We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Oh my god... Oh my god... Oh my god... Options

lyserge
#41 Posted : 6/8/2010 2:16:18 AM

polyfather anomalous

Uncle Knucles wrote:

This is a chemical which doesn't require a whole lot to make its point. I think a lot of people experience it for the first time, get rocked harder than anything they've ever dreamed possible, and just ASSUME it must be because they went way over the line with the dosage. The experience itself is just over the line; there's no shame in getting rocked by it. But outlandish claims to impossible doses only create dangerous misconceptions. This is what many of us seek to avoid, for the safety of all who follow.

Aye and I'd like to figure out how to get more out of less. Today on approximately 10-15 mg (weighed out 20 but didn't have the full amount) I had very light contact with "Hyperspace", distinct and typically strange entities, such as the same old multi-trunked relaxed elephant with dark sunglasses, whose head was attached to a man's body in a black suit. The sunglasses were changing colours, red, pink, neon, all sorts, just beautiful. Of course my intent on that journey was to accompany my friend, rather than the more intense personal or detective work I sometimes attempt. All my friend experienced was "the most beautiful colours, vibrating and shifting into each other", against a grid. No beings.

By the way if you did put a 250 mg pile in The Machine then you must be insane. Now that I have a scale I see I never took more than ~40 mg, which nicely covers my pipe bowl with a layer of sparkling crystals. Trying to figure out that optimal amount which doesn't leave me raped in the veins by multi-tentacled beasts, but still allows for deep contact with these "beings" (or distant parts of myself?) who seem to respond to questioning in the strangest, most humourful, and often insightful ways. The goal for me is to learn how to navigate more successfully and productively in this world.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Eternity
#42 Posted : 6/8/2010 3:29:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
I apologize for the snappy post, and I didn't mean to imply you were lying.

I have nothing but empathy for your rough experience - I've had many of my own, believe me. It's just when you came back and assigned a number to it (an arbitrary but cool sounding number which #1) seems to pop up around here fairly often, and #2) is a complete and utter physical impossibility, IMO), that I just couldn't help but turn on a little bit of the rancor.

In the first place, high doses of DMT just don't lend themselves to physical mobility. I'm an average sized dude with a good constitution and plenty of psychedelics experience, and anything over 30mgs puts me flat on my back for the duration. In the second place, 50mgs of DMT creates a pretty substantial amount of vapor. I have a pretty average lung capacity, and it will take me 3 good sized pulls to polish off that amount. I've done plenty of journeying with a world class endurance athlete who also needs 2-3 hits to clear a dose of this size - so unless you're the Jolly Green Giant, I just don't see you knocking down hits that are literally 10 times the size. Put 2 and 2 together, and I just don't believe what you're saying at all, I'm sorry. I'm not saying you're lying - just that you are way, way off in your guestimations and searching for something to explain your very real existential asskicking.

This is a chemical which doesn't require a whole lot to make its point. I think a lot of people experience it for the first time, get rocked harder than anything they've ever dreamed possible, and just ASSUME it must be because they went way over the line with the dosage. The experience itself is just over the line; there's no shame in getting rocked by it. But outlandish claims to impossible doses only create dangerous misconceptions. This is what many of us seek to avoid, for the safety of all who follow.

No harm taken my friend! I thank you for pointing out the short comings of my post, because as you put it so well, one of the whole reasons for this community, I believe, is in fact to eliminate any misconceptions for all those explorers out there (myself included) who come here to seek accurate and safe information. One of the best ways to accomplish this is through productive criticism of people's postings, as you have been so gracious as to do to mine. I am of the opinion that this is much more productive than simply agreeing with each other all the time, although that also has its place.

To respond to the comment about my mobility under the influence, it was towards the end of the experience when the effects must have been less, which is the only way I can explain it. In the beginning, I must have been lying motionless, because I had no conception of space, time or direction. Towards the end however, I started gaining some of my sense back, I thought the colors (bright oranges, reds) where due to the fact that somehow my 1 candle had tipped over and lit the appartment on fire. This prompted me to muster all my forces to try to stand and make sense of things.

lysergify wrote:

Aye and I'd like to figure out how to get more out of less. Today on approximately 10-15 mg (weighed out 20 but didn't have the full amount) I had very light contact with "Hyperspace", distinct and typically strange entities, such as the same old multi-trunked relaxed elephant with dark sunglasses, whose head was attached to a man's body in a black suit. The sunglasses were changing colours, red, pink, neon, all sorts, just beautiful. Of course my intent on that journey was to accompany my friend, rather than the more intense personal or detective work I sometimes attempt. All my friend experienced was "the most beautiful colours, vibrating and shifting into each other", against a grid. No beings.

By the way if you did put a 250 mg pile in The Machine then you must be insane. Now that I have a scale I see I never took more than ~40 mg, which nicely covers my pipe bowl with a layer of sparkling crystals. Trying to figure out that optimal amount which doesn't leave me raped in the veins by multi-tentacled beasts, but still allows for deep contact with these "beings" (or distant parts of myself?) who seem to respond to questioning in the strangest, most humourful, and often insightful ways. The goal for me is to learn how to navigate more successfully and productively in this world.

That sounds great lysergify. I have also since obtaining my scale been making use of the "less is more" principle. As for the pile of crystals... I would describe it more as a small mountain! I would never attempt such a thing again knowing what a 20mg dose looks like now haha. I am almost certain that the majority of it must have migrated on the glass, as there is evidence of heavy crytalization on the bottom interior side of the machine. You sound like you have a noble goal with your exploring. I have found that I have had some very noticable shifts in my personality which coincide approximately with the time I started administering DMT to my self for the first time.
And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Disclaimer: All communications undertaken by this user account on this site are purely fictional in nature and are intended for entertainment purposes only. I do not advocate the use of controlled substances by any person(s) anywhere.

Gir
#43 Posted : 6/8/2010 3:35:49 PM

Gir

/me pees as far as he can.

Nice with the "massive"

because its the best thing ya know.. instead of you know... Not taking a stupidly large amount. Im so sick of these posts. Good for your friend.

No offense to you or him, but stupid none the less. You need such a small dose of this stuff...if you feel like its too "light" why dont you add some harmalas or caapi to the mixture?? MAOI? dont increase it ....

-gir
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

Felnik
#44 Posted : 6/8/2010 3:40:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can tell you it is possible to get up and move around on a strong dose.

I didn't think it was possible until i actually was doing it. Its related to a fight or flight thing.

I've seen it before and was surprised . All the more reason for a sitter to be present
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

acolon_5
#45 Posted : 6/8/2010 3:59:24 PM

The Great Namah

^ I've seen it happen too.....this was on "jungle spice" + unreduced Caapi tea (about 30g over the course of 2 hours or so, unreduced). The person had not smoked before and my friend thought a strong dose would be the way to go, I disagreed, but it was his home, his spice, and his friend, so I let me do as he thought best.

The only real thing the person did was stand up, fall down, and then crawl (in the forest) to a tree, which he then slumped against the rest of the experience.

Sitter for first few times, maybe, after that is pointless, I think. Unless you are a person that has the unusual habit of jumping up every time you spice, I think a sitter is unneeded.

Also, if you keep yourself away from danger (i.e. no smoking on cliffs, next to high water or rapid flowing streams, pointy branches, stoves that are on, etc....you will be safe. Again, I stay in my room usually (unless I'm up at my friends place, 100+ acres of woods is nothing to sneeze at and is PERFECT for Aya ceremonies).

Aya is different. If you have not traveled much in Aya space a sitter can be VERY helpful. I find that I no longer need one, as I know somewhat what I am getting in to. I also know the potency of my brews and am not scared of a massive OD (physically safe, mentally....maybe not and a sitter is almost manditory for massive Aya doses, which I highly recommend against unless you have been working with the medicine for a long time and have built up a relationship with Mama Aya).
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

PREV123