you buy it from somewhere else?

I had to get mine from the post office because of the signature confirmation.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

drseuss
#37 Posted : 5/21/2010 1:35:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:

I think you can really appreciate the GVG, you can even practice with it a before you go the DMT route. Just try some herbs to see how they evap.

The Traveler

I heard that it wasn't good to use a GVG with herb. Tho I've been wanting to get one just to try it lol
I like to lie a lot. Don't believe anything I say in my posts.

SWIM(Someone Who Isn't Me) - A fictional character from another world. I get all of my information from him, and all of my information is for educational purposes only. I do not engage in any illegal activities and I do not recommend trying anything illegal to anyone.

rOm
#38 Posted : 5/21/2010 2:01:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GVG vape sooo smooth, but I haven't try the regular one, soI can't tell the difference I'm just liking much more the convenience of glass pipes in general.
Go for it if you can afford it !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

ImpressiveAlexander
#39 Posted : 6/2/2010 12:13:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I bought a Vapor Genie the other day and it's on its way. I noticed in the "smoking" section on the forum, a lot of people talking about using glass genies. I ordered a wooden one. Is there that much of a difference? Will the wood one still work? and does it come with a screen or do I have to get a copper mesh screen myself, if so where can I obtain one? Thanks in advance. Very happy
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened." -Douglas Noel Adams

PureMan
#40 Posted : 6/2/2010 12:44:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All SWIM has at the moment is a standard wooden VG. From his experience it works great.. the only downside is that you can't see the vapor.

It might come with a screen.. I'm not too sure. If not, you can buy them in a head shop or you can take them out of your sink faucet. Smile

PREV1234NEXT