We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV456
My Angry Rant Du Jour Options

FiorSirtheoir
#101 Posted : 3/29/2011 3:37:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
FiorSirtheoir wrote:
I personally think this thread is a waste of time. This forum is full of mature, responsible people, with lots of good advice, if someone is looking for advice, we have; I have the option of giving it or not. I don't trust the Western medical industry, that has been my experience.

Western medical industry may not always be the best option. But in real serious cases it often is.
When somebody has a realy serious life-threatening condition like cancer or schizophenia (wich is life-threatening in a different way, but still), then i totally agree that the med's are nasty...but there is no serious alternative.

Don't come with claims that some shamanistic ritual can cure cancer. That's just bullshit.

The grass is always greener where you can't see it.

Western medicine is great for trauma treatment, and I suppose that psychological trauma can fall into a similar category with physical trauma. I am just suspect of it and have great reservation. I personally wouldn't go to a western doctor unless, I was shot or maimed, and have already given specific instruction to family for such cases.
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

FiorSirtheoir
#102 Posted : 3/29/2011 4:03:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IS it a confirmed fact that this Vlad guy, followed Nietzsche?
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

clouds
#103 Posted : 3/29/2011 4:03:39 PM

Human

Uncle Knucles wrote:
clouds - What can I say to that, really? Your attitude is about as cold and callous as it could possibly be. Attention seeker? What do I know? He didn't strike me that way. He seemed weird and confused and 100% out of touch with reality. I'd prefer you be right, and the whole thing a hoax - but again, it didn't seem like one. Either way, you're a classy dude to dismiss it all so handily.

Vlad's alleged psychotic diagnosis and the way he presented his information (both in form and substance), the way he quoted and responded to the members and his attitude in general is not that of a psychotic patient. Even if someone would attempt to use the DSM-IV criteria to diagnose Vlad with the information available on his posts, it still doesn't add up even for schizophrenia subtypes. Someone could argue that most patients with paranoid schizophrenia do not present disorganized speech, but they would be forgetting that they do not seek advice from anyone but rather give it to others.

And again, I repeat... even if we know the symptoms and criteria for diagnosis, we cannot respond to random Internet people like we do.

The Traveler
#104 Posted : 3/29/2011 4:43:54 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Because of the vlad thread and this one we made a new policy on the DMT-Nexus: Medical emergency: what do to?

I would advice all involved in this discussion to read that well. With this new policy I will also close this thread.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

«PREV456