We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Contemplating a 25g mushroom journey Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 3/27/2023 5:18:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More than twice as much.

With any substance, mushrooms definately included, there's a huge difference between swimming along the shoreline or going in so deep that you can't see the shore no more and you no longer know in wich direction you're swimming.

Just something to think of before you go.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

OneIsEros
#2 Posted : 3/27/2023 5:37:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The one time I did something like that on shrooms it was just a blackout. I didn’t “slowly come to” - it was blackout and then POP back to sobriety. With no clothes on. Thankfully, still in my apartment.

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 3/27/2023 6:58:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I've had a handful above the 10g mark, one being roughly 23g eaten in less than three hours... I barely remember that one... well any of them really. When you go that high a lot gets lost from conscious recall. It just lives within you.

Having a sitter will be wise, but ymmv.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Orion
#4 Posted : 3/27/2023 6:59:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
CRITERIA AND ATTITUDE

1- Dosage: All dosage talk must be reasonable. Talk of extreme doses do not fit the DMT-Nexus. Some people may need specially higher doses due to personal metabolism, or may be sharing a story about some unpropper use, but in those cases it is necessary to add VERY CLEAR disclaimers about how others should not ingest the same dosages.

That is an absolutely stonking huge whopper of a mushroom dose. More than 'heroic', probably 'extreme'. I predict a total blank after a certain level of intensity. The highest I have ever gone was about 10g and I didn't even take them all at once.

I don't remember falling asleep, most of the experience was had in that state and I remember very little of it. I did see a full on hyperspace entity and heard the breathing of the galactic mother... nice... but this is still a much more rocky road to hyperspace than DMT.

I woke up the next morning still very much tripping my sacagawea off. Somehow it wore off sooner than I thought. I don't know if 25g would be as forgiving. You might not remember anything at all. Would that be a bad thing or a good thing ?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

ShamensStamen
#5 Posted : 3/27/2023 7:06:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I say, why not inhibit MAO-A pretty fully and then take a dose of mushrooms and have it be potentiated and lengthened in duration and not have to take nearly as much? To me 3.5 grams can feel like 7 grams with proper MAO-A inhibition, so 12.5 grams (or your 11 grams) could be pretty much nearabout 25 grams with MAO-A inhibition.

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 3/27/2023 7:22:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, very very carefully consider the strain. Some have much higher alkaloid content than others.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Quetzal7
#7 Posted : 3/27/2023 10:44:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm not experience with extreme dosage (8-10g is my max so far)
but i do know that IMAO are much trickier. Even at smaller dosage. They sometimes (rarely) remove the "i know i'm tripping" feeling... and that when things can escalate in the wrong wya...

doubledog
#8 Posted : 3/28/2023 8:34:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This strongly depends on which kind or variety of shrooms you have and how you plan to consume them.

I would also suggest psilohuasca (personally, I like caapi extract sublingually 5 min before mushroom tea) it produces richer, more intense experience with higher significance for personal growth and spirituality, ime.

Mushroom dose should be of course lowered (half of normal dose) with psilohuasca.

doubledog
#9 Posted : 3/28/2023 10:44:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ime tea from powdered shrooms with some lemon or lime juice is more effective, quicker and stronger.
Golden teachers cubensis have quite low potency, so I understand the need for higher dose.

Kobranek
#10 Posted : 3/28/2023 11:05:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Suggest getting a miraculix test kit to test potency. My GT's hit 30 mg/g of psilocybin. Less is more. Find your sweet spot. Keep in mind tolerance builds quickly if dosing weekly. Space out doses at least every two weeks to get full effect with minimal tolerance build up. If feeling ballsy try the Dona Maria Sabina method by quiding the mushrooms in your mouth if you can stand the taste, very efficient method with absorbing the actives. Best of luck fellow explorer!

endlessness
#11 Posted : 3/28/2023 12:06:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do not recommend, seems very unsafe in terms of potential physical accidents, uncontrollable freak outs and so on. Please have someone stronger then you as a sitter if you must do this.

Our attitude is not to babysit anyone, you will do whatever you will do in your private life. But to talk about such doses without considering the risks and adding propper disclaimers mightgive the wrong impression to those with less experience that this is normal, desirable or safe. Its not about you.

IMO it makes no sense and is very reckless to go from 11g to 20+g.. Years ago when i was young and reckless i also tried pushing my boundaries and thankfully things didnt end badly, becaise they could have. Also funny enough, with the exact same batch, after couple of years of evolving in different aspects of my life, i tried half the dosage i used to have and had a very unexpected asskicking. So be mindful that may happen too.

If you must, despite other people's opinion (and if thats the case why ask for peoples opinions if you are set on doing it regardless?), push your boundaries, why not go gradually? Why not raise from 11 to 12? And then a month after if you still havemt had enough, 13.. and so on? If you are meant to get there to 20+g, you'll be able to withstand everything in between.. and if you get to your limit before that, then consider yourself saved from a potential disaster

Tomtegubbe
#12 Posted : 3/28/2023 1:26:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a bit unrelated, but my psychedelic journey has led me to lower my doses and exercise my mind to get on the train when the effects are more subtle. That builds a bridge between every day and hyperspace reality so you have more to bring back.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Pandora
#13 Posted : 3/28/2023 2:10:20 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

OrangeEnergy,

I've been trying to resist the urge to post in this thread but clearly my self control has broken down.

I think you may misunderstand what is going on in this thread. It's not that people are trying to be some sort of thought police with you. It's that they have a lot of experience and understand all too well how things can go right and just how pear shaped things really can go. We have had members in the past who have taken so called heroic and extreme doses who have wound up in psychiatric wards and in police custody. There is a strong orientation towards harm reduction here. This site is not like other drug or websites. Not even close.

It demands that we be mature enough to play by a higher set of rules when we post.

Of course we are all free to do whatever we want and live with the consequences in our individual lives and we are free to be here or to not be here as we desire. But our posts are not going to change the way this place was, is and will continue to be. So, I would encourage you to embrace a type of acceptance and an understanding that people really do care about You.

Why are you not willing to titrate up?

You keep saying you want to hear what other people's experiences were like and yet they keep telling you that at very high doses they blacked out, got in trouble, woke up drooling and naked and still feeling out of control. I'm intrigued that you are not seeing what I am seeing, not reading what I am reading.

You say you are over 50 but I don't see a sharp intention other than curiosity. What are you trying to achieve in terms of personal growth or insight? I would be very concerned if your answer was I don't know especially as you are over 50.

As a person who is also over 50 I find a modicum of caution and calmness has entered my life. The decades have given me quite the perspective to reflect upon. I try not to do anything without sharp intention in my life at this point.

I know we are not the same but apparently we are of the same age range and I'm wondering if you actually do have a sharp intention,

If for some reason you do not I would counsel that this is reason to pause.

The truth is if this is a good idea today then it will be a good idea in 2 weeks. It will be a good idea in 6 months. It will be a good idea a year from now.

As far as I can tell no one is trying to attack you or babysit you. They really care. Please take some time and carefully reread the entire thread.

Hoping you stay safe, happy, healthy and sane.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Voidmatrix
#14 Posted : 3/28/2023 2:28:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
If there is one thing I dislike about this site, it is people jumping in and posting the attitude page the instant someone makes a comment that even remotely alludes to something not acceptable, and the somewhat judgemental way people come across when you try and discuss things that they consider 'unproper'.

Sorry you feel that way, but safety comes first in this community. Perhaps familiarize yourself more with that page to prevent feelings of the same kind in the future.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall anyone judging you. That may be in your head.

One love

Voidmatrix
#15 Posted : 3/28/2023 3:48:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
Yes, maybe.
I am all for safety, but what I am not for is having to put disclaimers on every statement I make that some person just might misinterpret and do something silly. If I jump off a building, is it my fault that someone else might follow me, or do we need to take personal responsibility, and accept that some people are always going to make poor choices. I know I have, and I have not looked to blame others for them.
This is (just) one of my bugbears, and it links in to how I feel the world has been dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. It feels like constantly having a child in the room that you have to moderate your conversation for, even when the conversation is an adult one.
I'm not going to say any more on this, but nor am I going to lose any sleep over foolish people doing foolish things.

I definitely understand and respect your position. Unfortunately, it's because people on the whole aren't the most thoughtful and are impressionable that we have to cover our bases with such caveats.

It would be nice if safety was implicit when one considers their own actions. I am confident however, that there's a number of people out there that may see this thread, and without safety concerns, may try a similar dosage without being properly prepared, if we hadn't shared thoughts about that being a heavy dose.

That said, if you follow through, do let us know how it goes. I'm curiousSmile
One love

endlessness
#16 Posted : 3/28/2023 3:56:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
Yes, maybe.
I am all for safety, but what I am not for is having to put disclaimers on every statement I make that some person just might misinterpret and do something silly. If I jump off a building, is it my fault that someone else might follow me, or do we need to take personal responsibility, and accept that some people are always going to make poor choices. I know I have, and I have not looked to blame others for them.
This is (just) one of my bugbears, and it links in to how I feel the world has been dumbed down to the lowest common denominator. It feels like constantly having a child in the room that you have to moderate your conversation for, even when the conversation is an adult one.
I'm not going to say any more on this, but nor am I going to lose any sleep over foolish people doing foolish things.

You're free to have your opinion of course, and express them here if you're doing it in a respectful non combative manner.

The policies at the Nexus were not decided in a day, they were the results of many iterations, push and pulls and adaptation, discussion of a varied mod crew over many years. We find that our policies are the best way to provide a safe, respecting environment that allows for mature discussion and advanced science based psychedelic research. You have many other forums to choose from, which you may find suit your preferences better, or even start your own if you think you can create a better environment... But if you decide this is the forum you want to spend your time on, don't expect us to cheer you on jumping from 11 dried grams to 25g without recognizing the obvious risks and putting the right disclaimers for those less experienced then you. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

OneIsEros
#17 Posted : 3/28/2023 4:35:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
I have considered the risks, and am asking for people's opinions who have experience that is relevant.
I have read of people taking these higher doses who have been miniaturised and journeyed around their body, discovering the root cause of issues manifesting physically. I have a condition I would like to explore, and this is why I am contemplating this, not for a pissing contest or bragging rights.

Ah, now I can probably throw in some meaningful input. Probably more than your average head. I have done exactly this, to the point that I have attained some level of intentionality over it.

Yes, the first time I had a physically healing experience was on a MASSIVE overdose of LSD. I took 2 tabs of orange sunshine, 300 ug per tab, so 600 ug overall. It was made in homage to the original orange sunshine of the 1960’s, the LSD Avengers tested it and said it had the clearest reaction they’d ever seen, and the largest dose they’d ever seem. Now that I know what a real 300 ug dose is, I understand what all the stories of people losing their shit on acid back in the day are about. The first bit of it was just swirling colours - not a blackout, but incapable of recognizing my physical surroundings - my name was floating around and I was desperately trying to figure out who it was. I didn’t know my own name. I just knew it was important somehow. Later, when I had come down enough to know my name and my surroundings, I had my first ever spontaneous mystical experience wherein I believed I was God. Metaphysically, who knows. Maybe the Vedantins and the Neoplatonists are on to something. Or perhaps it was just a profoundly helpful delusion. Either way, I had not been able to turn my neck to the right for three years because of an injury. I whipped my head around, CRUNCH, the sober people babysitting me asked ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!?! and - YES!!! I FIXED IT!!!! Permanently. It was miraculous. I had been to therapists to no avail. It was incredible.

It was not the last time I had an experience like that. Hit and miss, but, spontaneously, randomly, not requiring such massive doses, I continued to enter that headspace on psychedelics. Only LSD ever gave me the “one with God” message - ayahuasca got me to that healing space much more reliably, with no accompanying metaphysical suppositions. But after a while, I got frustrated with the randomness. How to make it reliable?

That’s when I began serious meditation - with the intention of being able to learn how to meditate WHILE tripping. For hours. And so I did. It worked. When I learned how to meditate for hours at a time in single unbroken sessions, sober, I had developed my concentration enough that I could do it on psychedelics, and I entered the mystical healing space reliably.

The pinnacle of mastery of this can be illustrated in the following story. A few years agoI had violent epileptic seizures and dislocated both of my shoulders and wrenched my back and gave myself scoliosis. I had a nerve in my spine being pinched, that would, shoot from zero to a ten on a pain scale every single day multiple times throughout the day. It was horrible. And I knew: I need to fix this, with ayahuasca. I took the ayahuasca, and I meditated. When I entered the samadhi state, my energy made me lay down on the ground, and I began rocking back and forth on my back, and the most delightful CRUNCHING filled the room as I laughed like a baby, profusely thanking the ayahuasca. Never again did that nerve pinching happen. That’s right: I did it intentionally.

CAN a massive dose spontaneously heal you? Yes. Is it LIKELY to? No. It is highly unlikely you’ll do anything other than get yourself fucked up. It CAN work - it’s just extremely unlikely to work. My way, is very likely to work, if you put in the work, to make it work. It is not easy, but it is reliable.

If you want something reliable, it takes work. A lot of work. Sober work. Which you then apply in the trip. This is how I did it. There are other methods. Skillset is the best way to do healing work with psychedelics in any reliable fashion. The general thing is: simple, repetetive rhythm, for hours at a time, no breaks in between - continuous and sustained. Drumming, dancing, chanting, singing, or - in my case - mindful breathing, until mental unification is achieved.

That’s how you do it. If this sounds like too much work (wouldn’t blame you, it is work) - I hope the crapshoot of a massive dose works. It can work! But it’s unlikely to work. But best of luck. I hope it does not result in the more likely scenario of hurting yourself.

dragonrider
#18 Posted : 3/28/2023 5:12:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The amount of 25 grams does not say that much to me. Different mushroom species and strains have different concentrations of tryptamines, i don't know if you mean fresh or dried shrooms and some people have a massive tolerance as well.

What is relevant in this context, is that 25 grams is more than twice as much as something that the way you described it, already completely severed you from everyday reality.

I would just say that at some point, taking more just has no added value anymore.

And it is theorethically possible for mushrooms to produce fugue states, where a person loses consciousness and starts wandering around aimlessly. Like a zombie.

Substances with 5ht1a activity tend to produce such effects. Psilocin does have 5ht1a activity, but that effect is normally just very small.

Tomtegubbe
#19 Posted : 3/28/2023 7:16:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:

dragonrider - yes, I see and agree with what you are saying. I suppose the desire to go very large (I am talking dried) is kind of based in the desire to want to be healed, without really putting in the work, as OneIsEros states. A lazy attitude that I guess is far more likely to lead to an unpleasant outcome.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I might understand your sentiment. When I began with ayahuasca, I just wanted to take the risks and go deep even though the experiences were at times very frightening. However, I was committed to get forward and very motivated to do the work and take in the lessions. I wanted to move forward fast and I believe I made the right choices. Still it's something I wouldn't recommend anyone, but everyone has their calling.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Toshido
#20 Posted : 3/28/2023 10:34:01 PM

Research & Development

Voidmatrix wrote:
I definitely understand and respect your position. Unfortunately, it's because people on the whole aren't the most thoughtful and are impressionable that we have to cover our bases with such caveats.

This is true. You have to assume that newcomers don't have the breadth of knowledge or experience that most of us have, and that's true even to myself. I simply cannot imagine taking more than 5 grams, and although that may be a testament to my delicate sensibilities and difficulty letting go, you have to understand that these substances affect people differently. I've heard of high mushroom doses doing nothing to certain individuals. If I found out that I took 25 grams by mistake (however that would happen lol) I would call an ambulance!

I don't think Void was making a lazy personal jab, I think he was just trying to convey the overall encompassing nature of harm reduction as it may pertain to anyone who might stumble on this thread. Please forgive me if I'm mistaken. I love every one here equally, and could just be talking out of my...
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

12NEXT