We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Do You Regret Doing Breakthrough?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes I regret 0 0 %
No I am happy 16 100 %

12NEXT
Do You Regret Doing Breakthrough? Options

goodone22
#1 Posted : 12/27/2022 3:45:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't answer if you haven't done breakthrough yet.
i think there should be this kind of polls in this forum and i searched about it but i couldn't find anything similar here.
this statistic can help people to find out if breakthrough is often good for them or not.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 12/27/2022 4:02:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Nope, not a one. Not even the most difficult, dark and shattering. Or the ones that drive my anxiety about entering the spaceLaughing

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Icyseeker
#3 Posted : 12/28/2022 12:21:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For sure grateful for my experience. Thumbs up
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

fink
#4 Posted : 12/28/2022 1:28:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You're asking if tennis is a fun sport on a forum dedicated to tennis enthusiasts.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

acacian
#5 Posted : 12/29/2022 5:17:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
You're asking if tennis is a fun sport on a forum dedicated to tennis enthusiasts.

Laughing

Most of us here probably regret not breaking through .. usually my only regret

I can sense from your posts that you are a little nervous about going the full mile.. I remember the first couple times I tried DMT I thought.. “jeez.. this is so powerful and I know I’m not even there yet.”.. and there’s definitely no rush to go there.. but I’ll also add that dmt breakthroughs themselves kind of dissolve the nerves once they take grip. I’m always a little nervous before going there.. I’ve only ever had incredible experiences. Sure.. throw a few scary moments in there but even those experiences resolved beautifully.. and meaningfully

aethereon
#6 Posted : 12/29/2022 5:59:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I appreciate hearing all thatz, for me I've yet to fully go beyond the chrysanthemumz... does seems like such a herculean task. But I also think I could have a larger tolerance in gereral and loading an' just powerhauling those megahits is a bit unnerving... I always felt like I came short... to varying degrees, and for varying reasons. But still didn't regret things and always chalked it up to 'the process' and kinda just took what I could from the experiences. Which was still a lot, and certainly times I felt quite close to being 'fully there' and of course there always is that egoic thinking of "holy crap this is insane, just image imagine 5d version of this or whatever" and of course it will get your heart racing. I think it's in the hyperspace lexicon or the wiki or something I read and it was talking about how with other drugs the ego kinda "tricks" you with wanting whereas the spice is the opposite, making you avert... quite peculiar that... anyways yeah I really am curious to have that experience but in a no-rush-to-have-it sense. While still wanting it because yeah, honestly it has been years since those "early days" with my old "the machine" and horrible technique...

acacian wrote:
fink wrote:

Laughing

Most of us here probably regret not breaking through .. usually my only regret

I can sense from your posts that you are a little nervous about going the full mile.. I remember the first couple times I tried DMT I thought.. “jeez.. this is so powerful and I know I’m not even there yet.”.. and there’s definitely no rush to go there.. but I’ll also add that dmt breakthroughs themselves kind of dissolve the nerves once they take grip. I’m always a little nervous before going there.. I’ve only ever had incredible experiences. Sure.. throw a few scary moments in there but even those experiences resolved beautifully.. and meaningfully

acacian
#7 Posted : 12/29/2022 6:41:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

aethereon wrote:
I think it's in the hyperspace lexicon or the wiki or something I read and it was talking about how with other drugs the ego kinda "tricks" you with wanting whereas the spice is the opposite, making you avert... quite peculiar that... anyways yeah I really am curious to have that experience but in a no-rush-to-have-it sense. While still wanting it because yeah, honestly it has been years since those "early days" with my old "the machine" and horrible technique...

Yeah.. I think especially if you hit a pre-breakthrough dose.. theres this last bit of your ego that's just like doing everything to call it a day at the current strength. Almost always helps not listening to that and pushing towards the level of immersion you'd agreed on prior..but that's just me.

Like others have said in other threads.. its also totally fine to not do psychedelics. A bit of nervousness is okay but you want to feel overall positive about diving in. If your not feeling that then don't do it... yet. I hope you find the answers you are looking for goodone22

Mister_Niles
#8 Posted : 12/29/2022 11:48:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
My only breakthrough experience left me feeling so utterly blissed out that I don't understand why I am nervous about attempting breakthrough again, but certainly no regrets.

That's common. I have no ideas how many times I've broken through and I still have a difficult time talking myself into vaping dmt. Then I go back in and I'm like: What was I worried about?

Don't force it though. There are valid reasons you feel the way you do. The ego doesn't like being put in time out in such an abrupt way. I guess. And the body load is intense. The entire experience is intense. It's like going to another universe, so, being nervous is understandable.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 12/29/2022 4:50:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OrangeEnergy wrote:
Mister_Niles wrote:

That's common. I have no ideas how many times I've broken through and I still have a difficult time talking myself into vaping dmt. Then I go back in and I'm like: What was I worried about?

Don't force it though. There are valid reasons you feel the way you do. The ego doesn't like being put in time out in such an abrupt way. I guess. And the body load is intense. The entire experience is intense. It's like going to another universe, so, being nervous is understandable.

Yeah, thanks. I've not been in a great mental space of late, and smoking the enhanced leaf I've made with my first extraction attempts has been very nice on occasion, but also somewhat unpleasantly agitating.
Feeling in a better place after the break, so am going to load a breakthrough bowl when I get home and shove off.

Laughing You guys have probably noticed me mention/whine about this aspect of the experience. It used to really really bother me, but now it's kinda meh whatever. I have some things to explore as well so taking my merry time getting back to where I would like to be.

Putting too much pressure on ourselves moves us further from the goal.

And dealing with the apprehension and trepidation is a pattern. I as well have almost always come to the point of, "and what was a worried about again?" Only to deal with it the very next time lol.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 12/29/2022 6:14:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe i'm a tad dissapointed that i didn't become some kind of enlightened monk overnight.

Otherwise i'm fine.

Mister_Niles
#11 Posted : 12/29/2022 6:53:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
[quote=OrangeEnergy][quote=Mister_Niles]

Laughing You guys have probably noticed me mention/whine about this aspect of the experience. It used to really really bother me, but now it's kinda meh whatever. I have some things to explore as well so taking my merry time getting back to where I would like to be.

Ha! I don't consider it whining all. I just now remembered that I had actually written a response to you but got distracted or something and didn't finish it. I was telling you a story about how I used to go through these periods in which I would be driving down the road, nowhere near the time or place I was next planning to vape and I would start stressing out about it. It's definitely not a good way to get yourself into a good mindset. I was driving myself nuts with it. It was a waste of energy and manufactured anxiety.

One day after going through this for awhile I said "screw it" and I went home and, stupidly, went into hyperspace.
It was a huge mistake.
The trip started by seemingly descending on me as a writhing mass of black, eyeless, mouthless snakes, and then:

I was in a city.
I could see the skyline of the city proper in the distance. I was in some sort of industrial park in the outskirts of town. I was lying on the street with one side of my face painfully pressing into the concrete. I could feel the air and smell the city smells with the distinct overtone of leather. The sky was a beautiful pink and purple sunset, broken up by the skyscrapers in the distance.
The reason my face hurt and I could also smell leather was that there was a police woman of sorts, stepping on my neck with her boot. She was gazing down on me in contempt. She was beautiful in her disdain for me, and I could hear her thoughts. They were a litany of insults and admonitions. "You know better than this. You know not to come here unless you are properly prepared. This is not a game. This is not a toy to be played with." I'm leaving out the expletives.

It went on FOREVER. Like... weeks. That's what it felt like. Just that static tableaux. On and on. The clouds moving through a permanent pink sunset. Occasional traffic sounds in the distance and the sound of her voice in my head. It was traumatizing. I can still see that skyline as I write this and it's been years.
I'll tell you this though. It cured me of that BS. I still get nervous, but only right before I prepare. I only go in when I am sure I'm ready and have a good reason.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Voidmatrix
#12 Posted : 12/29/2022 11:06:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister_Niles wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
[quote=OrangeEnergy][quote=Mister_Niles]

Ha! I don't consider it whining all. I just now remembered that I had actually written a response to you but got distracted or something and didn't finish it. I was telling you a story about how I used to go through these periods in which I would be driving down the road, nowhere near the time or place I was next planning to vape and I would start stressing out about it. It's definitely not a good way to get yourself into a good mindset. I was driving myself nuts with it. It was a waste of energy and manufactured anxiety.

One day after going through this for awhile I said "screw it" and I went home and, stupidly, went into hyperspace.
It was a huge mistake.
The trip started by seemingly descending on me as a writhing mass of black, eyeless, mouthless snakes, and then:

I was in a city.
I could see the skyline of the city proper in the distance. I was in some sort of industrial park in the outskirts of town. I was lying on the street with one side of my face painfully pressing into the concrete. I could feel the air and smell the city smells with the distinct overtone of leather. The sky was a beautiful pink and purple sunset, broken up by the skyscrapers in the distance.
The reason my face hurt and I could also smell leather was that there was a police woman of sorts, stepping on my neck with her boot. She was gazing down on me in contempt. She was beautiful in her disdain for me, and I could hear her thoughts. They were a litany of insults and admonitions. "You know better than this. You know not to come here unless you are properly prepared. This is not a game. This is not a toy to be played with." I'm leaving out the expletives.

It went on FOREVER. Like... weeks. That's what it felt like. Just that static tableaux. On and on. The clouds moving through a permanent pink sunset. Occasional traffic sounds in the distance and the sound of her voice in my head. It was traumatizing. I can still see that skyline as I write this and it's been years.
I'll tell you this though. It cured me of that BS. I still get nervous, but only right before I prepare. I only go in when I am sure I'm ready and have a good reason.

Thank you very much for that.

Thank you for sharing also. Would you consider that experience a hyperslap?

I've had a mild hyperslap once and it was my fifth DMT journey. It actually lent itself to my being away from it for about 6 years. Journey #4 was the same day and toward the end I received the insight to take it easy with experience. After #4, I sent several people into hyperspace, but then saw there was some left in the bowl. Not wanting to waste it (which was at least a little bit of an excuse) I finished the bowl. The entity that first saw me and was my guide gave me a vibe of disappointment, then effectively shrugged, encapsulated me in a bubble, and took me through a dark realm of torment with other entities, some tormenting each other. While noticing me none of them interacted with me.

While I haven't had a hyperslap since, I have been to some dark places as well. These experiences tend to drive fear and can have levels of discomfort and alarm, but I find these too to be fascinating and growth inducing.

Now, what I'll share next could very well be in my head. It could also be external to me. I entertain all possibilities. But a couple years ago I noticed a "voice" that seems to always be present with me, but nonlocal. This voice (perhaps entity) seems inextricably linked to DMT, my practice, usage, and approach. It seems to appreciate and support me, especially when it comes to working in hyperspace. It likes to head me off with a "you're welcome" just as I begin thinking "thank you." It's also kinda sassy in a playful way. Sometimes it tells me not to say my invocation for DMT!

I share this, because despite this felt sense of support, it's still hard to push myself the distance I'd like to go. One conscious thought, despite my reverence, respect, and experience, is a worry that it's going to punish me (stems from childhood). Another is a reflection of my level of confidence because I wonder "will I be able to handle it," despite being "in the game" with psychedelics for a long time.

One love

Mister_Niles
#13 Posted : 12/30/2022 11:00:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
[quote=Mister_Niles][quote=Voidmatrix][quote=OrangeEnergy][quote=Mister_Niles]

Thank you for sharing also. Would you consider that experience a hyperslap?

Yes. I would. Just not an action packed hyper slap.

I've had worse. The really nasty one was... really nasty. But I grew from it. Just like I grew from the boot on neck one.

As for the lingering entity contact. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was talking to a friend about your post last night and I discussed this with her. She brought up Plato's daemon idea and the idea that at some point, people may have had no inner voice. I brought up Freud and how weird it is that we still use his terminology for the parts of the self as if they are gospel. We have a limited view of what the self is. I suspect that we are multifaceted beyond what we usually consider. If we can have one voice that is "ourselves", why not 10? I personally suspect that the versions of us we see in different situations are like separate personalities in a way. They are compartmentalized and come out when we need them.

We don't know what dmt entities are. I like the idea that they are ancestors. I completely believe it when I'm in hyperspace. Ancestors and aliens. The collective consciousness of everything. As if hyperspace is populated with every being that has ever lived or will live. When I'm away from that place I take a more agnostic view, and I return to more standard, scientific explanations and ideas for the entities.

I'm too tired to attempt laying it all out, but I've had lingering entity contact. It lasted for several days. I had two entities riding in my head for about a week. One male, one female. They felt totally separate from "me". They seemed helpful, providing different perspectives on things and stuff like that. One of them was like a pre-echo. The guy would sometimes utter words before someone in the room with me said them, making me think it was seeing 10 seconds or so into the future. Or, that I was seeing into the future. Or he would tell me stuff that was about to happen. I have no idea what it was all about. Was I perceiving time in a different way? Who knows?

It was freaky. There have been other oddities and my family has seen and confirmed the strangeness. There have been incredible stacks of synchronicity that we're undeniable. Psychic stuff. I have no explanation and try not to look for one. It seems futile and crazy making. I think it's a trap a lot of people fall into when they mess with the unknown. I just say: This is weird and cool! And move on with my day.

- Art Van D'lay

PolarisZ
#14 Posted : 12/31/2022 2:14:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The results could just be a case of suvivors bias, since the people who regretted it won't stick around a place like this.

Quote:

While I haven't had a hyperslap since, I have been to some dark places as well. These experiences tend to drive fear and can have levels of discomfort and alarm, but I find these too to be fascinating and growth inducing.

This makes me think. I've had some lesser hyperslaps, I've had trips that were quite unpleasant. But none of them were the traumatic. Awful at the time, shaken immediately afterwards, but they didn't leave any lingering pain. Almost as if it were just enough for a lesson to shape future behavior, (or the thought of "lol it was just a headache" ). At worst just frustration of what I didn't get.

LeftEyeOfHorus
#15 Posted : 12/31/2022 2:52:15 AM

Hello

fink wrote:

is there not a section itself titled, reasons not to take DMT?

Voidmatrix
#16 Posted : 12/31/2022 2:58:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LeftEyeOfHorus wrote:
fink wrote:

There sure is.

Very happy

One love

fink
#17 Posted : 12/31/2022 2:26:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LeftEyeOfHorus wrote:
fink wrote:

Indeed there is. However, does it not seem that a poll about regretting a breakthrough, conducted here with active nexus members, will have results wildly leaning towards one side? Goodone has been weighing up the decision to trip for a while now with multiple threads like this so I am assuming this poll is a further attempt to influence this decision.

Perhaps some people who have had traumatic experiences or permanent negative outcomes due to DMT have visited this forum on occasion though I doubt many of them check back in regularly enough to make a poll useful in the context it is being asked here.

People who stick around here and actively check back in with high frequency are almost certain to be enthusiasts of the experience. That is what this place is, a collection of like minded travellers, sheltered from the billions of people who would never dream of taking it or have tried it but found it a terrible experience.

The results will reflect that yet the answer may still be the wrong decision for the OP.

goodone22
#18 Posted : 12/31/2022 3:19:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
LeftEyeOfHorus wrote:
fink wrote:

Indeed there is. However, does it not seem that a poll about regretting a breakthrough, conducted here with active nexus members, will have results wildly leaning towards one side? Goodone has been weighing up the decision to trip for a while now with multiple threads like this so I am assuming this poll is a further attempt to influence this decision.

Perhaps some people who have had traumatic experiences or permanent negative outcomes due to DMT have visited this forum on occasion though I doubt many of them check back in regularly enough to make a poll useful in the context it is being asked here.

People who stick around here and actively check back in with high frequency are almost certain to be enthusiasts of the experience. That is what this place is, a collection of like minded travellers, sheltered from the billions of people who would never dream of taking it or have tried it but found it a terrible experience.

The results will reflect that yet the answer may still be the wrong decision for the OP.

good to here your words.very wise
i have thought about it but still i wanted to see if these enthusiasts did ever regret or not.
although people are different but its a hint for me that it isn't that devil substance some say.
i know a seller around my place he says i burnt a lot of DMT worthing thousands of dollars.because he thinks its a bad devilish substance.so when i see results of the poll,people are satisified with dmt experience i know what that seller said isn't pretty much correct.and i understand its possible to be happy with dmt.because some people say its impossible.

acacian
#19 Posted : 12/31/2022 9:19:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That us a great point fink, I think Vovin or House did a great post some years back as to some good reasons not to smoke dmt.. will probbably be stickied.. will have a search

fink
#20 Posted : 12/31/2022 9:28:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Double post..doh!

12NEXT