We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
ICAROS Options

droplet
#1 Posted : 2/24/2010 6:45:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel as if we should have a section that serves as a library for Icaros. If a sort of directory could be set up with what each Icaros does, the project could be of utmost use. I believe that using allies or additives with your Spice can give you a sort of extra channel to dial into or tune into whilst in the altered state. So far I have been experimenting with different allies, such as Mapacho(Nicotina Rustica) and Garlic. Peruvian Shamanism teaches that Garlic has a "personality" of cleansing. The idea of having garlic as an ally would mean being able to also have its cleansing or healing characteristics. I have been doing a lot of research trying to find an Icaros for garlic but so far I've come up empty handed. I have however been dieting on it and using it to overcome illness. keeping a clove in my mouth while smoking spice and while in the midst of blasting off, begin chewing it results in some interesting experiences. As my consciousness began to untether itself I saw white lights in my mouth and sliding down my stomach( sort of an awareness of the garlic) I was told in my vision that basically YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

If anyone has any knowledge on Icaros that they could share, or perhaps some links, it would be greatly appreciated...

Here is a link to a Icaros by Maestro Jaun Flores, it basically a video someone made combining instrumentals with him singing a Mapacho icaros...

droplet attached the following image(s):
kene.400.gif (41kb) downloaded 1,506 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Infinite I
#2 Posted : 2/24/2010 11:52:03 AM

JC

Garlic can be used to kill pests on your plants. Also it kills MRSA and clostridium difficile. Some people rub it on hospital beds to prevent catching these things, ive read some bad things about raw garlic. Its strictly forbidden in all ashrams and monasteries in India, Tibet and Nepal. This is raw though not cooked, usually. http://www.rense.com/general76/Dpi.htm

I also thought that you were supposed to avoid it when on the spiritual dieta?

I eat a lot of garlic but never raw!

heres a link with a collection of icaros on the aya forums. It would be good to have an icaro library! http://forums.ayahuasca....bb/viewtopic.php?t=16719

droplet
#3 Posted : 2/24/2010 12:14:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting Infinite, i thought the only limitations were: no salt, no sex, no sugar, no fried food... and then its only eat mainly what you are trying to ally or learn the icaros of...

Infinite I
#4 Posted : 2/24/2010 12:21:19 PM

JC

I didnt know folks said only eat what your trying to ally or learn the icaros of, Interesting, but yes I was under the impression garlic was a big no no

۩
#5 Posted : 2/24/2010 3:51:02 PM

Why is something that is anti inflammatory and anti parasitic forbidden?
Ayurveda doesn't want people eating anything from under the ground....which makes NO sense to me.

It helps to fast and to reduce input and focus on what you are dieting on, allowing you to be more transparent and less held back by the body when traveling,
but do what works for you.

I've heard excellent things about people dieting with ayahuasca and basil (another one of "shivas holy plants" )

as for the icaros
I love the shipibos designs they really are like electric caapi static and the way they bend is like the shape of the voice.
If you're somewhere comfortable you can learn some of your own.
Nothing really feels better than flowing, and singing what you see is pretty incredible stuff.
You can learn to weave harmonics that resonate with certain areas of your body
and you can manifest certain songs to be used as like a calling to invoke certain "spirits" (aka personalities, emotions, powers, etc)

Juan Flores is awesome :]

Pandora
#6 Posted : 2/24/2010 4:00:46 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

droplet,

What a wonderful idea! I have been searching for good Icaros for my pharma sessions and am considering a full-on aya session, so what a wonderful resource.

I really like what this guy has - wish he had more:

http://www.myspace.com/ayahuascaicaros

Peace & Love,
Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

shoe
#7 Posted : 2/24/2010 11:58:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

droplet wrote:
Interesting Infinite, i thought the only limitations were: no salt, no sex, no sugar, no fried food... and then its only eat mainly what you are trying to ally or learn the icaros of...

no, dietas can be as strict as you are willing to take them. SWIM did 10 days of flavourless colourless food, no sugar, no sex, no masturbation, no music, very minimal external stimuli (no television) so, thats things like lentils beans and plain rice broth basically, as flavourless as possible. potatoes are also okay, but apparently during the journey lentils and beans sprout and grow inside you.

by 10 days, SWIMs shit smelt incredibly sweet and had taken on a very very light brown almost tan-yellow colour. SWIM did feel week however, and his stomach regularly complained of hunger, a kind of hunger which was not satisfied by eating.

I would reccomend taking vitamin tablets if you were to do that.

spiritual dieta (fasting) even without ayahuasca (or pharmahuasca) can be a powerful catalyst!
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

blue lunar night
#8 Posted : 2/1/2011 10:26:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bransondude
#9 Posted : 2/21/2011 6:36:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I love Icaros, but lack exposure to them in person. Once, while smoking changa, Alfrendo broke out into spontaneous humming of a tune he did not know. He was in the shower at the time with the lights off. The humming started unconsciously as he was involved in what his vision was doing. By the time he caught on to his own humming, he had come up to quite the volume level, lol. It was light changa and not much of it, so he didn't get far into it. He tells me he is certain it is repeatable and that the melody was, consciously, spontaneous. Is this Icaro?

How does one know the nature of a particular Icaro?

drishti
#10 Posted : 3/9/2011 2:17:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don Hilario and Miguel Chiriap (Ecuadorian shuar shamans) have some wonderful icaros:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLjxzY_W52o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVraaz9mJM

Love,
drishti

Rooftop
#11 Posted : 3/15/2011 7:26:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dozens and dozens of "Medicine songs" to be found here.
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 8/17/2011 6:56:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Icaros are not supposed to work without the shaman involved. The reason for this is, that it takes the shaman and his life force/double identity ani shinan to involve the spirits with his voice, singing icaros. They are supposed to be powerful, but not as a recordings.

(this goes for the shipibo)

I've seen the patterns on dmt, mushrooms and LSD. They are truly sacred to me.

nen888
#13 Posted : 10/20/2011 6:29:02 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i have recordings of upper-amazonian maestros from 15 or more years ago..i was given permission and told to play them when needed in my own or others' ayahuasca sessions..they certainly work amazingly in this way as well, even if they can't be as personally directed..
if the shaman of a recording has passed to the afterlife, their presence can often be felt by some in the session, guiding..

PrimalWisdom
#14 Posted : 10/20/2011 8:07:25 AM

Everything the light touches

I am awaiting a couple of Cd’s from a shaman that visits South Africa quite often and does ceremonies etc… He is a very good of a very good friend of mine. She told him about my interest in DMT and specifically aya/pharma experiences. He said he would compile some for me to play when I journey. So I don’t know if their power is only confined to “live” instances. He seemed quite enthusiastic to get them to me.

I'll ask him if he minds me sharing them, and if not I can upload them somewhere if anyone is keen.
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

endlessness
#15 Posted : 10/20/2011 8:51:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive also personally recorded some icaros from a session I did with some amazonian shaman, and I tried playing it at a later date, during an aya trip I had alone at my house. I dont know why but it didnt feel right, I had to turn it off quickly. It felt way too artificial. Different icaros are supposed to have different purposes, so maybe I just played some very specific icaros in the moments when they weren't appropriate?

That was one experience with one recording session though, maybe for you guys it works better.... Let us know ! Smile

nen888
#16 Posted : 10/26/2011 5:10:44 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i've also experienced what you decribe endlessness (i.e recording not working), but i think it is about having the right icaro for the right purpose,
luckily i know what the icaros on my above described recordings are generally for..so i don't play the 'induce purging' one, for instance, if that's already out of the way, or i wouldn't play an 'increase visions' icaro if someone was freaking out..some are more generally spiritual or uplifting, and work in a range of contexts...

blue lunar night
#17 Posted : 7/1/2012 3:09:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are a couple of Icaros that I've been digging lately:

This one seems to be subtly influenced by the awful pop-cheeze dance music prevalent in the Pucallpa discos! But it works! Very happy
Maestro Wiler sings another Ikaro

This one has a more 'roots' vibe:
Icaro of the Boa

lobo
#18 Posted : 12/12/2012 1:58:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a Icaro that i recorded in october with Doña Asencia Sanchez Canayo, and old shaman of the Shipibo Conibo community. A really medicine women.

Soon ill uploaded all the ceremony

iracema
#19 Posted : 7/19/2013 2:08:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

steppa
#20 Posted : 8/27/2014 1:43:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello friends,

I recently sutmbled over icros by accident. I think they maybe useful for what I want.

Want I want is to help good friend out.

He's one of my best, if not even my best friend. So I take this very serios. Now it happens that some things in his life aren't going very well and I believe that he's on the edge of depression.

We talked about this. He is aware of this and he wants to get out of this.

Recently he asked me if we could smoke changa together. It wouldn't be his first time. We smoked changa together before...and it was a good thing. Not very deep cause this was more or less a session for getting the feet wet.

Now I'm pretty sure, that he asked me again, cause he feels, that he can get something out of it. I have the same feeling. I think that this could really be a valuable experience for him, which could help him to...I don't really know how to say this...I mean something like setting him back on track...grounding...adjusting his inner path. ...pointing him in a good direction. Finding back to himself. Things like this...I think you get what I mean. Showing him that beaty lies in everything if one is able t see it. Adjusting his perception a little.

I know him really good (he's the person I know the longest in my life except my parents) and I'm convinced that it's possible to help him (at least a bit) this way.

So what I wanna do I basically help him to set his intention and to accompany him during the session.

I want to play Icaros during this session to give it a feeling of deepness. Deeper meaning. Just hearing icaros during a session brings it to completely different level opposed to just smoalking it without any intention on a sunny day...

Now I'm not all knowledgeble when it comes to icaros. This is why I post here.

Is there anybody who's kind and knowledgable enough to suggest Icaros which aim at what I'm looking for, as I don't want to just use _any_ Icaro. I want it to be intentionally selected for him.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

12NEXT