We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
what is the closest drug to dmt? Options

dithyramb
#21 Posted : 10/24/2022 6:26:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a subjective way to study plants, it's called dieting. I know this way of relating to plants is embraced by a minority here.

Relationship vs mechanical chemical effects.

When your energetic makeup is just random, the way you percieve the effects of a plant is blurry and erratic. When you go in a diet everything clears up and a consistent picture forms. İf there were no consistent character to Ayahuasca, how would anybody be able to master it and be a curandero, taita etc?

There is still an infinite variability within the consistent character; the experience is not mechanistic or reducable and is alive. Still, chacruna will never give curvy visuals like chaliponga, chacruna will always be more direct in teachings than chaliponga.

How about doing the double blind test in proper dieting conditions? Clear up and sensitize, and make space for the spirit of the plant.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dithyramb
#22 Posted : 10/24/2022 11:03:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You're welcome, Fink.

There is value to the study of the chemical dimension but it can miss out on a lot if other dimensions are neglected.

Science is most precious, but it gets conflated with dogmatic materialism. And I don't find a complete disregard of subjective experience healthy. I know there are a lot of people who won't believe anything unless it's published in a peer reviewed well known science journal. I would call that "institutionalism." İt is an elitist philosophy, a belief that humans outside of a certain elite club of "science" cannot understand or know anything.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

fink
#23 Posted : 10/24/2022 11:29:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This is exactly what I need help with. Most of my properly dosed experiences for the last year have been chaotic and a few times hard to endure. Claustrophobic spaces with very grasping and imposing entities. I'd love to hear more about what I can do to improve my relationship with mimosa.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

doubledog
#24 Posted : 10/24/2022 11:51:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are some differencies between various dmt plants (nowadays I consume almost exclusively chaliponga, as I prefer its strenght and more complex visuals), and there are also differencies between various species of mushrooms.
Ime most similar effects to dmt have some fresh woodlovers.

dithyramb
#25 Posted : 10/24/2022 12:18:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well... Rue is not as grounded as caapi. And mimosa gets chaotic at high doses for sure. Mimosa also can feel hostile in comparison to the other plants.

A proper diet beyond just what you eat and having an empty stomach is important. Can you describe how you prepare yourself for an experience?

~ Pablo Amaringo

fink
#26 Posted : 10/25/2022 7:56:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Either late when the kids are in bed, by the fire in the living room or outside in nature. Prep usually starts mentally with about 5 or 10 mins of checking myself over for hidden anxiety or unresolved issues. A little controlled breathing and that's it really. No alcohol. Maybe some soft music.

dithyramb
#27 Posted : 10/26/2022 7:11:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At least 4 hours fasting? No processed foods that day? Having a clear, strong intention? Setting a sacred space?

On a ceremony day, I only eat steamed vegetables and boiled eggs. Coffee, black tea , alcohol , cannabis are non existent in my life. At the very least İ do a long nature walk before ceremony. İf I am not already commuting in nature that is.

No smartphone, no screens is a very important one also.

I do my ceremonies with either a fire outdoors, or a fireplace or a fire stove at the very least when I am indoors. Connecting to the fire does miracles and really allows a full on energetic healing process for me.

Then ceremony space is really key. A claustrophobic environment with a lot of clutter and no proper air flow is a no go. Aim for the opposite.

And as the conditions get more and more restricted, the experience becomes more and more sacred.

~ Pablo Amaringo

fink
#28 Posted : 10/28/2022 1:41:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My prep appears woefully underdeveloped in terms of diet. Thank you dithy. Is tobacco a no go? I'm having difficulty quitting (or at least stopping habitual use) recently despite knowing I'd like to. Alcohol and cannabis is rare on the scale of months so that's easy. Tea with milk habitual and daily. Set and setting is good. Intentions perhaps not really solidified. A lot to work on, thank you again.

PREV12