We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Yocan Orbit Best Ever For DMT Options

famine
#21 Posted : 8/27/2022 12:50:11 AM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

How is breaking through on the orbit stock? I am trying to find a better way to administer a full dose to friends without giving them an oil burner.

Thanks for the info!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

RowRowRowYourBoat
#22 Posted : 8/30/2022 3:21:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I managed to get my hands on one.

My first test run(no glass balls) with just 12mg of spice. I started at I think 25 watts(which I believe was too low) and wound up with the spice running up the side of the glass to get away from the heat. I turned it up to 35w and only managed to inhale a few milligrams since the majority kind of stuck to the side of the glass coil. It was kind of hot on the throat by the end. I guess maybe this method has limits on how small a dose you can do with a fresh coil, some minute bit wants to spit or climb up the side of the glass though I expect this temporary loss will reach equilibrium with future doses.

I added a rubber tube to extend the mouthpiece, loaded 21mg, and set my mod to 33 watts. I wonder if I started drawing a bit too early; I didn't see vapor until I was halfway through my pull, and then it would appear in spurts, it would look like no vapor was coming from the coil, then there would be a visible burst of vapor, then none, then another burst. Was this right? I don't know, I couldn't tell if I needed less heat, more heat, if I needed to draw faster, or slower, or if I was doing it just right. I am just so used to a well tuned emesh where you see the vapor for a few seconds, and then its stops and you know you've already got the entire dose so to be wondering how the process is going as it was going on was new to me. Anyway, I wound up doing ~two ~10sec heat cycles of my mod before my lungs were completely full, I never felt or tasted any harshness. There seemed to be a little bit still in the bowl but I decided to hold my breath, close my eyes, and go into the experience at this point.

The entirety of my freebase smoalking experience comes from emesh so I won't have all that much to compare it to but I am interested to work with the orbit more. I hope I am able to get the settings and my technique down so I can begin to judge the merits of it fairly.
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

abrelosojos
#23 Posted : 8/30/2022 4:00:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just purchased the Yocan Orbit. Will try it next week, i also wanted something practical that i wouldnt mind if i leave it at a Friends house.

My setup is a Divine Tribe V4. Have not used for almost a year.

murklan
#24 Posted : 9/9/2022 9:54:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RowRowRowYourBoat wrote:

The entirety of my freebase smoalking experience comes from emesh so I won't have all that much to compare it to but I am interested to work with the orbit more. I hope I am able to get the settings and my technique down so I can begin to judge the merits of it fairly.

How has it been going? I received my Orbit yesterday and will try it out some day. Just curios of the methods from AbsolutelyPureDMT and RowRowRowYourBoat (like the Dahlia on you avatar by the way)

Brennendes Wasser
#25 Posted : 9/9/2022 12:10:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

This circulating / rotating airstream / terp ball technology is an absolute banger. Normally you put it in a Banger (hehe) and it will serve 2 purposes:

1. Air stream is much stronger, aiding at evaporation
2. Terp Balls roll out your spice so it spreads to a maximum area / air interface which will also greatly aid at vaporization

Plus also:

If not rolling out your spice like with the Terp Balls, it might accumulate in one area if your device is not 100 % planar and further just decompose.

I also have it in a super-cheap self built glass setup and to date I have not seen any better device, as these air stream / terp balls just rock and haven't been used with any commercial electric thing. So this one really catches my eye now, but I still already have this one so might not buy more stuff ... still cool to see that this "analog" technology from dabbing is now also built into vaporizers.

murklan
#26 Posted : 9/9/2022 4:05:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Brennendes Wasser!

you mean that you prefer to use the balls with the spice? The original post was that it worked better without. But that is perhaps just the Yocan Orbit.

I'm really curious of your 'super-cheap self built glass setup'. Have your posted something about it here?

RowRowRowYourBoat
#27 Posted : 9/12/2022 2:02:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan wrote:
RowRowRowYourBoat wrote:

How has it been going? I received my Orbit yesterday and will try it out some day. Just curios of the methods from AbsolutelyPureDMT and RowRowRowYourBoat (like the Dahlia on you avatar by the way)

( Thanks Very happy )

Sorry to say I haven't got around to testing it too much more as yet. I am a bit slow in my explorations Cool

I haven't tried with the terp balls at all yet but I do want to, if not just for the fun of it
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

starway7
#28 Posted : 9/17/2022 4:14:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wondering .. what is to prevent the glowing red coil .. [in orbit] photo.. from burning some of the spice?

I guess..it does look a little more compact than using a mod..thats a ..plus..

But what purpose ..if any..? are those ball things for?? ... [i wouldent want to inhale one of them]

I dont own one... but in photos.. it looks very much like a common.. [ conduction] .device....

i remember now...i had a little wooden pipe ..years back... that heated with flame..but the flame never touched the material..because it was in a seperate chamber below the top heating chamber..

It was the early.... Wooden Vapor Geni ...

it was a cool little pipe!

https://youtu.be/3AFd_kMq9ls

murklan
#29 Posted : 9/18/2022 12:20:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good questions. I have an Orbit but have not had the right time to test it yet.
But the reason why I bought it was that the coil is not in direct contact with the DMT. The coil is below but in contact with the quarts bowl. And the design regarding airflow seems suitable for DMT.

But I'm sure it's possible to burn the spice in it too Smile

The balls are called terp balls (or terp pearls) and when used with a certain type of carb caps they will rotate fast and bring joy and happiness to fellow human beings.

murklan
#30 Posted : 9/19/2022 12:28:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, now I finally have somethings to share.

I tried it out yesterday night, but didn't just want to do a test run but to go a bit deeper, if possible. So I figured I should have enough MAOI so I could do multiple tokes and tryouts.
I brewed tea from 5g of dark roasted rue seeds + a pinch citric acid. Drank it with honey and waited 2,5 h.

After reading this thread i didn't use the terp balls. I put it on the middle setting 3.7 volts, loaded 15mg, pre-melted it a bit, pushed the button and started inhaling.
It surprised me how smooth it was, that the most taste/vapor came really early (think I held the button ~10sec) and that I could feel the effects right away. I normally use a vapor genie glass bat with a ethanol candle and this seems to hit harder.

I re-dosed for several hours, 6-7 loading between 15-33mg. I should say that I didn't get any DMT visuals or a very mush psychedelic headspace. But these days this is quite normal for me when on strong rue/harmalas. Apart from the first hit(s) it's more like a hypnotic trance state where I 'rest'. Feel a bit worn out today, but it was a late night.

The melted DMT seems to climb up the glass and there are some also on the outer glass piece. I also got some in my mouth (not nice at all).

All in all I'll say it's good tool and I will continue experimenting with it. Thank you 'AbsolutelyPureDMT' for the info!

starway7
#31 Posted : 9/19/2022 2:43:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For 8 dollars I bought one of the ..yocan Orbit quarts heaters... i thought it was worth a try.. and it screwed onto my mod ok...

I set my mod for 25watts.. because i read that was the max power it would take..

I observed after 2 seconds the vapor being produced...it looked thick and was very slowly rolling around in the.. quartz or glass?..chamber.... not wanting to leave the chamber.

Well i didnt have the yocan mouthpece to take a hit .. so i inhaled the slowly rising vapor...but it didnt have any effect on me?...was it burnt?/

I think the unit is... conduction and intended for herbs..

It will vaporize [the molecule] but i suspect it might be burning some of it...because i felt almost nothing?

its posible 25 watts was too much power??

A little later... put the same low dose into my ...convection E mesh...hit the button and got a good hit that gave me a nice buzz and sp headspace..

i went from baseline..to the waiting room very quickly.....

i dont really know that much about the orbit.. It may work ok as a complete unit ..

But for me..it doesnt seem to be working quite right for Sp? but i didnt buy the complete

unit..i just tryed the quartz heater...

some one
#32 Posted : 9/21/2022 4:33:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is my take on wax atomizers:

Quote:
Various brands such as Yocan, Longmada and Saionara sell wax atomizers for Cannabis concentrates. These have modbox connections and coils which heat up ceramic or metal elements. Unlike traditional e-sigarette atomizers e-juice liquid is not required. Wax atomizers heat by convection on a solid plate. The internet is full of DMT wax vapes success stories, but also full of reports that these devices to not work well at all. Users promoting wax vapes are usually new to DMT and lack experience with better devices.

For the previous Yocans many people reported weak effects ..

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1025099#post1025099
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1024233#post1024233
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1024231#post1024231
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=911463#post911463
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1129020#post1129020
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=921101#post921101

.. so reading yet another random new user posting yocan success stories doesn't get me very excited, sorry.

The Yocan Orbit results reported in this tread by people who tried so far seem disappointing.
I look forward to reading people having repeatable one hit (max two) zero taste easy inhalation breakthrough success.
I'd definitely wait for solid feedback from several experienced users prior spending money on buying this device..
some = one | here = some | there = one

abrelosojos
#33 Posted : 9/21/2022 6:45:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Finally i had a chance to try the Orbit. Right now i cannot give a veredict but my take si that the Orbit quartz bowl cannot beat my DTV IV titanium bowl. Still i needed something portable and easy to use and clean.

I tried with a 50 mg dmt rock. But the cup takes too much time to heat. And between that and improper technique. I didnt manage to breakthru. I'll try again for sure.

But i can say truthfully that with my dtviv inhave reached two hit breakthtru consistently as it heats so quickly ando evenly.

Voidmatrix
#34 Posted : 9/21/2022 6:57:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

abrelosojos wrote:
Finally i had a chance to try the Orbit. Right now i cannot give a veredict but my take si that the Orbit quartz bowl cannot beat my DTV IV titanium bowl. Still i needed something portable and easy to use and clean.

I tried with a 50 mg dmt rock. But the cup takes too much time to heat. And between that and improper technique. I didnt manage to breakthru. I'll try again for sure.

But i can say truthfully that with my dtviv inhave reached two hit breakthtru consistently as it heats so quickly ando evenly

Abrelosojos, I want to give you my thanks again and pass on thanks given to me by others by sharing the DVT v4 crucible. Love I couldn't remember which Nexian I learned about it from for the longest, so I'm glad you posted and I now have this opportunity to thank you.

I still wanna try the orbit at some point though.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

murklan
#35 Posted : 9/21/2022 9:17:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:

.. so reading yet another random new user posting yocan success stories doesn't get me very excited, sorry.

The Yocan Orbit results reported in this tread by people who tried so far seem disappointing.
I look forward to reading people having repeatable one hit (max two) zero taste easy inhalation breakthrough success.
I'd definitely wait for solid feedback from several experienced users prior spending money on buying this device..

I've not read the earlier Yocan reposrts, but I'll do that soon. I'm not the most experienced on this forum, not by far. But I've done DMT for 3 years, around onece every week. Started with changa in a pipe, then changed to Bat GVG. So even if I'm new to wax atomizers I do have a fair amout of experiences on vaporizing DMT. What I don't have is experience of a good Mod, so I don't know how to compare it to the best methods.

But what I can say is that I prefer it to the GVG, the vapor was really smooth, nothing got burned, it was quick, easy, simple to understand, re-load and to clean.

Next time I'll try without harmalas and see how breakthrough is going.

abrelosojos
#36 Posted : 9/22/2022 1:20:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

Abrelosojos, I want to give you my thanks again and pass on thanks given to me by others by sharing the DVT v4 crucible. Love I couldn't remember which Nexian I learned about it from for the longest, so I'm glad you posted and I now have this opportunity to thank you.

I still wanna try the orbit at some point though.

One love

So cool! Thanks again!! And i'm happy that more people have gotten to try anything fron Divine tribe. They have a new product with a silicón carbide crucible. That would probable be they wise choice to get and try.

But lets give the Orbit a fair chance. I'll give it another go next week for sure.

I kept myself from hyperspace since Ayahuasca on january. So what i have felt si justo the warmth and strangeness of My own intergaláctic cult. With entitied fixated on My breathing rythm. Saludos!

some one
#37 Posted : 9/22/2022 2:05:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan wrote:
I've not read the earlier Yocan reposrts, but I'll do that soon. I'm not the most experienced on this forum, not by far. But I've done DMT for 3 years, around onece every week. Started with changa in a pipe, then changed to Bat GVG. So even if I'm new to wax atomizers I do have a fair amout of experiences on vaporizing DMT. What I don't have is experience of a good Mod, so I don't know how to compare it to the best methods.

But what I can say is that I prefer it to the GVG, the vapor was really smooth, nothing got burned, it was quick, easy, simple to understand, re-load and to clean.

Next time I'll try without harmalas and see how breakthrough is going.

To be clear I was referring to AbsolutelyPureDMT, the topic starter. Like I said:

Quote:

Meaning:
- 1-2 hit breakthroughs
- Easy to use, no steep learning curve
- Smooth, no harsh vapor
- Consistent, no hit and mis
- Efficient (25mg), no 50mg dosages

So far the Yocan advises from reddit (note the reddit talk in AbsolutelyPureDMT's post) haven't lived up to their expectations. I believe this is due to first timers posting vaporizer tips while lacking experience (they dont have reference using other devices yet). See the nexus forum links in my previous post above. Again, if the Obrit works that's great. But I'm waiting for multiple users (like yourself) reporting good results before buying and advise others to do the same, is all..
some = one | here = some | there = one

starway7
#38 Posted : 9/22/2022 2:39:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just want to put my findings in about the orbit heater.. I dont have the complete unit..only the quartz heater;; i tryed with my mod..

Using an infra red thermometer..with my mod connected to the ..orbit quartz heater..[at 30 watts]... it takes close to 3 seconds to reach ..
300 F.. or a little higher ... 160c or 320F the temp needed to vaporize sp..

the vapor comes rooling out of the top kinda slowly .. but with someone taking a pull im shure it comes out faster..

It doesnt seem to vaporize ..[all of the material at once cleanly].. like E mesh does..it leaves a fair amount of un vaporized product stuck to the glass walls...

using With the orbit heat controls...[hi low?].. you dont really know what temperature its reaching?

when the product heats up?... using my mod set at 30 watts... the glass or quartz walls are too hot to touch .. and the product seems to cling to the walls of the hot glass and slowly move upwards ..[without taking a pull]..as it heats turning into a vapor.

i guess a big glob of pot wax would produce a lot of vapor...but sp.. might not vape the same?

the product is vaporizing in.. [a conduction way]....with hot air riseing from coil below ,..and vaporizing off of the hot glass...so its possible to burn the material if too hot..

the little orbit heater is kinda nicely made...and it took 30 watts without burning out maybe it will go higher and perform better connected to a mod ??

murklan
#39 Posted : 9/22/2022 3:37:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:

To be clear I was referring to AbsolutelyPureDMT, the topic starter.

Aha, now I see!

Quote:

Meaning:
- 1-2 hit breakthroughs
- Easy to use, no steep learning curve
- Smooth, no harsh vapor
- Consistent, no hit and mis
- Efficient (25mg), no 50mg dosages

So far the Yocan advises from reddit (note the reddit talk in AbsolutelyPureDMT's post) haven't lived up to their expectations. I believe this is due to first timers posting vaporizer tips while lacking experience (they dont have reference using other devices yet). See the nexus forum links in my previous post above. Again, if the Obrit works that's great. But I'm waiting for multiple users (like yourself) reporting good results before buying and advise others to do the same, is all..[/quote]

There seems to be difficult to find a ultimate solution to all this, so far. And I guess that your points can be of varying importance to different people. But I hope the search and creations continue towards something that will fix all of it. The Orbit is clean, easy and nice. Perhaps is it not 100% efficient (I also got melted spice climbing up the walls) but I also believe that the handling, pre-heating, strength of breathing and so on, will make things better.

starway7 wrote:

Using an infra red thermometer..with my mod connected to the ..orbit quartz heater..[at 30 watts]... it takes close to 3 seconds to reach ..300 F.. or a little higher ...

Good idea! I also have a infrared thermometer. I just wonder if it reads correctly on glass?

starway7 wrote:

the vapor comes rooling out of the top kinda slowly .. but with someone taking a pull im shure it comes out faster..

I also think it effects the vapor if you are pulling air through it. When I use it I can't see any vapor because it to close to my mouth. Might try to find a tube to extend it of using a mirror (but I'm not to fond of the idea of watching myself then lifting of).

starway7 wrote:

using With the orbit heat controls...[hi low?].. you dont really know what temperature its reaching?

True, it just says "the lowest being 3.4 volts, the middle temperature level being 3.7 volts, while the highest temperature level is at 4.0 volts.". But if calculating (the coil is said to be 0.4 ฮฉ) it gives: Lowest 29 W, middle 34 W, highest 40 W.

starway7 wrote:

the product is vaporizing in.. [a conduction way]....with hot air riseing from coil below ,..and vaporizing off of the hot glass...so its possible to burn the material if too hot..

I'm not sure what you mean by 'with hot air riseing from coil below'. The air is probably quite cold then pulled it and the heat is directly transferred through the bottom of the glass cup. It can surely burn if you hold the button to long with to high voltage. But I didn't notice any of this when I used it (~6 times with 15 - 33 mg each) and I held the button for around 10 sec, sometimes pausing for a sec in the middle.

edit: I also might add that I wonder how much the level of the pen effects the vapor. If you hold it 45 deg. it might collect the melted spice in one corner of the cup, perhaps. using the terp balls would change that but might have other issues. When I used it I held it almost vertical but it makes it a bit awkward.

starway7
#40 Posted : 9/22/2022 4:25:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are two short video clips...[if you can open them?]]...using my mod set on 30 watts with orbit heater on top..

you can see the vapor comming from the heater from the tiny bit of residue left on glass heater...

you wont see a lot of vapor now because i test heated it several times before vaping off most of the sp residue from glass sides..

it usually will give off more thick vapor than this on video],,, only i vaped off most of the residue left on the glass earlier in tests .....[ notice how the product residue is turning dark]

when i said hot air rising ...i simply mean [heat rises].. but i believe most of the coil heat is being absorbed into the ...quartz /glass] material....it seems a bit slow at vaporizing the product...about 3 seconds..

orbit is capable of large vapor hits using weed wax...see demo below...

https://youtu.be/EFzgzw4MLDM

play clips below..

PREV123NEXT