We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
mju9's midjourney ai art thread Options

psychosomaticon
#1 Posted : 11/15/2022 2:55:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

psychosomaticon attached the following image(s):
tspinnermoon_spiritual_gods_of_cannabis_cannabis_kush_sativa_en_41d8053d-879f-42cc-8d1b-6925870040d1.png (2,274kb) downloaded 255 time(s).
tspinnermoon_spiritual_gods_of_cannabis_cannabis_kush_sativa_en_af7c5e4b-c17e-40c8-be8c-e304654db04b.png (2,320kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
tspinnermoon_spiritual_gods_of_cannabis_d1f3ae92-0c1a-4b84-9ced-e2d5e3106317.png (2,484kb) downloaded 227 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

f1
#2 Posted : 11/15/2022 2:56:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This art is awesome!

Deff shows off aspects of Hyperspace for the masses!

Looking forward to watching this thread evolve! Thumbs up
In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 11/18/2022 12:00:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The forest party ones are very like a festival I've been to many times. Further down, that is one ugly Jesus! He gunna frighten the poor chillun Laughing

Does the sense of familiarity come because AI rehashes from a data set? I mean, it does look cool but I get a real sense of "oh, this reminds me of..." with each picture.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

psychosomaticon
#4 Posted : 11/21/2022 6:47:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
The forest party ones are very like a festival I've been to many times. Further down, that is one ugly Jesus! He gunna frighten the poor chillun Laughing

Does the sense of familiarity come because AI rehashes from a data set? I mean, it does look cool but I get a real sense of "oh, this reminds me of..." with each picture.

possibly, it could also be that i pick the ones that most seem to trigger my own remembering of something on some subconscious level so thats why i type the prompts i do, also i can do more festivals etc just say what you like

psychosomaticon
#5 Posted : 11/21/2022 6:52:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

f1 wrote:
This art is awesome!

Deff shows off aspects of Hyperspace for the masses!

Looking forward to watching this thread evolve! Thumbs up

necromanteum
#6 Posted : 12/4/2022 8:31:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psychosomaticon
#7 Posted : 1/15/2023 5:55:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

And here are some more
tspinnermoon_spiritual_gods_of_cannabis_cannabis_kush_sativa_en_1d3ade98-1140-4e4a-9a12-9fcbc9710a88.png (2,364kb) downloaded 218 time(s).
tspinnermoon_spiritual_gods_of_cannabis_d1f3ae92-0c1a-4b84-9ced-e2d5e3106317.png (2,484kb) downloaded 215 time(s).
tspinnermoon_spiritual_gods_of_cannabis_cannabis_kush_sativa_en_646391dd-11b1-42ae-a61b-61c07b02ceb2.png (2,408kb) downloaded 218 time(s).
tspinnermoon_traditional_Japanese_cyborg_rube_goldberg_style_of_09ae3f6c-5770-49f2-9089-bcd8f7ab0cc2.png (2,589kb) downloaded 214 time(s).
tspinnermoon_rainbows_bee9a37b-79fe-46a6-ac99-079623a85319.png (2,029kb) downloaded 214 time(s).
tspinnermoon_rainbow_black_silver_and_gold_naturescape_with_pyr_000a5ec3-4d38-4f4e-ad00-a82f8c3f5e2d.png (2,211kb) downloaded 214 time(s).
tspinnermoon_Green_Carpet_woven_with_Kush_Sativa_leave_threads__222cc4c3-1801-4265-86ca-685cf141ee38.png (1,576kb) downloaded 214 time(s).

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 1/15/2023 6:38:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

What Midjourney Can Do

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Bill Cipher
#9 Posted : 1/15/2023 6:39:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psychosomaticon wrote:
And here are some more

Those are some pretty, low-to-no effort aggregations of other artists' stolen efforts.

Nydex
#10 Posted : 1/15/2023 9:13:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
psychosomaticon wrote:
And here are some more

Those are some pretty, low-to-no effort aggregations of other artists' stolen efforts.

I was patiently waiting for your kicking the door down on this thread Big grin
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

justB612
#11 Posted : 1/15/2023 9:59:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey people

I want to reply exactly now, right at post #11, to represent a very fine line in this thread and potentially future threads.

From this step onward if we get the same debate at every single midjourney thread it's going to cause problems and arguments down the line. If these pictures are allowed people will inevitabely post them.
I'm not stating the pictures are not nice, or that stating the unethical way certain companies on our planet work (lol, surprise surprise) does not align with the forums Learn Share and Expand motto.

But,

Do this over and over again unmoderated and you're going to find yourself in trouble.
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

Bill Cipher
#12 Posted : 1/16/2023 12:39:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah... I don't know what to do about it, quite honestly.

The thing is that the OP here has actually posted in the other thread, and I responded to him at the time, so I figure he's probably up to speed on the larger discussion already. This means he has to know that copyright infringement issues exist and just doesn't give a shit. I don't know what to do with that.

On one hand, I'm uncomfortable being the art police around here. On the other, it genuinely pisses me off. Nothing would make me happier than if people were to take the hint that these images are offensive to anyone with skin in the game, and to then have the decency and common sense to refrain from posting them here - but some people are clueless, or shameless, or both.

I guess what I'm saying is that if there were to be some kind of No AI "Art" edict around here, it would need to come from someone other than me. I'm too close to it to make that kind of a moderation call.

Curious to know what others think.

null24
#13 Posted : 1/16/2023 12:58:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I am 100% with you on this one. The only way I see it as acceptable (and not as anything but a donkey punch to any working artists out there) is if one trains the AI with their own work, and that is only useful to spit out content to keep up with the capitalist dictate of more, all the time. Text prompt AI garbage still sucks. I swear to god, I see a day I hope I die before where asshats declare themselves artists and make good livings off of how well they type prompts with their curated knowledge of obscure and unpaid artists. Even with a disclaimer at the top it is still not art. Just content.

It is absolutely nothing the Nexus represents in my opinion, for what it's worth.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Mitakuye Oyasin
#14 Posted : 1/16/2023 2:21:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know if there have been any copyright lawsuits started with regard to Midjourney or any other AI "art" programs? Seems to me the best way to stop the theft of artists work is to band together and sue and to create some sort of gatekeeping system where the AI can only bee fed with art that is PD or belongs to the artist feeding the AI or licensed art from artists willing to have their art into this AI system for some sort of profit. Think of it like a woodchipper machine. The woodchipper will destroy anything you feed into it; trees, branches, animals, toys, art, humans... Does not matter to the woodchipper, it will shred and destroy anything it is fed. But once you have a gatekeeper only allowing trees and compostable materials to enter the woodchipper, can you prevent carnage from happening. If the AI Art programs can only accept certain art instead of everything, artists are not as likely to have their art stolen and used in manners they did not approve.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Bill Cipher
#15 Posted : 1/16/2023 2:47:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Does anyone know if there have been any copyright lawsuits started with regard to Midjourney or any other AI "art" programs? Seems to me the best way to stop the theft of artists work is to band together and sue and to create some sort of gatekeeping system where the AI can only bee fed with art that is PD or belongs to the artist feeding the AI or licensed art from artists willing to have their art into this AI system for some sort of profit. Think of it like a woodchipper machine. The woodchipper will destroy anything you feed into it; trees, branches, animals, toys, art, humans... Does not matter to the woodchipper, it will shred and destroy anything it is fed. But once you have a gatekeeper only allowing trees and compostable materials to enter the woodchipper, can you prevent carnage from happening. If the AI Art programs can only accept certain art instead of everything, artists are not as likely to have their art stolen and used in manners they did not approve.

The first one was just filed yesterday, in fact. I sure hope they win.

https://www.prnewswire.c...ch-of-tos-301721869.html

null24 wrote:
I swear to god, I see a day I hope I die before where asshats declare themselves artists and make good livings off of how well they type prompts with their curated knowledge of obscure and unpaid artists.

Oh that day has already arrived. Don't kid yourself.

psychosomaticon
#16 Posted : 1/16/2023 3:52:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

yeah i saw that thread , pretty cool stuff

psychosomaticon
#17 Posted : 1/16/2023 3:53:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

some more
tspinnermoon_hundreds_of_rainbow_mandelbulbs_filling_the_entire_61133f08-f014-4a54-9250-bd888970592d.png (2,676kb) downloaded 148 time(s).
tspinnermoon_hundreds_of_rainbow_mandelbulbs_filling_the_entire_51e651d8-2202-4c89-8d7f-a0506b905f6a.png (2,551kb) downloaded 147 time(s).
tspinnermoon_hundreds_of_rainbow_mandelbulbs_filling_the_entire_79bc9921-06f4-4978-a68b-cb49a234ca84.png (2,651kb) downloaded 148 time(s).

psychosomaticon
#18 Posted : 1/16/2023 3:57:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
Yeah... I don't know what to do about it, quite honestly.

The thing is that the OP here has actually posted in the other thread, and I responded to him at the time, so I figure he's probably up to speed on the larger discussion already. This means he has to know that copyright infringement issues exist and just doesn't give a shit. I don't know what to do with that.

On one hand, I'm uncomfortable being the art police around here. On the other, it genuinely pisses me off. Nothing would make me happier than if people were to take the hint that these images are offensive to anyone with skin in the game, and to then have the decency and common sense to refrain from posting them here - but some people are clueless, or shameless, or both.

I guess what I'm saying is that if there were to be some kind of No AI "Art" edict around here, it would need to come from someone other than me. I'm too close to it to make that kind of a moderation call.

Curious to know what others think.

i didnt see your response in the other thread btw i just read it right now...the cats already out of the bag...people said similar stuff about the pencil when photoshop came out, really dont think Ai art is the enemy here...

we cant force all progress and change back into the box because capitalism has a stranglehold on peoples finances and incomes....

Muskogee Herbman
#19 Posted : 1/16/2023 4:02:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
Nothing would make me happier than if people were to take the hint that these images are offensive to anyone with skin in the game, and to then have the decency and common sense to refrain from posting them here - but some people are clueless, or shameless, or both.

This 100%.

Photoshop still takes skills to use.
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

psychosomaticon
#20 Posted : 1/16/2023 4:18:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Muskogee Herbman wrote:
Bill Cipher wrote:
Nothing would make me happier than if people were to take the hint that these images are offensive to anyone with skin in the game, and to then have the decency and common sense to refrain from posting them here - but some people are clueless, or shameless, or both.

This 100%.

Photoshop still takes skills to use.

It seems like his argument is not even really an anti-ai art argument, but due to the way capitalism works it puts a strain on some artists which I can understand if UBI (universal basic income) was a thing would you be more accepting of AI Art? I've already seen many artists adapting and using AI Art together with other tools to make it even better, true artists have to constantly adapt to an ever changing landscape. But even if it was banned, how would it be banned? With more govt regulation? How practical would that be?

Also theres hundreds of thousands of disabled people who could not make any art before this, AI art finally gives them a chance to express themselves, should they be denied that right?

And regarding the styles , many artists have built upon previous artists work as well to create something new, which is kind of what the AI is doing here. What artist had such an original work that he didnt copy anything from others?

Just a few things to think about, I do think they might implement some way for artists to opt out in the future.

I'm reading thru the other thread now, I didn't read it all yet, I do strongly disagree ai art is just soul sucking plagiarism though

edit: and yeah reading thru the thread I see some of my arguments are the same but I see a lot of arguments against ai art being the same too...those are just the best points usually

123NEXT»