CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
No more Conspiracy Theory topics on the DMT-Nexus! Options
 
endlessness
#21 Posted : 4/7/2010 11:00:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator

Posts: 13879
Joined: 19-Feb-2008
Last visit: 12-May-2021
Location: Jungle
Correct me if im wrong, but I dont think The Traveler is saying that we cannot absolutely talk about things that are related to our key subjects here, when there are productive discussions to be had (so for example the subject of pharmaceutical industry can come up at some point or another), specially when there's any tangible information/facts to debate... What is unwanted, and thats why Traveler is making clear, is all these 'same-old' conspiracy stories with too many claims and too little evidence, that get boring quick and go nowhere except riling up strong emotions and killing the nice atmosphere we have here
 

Trippy glass for trippy people.
 
ThirdEyeVision
#22 Posted : 4/7/2010 11:04:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 545
Joined: 28-Aug-2009
Last visit: 05-Apr-2013
Location: Alfheim
endlessness wrote:
Correct me if im wrong, but I dont think The Traveler is saying that we cannot absolutely talk about things that are related to our key subjects here, when there are productive discussions to be had (so for example the subject of pharmaceutical industry can come up at some point or another), specially when there's any tangible information/facts to debate... What is unwanted, and thats why Traveler is making clear, is all these 'same-old' conspiracy stories with too many claims and too little evidence, that get boring quick and go nowhere except riling up strong emotions and killing the nice atmosphere we have here


My thoughts exactly.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight
 
Saidin
#23 Posted : 4/8/2010 12:08:40 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Posts: 1320
Joined: 30-Jan-2008
Last visit: 03-Sep-2020
Location: In between my thoughts
Censorship is bad....mmmmkay?

Which is better? To disclipine some members who cannot play nice on an internet forum? Or restrict the free flow of ideas?

If these topics come up in the appropiate sub-forum and spark debate so be it. If members cannot discuss these topics without working themselves into a lather, then they should avoid those topics.

Part of the reason I love this community is the openness and free flow of ideas. Some great, some not so great, but a great plethora of knowledge that has helped me grow in many many ways.

The idea that a topic, any topic is taboo here...just doesn't sit right with me.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.
 
benzyme
#24 Posted : 4/8/2010 1:17:45 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Posts: 7274
Joined: 21-May-2008
Last visit: 12-May-2021
Location: the lab
this is a warm community, and we wish to keep it as such.
there are a lot of trolls out there, who don't care as much about this molecule as we do, and bring negative vibes to the board.

you think we want some fools to sink our ship?

boards come and go, but dedicated ones thrive.


*edit* I gotta admit...i can entertain a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but the nexus is no place to rant about topics that may be monitored. ( '_' )

the real thought police don't run this site.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck
 
DMTripper
#25 Posted : 4/8/2010 1:31:50 AM

John Murdoch IV


Posts: 2037
Joined: 18-Jan-2008
Last visit: 30-Aug-2020
Location: Changes from time to time.
Yes I find it a bit extreme to ban all discussions about conspiracies. They do happen and are and have always been part of society. Those who do not like these topics should just stay out of those threads.
But I wont miss any discussion about conspiracies. That's for sure. I don't like debates that just go for ever and everyone just wants to force others to believe what they believe.

––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

 
ThirdEyeVision
#26 Posted : 4/8/2010 3:02:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 545
Joined: 28-Aug-2009
Last visit: 05-Apr-2013
Location: Alfheim
We get bombarded with everyone ideas of "truth" everyday. Everyone has an opposing idea yet they are all "the real truth". This is our rabbit hole to escape the politics around us and discuss what we ALL believe in, our plant teachers. I am a member of many forums for many different topics, I wouldn't try to ask someone here a financial question. Why not keep the topics where they belong? The subject of CT has a tendency to change the vibe of entire forum negative, not just that thread. There are entire forums dedicated to it why go to a entho forum and talk about it? For instance, the zeitgeist thread was started by a person who appeared to join simply to preach their idea of "truth".

Censorship? Not at all. You can post about CT all you want on a CT forum and be greeted by like minded people. We are here out love of our plant teachers and each other. Leave the negativity in your day to day life. Once you enter the Nexus we are all family.

ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight
 
The Traveler
#27 Posted : 4/8/2010 12:46:35 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Posts: 7163
Joined: 18-Jan-2007
Last visit: 10-May-2021
Location: Orion Spur
endlessness wrote:
Correct me if im wrong, but I dont think The Traveler is saying that we cannot absolutely talk about things that are related to our key subjects here, when there are productive discussions to be had (so for example the subject of pharmaceutical industry can come up at some point or another), specially when there's any tangible information/facts to debate... What is unwanted, and thats why Traveler is making clear, is all these 'same-old' conspiracy stories with too many claims and too little evidence, that get boring quick and go nowhere except riling up strong emotions and killing the nice atmosphere we have here

^ Thats the whole idea indeed.


Saidin wrote:
Censorship is bad....mmmmkay?

Which is better? To disclipine some members who cannot play nice on an internet forum? Or restrict the free flow of ideas?

I love the free flow of ideas, and if there is a good debate where people back up their claims with actual data instead of Youtube movies and vague statistics from disputable sites then it would agree that we can allow them. Unfortunately what we see now is that both sides are digging in and start a trench war. Of course I can suspend all people involved over and over again but by then the nice atmosphere we have is already tainted, also as a results of the suspensions we will see debates starting about the suspensions and why that was the right thing to do or not.Rolling eyes


Kind regards,

The Traveler
 
obliguhl
#28 Posted : 4/8/2010 12:58:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 4733
Joined: 30-May-2008
Last visit: 13-Jan-2019
Location: inside moon caverns
I feel that the whole point is, that we don't drift into dogmatic "Truth" thinking. While there are surely similarities, each and every psychedelic journey is part of a personal journey and should teach us, that you can't and shouldn't even try to force opinions down the throat of fellow nexians.

I see no problem with discussing non-mainstream perspectives on certain issues though.
 
Saidin
#29 Posted : 4/8/2010 5:56:12 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Posts: 1320
Joined: 30-Jan-2008
Last visit: 03-Sep-2020
Location: In between my thoughts
ThirdEyeVision wrote:
We get bombarded with everyone ideas of "truth" everyday. Everyone has an opposing idea yet they are all "the real truth". This is our rabbit hole to escape the politics around us and discuss what we ALL believe in, our plant teachers...For instance, the zeitgeist thread was started by a person who appeared to join simply to preach their idea of "truth".

Censorship? Not at all. You can post about CT all you want on a CT forum and be greeted by like minded people. We are here out love of our plant teachers and each other. Leave the negativity in your day to day life. Once you enter the Nexus we are all family.


cen·sor·ship
–noun
To remove or suppress what is considered objectionable.

This is your own personal use for the site, it does not follow that everyone uses this site to hide away from the world around them. If you use it only for connection to the plant teachers, there is no reason for you to go into sub-forums such as the Hyperspace Tavern (the appropiate, free-for-all forum), and thus not be exposed to these topics which degrade your own personal experience of the site.

I personally like these topics, and am interested to hear peoples opinions about them from this community. There are many smart, thoughtful people here who bring a different perspective to any topic which always causes me to think and re-evaluate my own personal opinions and thought processes. In turn I grow.

I agree with your assesment of the Zietgiest thread, it did appear in that case both in the tone and presentation of the thread was preachy, and that can only lead to two entrenched sides incapable of finding common ground. Those threads are useless and can easily lead to the problems the admins are afraid of.

The Traveler wrote:
I love the free flow of ideas, and if there is a good debate where people back up their claims with actual data instead of Youtube movies and vague statistics from disputable sites then it would agree that we can allow them. Unfortunately what we see now is that both sides are digging in and start a trench war. Of course I can suspend all people involved over and over again but by then the nice atmosphere we have is already tainted, also as a results of the suspensions we will see debates starting about the suspensions and why that was the right thing to do or not.Rolling eyes


Fair enough....but for the grace of The Traveler go I. Tis your site and you have to do what you think is best to maintain the community. Perhaps the locking of those threads with a specific warning, rather than a straight deletion? I dunno, I just dislike seeing peoples thoughts and ideas disappear forever back to the ether from whence they came.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.
 
Spock's Brain
#30 Posted : 4/11/2010 6:07:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 367
Joined: 22-Mar-2008
Last visit: 17-Dec-2020
Location: immersed in a Star Trek episode marathon
It looks like The Traveler has been co-opted by the dark minions of the new world order. Sad

"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."
 
Dorge
#31 Posted : 4/11/2010 7:14:33 PM

Chen Cho Dorge


Posts: 1781
Joined: 30-Dec-2008
Last visit: 25-Nov-2012
The Traveler wrote:
Hi all,

Lately I've seen a rise of so called Consiracy Theories (CT) on the DMT-Nexus, with the Zeitgeist topic as the latest one.

From now on these topics will be removed if I see them!

I will remove them for these reasons:
* In the end, they only have a negative impact, many parts of a CT can never be proven or disproven resulting in people getting angry at each other because of some statements in a movie. Rolling eyes
* It attracts the wrong kind of people to this forum. These so called 'truthers', who behave like Jehovas, roam the internet for CT topics to tell other people 'The Truth'. These people are not welcome here.
* This website is about DMT and other entheogens, NOT about things like 9/11, Big Pharma, etc.

A few things that fall into this category are:
* 9/11
* Peak Oil
* NASA/UFO
* Big Pharma
* Banking/Fed/Fall of the Dollar
* Movies like Zeitgeist and Loose change

If you feel the need to talk about these things then Google is your friend.


Kind regards,

The Traveler




YES!!! thank you traveler!!!
fear based postualizing all of it.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/


 
droplet
#32 Posted : 4/11/2010 9:17:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 88
Joined: 01-Jul-2008
Last visit: 01-Jan-2019
I agree that this forum is not the place for preaching about NWO CT and stuff of the like, but I can't help but think that the experiences of the DMT trip are interconnected with so many CT topics. The very fact that people experience UFOs and Entities during some wild trips along with the tangent ideas of Mckenna on 2012 to me seem to prove those topics valid. The aspect of enlightenment that I believe is relevant to DMT is a matter of consciousness and of lifting veils. Perhaps to ban this type of conversations from the nexus is not the best solution. Perhaps there is a better way to solve the problem of this type of distracting chatter, such as make a section for just that type of stuff. Wouldn't the Hyperspace Tavern suit this kind of discussion best. I agree that this is the Traveler's site and he should do as he pleases, but I am just offering my opinion.

I like the idea of moderators moving such topics to designated areas out of the way...





nothing is gained, yet nothing is lost...
droplet attached the following image(s):
pablo_amaringo-huarmi-nahui_sm.jpg (203kb) downloaded 376 time(s).
 
The Traveler
#33 Posted : 4/11/2010 10:30:51 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Posts: 7163
Joined: 18-Jan-2007
Last visit: 10-May-2021
Location: Orion Spur
No-one got coped out by the NWO. Pleased

It's a good thing to discuss theories and have a healthy debate about it. As long as the harmony stays alive and people keep polite, all is well.

Your average CT thread however follows about the same rules as a debate with a Jehovah:
'truthers' (Jehovah's) start bringing the theories by quoting websites and posting links to Youtube video's (quoting the Bible), this way they try to bring us 'the truth' (Word of God, Apocalypse, etc). As soon as you point out the cracks in those theories they will bring more links to questionable websites and Youtube movies (more bible quotes). This is a never ending story where logic doesn't seem to be involved.

Almost all of these theories are backed up by doubtful resources, vague calculations, questionable assumptions and a lot of 'trust us!' combined with a very unhealthy dose of ill constructed 'proof'. So this is the reason that such CT's will not be tolerated on the DMT-Nexus. They bring fear, paranoia and a great deal of dissonance to a community, not something that has anything to do with censorship or suppresion.


Kind regards,

The Traveler


 
DeMenTed
#34 Posted : 4/12/2010 1:00:16 AM

Barry


Posts: 1740
Joined: 10-Jan-2010
Last visit: 05-Mar-2014
Location: Inside the Higgs Boson
If people want to discuss nwo politics they should do it on liveleak or something and not the "dmt" nexus, peace.
 
Pokey
#35 Posted : 4/12/2010 2:56:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 372
Joined: 24-Oct-2009
Last visit: 23-Feb-2021
You mean all that stuff about 2012 and Zeitgeist isn't true?

But....

I read it on the internet...


Thanks Trav! You rock. I was wasting a lot of energy thinking about all that silly stuff and wondering how my otherwise rational fellow Nexians were getting hoodwinked.

YAY!

Pokey the JubilantVery happy

 
Saidin
#36 Posted : 4/12/2010 5:49:26 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Posts: 1320
Joined: 30-Jan-2008
Last visit: 03-Sep-2020
Location: In between my thoughts
Pokey wrote:
But....

I read it on the internet...


All knowledge is second hand or worse, except for that which we experience subjectively. And subjective knowledge has no value outside ourselves because there is no way to measure it.

All of your information comes from other sources...internet, books, magazines, lectures, videos, etc...and in every myth there is a kernel of truth...
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.
 
Czepa
#37 Posted : 4/12/2010 11:56:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 148
Joined: 28-Aug-2009
Last visit: 25-Oct-2019
Location: Australia
Pandora wrote:
Saidin wrote:
Censorship is bad....mmmmkay?



Mmmmmm, nope. Censorship is ESSENTIAL within the context of families. Censorship becomes bad when governments take it up. The Nexus is a kind of family with The Traveler being a kind of father. Dad sets the rules! This is NOT the Conspiracy Nexus. This is not the 2012 Nexus. This is not the UFOs Came, Penetrated my Ass with a Crop Circle, then conspired with ex-US-President Bush to incompetently invade Iraq Nexus. You can find a place for all of these and many other things on the Internet. Clearly, The Traveler does not want this place to become bogged down in conspiracy theory loops. This is the DMT-Nexus.

Again, I applaud The Traveler for being assertive on this front and protecting the integrity of this very special place in cyberspace.

Peace & Love,
Pandora
Understood. I agree Completely Pandora. this is an environment that needs to be preserved. I love this place and would never want to compromise its integrity. but I want to address a problem of mine lately, if its ok for me to do that here.

Ive sort of been conflicting with my ideas and information to do with 2012 on the Chat making conclusions and extrapolating on data. i admit i was acting like a religious nut. trying to convince people. but the angle that i really should have been trying to approach the issue from was that it is something to consider. i really honestly think its something that people should look into factually (and not be preached upon). I'm not fear mongering. or spreading faith of any kind. i just think that maybe the mayans had something right. what would be the point of basing all their pyramids on the elevation of consciousness and carving a huge calendar out of stone if you weren't 100% sure. their culture and beliefs were derived from shamanism and were related to the sun, the moon. physical reality. not just "a great man in the clouds". I honestly think its rational, ive researched much scientific data on 2012, verified alot of things in my mind and am positively sure that its part of a new begging, a new age for humanity.

If i agree to not be so dead set in my mentality of 2012, would it still be ok to have rational discussion about it if i present data and facts and don't become too pushy on my line of thinking? (and reserve it only for the forums)
Sir Terrence McKenna: "and what is real: is you, and your friends, and your associations, your highs, your orgasms your hopes your plans your fears... and were told. no. we're unimportant, we're peripherial. get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that. and then your a player, (but) you dont even want to play that game? (well) you want to re-claim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers: who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash thats being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world. ¿where is that at?"

"But now technology throws a curve. and the curve is that we live so long, that we figure out what a scam this is. we figure out that what your supposed to work for isn't worth having, we figure out that our politicians are buffoons, we figure out that professional scientists are reputation building gravitating weasels. we discover that all organizations are corrupted by ambition. we figure. it. out... and as you come to see that you are alienated you realise that culture is not your friend."
 
Saidin
#38 Posted : 4/12/2010 4:41:04 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Posts: 1320
Joined: 30-Jan-2008
Last visit: 03-Sep-2020
Location: In between my thoughts
Pandora wrote:

Mmmmmm, nope. Censorship is ESSENTIAL within the context of families. Censorship becomes bad when governments take it up. The Nexus is a kind of family with The Traveler being a kind of father. Dad sets the rules! This is NOT the Conspiracy Nexus. This is not the 2012 Nexus. This is not the UFOs Came, Penetrated my Ass with a Crop Circle, then conspired with ex-US-President Bush to incompetently invade Iraq Nexus. You can find a place for all of these and many other things on the Internet. Clearly, The Traveler does not want this place to become bogged down in conspiracy theory loops. This is the DMT-Nexus.


You are right and you are wrong. It is vvery appropiate to consider The Traveller as a father figure and us as a family. I agree he has final say, this is a private forum and he can do whatever he wants. I also agree that we have a wonderful community here...ive been around for more than two years and have learned so much from this site and the people here that I wouldn't be the same person without it. For that I am grateful.

But...while this is not the conspiracy nexus, neither is it the:

Art/Music Nexus
Healing Nexus
Philosophy/Science Nexus
Mushroom/LSD/Cactus/Bufo/Salvia/Iboga Nexus

We talk and discuss these things because there is a synergy between the topics, which I feel is the same with the more frige topics that come about though an expanded consciousness and investigation into what we percieve of as real. If you dismiss all "conspiracy theories" out of hand without doing thorough investigation yourself, then your opinions are disingenious.

I agree as I have said before that entrenched, proselytizing, and 'I know better than you' arguments are pointless and a waste of time. But how many discussions on this forum are pointless and a waste of time? Do you want someone else controlling your content, or do you want to make that decision yourself as to what topics hold enough interest for you to participate in an intelligent and thoughtful manner? I support the free flow of ideas, no matter what the topic.

There are no bad topics, only Egos that cannot get beyond themselves.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.
 
droplet
#39 Posted : 4/12/2010 6:20:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 88
Joined: 01-Jul-2008
Last visit: 01-Jan-2019
^ what he said
 
Saidin
#40 Posted : 4/14/2010 1:33:09 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Posts: 1320
Joined: 30-Jan-2008
Last visit: 03-Sep-2020
Location: In between my thoughts
Fiashly wrote:
Looks like the inter-dimensional reptilian illuminati have already gotten to The Traveler. First the Kennedy assassination and now the stifling of conversation on the nexus. Where will it end? We're all doomed! Doomed I tells ya!


lol
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.
 
PREV1234NEXT»
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.080 seconds.