We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV56789NEXT»
Movie bin Options

spinCycle
#121 Posted : 1/23/2013 3:56:55 AM

Life is Art is Life

Your Face by Bill Plimpton

http://tu.tv/videos/bill...mpton-your-face-short-fi
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

spinCycle
#122 Posted : 1/31/2013 4:25:29 AM

Life is Art is Life

The Man Who Planted Trees
A tale of small actions made large. Smile

Images of broken light,

Kronas
#123 Posted : 2/25/2013 12:04:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cloud Atlas is a must see!!! Mad me cry my eyes out at the end.
Thanks and Praises, Love and Gratitude, Peace and Unity, Hemp Seed & Honey

slug
#124 Posted : 3/2/2013 4:40:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I encourage everybody to watch FLIGHT OF THE DRAGONS

The film centers upon a quest undertaken to stop an evil wizard who plans to rule the world by dark magic. A major theme within the story is the question of whether science and magic can co-exist. This is told mostly through the experience of character Peter Dickinson, drawn from the 20th Century into the magical realm.

I love it!

cyb
#125 Posted : 3/2/2013 5:14:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Wreck It Ralph is stupidly good animation Thumbs up
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

The Day Tripper
#126 Posted : 3/18/2013 4:22:17 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Don't know where i ran across this gem of an 80's trippy brain melter, but its a good one to say the least. Very happy

Heavy Metal (1981)

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

d-T-r
#127 Posted : 3/28/2013 10:42:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Highly recommended. A mixture of transcendental beauty and the stark reality of the human condition that resides within it. Very beautiful intro and then it gets more condensed and city-scape'eaque/industry/human behaviour focused but ends on as good a note as you could expect.

Amy S
#128 Posted : 4/1/2013 7:42:12 AM

No Inside, No Out

Much love for cinema lovers here. The Professional seems to be a pretty popular one in this thread.

Short list of some of my favourites:

The Band's Visit
Before Sunset
Beauty and the Beast (1946)
Born to Win
Brazil
Cafe Lumiere
Cinema Paradiso
Days of Being Wild
The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie
Hana-Bi
Happy Together
In the Mood For Love
Irreversible
Knife in the Water
The Leopard
Lost in Translation
Manhattan
Mon Oncle
Mulholland Dr.
Mysterious Skin
La Notte
Once Upon a Time in the West
Stalker
Tampopo
Wings of Desire

hixidom
#129 Posted : 4/29/2013 4:47:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I saw Oblivion yesterday, and it was incredible. Perhaps I was so impressed only because I had low expectations for an aliens-vs-humans movie starring Tom Cruise. Anyways, I was blown away.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Archtypamine
#130 Posted : 5/26/2013 7:41:03 AM

...somebody help the man help the man!.... Capt. John Yossarian

Starman 1984 Jeff Bridges/Karen Allen
Great movie!..fit nicely into my 'early' spiritual awakening.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088172/
…those who believe in science are as prone to addiction to imposed dogma and faith as are religious zealots. So one has to be very careful to really step back and want to know the truth.

spinCycle
#131 Posted : 5/29/2013 10:17:38 PM

Life is Art is Life

Images of broken light,

d-T-r
#132 Posted : 6/14/2013 2:45:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Steve Beyer (singing to the plants)- What Do the Spirits Want from Us?

A talk from the Spirit Plant Medicine Conference, held at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, October 26-28, 2012 S

http://vimeo.com/68370957#

The Day Tripper
#133 Posted : 6/14/2013 5:31:52 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Just saw The Hobbit & Atlas Shrugged (1&2) over the weekend.

Both decent, with their flaws. I did enjoy atlas shrugged despite all the rhetoric I've heard it was the product of the GOP's propaganda machine by idiots online.

Another great film i havent seen listed here, The Americanization of Emily, one of the great classics. And speaking of classics, The Great Dictator, and The Gold Rush, with Charlie Chaplin were excellent films I've seen recently.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

Parshvik Chintan
#134 Posted : 6/19/2013 10:57:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

samsara.
great for tripping.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Red Eclipse
#135 Posted : 6/22/2013 7:48:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm sure this has been mentioned already in this thread, but I just watched it for the first time yesterday...

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Extremely surreal film, to say the least. Wonderful vibe to the movie even if it is a bit dark. Classic
good v. evil moral. Exceeded my expectations (I was assuming a children's movie like 'A Series of
Unfortunate Events'Pleased. Heath Ledger's acting didn't hurt, either.

LRx
#136 Posted : 6/23/2013 10:06:10 AM

Join us, friends

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I am downloading MANY of them!
If I had ONLY ONE movie from my big 1.5TB collection to pick...

...it would be TIMECRIMES!

A spanish movie! A really, really good, brain-melting time travel movie! Sci-fi/mindf*ck movie fans will LOVE this

Quote:
A man accidentally gets into a time machine and travels back in time nearly an hour. Finding himself will be the first of a series of disasters of unforeseeable consequences.
-LRx

The Day Tripper
#137 Posted : 6/23/2013 11:49:48 PM

Rennasauce Man

LRx wrote:

A spanish movie! A really, really good, brain-melting time travel movie! Sci-fi/mindf*ck movie fans will LOVE this

Quote:
A man accidentally gets into a time machine and travels back in time nearly an hour. Finding himself will be the first of a series of disasters of unforeseeable consequences.

Primer (2004)

Another fantastic sci-fi movie about time travel. Confused the hell out of me the first few times i watched it, but it starts to make sense with time Laughing

hug46
#138 Posted : 6/24/2013 4:10:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LRx
#139 Posted : 6/29/2013 11:39:51 PM

Join us, friends

The Day Tripper wrote:
LRx wrote:

Quote:

Primer (2004)

Another fantastic sci-fi movie about time travel. Confused the hell out of me the first few times i watched it, but it starts to make sense with time Laughing

Ahh yes, I loved Primer. Most would find it hard to follow! I imagine my girlfriend would not enjoy it. Time travel movies have always been my thing. Have you seen The Time Machine? Quite strange near the end, but a good concept of time travel, nonetheless. Thanks for the reply!

I have to mention something.... Samsara was INCREDIBLE! Someone recommended it in this thread, and we downloaded it. WOW. Incredible documentary with NO WORDS. Only a really well done score, and fancy camerawork. They shoot everything from nature/earth/vistas to wreckage/debris/industrialism + MORE. It's breathtaking, so be sure to get it in HD. It's really worth it. Check it out -----> Samsara IMDB
-LRx

The Day Tripper
#140 Posted : 6/30/2013 1:19:57 AM

Rennasauce Man

Yeah, the time machine, while i love the 1960's adaptation, and the book as well, the 2002 film was pretty good too.

«PREV56789NEXT»