We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Yocan Orbit Best Ever For DMT Options

AbsolutelyPureDMT
#1 Posted : 8/20/2022 4:44:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I’m a benchtop lab worker delving into the practical chemistry of DMT.

[I hope a moderator can liberate this post into the vaping category. I didn’t see that I could and indeed should have posted in Welcome Discussion but I also don’t see a delete button to rid it here. I’ve answered the full Nexus questioner. Sadly, MintyLove who promotes direct eMesh on Reddit and YouTube, along with the Volt and 510 cartridges, he quickly banned even the original post when I added this study I had just finished to someone’s post on Reddit.com/r/MintyLove about the Orbit. That community is going to lack this amazing news unless some outreach is done. Evidently Yocan spammed their forum over the years so he called me a shill and banned my account from his Reddit group.]

The new $35 Yocan Orbit quartz cup vaporizer works much better than the Pulsar APX Volt and as such becomes a better option even than esoteric direct eMesh kits since it’s very much easier to use, much more compact, much faster to acquire, much cheaper, and has 50% greater battery capacity than the Volt.

Here’s proof.

A large (3 litre stroke) Coleman hand pump inflator was used as an artificial lung through a soft transparent tube connected to the mouthpieces. The density of vapor given off from 35mg DMT is then directly visible and the more dense it is we know the faster the DMT is being used up.

If the vapor is so dense you can’t see through it at all, that’s an eMesh level of burst dosage. But if it’s wispy and variable and comes and goes as you are forced to blindly pulse the battery button to make sure it’s still on, that’s APX Volt drudgery that never really finishes the whole dose, though this is somewhat better with the expensive bubbler mouthpiece that falls off so easy.

The sweet spot is the Yocan Orbit without the included swirling glass balls, with its quite dense vapor that then abruptly finishes. The crack pipe inspired The Machine comes in last, though is itself a big step up from an oil burner pipe.

Here is steady output about five seconds past initiation of visible vapor flow:

The superiority of the Orbit is by specific design where their silicone fan disk comes right down and seals against the top of the quartz cup, so all air sucked out must pass down through the airflow torquing fan channels into the cup, whereas the Volt has only passive air flow past instead of into the cup.

Bad airflow design is why the Volt is notorious for burning DMT, in that it requires excess heating to get much vapor rising up into the passive airstream flowing past instead of into the cup so air never pushes down into the cup to create active vaporization.

In fact, it’s even worse when you realize the Volt blocks airflow by using a dead end tube mouthpiece with a mere single side slot in it! No wonder you are forced to actually boil your DMT right to the very edge of decomposition to get vaping to happen.

It’s quite fun and in fact useful that the Orbit uses a thin round wire coil that glows bright orange since it’s rather hard to notice if the Volt is still heating or else has timed out. The Volt also has a 0.4 ohm coil but doesn’t glow at all at lower voltages and at the top voltage you can still hardly see it glow since the cup is surrounded by a thick copper cage.

The Volt’s flat ribbon coil is bonded to the glass cup bottom like a transistor so transfers its heat too well to visibly glow even at moderate power.

Top power is 40W for the Orbit or 34W for the Volt but since the Orbit coil is a thin round wire that’s rather short, standing naked in air below the cup, it lights up like an Edison bulb even on the lowest setting of only 29W. Direct eMesh constant wattage settings are typically only 15-20 W but the DMT is on the heating element itself so there’s no thermal barrier at all.

The Orbit spinning glass balls actually hinder the process because the centrifugal effect along the slightly curved and undulated wall of the cup make the pair of spinning balls rise a millimeter or two above the bottom and this retains by capillary action the last portion of the thin melted DMT, alas uselessly out of reach of the hot bottom so vaping stops early whereas without the balls the vortex of guided airflow pushing down slides the last droplets of DMT back to the hot cup bottom, something completely absent in the APX Volt design. The harder you suck vapor up out the mouthpiece, the stronger the downward tornado vortex into the cup, like how Dyson vacuum cleaners work so well.

Mere wind speed has great effects on water pool evaporation way below the boiling point and so a guided super fast spinning vortex in a vaporizer cup will greatly enhance evaporation too. Since the flowing air temperature cannot sustain a gas state, you get droplets of vapor as the immediate condensed result.

The Volt black painted copper cage has much more thermal mass than the thin glass cup inside it, and the cage starts cold, another reason you are forced to practically boil DMT into harsh bitter decomposition to get anything out of the Volt. You must superheat the cup center just to reach mass condensation above by heating the entire metal cage, impossibly, then destructively.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

AbsolutelyPureDMT
#2 Posted : 8/20/2022 5:24:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NOTE ON VAPORIZATION:

There is a common misunderstanding that you need a phase transition boiling temperature to initiate then maintain vaporization. This rule of thumb is simply bogus, and if you heat DMT to its atmospheric pressure boiling point estimated to be over 375°C from vacuum distillation charts, it will already be decomposing (“burning”) by splitting off ammonia to become vinyl indole and that will readily polymerize into rapidly darkening residue.

Vaporization does not rely on boiling a liquid into the gas state which is a very large volume expansion by the way, but evaporation below the boiling point under amplified influence of air flow such that the gas immediately recondenses into nanoscale liquid droplets of low volume thus high dosage impact per lung full of highly visible vapor whereas gasses besides things like bromine are invisible.

If we were really outright boiling DMT then it would merely superheat before angrily exploding into a big splash, no it wouldn’t all just pop into being an invisible gas with a volume of 38.8L/mole at 200°C or 35mg DMT becoming 7mL volume of gas. We aren’t generating gas, but a cloud of liquid vapor droplets that have no time to recrystallize before landing on lung tissue. Vacuum distillations require boiling stones to avoid losing the bulk from a sudden bump into huge bubbles that force the bulk liquid over.

A fun exception to how boiling is undesirable is how a truly overheated bowl of a dab rig works, where you have no slow overheating that bumps but instant gasification from a very thin layer of briefly boiling DMT that makes the droplet suspend itself until it’s suddenly gone, again transformed into cooler visible vapor droplets after entering the cool air flow. This is how Nick Sand invented DMT smoking, by spilling some crystals onto a hotplate and they disappeared into a cloud. It’s just not very practical for a staticky fluffy powder used in a portable dab rig. But then neither is direct eMesh very practical since loading spills over so easily and the liquid eventually drops down into the contacts.

Wikipedia: “DMT BP 160 °C (320 °F) @ 0.6 Torr (80 Pa)” so from https://www.sigmaaldrich...mograph-interactive-tool

We get 375°C, enough to decompose any alkaloid!

Vaporization is rapid evaporation usually far below the boiling point followed my immediate condensation back into nanoscale liquid droplets which looks like smoke but instead of smoke particles are are instead liquid vapor.

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 8/20/2022 9:34:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thank you for such an in depth analysis and review. I'm sure many people will find it helpful.

I would be curious of an analysis of this device as well.

I will move your post for you.

I have yet to read your whole post but am looking forward to doing so.

Welcome to the Nexus.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

null24
#4 Posted : 8/21/2022 6:13:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I too appreciate this, and at that price point, it’s worth an experiment.

I’m kind of a modified crack pipe enthusiast but would like something more discrete, easy and transportable. Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

RowRowRowYourBoat
#5 Posted : 8/21/2022 6:29:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you use the rubber tube to extend the mouthpiece when vaping or is it mellow enough to draw on directly? What size is that tubing anyway?

Is the atomizer itself 510 threaded so it can be used on another mod?
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

murklan
#6 Posted : 8/22/2022 12:25:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Definitely interesting! But I cant seem to find one for sale in Europe.

starway7
#7 Posted : 8/22/2022 2:30:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice little pen..but it appears they are wrongly calling ..[conduction vapor].. [convection vapor]..

[convection vapor is made by hot air only!.,. passing through the product]

Vapor Quality
Yocan markets the Hit as having convection vapor, but this is certainly not true. It uses a standard ceramic conduction oven seen on many budget herb vaporizers but also high end units like the DaVinci IQ2.Dec 8, 2021

Yocan HIT Vaporizer for 59.99 | For Dry Herbhttps://www.yocanvaporizer.com › products › yocan-hi...
Yocan hit convection vapor? from www.yocanvaporizer.com
It's outfitted with a convection oven that's designed and engineered to vaporize your select dry herb strains. ... This allows the herbs to be vaporized without .

RowRowRowYourBoat
#8 Posted : 8/22/2022 5:12:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Going back and looking I don't think I see convection mentioned in any of yocan's marketing, or in OP's post either. Though I could see how it could be confused since airflow seems to be a critical part of the process as OP describes it, but just for the vaporization process, not the heating itself. It is heated with conduction, but the addition of directed airflow into the bucket has some similarities in form that someone might think it is talking about convection, although, like you said, it strictly isn't.

Its seems yocan markets the importance of the airflow into the bucket as being because it makes the pearls spin. I'm not even sure they have figured out why directing air into the bucket could be helpful.

Quote:
AIR FLOWS, BALLS SPIN
Convert the kinetic energy of airflow into the kinetic energy of quartz balls. Simply inhale and the two quartz balls will rotate at a very high speed to achieve even heating distribution and sufficient vaporization.

Their diagram on their website even shows the airflow incorrectly passing through the coil and the bottom of the solid glass bucket Laughing , so I'm not sure there is too much point in going after their marketing material anyway.
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

murklan
#9 Posted : 8/22/2022 6:34:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Got it from Uk. Will try out and report back.

L-dreamer
#10 Posted : 8/22/2022 11:21:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm interested in this.
The e-mesh gives me incredibly harsh smoke, and even cigarette smokers noticed this and could not take the full hit of let's say 15 mg of DMT, no matter how low I left the temperature. I want to try more DMT vaporization, I am not sure if this new rig will help but I will see.

The store website recommends me to get replacement coils, how and why and when do I need those?
It also recommends a replacement mouthpiece, is it different than the one I get with the actual device? Is it longer? Someone on youtube noted that these things can get pretty hot, do I need another mouthpiece?

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 8/22/2022 11:46:16 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

murklan wrote:

Link?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#12 Posted : 8/23/2022 4:04:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In response to RowRowRowYourBoat
AbsolutelyPureDMT wrote:
“The cheap replacement atomizer for the Orbit that includes the three parts of mouthpiece, cup, and 510 base indeed fits perfectly on a mod box (Geekvape L200). It needs 25-30W.

https://files.catbox.moe/y6ng7m.jpeg

It even works atop the battery of a Pulsar APX Volt at top power (3.7V).

https://files.catbox.moe/v28uf0.jpeg

To find sales of the atomizer only use the search “Yocan Orbit Wax Atomizer” for $20 or less offers to use on various 510 thread batteries you already own.”

I may move this thread back to where the OP can freely respond as they have not been promoted yet.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

AbsolutelyPureDMT
#13 Posted : 8/23/2022 5:43:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The cheap replacement atomizer for the Orbit that includes the three parts of mouthpiece, cup, and 510 base indeed fits perfectly on a mod box (Geekvape L200). It needs 25-30W.

It even works atop the battery of a Pulsar APX Volt at top power (3.7V).

To find sales of the atomizer only use the search “Yocan Orbit Wax Atomizer” for $20 or less offers to use on various 510 thread batteries you already own.

murklan
#14 Posted : 8/23/2022 7:25:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
murklan wrote:

Link?

Yocan Orbit Vaporizer Pen

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 8/23/2022 8:13:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for that, murklan!

Might see what I can get hold of to screw onto my modbox, as per AbsolutelyPureDMT's suggestion.

So thank you to both of you, in fact.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

murklan
#16 Posted : 8/23/2022 10:09:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad to be of any help!

And one thing regarding your interest downwardsfromzero. You seems to have been here for a while, but still have curiosity for new ways and devices. DMT is known for being a bit tricky and it seems like we're many who keeps trying to find the most efficient, easiest, safest way to inhale it.

One thing I'm thinking of is how our body is a part of the ROA so to say. I've read other suggesting that there might be a issue with the lungs not picking up/transporting DMT after long use. I've noticed a gradual change over my 2+ years with the spice. Both regarding that I don't get much visuals anymore, and that it seems like it's a bit more difficult to absorb DMT in the lungs. Could be a connection, or not.

fink
#17 Posted : 8/24/2022 12:19:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Do you smoke tobacco murklan? I've been told by the spice to stop smoking and that my lack of vivid visuals may be because of tobacco use. I quit for 3 weeks and was feeling good about it, though have since started again shamefully. I'm reticent to travel until I have completed the task I was assigned. Partly as I'm embarrassed to meet them again and be told I already know the answer.

Anyhow, I ask out of curiosity since you mentioned lesser visuals.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Voidmatrix
#18 Posted : 8/24/2022 12:44:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
Do you smoke tobacco murklan? I've been told by the spice to stop smoking and that my lack of vivid visuals may be because of tobacco use. I quit for 3 weeks and was feeling good about it, though have since started again shamefully. I'm reticent to travel until I have completed the task I was assigned. Partly as I'm embarrassed to meet them again and be told I already know the answer.

The topic is interesting to me as I have a planned break coming up for the month of September.

Also, I use tobacco products regularly and don't really have a loss of visuals. Granted, as I've mentioned, I'm hypersensitive, so that may lend itself to my experience.

One love

murklan
#19 Posted : 8/24/2022 8:59:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:

Well I don't smoke tobacco on my own, only when someone around me is having cigarettes. And then only a few puffs. This might happen 1-4 times a week. So no, not much tobacco for me. And is not tobacco sometimes a part of ayahuasca ceremonies? But that is probable quite different from our 'factory cigarettes'

fink
#20 Posted : 8/24/2022 12:10:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I smoke roll ups pretty habitually at the moment. Glad to hear it doesnt affect your experiences Void. I remember reading that tobacco may contain maoi? So I figured addictive levels of smoking may dull the strength of DMT? Anyhow, I should quit, that message is clear.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

123NEXT