We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Previously Undescribed alkaloids and anti-tumor activity of P. Harmala Options

Woolmer
#1 Posted : 8/7/2022 3:07:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.researchgate...from-Peganum-harmala.pdf

While the paper is rather focused on the anti-tumour capabilities of P. Harmala with indeed very interesting results, it also lists 6 undescribed alkaloids of P. harmala, as well as 6 alkaloids that were not known to occur in the genus of peganum. To note they used aerial parts of the plant.

Quote:
In our previous investigation on the seeds and roots of P. harmala, a series of antitumor alkaloids with novel scaffolds such as pegaharmines A-D, peganumine A, and pegaharmols A-B were found (Wang et al., 2016, 2017; Li et al., 2020). HPLC analysis on the total alkaloids from the aerial parts, seeds and roots of P. harmala revealed the presence of different constituents. Thus, our investigation on the alkaloids of the aerial parts of P. harmala led to the isolation of 20 compounds including six previously undescribed ones.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

murklan
#2 Posted : 8/7/2022 10:01:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good finding!
I don't understand much of the paper, but I really hope that it leads to further studies of this fascinating plant.
Thank you.

Jees
#3 Posted : 8/8/2022 2:33:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up Woolmer.
I'm too green to understand all, but the result counts.

dithyramb
#4 Posted : 8/8/2022 4:44:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The aerial parts are very active. It was too strong and serious for me and I couldn't get myself to try drinking light on top of it. The seeds appear recreational in comparison... Thank you for sharing.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Woolmer
#5 Posted : 8/8/2022 7:01:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting account dithyramb.

Would be curious to hear more accounts, as the aerial alkaloids are clearly different to the seeds.

Quote:
By analyzing the structural characteristics of all the separated products, the main alkaloids from the aerial parts of P. harmala were found to be quinoline- and quinazoline-type, which were significantly different from the alkaloids reported in seeds and roots.

dithyramb
#6 Posted : 8/8/2022 7:31:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes it is very interesting. Even with such a difference in alkaloids, the visuals were the same as seeds. Triangular patterns and pyramids are a very common theme in my allied strain of rue.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo