We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Oh my god... Oh my god... Oh my god... Options

Bancopuma
#21 Posted : 3/19/2010 4:59:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its fascinating the number of times jester and mantid types seem to crop up in people's DMT and psilocybin experiences. Seems like they both crop up way more often than can be easily explained away by hyper suggestibility or whatever, I wonder what the hell is going on??

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

#22 Posted : 3/19/2010 5:08:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Read something interesting in Graham Hancock's 'Supernatural' regarding the Mantis.

He mentions that the San people, who lived in Southern Africa for tens of thousands of years and who are most likely responsible for some of the oldest cave paintings on earth, had a god called Kraggen. He was apparently the main fella godwise, and he was also a Mantis.
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

lyserge
#23 Posted : 3/19/2010 8:39:24 PM

polyfather anomalous

ghostman wrote:

It only happened to me once. I was first visited by the Jester, who laughed his ass off because I thought I could control the trip. He indicated otherwise ;-)
Fuck I thought I was the only one .. the 'jester'/'joker' is the first entity I ever saw on dmt...
Wow, just searched here and it seems to be incredibly common, which is amazing as I had never heard of any connection at all between dmt and jesters.. well not considering how amazing dmt

I've also had a number of encounters with a clown-like Spice entity. Sometimes he's appeared on pieces of paper or the wall while I'm inhaling the Spice, as if to welcome me into the experience. Another time I had some Spice while sitting at a peaceful, plant-filled spot by a water hole in the nearby national forest. I felt a tremendous presence, right there, of these clowns, many of them, full of love and laughter. There was some communication from them, in the form of beams of light-based energy. A very magical encounter. It seemed like these entities were coming out of the stream, and I recalled D.M. Turner's essay on DMT and the Water Spirit.

I found an amazing wikipedia article about Heyókȟa "the Lakota concept of a contrarian, jester, satirist or sacred clown. Heyókȟa are thought of as being backwards-forwards, upside-down, or contrary in nature. This spirit is often manifest by doing things backwards or unconventionally -- riding a horse backwards, wearing clothes inside-out, or speaking in a backwards language." I often have encounters with this detective-spy man who rolls around my visual field, up and down and back and forth, trying to keep me from seeing him. All of these entities seem to play trickster roles.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Eternity
#24 Posted : 3/19/2010 9:29:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I certainly must say that I did not expect so many good responses! Smile Thank you everyone for sharing your input and advice, I appreciate it very much. It never ceases to amaze me the wealth of experience and information from forum members that can be drawn upon to help those less experienced of us.

ghostman wrote:
Let me get this straight. You are able to smoke a massive dose, and while you are in jimjam land you are able to stand up and do shit like open curtains?

That is correct. I managed to open the blinds just barely feeling like I was caught in some sort of rift in the space-time continuum alla star trek. My hypothesis was that this was happening because there was no light and it was promoting my imagination. Well, when I opened those blinds and looked outside, boy was I disapointed haha. Here I literally said to myself "You've done it now. You've somehow damaged the very fabric of reality, opened some sort of hole or gateway across several dimensions, and now your stuck here for all eternity". It was at this point I literally lost hope. It was terrifying.

۩ wrote:
Try meditating while in hyperspace...
Why not be just like your avatar?

The body dies so the soul can bloom.

I will definitly try this next time, athough I cannot possibly imagine being able to hold still while falling through the rabbit hole. I should think that it becomes easier with practice though.

Spock's Brain wrote:
I HOPE YOU LEARNED YOUR LESSON!!!

My friend, the only lesson I learned was that before this experience, I was so naive to think I knew anything about how the cosmos worked. I am now certain that this is no conventional drug as we commonly think of them. Instead, I believe that it is a portal of sorts into the spirit world/other dimensions or what ever you choose to call it.

gibran2 wrote:
Sounds like my most intense experience (about 3 weeks ago). Except I didn’t feel like I was dying. I was absolutely convinced that I had died. And I had left my body far behind, so there was no going back and forth between this world and “that” world.

And there’s a way to tell if you’ve had an incredibly deep experience (aside from the experience itself!). If, upon returning to this world and returning to your body you are absolutely convinced that you’ll no longer be able to function in society after having witnessed what you just witnessed, then you know you've had a profound experience.

So beautiful and so terrible.

I can relate very much to your experience, and that sounds about how I felt. I was certain that there was no returning to my previous state of existence. I was thinking about your definition of a profound experience all day today. I have been strugling to integrate what has happened to me in my normal life, and I have now arrived at the conclusion that I had what could be characterized as a mystical experience. The following is an excerpt from the website How to Recognize a Mystical Experience which, as the title of the site indicates, describes certain criteria that may indicate that you have experienced something mystical. To summerize:

* Ineffability – the handiest of the marks by which I classify a state of mind as mystical is negative. The subject of it immediately says that it defies expression, that no adequate report of its contents can be given in words. It follows from this that its quality must be directly experienced; it cannot be imparted or transferred to others.

* Noetic quality – Although so similar to states of feeling, mystical states seem to those who experience them to be also states of knowledge. They are states of insight into the depths of truth unplumbed by the discursive intellect. They are illuminations, revelations, full of significance and importance … and as a rule they carry with them a curious sense of authority for after-time.

* Transiency – Mystical states cannot be sustained for long. Except in rare instances, half an hour, or at most an hour or two, seem to be the limit beyond which they fade into the light of common day.

* Passivity – Although the oncoming of mystical states may be facilitated by preliminary voluntary operations, as by fixing the attention, or going through certain bodily performances, or in other ways which manuals of mysticism prescribe; yet when the characteristic sort of consciousness once has set in, the mystic feels as if his own will were in abeyance, and indeed sometimes grasped by a superior power.

I believe that what I have experienced fits exactly into these criteria. I always used to go on to my close friends (and myself) that I could intellectually grasp how insignificant our daily problems are, the vastness of the cosmos, and our interconnectedness with all things, but I could never feel it like so many mystics/wisemen/philosophers say. Now I can.

Although I still struggle to grasp whether all this around me that I see is real, or infact the sole reality (which I might add I am now convinced otherwise) I found comfort in some words that I had read on this forum a few weeks ago. They said that sometimes you get what you want from the spice, and other times, you get what you need. I had wanted to go into the experience and come out with some sort of knowledge or information. Instead, I found that I have been stripped of every knowledge and certainty that I had before, and my previous programming regarding my beliefs, standards, and perspectives have been completely demolished. In other words, I did not learned anything, but instead I UNLEARNED everything. I now believe that the action of the entity who was sucking the life out of me and brutaly cutting me to pieces speaking in a strange language of clicks, pops and other strange sounds represents this tearing down of old beliefs. Because of the overwhelmingly intense nature of the act, I was of course horrified at the time. Now, I am thankful for having the experience, however frightning it was. I find that as I wonder around about my daily business, I have a sense that everything here must be important for some reason, but I cannot help but find it hilarious. I look at the way we are all programmed and how the world is organized, from nature to society, and I seem to think it is all part of some sort of comedic theatrical play. I stumble around like a child in awe and wonder at everything as if I see it entirely in a new light. I have since gone from a pessimistic outlook at everything to a much more optimistic one based on wonder, indiference, and amazement.

DMTripper wrote:
@Eternity

Next time try to take another big toke and then just let go of yourself. Leave yourself in this world and leave this world behind.
Surrender to the experience.

I can't imagine how that is possible, but I understand exactly your reasoning and will try to apply it next time, however terrifying the idea sounds at the moment. I think I was completely caught off guard by the intensity of the whole thing and was less than adequately prepared to remain calm. Now however, I believe that the next time I cross over I will be less tempted to panic at what is happening to me and try to surrender and let go as you say.

jacetea wrote:
Just know that DMT gets better with use. You get accustomed to the time warping and reality melting. You are able to concentrate and calm yourself so it doesn't make you thrash around wildly.

Thanks for the support. I definitly need more practice to be able to remain calm and concentrate.

I do not know what everyone means by the jester, but each time I go in I see this strange being like a thin man with cylindrical body parts, huge eyes, and covered in stripes of various bright colors. He comes out of the kalidescopic room of colors and takes control of me, making strange noises, probing and playing with my soul with mind-numbing speed and enjoying it very much. I am always frightened by him (or them). Perhaps as I gain experience this fear will disapear and I will even be able to interact with him/it.

The shock and trauma are starting to wear off now, and I am returning to normal. My question is, when should I got back in? When do I know that I have intgrated everything and am ready for another journey? In any case, I hope to hell that the other side and all its inhabitants will go a bit easier on me next time.

And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Disclaimer: All communications undertaken by this user account on this site are purely fictional in nature and are intended for entertainment purposes only. I do not advocate the use of controlled substances by any person(s) anywhere.

#25 Posted : 3/19/2010 9:37:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eternity wrote:

My friend, the only lesson I learned was that before this experience, I was so naive to think I knew anything about how the cosmos worked. I am now certain that this is no conventional drug as we commonly think of them. Instead, I believe that it is a portal of sorts into the spirit world/other dimensions or what ever you choose to call it.

Couldn't agree with you more, my friend. Sounds like you did learn something, eh? Laughing

#26 Posted : 3/19/2010 9:49:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I meant to say as well, that I love your posts, Eternity. You're really able to articulate what you feel and think and experience very clearly and honestly. Whenever you feel it's right to return - and only you will know when that is - I look forward to hearing about it.

Eternity
#27 Posted : 6/5/2010 1:12:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

Although this is an old post, I would like to contribute some more information that I feel is extremly important in calrifying exactly what happened and why during this experience.

I recently bought a scale accurate to 0.001g and decided to weigh the approximate amount of DMT that I took to cause this journey some months ago. Exactly how much DMT did I smoke? My most conservative estimate places the amount at approximately 250mg..!

So, for all those wondering about trying DMT for the first time, or for those who, out of curiosity, graceiously contributed to my post, I believe that the answer as to why my experience was so epic was do to the heroic dose of 250mg that I ingested in one long drag from the machine. I highly advise against anyone trying to duplicate such a trip... especially without extensive experience at lower doses.

Disclaimer: All communications undertaken by this user account on this site are purely fictional in nature and are intended for entertainment purposes only. I do not advocate the use of controlled substances by any person(s) anywhere.

endlessness
#28 Posted : 6/5/2010 3:19:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do not believe its physically possible for anybody to inhale 250mg dmt, specially in one draw... There's just no way that can happen!

Maybe you burned most of it or most of it melted but didnt vaporize, or maybe you estimate sizes very badly or dont have a good memory (I wont suppose you are lying because I like to believe in people Razz) but really, it just wouldnt happen.....

Not to mention its absurdly unnecessary to need that much for breaking through, waste of dmt. With good vaporization method, even 50mg can be too much and not possible to vaporize before being completely gone. So one way or another, do reconsider your position, and try to find a better smoking method next time (I suggest the vaporgenie)

vovin
#29 Posted : 6/5/2010 3:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Personally for me and this may vary with others I am not sure. There is a limit to the level of intensity that one can get as far as dosage. So if I were to take in say 100 mg of dmt and then 150 mg at a later time the effects would be exactly the same. Once you reach a certain point the amount will do nothing but add time to the trip and then only a few seconds. Again this is how I experienced it might be different for others.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

nabster98
#30 Posted : 6/5/2010 4:05:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i am yet to try dmt but i am experienced with ego loss. You must get into the trip to get out of it in the end. Try meditating before, think about your goal and go in and forget everything that you once know. All of that is gone now, no purpose in this world. hope this helps
Disclaimer: I am merely a figment of your imagination. I lurk between the deepest crevices of your mind, seeking distortions. I am consciousness, all that it true and pure. For I am no human being, I am a observatory tourist of all that is life. Everything I say is nothing but a just rationalization of what I say, although none are true events. Everything is changing, a constant loop, as am I

gibran2
#31 Posted : 6/5/2010 6:04:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

endlessness wrote:
I do not believe its physically possible for anybody to inhale 250mg dmt, specially in one draw... There's just no way that can happen!

Maybe you burned most of it or most of it melted but didnt vaporize, or maybe you estimate sizes very badly or dont have a good memory (I wont suppose you are lying because I like to believe in people Razz) but really, it just wouldnt happen.....

Not to mention its absurdly unnecessary to need that much for breaking through, waste of dmt. With good vaporization method, even 50mg can be too much and not possible to vaporize before being completely gone. So one way or another, do reconsider your position, and try to find a better smoking method next time (I suggest the vaporgenie)

I agree. Vaporizing 250mg seems unlikely. Here’s why (expanding on what endlessness said) :

The metal mesh used in “The Machine” can only hold so much liquid DMT. My guess is that once it was melted, much of it migrated to the glass and was never vaporized.

Regardless of lung capacity, vaporizing a given amount of DMT (without burning) takes a given amount of time. So it’s reasonable to assume that vaporizing 250mg would take 5X as long as vaporizing 50mg. Even if you could vaporize 50mg in 10 seconds (very unlikely, especially with the machine), that means it would take 50 seconds to vaporize 250mg!

Not even taking lung capacity into account, I don’t think that would be possible. After less than 30 seconds of continuous heavy vapor inhalation , I’m quite certain that just about anyone would be too far removed from this reality to continue smoking.

vovin wrote:
Personally for me and this may vary with others I am not sure. There is a limit to the level of intensity that one can get as far as dosage. So if I were to take in say 100 mg of dmt and then 150 mg at a later time the effects would be exactly the same. Once you reach a certain point the amount will do nothing but add time to the trip and then only a few seconds. Again this is how I experienced it might be different for others.

My highest doses (which weren’t even very high) caused near complete amnesia – little to no memory of what had just happened. My most intense experience ever was from a moderate dose.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

acolon_5
#32 Posted : 6/5/2010 7:08:09 PM

The Great Namah

Wow, just wow.

After reading the thread I would like to make some suggestions.

A massive unknown quantity is very vague, you could have smoked 30mgs or 230mgs, invest in a $20-40 scale, I got one off of ebay for $23 incl shipping, it still serves me well to this day and is as accurate as ever....not sure if they still make them but the gempro 50 (.001g) scale might be something to consider.

A massive OD like 100-200mgs of spice can produce complete chaos, possible amnesia, and most usually, for MOST people, a bad ride.

With a scale, at least you will have a general idea of how far you are about to go.

You may want to take some time BEFORE launching to REALLY ground yourself, and then unbound youself if that makes any sense. Fighting ego death is simply a horrid uphill battle you probably won't win (I never did), and you'll end up just white knucking it until the ride is over.

Don't get up to mess with the blinds, I know, I get it, but fight the urge to get up.

Keep your eyes closed and take a DEEP breath as you feel yourself slipping out of the earthly reality we know. Let it out as the visuals overtake you and let youself be drawn into hyperspace. Don't fight it, in fact, litterally saying to yourself "I'm letting go now" can work to calm yourself enough to actually let go. Remember, you WILL come back, always...usually in 3-8 minutes.

After coming back, you may have a lot of raw emotion that has bubbled up to the surface. It IS ok to cry, scream, laugh, or just lay their reflecting on the things you have seen, the entites you have encountered, and what it all means.

Make a ritual for yourself.

My personal one:

1) Prepare my doseage, weigh out 40-65mgs spice depending on how far in I want to go, set up bong or pipe (vaporizer is in storage and I'm ok leaving it there, hard to work, burned spice alot, so now I use leaf bed). Get a glass of water and set it next to the bed. Have my inhaler nearby just in case...I've only had to use it 2-3 times, but not having it while coming down, with an asthma attack going on is NOT FUN. pipe/bong next to bed with water. Prep bed or couch for comfortable voyaging, pillows set up, blanket in case of the "cold effect"
2) shower
3) Jala Netti (nasal irrigation)
4) light some Palo Santo (look it up if need be) or smudge with white sage. This can help remove negative energies and thoughts...even if you're not into new agey stuff, it will help calm your mind.
5) Sit on bed with pipe in hands, half lotus position and meditate (I use Eknath Eswaran's method of meditation) for 10-30 minutes depending on how I feel
6) calm the butterflies that have invaded my stomach
7) Ready for launch

Upon return
I usually will wait until almost all of the effects are gone before getting up. During this time I try and remember my experience, otherwise most of it will be forgotten, just like a dream, slowly slipping away.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Bill Cipher
#33 Posted : 6/5/2010 7:27:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eternity wrote:
Exactly how much DMT did I smoke? My most conservative estimate places the amount at approximately 250mg..!

Okay... With all due respect, Eternity...

B U L L S H I T.

Not physically possible - not by a long, long, long, long shot. What you described in your post sounded exactly like an underdose. If you got more than 20-25mgs (at the very most) in your one long drag from the machine, I would be frankly amazed.

No offense, brother, but every knucklehead that gets rocked by a dose seems to come back in here claiming they ingested 250mgs. It just ain't happenin'. It's not reality.

Just as an aside: I hate the whole concept of the "heroic dose". There's nothing heroic about pissing your pants on stupidly high doses of anything. I propose a change to the community lexicon, wherein the phrase heretofor becomes known as "dumbass dose".

acolon_5
#34 Posted : 6/5/2010 8:03:15 PM

The Great Namah

^ with all due respect I have seen at least 2 people who have taken 150mgs and 200mgs respectivly in 2-3 hits. Yes, they had issues lighting the lighter after 2 hits, but that's what friends are for.

So while the OP MIGHT have loaded up a 250mg dose, I'm guessing not much of it was actualy inhaled.

All I'm saying is that I've seen massive dose tokers before. Most are hard heads that 60mgs hardly affects (not on any meds).....WITH an MAOI I have a friend that still needs ~100mgs to really launch off. She can also eat 4g of Cubes and have only body sensations while the rest of the group is layed out on the floor.

Just saying it's POSSIBLE, but most likely unrealistic. I do like your "dumbass dose" lexicon idea. going about 100mg (unless a serious hard head) is just wasteful, not only in the spice, but in the experience...it's sensory overload and nothing, or at least very little can be accomplished (at least by me) when I'm on too high of a dose.

To the OP: W/O a scale you have NO idea what you smoked, two piles of spice, the exact same size from different xtalizations can vary in weight by ALOT, like 20mg vs 100mg...

Also if you don't have a good smoke technique down you will loose a lot of spice to burning, not holding it long enough, or smoking too slowly. First hit is the key, the bigger and longer held, the further you're gonna be going on your full dosage.

You may have had an underdose, I find them horribly uncomfortable....but hey.

Also it IS possible to get up during a spice experience...at least on lower doses (30-40mgs)...even w/ a breakthrough. One time I spiced and as soon as I went under all I could hear was water pouring, like the sink was overflowing. Turned out to be my 100gallon fish tank filter, the water level was low, but it was VERY ammusing to be holding this strange looking alien device (fish tank filter) wondering why it was making my sink leak....all the while I had the grid overlapping reality, and there were little typical TV Aliens (black eyes, big head etc, greys if you will) in between the triangles in the grid, it was chaos.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

endlessness
#35 Posted : 6/5/2010 8:09:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
acolon. What method of smoking was it used by those people that smoked 150mg-200mg?

I really really think that some of the dmt must have burned or condensed elsewhere or not vaporized, I seriously do not think its possible if it was efficient vaporization. The people with most leather lungs and hardheads ive ever seen smoking dmt with the vaporgenie still were completely gone even before 50mg.

When I smoked with bong sandwhich method with 50mg for example were many times not enough for a breakthrough, but when switching method it was always more than necessary.

1x was leaf bed in a water bong
2x were Changa using a 1) small pipe, #02 water bong with 2 years worth of spice build up (waxy black resin) in it, plus the massive dose of 150mg, so even if some was wasted because of bad smoking tech or just a melt through, it would just melt into the black resin at the bottom of the bowl. It's my friends, and because of the smoking over the past 2 years it gave some neat experiecnes.
1x was with a glass bulb style vaporizer (and yes, this person has a very uncomfortable powerful experiencee, moreso than teh others)

I believe your theory is correct. I do believe that SOME of the spice didn't make it into the bloodstream, sure. Not sure if 1/2 or more was lost though. One of these people just needs that type of dose, she's regularly using 100mgs+ to voyage w/ harmine and harmaline sublingually taken 15 minutes before, WITH harmine/harmaline (rue extract, Manske + A/B, pretty darn pure). That's jsut what she neeeds, no matter WHAT type of smoking device she uses. The other people, I truly can't say, maybe most was lost, maybe not....even so, the non-hard head said that it was WAY to much, and never wants to visit hyperspace on a dose like that again...it was his spice, his bong, so I was like sure!

Felnik
#36 Posted : 6/5/2010 9:28:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I get nervous just reading these accounts. I was there big time some months back and still trying to come to terms with it.

My experience really took the wind out of my sails with spice. It felt like a hyperdimensional KEELHAULING http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keelhauling

There is this distinctive feeling of an entity or source that pulls you into its grip . I hate the fucking thing if it truly exists. There is an overpowering feeling that it is trying to make YOU part of the fabric of the "other" dimension.

There is a feeling that you can't remember how you got there or that you crossed a line of some sort that has thrust you into this hellish pergatory .

The biggest one is that it feels perminent and that you will have to adjust to this new alien fucked up existence.

I have taken along break from this stuff trying to ground and figure out what my new approach will be .
I have a serous problem because I am pissed off at this force that messing with me.

Whatever it is its one cold powerful bitch that wants to squash you like a bug. There is no possible way of defending yourself.
As humans at this stage of evolution we are simply not equipped to deal with this force.

My hope is that if I wait long enough my vibrational energy will change . So when I do enter hyperspace I will be harder to locate.

I think with repeated use you become and easy target for whatever is is there. It feels like they can zero right in on you and grab hold .

One thing is for certain : its not all flowers and candy in there people.

Its amazing we can still function in this reality after that thing or whatever the fuck gets a hold of you and throws your soul around like a dog toy.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

#37 Posted : 6/6/2010 4:53:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Felnik wrote:
One thing is for certain : its not all flowers and candy in there people.

Its amazing we can still function in this reality after that thing or whatever the fuck gets a hold of you and throws your soul around like a dog toy.

I couldn't agree more ... we put our soul on the table in hyperspace; the real you. And fuck knows what will happen; how much of it comes back, and that which does, transformed to what extent and by what exactly?

Eternity
#38 Posted : 6/6/2010 11:37:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems the thread has gone in a direction in which I did not anticipate it would, but I will try to address the situation as best as possible. I know sometimes I may wish to communicate a certain idea yet fail miserably due to my lack of communication skills!

I have tried to present you with the bare facts of the situation in order for you to affect an adequate analysis of the experience. I will re-organize the facts as follows so we may work with them together, hopefully satisfying those who justly criticize my writing:

Amount of DMT loaded into The Machine: approx. 250mg
Number of drags taken: 2 preliminary hits to help melt the crystals in which some DMT was inhaled, and 1 giant, slow, milky white hit.
Minutes under the full effects of the drug: 30 - 35

endlessness wrote:

Thank you for the advice endlessness. I have since switched to the leaf bed method, sandwiching the DMT in between caapi leaves in a small bong (I have been to afraid to use the machine again haha). This method seems to work much, MUCH better with smaller doses in the 20mg range.

acolon_5 wrote:
Wow, just wow.

After reading the thread I would like to make some suggestions.

A massive unknown quantity is very vague, you could have smoked 30mgs or 230mgs, invest in a $20-40 scale, I got one off of ebay for $23 incl shipping, it still serves me well to this day and is as accurate as ever....not sure if they still make them but the gempro 50 (.001g) scale might be something to consider.

A massive OD like 100-200mgs of spice can produce complete chaos, possible amnesia, and most usually, for MOST people, a bad ride.

With a scale, at least you will have a general idea of how far you are about to go.

You may want to take some time BEFORE launching to REALLY ground yourself, and then unbound youself if that makes any sense. Fighting ego death is simply a horrid uphill battle you probably won't win (I never did), and you'll end up just white knucking it until the ride is over.

Don't get up to mess with the blinds, I know, I get it, but fight the urge to get up.

Keep your eyes closed and take a DEEP breath as you feel yourself slipping out of the earthly reality we know. Let it out as the visuals overtake you and let youself be drawn into hyperspace. Don't fight it, in fact, litterally saying to yourself "I'm letting go now" can work to calm yourself enough to actually let go. Remember, you WILL come back, always...usually in 3-8 minutes.

After coming back, you may have a lot of raw emotion that has bubbled up to the surface. It IS ok to cry, scream, laugh, or just lay their reflecting on the things you have seen, the entites you have encountered, and what it all means.

Make a ritual for yourself.

My personal one:

1) Prepare my doseage, weigh out 40-65mgs spice depending on how far in I want to go, set up bong or pipe (vaporizer is in storage and I'm ok leaving it there, hard to work, burned spice alot, so now I use leaf bed). Get a glass of water and set it next to the bed. Have my inhaler nearby just in case...I've only had to use it 2-3 times, but not having it while coming down, with an asthma attack going on is NOT FUN. pipe/bong next to bed with water. Prep bed or couch for comfortable voyaging, pillows set up, blanket in case of the "cold effect"
2) shower
3) Jala Netti (nasal irrigation)
4) light some Palo Santo (look it up if need be) or smudge with white sage. This can help remove negative energies and thoughts...even if you're not into new agey stuff, it will help calm your mind.
5) Sit on bed with pipe in hands, half lotus position and meditate (I use Eknath Eswaran's method of meditation) for 10-30 minutes depending on how I feel
6) calm the butterflies that have invaded my stomach
7) Ready for launch

Upon return
I usually will wait until almost all of the effects are gone before getting up. During this time I try and remember my experience, otherwise most of it will be forgotten, just like a dream, slowly slipping away.

Thank you for your detailed post acolon. I have recently purchased the very scale you mentioned, and feel much more comfortable now that I can measure out my doses. As for the ritual, my friend used to be very picky about how and when he went about smoking his DMT. These days he simply sits on my couch, loads up his bong, and, after a brief moment of silence, lights up. I do however follow the same procedure as yourself for coming back down. I sit quietly and go over the whole experience in vivid detail in my mind until I feel somewhat back "here".

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Eternity wrote:
Exactly how much DMT did I smoke? My most conservative estimate places the amount at approximately 250mg..!

Okay... With all due respect, Eternity...

B U L L S H I T.

Not physically possible - not by a long, long, long, long shot. What you described in your post sounded exactly like an underdose. If you got more than 20-25mgs (at the very most) in your one long drag from the machine, I would be frankly amazed.

No offense, brother, but every knucklehead that gets rocked by a dose seems to come back in here claiming they ingested 250mgs. It just ain't happenin'. It's not reality.

Just as an aside: I hate the whole concept of the "heroic dose". There's nothing heroic about pissing your pants on stupidly high doses of anything. I propose a change to the community lexicon, wherein the phrase heretofor becomes known as "dumbass dose".

Now, I would like to begin by saying that, due to lack of experience, it is almost certain that a large quantity of the DMT was wasted or not inhaled. However, I also believe that due to the extremely long duration of 30 - 35 minutes of full force effects using only pure spice crystals, a significant amount was indeed administered. As for the term "Heroic", I do not wish to lend confusion to those reading this post, and if this has been the case, then I thank you for the criticism and suggest the word be substituted for "massive" instead, or any other word which the reader sees fit to describe the large quantity of DMT used during this session.

You are right to suspect what I have said, but the facts are as I have stated them clearly. How you interpret them will depend upon your own individual perspective on the situation. You raise some good points, but I don't consider myself a "knuckle head" or liar, for that matter.

As far as the experience is concerned, my friend believes it has tainted all his journeys to date in a negative way. He feels that the whole event was very traumatic, and when he approaches the place where he was during that experience (he goes back there from time to time) he feels extremely uneasy to say the least. It is something that he will have to work on, and hopefully one day experience the "love and compassion" journeys that others seem to report so frequently. He has since given up trying to predict what will happen during the journey, or have any real expectations regarding what will happen. It seems he always goes through the same process now before being taken in the flow of the experience:

-Smoke
-Say to self "I have just smoked DMT, therefore these strange things arising around me are due to the effects of the drug".
-At full onset "oh god, its taking me under again"
-Fasten seat belt and somehow forget the previous thoughts mentioned above
-Come back down and sit in awe for quite some time.

I hope this has cleared things up for the time being. Thanks always for the great replies everyone, I appreciate your input very much.

Take care

Astralking
#39 Posted : 6/7/2010 12:13:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eternity wrote:
A friend of mine just sent me this letter immediately after administrating to himself a massive dose of DMT. It is a brainstorm of what he saw immediately upon coming to his senses:

Setting

I am/was alone in my apartment. My friends recently left the place and I decided to smoke some DMT. I closed all the windows and shutters and made the place totally dark except for one candle that I lit in the center of the room.

The Experience

Dose: Unknown - Massive
Method of administration: Vapor from "The Machine"
Time of administration: 5:05pm
Duration of vision(s): 30 minutes

I don't know where to start and whether this world is real or an illusion... I seem to have loaded an unknown massive dose into a DMT pipe, melted the spice, and inhaled. I inhaled one massive hit and felt like my reality was starting to turn inside out. I put the pipe down while I still could, and (I think) fell back into my sofa. I can't really explain what happened... Time seemed to stop and I was in a new place. All I can say is it was alien beyond words. Some beings immediately showed up and were communicating with me (screaming?) and proceeded to tear my soul apart. I literally felt and still feel torn to pieces and to an extent my soul feels raped. The next thing that I can put into words is I thought that I was dying. There was a terrifyingly loud noise in the beginning like a ringing, and then loud noises like echoes and voices from all over the place. Next thing I know that I did as myself when I became aware of this reality as an earthling is that I stood up and desperately started clawing the shutters trying to open them to get some light into the room to see what the hell was happening. Here time was slowing down to still, and then accelerating to extremely fast and displaying every speed in between. All I saw was a bright light and the room melting and distancing/closing in on me. I felt like I was 20 feet tall and collapsed on the floor, thinking I've overdosed of poisoned myself somehow on something, not knowing what myself actually was anymore. What felt like a stomach began gurgling as if I was going to throw up, and I got up and started about my apartment stumbling around, thrashing and collapsing. I made it onto something that seemed like a sofa and began thinking only of my family and my sitter and how they would feel when they found out I had died in my apartment alone. I started screaming out loud things like "ok, I understand now, I understand your power" and "I'm back now, I am in my body, I'm here, this is where I was born" and "please have mercy". I don't know how, but I was totally disconnected from reality... there was a bright light shining in through my windows and everything including my hands were melting and swirling. I tried opening the computer to communicate with someone for possible help. I then noticed my clock and saw the time and started watching it, drifting in an out of this room and some other place.

To summarize now that I seem to be about my senses in typing this, I am absolutely shocked and in awe of what just happened to me... I feel shaken down to the very foundations of my soul and my perception of what is real. In fact, just before I got the motor skills to type this I though perhaps I was insane, and simply dreaming a sane life this whole time. I am struggling to go over my memories to confirm that indeed I am who I think I am and my life here did happen. I cannot say anymore at this time since I simply cannot find the words to describe it any further. I now understand what this DMT is capable of...

Man it seems like you were very mobile for doing a massive hit of DMT! if i ever do a big big amount, i can't even think to open my eyes. I competley just have no idea whats going on! im in another place, don't even bother thinking to check out anything in the real world Razz
No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Bill Cipher
#40 Posted : 6/8/2010 12:39:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I apologize for the snappy post, and I didn't mean to imply you were lying.

I have nothing but empathy for your rough experience - I've had many of my own, believe me. It's just when you came back and assigned a number to it (an arbitrary but cool sounding number which #1) seems to pop up around here fairly often, and #2) is a complete and utter physical impossibility, IMO), that I just couldn't help but turn on a little bit of the rancor.

In the first place, high doses of DMT just don't lend themselves to physical mobility. I'm an average sized dude with a good constitution and plenty of psychedelics experience, and anything over 30mgs puts me flat on my back for the duration. In the second place, 50mgs of DMT creates a pretty substantial amount of vapor. I have a pretty average lung capacity, and it will take me 3 good sized pulls to polish off that amount. I've done plenty of journeying with a world class endurance athlete who also needs 2-3 hits to clear a dose of this size - so unless you're the Jolly Green Giant, I just don't see you knocking down hits that are literally 10 times the size. Put 2 and 2 together, and I just don't believe what you're saying at all, I'm sorry. I'm not saying you're lying - just that you are way, way off in your guestimations and searching for something to explain your very real existential asskicking.

This is a chemical which doesn't require a whole lot to make its point. I think a lot of people experience it for the first time, get rocked harder than anything they've ever dreamed possible, and just ASSUME it must be because they went way over the line with the dosage. The experience itself is just over the line; there's no shame in getting rocked by it. But outlandish claims to impossible doses only create dangerous misconceptions. This is what many of us seek to avoid, for the safety of all who follow.

PREV123NEXT