We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT
what midjourney can do Options

Voidmatrix
#101 Posted : 1/17/2023 10:36:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

MAGMA17 wrote:
For example, how do we make an algorithm of the poetic vision of things? we don't even know how it works or where it comes from.

If I'm not mistaken, auto prompts for text and AI poetry already exists. Have some fun with this. It can actually be hilarious.

However, ML simply has to assess a pool of similar data to then create its own through inputs.

One love

Edit:

MAGMA17 wrote:
This doesn't mean I am making art.

What is art? Laughing couldn't help myself
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#102 Posted : 1/17/2023 10:55:45 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

MAGMA17 wrote:
This doesn't mean I am making art.

Dahling, every moment can be lived as art. Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

MAGMA17
#103 Posted : 1/17/2023 11:02:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

What is art? Laughing couldn't help myself

It is certainly a rhetorical question, given that what cannot be proved can be denied in so many ways.

I have my own idea, but I should write a papyrus, and I don't think anyone is interested in that Laughing

A good way to get to the point is to start by saying what something is not. And a papyrus should also be written on why what I said before is not making art. Laughing

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Dahling, every moment can be lived as art. Laughing

Cool Cool

Voidmatrix
#104 Posted : 1/17/2023 11:08:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Duchamp comes to mind... Twisted Evil

One love

What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

MAGMA17
#105 Posted : 1/18/2023 6:55:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Duchamp comes to mind... Twisted Evil

One love

In this case the intention is everything, and the idea becomes the artistic object.

Nydex
#106 Posted : 1/18/2023 11:10:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Have some fun with this. It can actually be hilarious

This is actually hilarious Big grin Big grin Big grin The mindless rhetoric it gargles out entertains me greatly. Thank you for sharing this gem!
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

dragonrider
#107 Posted : 1/18/2023 11:40:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
Have some fun with this. It can actually be hilarious

This is actually hilarious Big grin Big grin Big grin The mindless rhetoric it gargles out entertains me greatly. Thank you for sharing this gem!

I just tried it and found it actually made more sense than most of these "enlightened guru's".

Maybe in a distant future, some archeologists are gonna dig up this by then ancient bullshitgenerator and it will be seen as an oracle. The beginning of a new religion.

Nydex
#108 Posted : 1/18/2023 2:16:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
I just tried it and found it actually made more sense than most of these "enlightened guru's".

It does sometimes make more sense indeed Big grin

dragonrider wrote:
Maybe in a distant future, some archeologists are gonna dig up this by then ancient bullshitgenerator and it will be seen as an oracle. The beginning of a new religion.

Now that's a short story I'd love to read. "Bullshitology" and its followers - the bullshitters. But then again, how different will that be from the present? Smile
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

justB612
#109 Posted : 1/18/2023 2:18:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
Now that's a short story I'd love to read. "Bullshitology" and its followers - the bullshitters. But then again, how different will that be from the present? Smile

The program does not have malicious intent Very happy
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

Nydex
#110 Posted : 1/18/2023 2:26:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

justB612 wrote:
Nydex wrote:

The program does not have malicious intent Very happy

Maybe, but let's not forget Hanlon's Razor:
Quote:
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Maybe what's happening right now is just an effect of widespread, deep ignorance and shortsightedness.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Bill Cipher
#111 Posted : 1/20/2023 5:25:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gathering momentum now. Getty Images has brought forth a lawsuit against Stability AI in the UK.

So that's two this month. If one or both of them win, just watch the floodgates burst open.

https://www.businessinsi...-stable-diffusion-2023-1

Nydex
#112 Posted : 1/20/2023 6:01:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
Gathering momentum now. Getty Images has brought forth a lawsuit against Stability AI in the UK.

So that's two this month. If one or both of them win, just watch the floodgates burst open.

This is exciting, keeping my fingers crossed. Some form of governance is critically needed before this thing gets out of hand.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

jungleheart
#113 Posted : 1/21/2023 8:39:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:

Yippie!

Mitakuye Oyasin
#114 Posted : 1/23/2023 12:31:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting perspective in this video below. It starts with the Monkey Selfie and the copyright issue behind the photo. Copyright can only be held by a human, not a monkey.
https://en.wikipedia.org...selfie_copyright_dispute

Using the same logic it concludes that AI art cannot be have a copyright because there is no human artist that created it. I'm sure there is lots of legal and artistic grey area here and so called 'artists' who use AI programs to create new art will of course claim they are the human behind the art, even though the AI created it, not them. Murky legal territory for sure.

A Monkey is Ruining AI Art
https://www.youtube.com/...h?v=jEtlBznkmiE&t=1s

Terence McKenna said the future will be absurd and the future seems to be proving him correct.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Jin
#115 Posted : 3/4/2023 9:25:03 PM

yes

Bill Cipher wrote:

I say fuck. them. all. I hope the companies are bankrupted, the founders are bankrupted, and all thieving end users who've made any money whatsoever are bankrupted.

Amen

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Jin
#116 Posted : 3/4/2023 11:14:00 PM

yes

I was also thinking real Artists can use proof-of-work system to differentiate themselves from AI Artists by recording videos while working whether screenrecording Or through a camera for canvases and use that as a selling point to get better price and develop a sense of exclusiveness to their Art

This might just be enough to defame AI art globally and make sure that anyone doesn't start calling themselves an Artist because they can type a few prompts

Also watermarking digital images is a good idea if uploading on the internet,

tougher times call for weirder measures Twisted Evil

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Bill Cipher
#117 Posted : 3/5/2023 12:15:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think most digital artists are pretty enthusiastic about sharing wire frames, time lapses, etc., and lots of traditional painters and sculptors will post WIPs (works in progress) as they go. It is more of a necessity now, as you say, to differentiate oneself from the machine, but real artists don't shy away from providing receipts for their efforts.

As far as watermarks go though, that won't really help you in this regard. The ultimate answer is legislation and litigation, but whether or not they will stem the tide I guess only time will tell.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#118 Posted : 3/5/2023 12:31:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One good victory - The US Copyright Office says an AI can’t copyright its art. “Courts have been consistent in finding that non-human expression is ineligible for copyright protection” -Feb 2023.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Toshido
#119 Posted : 3/7/2023 3:34:24 AM

Research & Development

Bill Cipher wrote:
As far as watermarks go though, that won't really help you in this regard. The ultimate answer is legislation and litigation, but whether or not they will stem the tide I guess only time will tell.

Once legacy media starts putting water marks on their propaganda and fake news segments, then we can start worrying about watermarks on AI images, as I find that our greater level of trust in the government and "world happenings" to be more important than this very new problem in the art community we are facing.

My point is... I doubt anything is ever gonna be done about it. We've gone past the point of no return and critical mass is inevitable at this point. I'm sure sculptors were upset when 3D printing came out, just as video editors like myself were upset when everyone was handed an iPhone that edits videos for them. Only a matter of time before you can AI generate 3D images that you make in Maya. The video AI is already coming out right now. We're a species that loves technology, and we've all already become androids. You can't stop it.

Best you can do is adapt by outperforming the AI art, or switch careers, which obviously no one should have to do. I did both.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

PsyloCiBeen
#120 Posted : 3/7/2023 8:44:22 PM

In Silence I Been

This is really interesting because it points a deeper problem. We keep on seeing technology as a saviour yet we are stuck with the same egos and patterns. Technology will not produce lasting change or art that can truly transform you when you see it. In Indian classical music it's called swara, which is how much of your souls expression you can put into a note. The true artists channels work from deep within and transforms that onto the canvass or instrument. No AI is going to be able to achieve that and simply copying and replacing other artists work is cheap imitation which will not really move one. Yes it will deceive the masses as formulaic pop music and auto tuning does but true artists and seekers of the truth will see it for what it is, cheap imitations without soul.

It's the same problem with creating technological solutions to environmental problems when what we should really be focusing on is changing human behaviour and our morals and ethics and our relationship to the earth. Short cuts lead to long delays and eventually these plagiarising AIs will create generations that cant draw, research or sing for themselves. If the current trajectory holds we wil be thrust into a wasteland of regurgitated art, writing and music. A bleak landscape where no appreciation is given to true art and the value of every creative pursuit becomes diminished.
mama matrix most mysterious

In the gforce of the carrier wave when my ego starts melting away I truly realize that I am who I am and yet everything that I say and say I did is an illusion. Any similarities in any name, form or experiences to a human being (past, present or future) is purely coincidental and no harm was intended first do harmalas

«PREV45678NEXT