We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How many of you have successfully vaped Harmalas? Options

n0thing
#1 Posted : 3/20/2019 1:08:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, they are stubborn vaporizers. It has a Melting point 232–234 °C (another source states 262-264c)and a boiling point of 421.4°C

However, A substance doesn’t have to reach its boiling point to vaporize. (As examples: Ice on a cold, dry winter day will evaporate; hot water will vigorously steam well below its boiling point; acetone quickly evaporate without boiling)

So then, have any of you successful vaped it in a dry herb vaporizer? They currently only reach around 430f/220c (10c under melting point). apparantly around 15 mg is needed to get the harmala feeling.

It absolutely does not work for my in an e-cig as it hardly dissolves in PG and just gunks up my atomizer.

Couldnt really find much info on this previously apart from one guy who recently said he had.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

LongTimeWaiting
#2 Posted : 3/20/2019 3:09:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have vaped harmine in a rig for dabs. It's not entirely easy and it often required me to inhale as I'm heating it because it would often go from a powder to a liquid. It definitely works and you'll definitely feel it, but it might be too harsh for some people because it requires heat as you inhale. I was dosing higher than 15mg so maybe you could get the whole 15mg in one hit but I doubt it.

To further explain my method, I would heat the nail, drop in the harmine while inhaling and start heating it up again while inhaling and using a dab pen to swirl the powder/liquid around in the nail. It always took more than one breath, but if you could handle it, I say go for it.

For the sake of it, I'll add my experience to the post as well. I never became nauseous or felt ill like some do under higher doses, however, I did feel a touch of anxiety that passed after a few minutes. I don't believe I have ADHD, but it almost felt like harmine stopped my racing mind to a halt and allowed me to meditate with ease. I never really plan to meditate, when I get in the mood I just do, and harmine always put me in the mood to just sit there and relax. It always brought me to a state of serene peace and to a state where I felt "stoned". At one point I considered replacing my daily THC habit to a harmine habit but decided to stop daily drug use. This stuff is powerful in its own right. Gravity seemed heavier and I always ended up sitting in a chair. If I were to describe it in one word, I would say "relaxing".

Let us know if you're able to vape it.

Quetzal7
#3 Posted : 3/20/2019 5:30:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To smoke it was not easy , it works - i sandiwsh it with a herbal mix - (i don't know the efficiency), i would put 50mg harmalk and get a full hour deep meditation.
Then i got a glass bulb kind of stuff, that you heat with the flame under it ;
As the effect is slow coming and quite long, i would not try to smoke it fast or in one hit. It was harsh, and i probably burned part of the product, but it seems to work better.
This is how i started meditating really.

Now, i mostly do it orally, and let it sneak through the day =)

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 3/20/2019 10:22:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried harmala freebase from rue, based with lye. Tried to vape in a glass pot pipe with a brillo plug in the bowl, the way I vape spice, with a bic lighter. This produced no visible vapor. I had better results sprinkling a knife tip of these alkaloids onto tobacco and rolling into a cigarette. I smoke the cigarette prior to vaping spice.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

blue.magic
#5 Posted : 3/20/2019 11:03:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I managed to vaporize harmala free base in GVG using a torch lighter. I had to however heat up the ceramic disc red hot to see some vapour.

n0thing
#6 Posted : 3/23/2019 2:35:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

blue.magic wrote:
Yes I managed to vaporize harmala free base in GVG using a torch lighter. I had to however heat up the ceramic disc red hot to see some vapour.

2headsARE1 wrote:
I've always vaped my changa in a VG with success most of the time. It does best if you really hammer it with the torch, and do a slow inhale, but even if you don't have the best technique, you still get a great experience. The dry herb is always black & charred, so I think it gets warm enough. I can always tell by the visuals if it's heading in the direction of being more DMT like, or more harmala influenced.

What were you vaping on? Herb? I would imagine this could potentially cause smoke which would nullify the objective of vaping.

What temperature do you estimate your vaping to be at?