We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Wanna know a secret Options

Homo Trypens
#61 Posted : 9/28/2022 9:33:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

PedroSanchez wrote:
i think the general consensus is that there is something better after the cycle. maybe it is worse though Surprised
i can't speak for "truthhurts", but for me it would be the knowledge that comes with escaping the cycle and the exploration into something new and of higher consciousness (i am assuming) that would tempt me. that said there is still plenty more we can do in our current state that we have not done yet and still plenty more to learn as humans.

I see, thank you.

This all reminds me a lot of Lila / Leela, the game of life that originated in ancient India.

https://vdoc.pub/download/the-yoga-of-snakes-and-arrows-the-leela-of-self-knowledge-2criejg5aoug

It's a phenomenal game, and maybe more than that depending on world view. It lost a lot when it became just snakes and ladders...

While players can only end the game when they're on "cosmic consciousness", all players started there as well. They chose to play or not. Once you're playing, i feel like the purpose is mostly to have fun doing it. And learn about the possible states and transitions between them. You will get back to that square eventually, and there's not really a way to speed it up (if we ignore the existence of rigged dice Very happy ). There are no winners or losers.

I don't know if this is related much to how existence actually works, but i like the metaphor.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

PedroSanchez
#62 Posted : 10/5/2022 6:13:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you for that game link. i was not aware of that game. we play games a lot in my house so i will be trying this out, thanks.

some excellent points raised here, a lot of food for thought. i think exitwound has summed up how i feel.
we can speculate, and we should, but maybe we will never understand Sad

merkin
#63 Posted : 10/5/2022 6:35:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

travellertime wrote:
When you pass away. Don't go into the light.

Strangely this is the direct opposite advice that one of my favourite books (The Tibetan Book of the Dead) gives the dying soul. No book has ever resonated with me as much and the descriptions of the Bardo have much in common with the experiences of psychedelics. It is our fear of The light which turns us away and down the slippery slope to reincarnation...

Cool

downwardsfromzero
#64 Posted : 10/5/2022 2:46:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

merkin wrote:
travellertime wrote:

Strangely this is the direct opposite advice that one of my favourite books (The Tibetan Book of the Dead) gives the dying soul. No book has ever resonated with me as much and the descriptions of the Bardo have much in common with the experiences of psychedelics. It is our fear of The light which turns us away and down the slippery slope to reincarnation...

Cool

Makes you wonder about the veracity of the rest of this great, self-proclaimed sage's advice really, doesn't it? "Don't go into the light, aim a bit off to the left so you just miss." Kind of reminds me of Douglas Adams' premise of learning how to fly by throwing yourself at the ground and missing.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PedroSanchez
#65 Posted : 10/13/2022 8:36:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

apparently not everybody experiences a light, at least from reports. maybe they were about to though, but never got that far.

dragonrider
#66 Posted : 10/13/2022 4:24:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
merkin wrote:
travellertime wrote:

Cool

Makes you wonder about the veracity of the rest of this great, self-proclaimed sage's advice really, doesn't it? "Don't go into the light, aim a bit off to the left so you just miss." Kind of reminds me of Douglas Adams' premise of learning how to fly by throwing yourself at the ground and missing.

Well, apparently, archangel azrael was asked to put up a beacon somewhere so that the dead could find their way to the pearly gates. But when god said:"remember, it's in the third corridor to the left", he thought god meant it was his left (azraels), forgetting how self-centered his employer can be sometimes.

Varox
#67 Posted : 10/13/2022 4:38:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My good old friend, "The Illusion of Becoming", we meet again.

You always say: "Oh you are not complete, do this. Oh you can be happier, do that. Oh you can have more, go this way."

But it never really ends, does it my friend? When is enough?

I guess wherever thought is, there will this idea be too.

Before it was getting a degree, I guess now it is "dont go into the light"?

For the one who writes, psychedelics always pretty much felt like "Tat Tvam Asi".

I AM THIS, I AM THAT, I AM ALL, I AM LOVE. So go where from where? How much more all fits in all?

Namaste

Peace out.

Marchant de Sable
#68 Posted : 10/17/2022 12:26:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My mother asked me to get the grocerys for dinner so I searched on the internet "spice + recipeeee" to get some and I ended learning a lot from this thread.

The profecy, something about 8 spiders finger with lung thumbs, dog mushroom penises, fiber atomic yogurt cat, paragrahs and sarcasm are a usefull tool of a burning pirate and of course this is all nonsensical so i must not comment on the interweb as to not increase entropy.

When I unplug to the other reality I will come with a empty hand, no grocerys! but I will not be mad with my mother because I'm all to blame as I choose the light to come out from her vagina.

"Eat fiber"
"She drank from a bottle called DRINK ME
And she grew so tall,
She ate from a plate called TASTE ME
And down she shrank so small.
And so she changed, while other folks
Never tried nothin' at all."

downwardsfromzero
#69 Posted : 10/19/2022 8:07:55 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Marchant de Sable wrote:
My mother asked me to get the grocerys for dinner so I searched on the internet "spice + recipeeee" to get some and I ended learning a lot from this thread.

The profecy, something about 8 spiders finger with lung thumbs, dog mushroom penises, fiber atomic yogurt cat, paragrahs and sarcasm are a usefull tool of a burning pirate and of course this is all nonsensical so i must not comment on the interweb as to not increase entropy.

When I unplug to the other reality I will come with a empty hand, no grocerys! but I will not be mad with my mother because I'm all to blame as I choose the light to come out from her vagina.

"Eat fiber"

That was the tastiest word salad I've encountered since about forever Laughing

The universe shall see to it that you are awarded the commemorative shopping bag which you so justly deserve. Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

«PREV234