We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678910NEXT»
Movie bin Options

Elpo
#141 Posted : 7/8/2013 1:10:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just saw the documentary I Am Shadyac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYtfnONazTU

Really loved it.
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

hixidom
#142 Posted : 7/19/2013 8:12:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Beyond The Black Rainbow

What the heck is going on here? Anyways, it looks interesting. I just noticed that it came out last year, so I'll see if I can find it somewhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWF0bBKhe6o

EDIT: Just watched it on Netflix, and WTLF?! I don't recommend it.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

The Day Tripper
#143 Posted : 7/20/2013 12:59:21 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Just watched the original wizard of oz.

Haven't seen it since i was a young child, forgot how wonderful of a movie it is. Always loved it back then, to the point i broke our vhs copy of it, from playing it so many times......Laughing

And for being an old movie, a 720p rip i torrent-ed looked surprisingly good. Glad the original prints lasted long enough to get a good quality digital copy of such an amazing movie.

Highly recommended you all watch it, sober. Not while listening to the dark side of the moon or anything, or tripping, just to appreciate it as a great classical movie.

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

spinCycle
#144 Posted : 7/20/2013 4:17:25 AM

Life is Art is Life

The Day Tripper wrote:

one of my all time favorites. Thumbs up

Once upon a time if we wanted to see it we had to wait all year for its annual broadcast on something called network TV. Big grin
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

hug46
#145 Posted : 7/20/2013 10:53:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

spinCycle wrote:
The Day Tripper wrote:

one of my all time favorites. Thumbs up

Once upon a time if we wanted to see it we had to wait all year for its annual broadcast on something called network TV. Big grin

Over my way it was on once a year at Christmas when we were little. The first time i watched it (probly aged around 5) it blew my mind when it went from black and white into colour.

Then i had a girlfriend who was obsessed with it, so i had to watch it several times a year for several years, which was no great hardship. When she left me i tried luring her back on valentines day with tickets for Wicked The Musical (the untold story of the witches of Oz). She wasn"t interested. I should"ve known that she was a 1939 Judy Garland purist.
As it turns out she did come back to me (for a while) and i bought her the special edition re-mastered DVD version with added documentary on the making of etc.

DoingKermit
#146 Posted : 7/20/2013 11:48:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I watched the movie "Trance" last night and can't seem to get my head around it. Even though I thought I understood it by the end, I think I was fooling myself. I need to watch it again I think!

Land0n0
#147 Posted : 7/22/2013 6:11:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The serpent and the rainbow

Eraserhead

PI

the machinist

blue velvet

control

benzyme
#148 Posted : 7/22/2013 7:19:42 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

just watched the hunger games last night
I gotta say, I quite liked it.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

adam
#149 Posted : 7/30/2013 4:22:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

really awesome documentary about environmentalism/sustainable living/ adventuring

Couldn't find the movie without subtitles, its on netflix if you have it

bigmack
#150 Posted : 8/18/2013 10:20:20 PM

Mack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBJh1nfsUsA

Star beings - by fliptrix

First song I've ever heard that just straight up references (we ll in fact, the entire song is him talking about DMT) its a rap song.
“The quest is to be liberated from the negative, which is really our own will to nothingness. And once having said yes to the instant, the affirmation is contagious. It bursts into a chain of affirmations that knows no limit. To say yes to one instant is to say yes to all of existence.”

EcstaticTrance
#151 Posted : 9/26/2013 4:42:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Here's two trippy asian flicks that I just saw that are worth mentioning here :

Symbol (Shinboru)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1410261/

Survive Style 5+

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430651/

Wax
#152 Posted : 9/26/2013 6:37:13 AM

LUVR

Bless me, Ultima

Decent movie about a Curandera and a young boy. Kind of slow but good overall.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

jbark
#153 Posted : 9/26/2013 1:56:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just watched COSMOPOLIS, the Cronenberg film based on the Don Delilo novel.

TWICE.

Watch it - love it or hate it. It's unique. It's been so long a film has gotten so deep under my skin I needed to see it a second time less than twenty four hours later. This broke my dry spell. Smile

Cheers,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

lewinii
#154 Posted : 9/26/2013 3:02:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Elpo wrote:
Just saw the documentary I Am Shadyac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYtfnONazTU

Really loved it.

Just watched that last night. Really enjoyed it!
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

→ Donate to the Nexus! ←

The Day Tripper
#155 Posted : 9/26/2013 8:44:41 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Prozac nation

Requiem for a Dream

Two fantastic films.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

sleepypelican
#156 Posted : 9/27/2013 9:23:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
ragabr wrote:
amor_fati wrote:

Just saw his directing debut, "Synecdoche, New York," by the way...possibly his best work yet.

I've been wanting to watch this movie, but it seems so heavy and so much a reflection of the heartbreaking aspects of entheogen work that I haven't felt in the right mood.

It is most definitely that...incredibly time-dilated, rapidly reflective, and deeply impacting.

'Requiem' is a great film, but I'm a bigger fan of "Pi," as far as that director goes ("The Fountain," as well, but on a different level), and "Trainspotting," as far as heroin movies go. "The Wrestler" is actually quite good, as well.

I love "Pi" as well. I was/am a big fan of Pop Will Eat Itself so anything with music by clint mansell is on my list...

I'm suprised no one has mentioned "enter the void"...i mean the death of a an american drug dealer (namly DMT and MDMA) in japan and his out of body journey after his death is right up this sites alley...also music by coil and throbbing gristle (not sure if these two groups still hold any sway in the counter culture arena, but they for sure had there place in the development of psychedelic culture IMO....)
In dreams...I walk with you
In dreams...I talk to you
In dreams...Your mine
All of the time
We're together
In dreams...In dreams

dooby
#157 Posted : 9/28/2013 11:19:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I could recommend many movies, a lot of which have probably been mentioned before, but I am not sure if many of you have ever heard of "The young poisoners handbook"...
Definitely worth checking out...

PLUR
My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Bodies don't have souls - souls have bodies

Old enough to know better, young enough to try again

DMTree
#158 Posted : 11/25/2013 11:35:43 PM

The walking mirror

John Dies at the End

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my9Pr-W92SM

A drug that guarantees an out of body experience (AKA soy sauce) complicates the lives of a few people.

I found it extremely trippy and entertaining. WATCH IT!

thymamai
#159 Posted : 11/26/2013 3:12:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Hudsucker proxy Smile

Jennifer Jason Leigh Wink

I've seen a lot of good ones mentioned. For my part, I have trouble remembering movies I've seen, even the exceptions. But Solaris for one, both the original and the remake (two very different films), captivated me.

cosmic butterfly
#160 Posted : 11/29/2013 11:06:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

just saw gravity imax last night wowow, buy the ticket take the ride Thumbs up Thumbs up

«PREV678910NEXT»