We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
Movie bin Options

carlinesque
#101 Posted : 9/4/2012 6:57:49 AM

Grazin' in the grass is a gas, baby can ya dig it?!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

#102 Posted : 9/4/2012 2:08:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

pau wrote:
Anybody read this book, David Mitchell's The Cloud Atlas? Next month, to be a film by the Wachowskis, star-studded cast including Tom Hanks:

An exploration of how the actions of individual lives impact one another in the past, present and future, as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero, and an act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution (-IMDB)

link to trailer
trailer, Cloud Atlas

It looks really good!

I'm seeing at the day it comes to theater. Smile

hixidom
#103 Posted : 9/9/2012 9:10:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I just finished the movie Vanilla Sky (been watching it in segments over the course of a few days) and my mind is thoroughly blown. This movie resonated with me very deeply. I kinda wish they would make a sequel. Anyways, I guess Open Your Eyes is next.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

lewinii
#104 Posted : 9/20/2012 9:18:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After receiving an offer of $100,000 for the natural gas drilling rights to his property, filmmaker Josh Fox travels across the country to investigate the potential hazards. What he discovers is shocking: contaminated groundwater that bubbles and hisses, residents suffering from chronic illnesses, and—perhaps most disturbingly— flammable tap water. They’re all consequences of a rapidly expanding drilling campaign that’s guaranteeing unsuspecting landowners a quick and easy payoff, but leaving behind a burning trail of secrets, lies and catastrophic environmental damage. Welcome to Gasland.
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

→ Donate to the Nexus! ←

Zip
#105 Posted : 10/17/2012 1:10:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I haven't seen this version of Flatland, but it looks beautiful.

SpireCatalyst
#106 Posted : 10/28/2012 1:32:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cloud Atlas...very good.

Nice to see a movie that wasn't a remake, and didn't let me down. Go see it.
"..I find myself stirred awake by the ambient noises of the world outside and a realization that my train of thought may not be running on time…but I've nowhere to be...except here."

hixidom
#107 Posted : 10/28/2012 6:41:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was disappointed by how the whole thing was tied together. I felt that the movie did not maintain the high trajectory that it started off with in the first 0.5-1 hour. It was very entertaining and very beautiful at times, I just feel that the potential psychedelic aspects of the movie were not translated very well into plot. Definitely worth seeing though. I think that the vision of the writer and what they were trying to do with the movie was very very big, they just didn't get me there. This movie is one-of-a-kind, however (hopefully more like first-of-a-kind).
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

trancepants
#108 Posted : 10/29/2012 1:22:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eraserhead

IMDB Eraserhead

Twisted Evil
I can create anything with my mind. Including fiction, which this is.

migmag
#109 Posted : 10/29/2012 2:49:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Last movie I truly enjoyed

Detachment (2011)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1683526/

Infundibulum
#110 Posted : 12/3/2012 8:12:03 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Anyone into dmt should check this movie:

Funky Forest

http://youtu.be/UCjkd7zDB28

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Pandora
#111 Posted : 12/7/2012 8:55:35 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

That Flatland movie looks like so much fun! I read the book as a child and it set my imagination AFIRE!

I cannot really afford to go to the movies much at all but the Cloud Atlas trailer is something I've been keeping my eye on for a long time now. It makes me weep - not just cry. It reminds me of DMT trip and iboga trip themes. I was sorry to see it did poorly in the theaters - they stayed away in droves. Probably too smart a plot. I look forward to seeing it sometime in the future.

In the meantime, let's not forget the classics.

I really think Nexians would like the classic movie, Madame Curie from 1943.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036126/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I felt a great resonance with this movie for a number of reasons. It's good to see a movie that tries to tell at least a version of the truth about a great woman. The education I was given as a child - if I had believed that and only attended to that I would honestly believe that women and people of color paid zero role in American and European history, in particular the history of scientific discovery.

I think Nexians could relate to what the Curies went through - it's so much easier for us to get our product from raw bulk matter. She spent four years doing endless recrystallizations to try to get a sample of pure radium, each one yielding less product than the previous, Smile.

And first and foremost, every single version of this remarkable woman's life I have encountered, never hesitates to remind us of the amazing love relationship she shared with her husband. Pierre Curie, what a great man. History always says behind every great man is a great woman. Well, in this case, behind a great woman was a great man. In a time when the concept of a woman scientist was laughed away, he recognized her genius, he helped to empower it, to self-actualize it. He was her muse, her assistant, her advocate and her one and only great love.

Although this following is not a movie but a cheesy radio play, it's another perspective on her earlier life, when she worked with the Polish resistance against Russian occupation. And yet, it also stresses the great love these two amazing scientists shared:

http://www.cbsrmt.com/episode-1...-pursuit-of-a-dream.html

"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Bill Cipher
#112 Posted : 12/7/2012 9:09:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Anyone into dmt should check this movie:

Funky Forest

http://youtu.be/UCjkd7zDB28

You are gravely ill, my friend.

I like it.

hug46
#113 Posted : 12/8/2012 2:33:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

winter is here the fire is lit, the shutters have been battened down, merlot has been decanted
and there are some pukka recomendations here and here are mine

surveillance, jean de floret, mesrine 1 and 2, dead mans shoes, wolf creek, spun,les intouchables, cross of iron, in bruges, the day the earth stood still (not the new one), nightwatch,cyrus, on any sunday, adam and paul, ghandi,the good the bad and the ugly, things to do in denver when your"e dead, withnail and i, timebandits, network, a simple plan, one flew over the cuckoos nest, little bigman
oh and i forgot "in the name of the father" , and "the killing fields"

Nicita
#114 Posted : 12/11/2012 12:19:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it was posted here before but I really want to promote this movie for those who haven't seen it:

Here are some streams of the spanish original with english subtitles

Spain 1944, 12 year old Ofelia travels with her heavily pregnant mother to her new stepfather, a Captain of the spanish army trying to break partisan resistance in an mountain area. Ofelia is very fond of fairly tails. As the conflict escalates, she soon finds unexpected hope in them...

I think this movie is unique, simply due to it's unusual storyline. And it has definitly quite a few psychedelic ideas build into it. Oh, and there is also a mandrake, used for a spell. Thumbs up

@hug46: thank you for listing time bandits. I haven't seen this since I was a kid and I think I remember a good movie I could not really understand back then. I'll watch it now. Big grin

Crazyhorse
#115 Posted : 12/11/2012 12:39:30 AM

Wide eyed and hopeful

Pan's Labyrinth is beautiful, but I think it might be a bit too creepy for me to want to watch while tripping.

There's an obscure hungarian animated movie called Feherlofia, which has been a favorite of mine for ages, but I never actually watched it on psychedelics until last night. I can't recommend it enough! There's not a moment of this film that isn't thoroughly trippy. Give it five minutes in an appropriate state of mind and see if you're not already hooked.

(The translation on this youtube version isn't as good as the one I've got, it might be worth looking for the other one, possibly on bittorrent...)
No direction but to follow what you know,
No direction but a faith in her decision,
No direction but to never fight her flow,
No direction but to trust the final destination.

zombicyckel
#116 Posted : 12/11/2012 4:16:56 AM

Armchair activist

The fountain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAuxryJ6pv8

Freaking awesome, if I didnt know better I would think it was written by someone from this forum. totally think it was psychedelic inspired

migmag
#117 Posted : 12/17/2012 4:08:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kon-Tiki (2012)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1613750/

I LOVE THAT!

spinCycle
#118 Posted : 12/17/2012 4:30:17 PM

Life is Art is Life

Bliss

Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

d-T-r
#119 Posted : 1/10/2013 12:11:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

figured i didnt know enough about Gandhi, nice place to start.

spinCycle
#120 Posted : 1/18/2013 11:37:32 PM

Life is Art is Life

The Acid House

Quote:
Three twisted tales from the seamy side of Scotland and the mind of Irvine Welsh. The Granton Star Cause: in the same day a young Leith lad is dumped by his football team, his girlfriend and his parents, arrested and beaten up by the police and turned into a fly by God, whom he meets in a pub. The Soft Touch: a man is too soft to do anything when his wife moves in with the thug upstairs. The Acid House: while tripping on acid, Coco Bryce is struck by lightning, causing him to switch bodies with a newborn baby.

One of the funniest movies I have ever seen. If the idea of God as a drunken, swearing Scotsman is appealing to you, you should watch it. Big grin

Edit: I will add though, the humor is very dark, especially the middle third.

Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

«PREV45678NEXT»