We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[IMPORTANT] New chat rules Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 3/14/2015 4:59:54 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Dear members,

For a while I have been away from the DMT-Nexus, mostly due to me being way too busy with work. When I finally returned however and read the chat I was shocked about the topics discussed there.

The talk about topics that were so non-nexian worthy was stunning! The usual constructive talk about the things we promote as the DMT-Nexus were gone while talk about rape, violence, drug trading and obsessive and opressive talk seemed to have become the norm.

What also worried me is that due to this horrible garbage that roamed the main rooms, the more sensible members retreated to their own private rooms, thereby possibly turning the situation into a vicious circle since the so needed constructive talk stays away from the rest of us.

Now I can do two things:
1. Shut down and remove the chat completely from the site or
2. Remove all unwated elements from the chat;

To me option 2 is still the better one, though if we keep returning to this bad state I might revert back to option 1.

To implement option 2 a few important things need to change.

PURPOSE OF THE CHAT

The chat is for engaging your peers in the community with a faster pace than the forums. It is NOT for saying things that would get you into trouble on the forums. It is primarily for discussing safe use of psychedelics, and techniques for how to apply their use to your life in a healthy way.

The chat-room is intended to be a safe place where members can interact with each other by asking questions and sharing their ideas in a respectful atmosphere. Please make sure you contributions in the chat-room leave space available for these discussions!

Then another important aspect of the chat is that people come into the chat while tripping. Either to find peers or to find help for a difficult experience that they are going through. Having to read all that hate stuff while tripping is THE WORST that can happen at such a moment.

SERIOUS MISBEHAVIOR IN CHAT WILL NOW RESULT IN A PERMANENT BAN FROM THE CHAT

There are things that you just cannot talk about in the chat (or on this site for that matter), just common sense is enough to know what you can and cannot talk about. But, since there are always people who love to edge on common sense, I will list some of the more important things you cannot talk about later in this post.

Since these things are so serious it means that if you still express them, it will result in an immediate and PERMANENT ban from the chat. This permanent ban cannot be revoked and it will be YOUR responsibility that this will never happen.

If you do not have the common sense to understand this or even 'jokingly' chat about these things then I cannot emphasize enough that you will get PERMANENTLY banned from the chat without ever coming back!

If you get permanently banned from chat, any reasoning and begging to revoke it will be ignored, it's PERMANENT, you should have known and you should feel bad about it.

EXAMPLES THAT WILL GET YOU IMMEDIATELY AND PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM THE CHAT

Here is a list of the things that will immediately get you banned from the chat, permanently. This list serves as an example and it is certainly not limited to these items. YOU have to use your own common sense to think about what you can and cannot talk about. If you are not sure if you can talk about something then ask a moderator or just keep your mouth shut.

The immediate and permanent ban list items:
* Talk of hurting people (like talking about posting nudes of people on facebook without their consent)
* Serious violence (like shooting people, raping people, purposely destroying other peoples property)
* Hate talk

These items are so common sense that there is no reasonable excuse for ever talking about it in our chat.

So things like "I did not know", "I was only joking" and "I thought this was not a problem" are no excuses. If you utter these words it probably means that you have been permanently banned from chat and that you should have used that brain of yours before vomiting your deeds in our midst.

EXAMPLES THAT MIGHT GET YOU PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM THE CHAT IF YOU CONTINUE WITH IT

* Sexism, Racism, Homophobia and other oppressive talk;

There is no reason to ever express this. If you do however you can expect a firm warning. After this first warning there will be no second one but a permanent ban from the chat.

* Talking about selling, buying, sourcing, acquiring, pricing, trading, mentioning pending deliveries or smuggling of drugs;

Doing this and/or trying to edge on this will get you a warning. If you choose to disregard this warning then the next time will result in a PERMANENT ban from the chat.

* Obsessive talk, constantly derailing conversations and senseless unrelated talk, flooding the chat, ignoring other member's requests for subject or attitude change;

Some people just keep talking about the same subject over and over again, examples of this are continuously talking about your sexual ways, political ramblings and continuously nagging about the same old subject.

Keep an eye out for other people in the chat who are getting irritated by your behavior, if you notice this then tone down your ramblings or just stop completely.

For this you will get a warning first, then after this warning you better make sure you get a feeling for the other people in the chat or a permanent ban will follow.

The Traveler

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

hardboiled
#2 Posted : 3/15/2015 1:27:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't been active in chat for a long time since life demands my attention more than ever but i do check from time to time and i remember that in the beginning (i am not a long timem member) when i would come in i would be welcomed and usually few private or open conversations would happen that gave a feeling of comeradery.
I do feel strongly that when someone comes in to a chat and says hello to the party already present that this person deserves at least a simple hello. Often when i was/am present people come and go and nobody reacts to the simplest gestures of that kind. Wut? I don't know perhaps i am to sensitive but it sucks to come in a circle and nobody even reacts to your simple greeting.Wut?
I get it that there are members that have been around for long time and they have mileage and certain status but sometimes it is really strange experience when you join the chat to have more direct experience than forum posts and you end up feeling like your not even there.
I don't know perhaps i am silly and have this illusion that people that come to this place are different than regular joes that you meet and in reallity we still can't escape the human game of tribes etc.
I have been banned once in the beginning for using improper language and i was the only one to blame. We all make poor judgments on daily basis and that is a part of a human game but we have capability to learn and implement.
Some part of me says there is always a second chance for anyone.
Since this is DMT NEXUS and certain standards that are being required from all members are there to protect, educate, welcome etc. than chat section is not different and same rules and principals apply.
I welcome new rules and i will try my best to represent nexus modus operandi. This is not my playground and not my rules and if i wanna play then i must abide those rules.
Now spread some love people!Love
˝What you are is this deep deep thing...and you love to play.˝ - ?

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 3/15/2015 8:39:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I don't know perhaps i am silly and have this illusion that people that come to this place are different than regular joes that you meet and in reallity we still can't escape the human game of tribes etc.

Yes, you are completly right. That's how human bonding works. I would try to not get discouraged by this. In some cases it seems to be enough to hang around a lot so people can familiarize themselves with your presence. I've noticed in many cases, that it can be hard to break into a circle. But even if you do, there will always (99% of all times) be some people who are more "famous" more liked who are getting more engaged no matter what.

In some cases, noone will understand the value of what you are saying and in some cases, value will be seen in things you don't see as full of value.

If you are not the anxious type, just sit back, relax, respect the culture and be engaging even if you won't get back much in the beginning.

As for the new rules, it is sad to have to spell them out and my personal wish is for this place to become a more safe environment to trip in as it has been many years ago.

#4 Posted : 5/1/2015 1:52:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

bump this thread....

<3

RhythmSpring
#5 Posted : 5/1/2015 2:07:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel like this may need some highlighting:

Quote:
* Obsessive talk, constantly derailing conversations and senseless unrelated talk, flooding the chat, ignoring other member's requests for subject or attitude change;

Some people just keep talking about the same subject over and over again, examples of this are continuously talking about your sexual ways, political ramblings and continuously nagging about the same old subject.

Keep an eye out for other people in the chat who are getting irritated by your behavior, if you notice this then tone down your ramblings or just stop completely.

I've experienced this twice in the past 2 days, both times resulting in my leaving the room.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Cognitive Heart
#6 Posted : 5/1/2015 3:10:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump for awareness and self-control. Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#7 Posted : 5/1/2015 6:32:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

RhythmSpring wrote:
I feel like this may need some highlighting:

Quote:

I've experienced this twice in the past 2 days, both times resulting in my leaving the room.

Same here...
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Pandora
#8 Posted : 5/1/2015 8:26:08 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Bravo Traveler. Either option you choose I will wholeheartedly support. imo it's been a long time comming - sad that people have to be explicitly told to treat people as they want to be treated, address folks respectfully and pay attention to what OTHERS are saying in the chat environment.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread or not but TALKING ABOUT DOSING PEOPLE NON-CONSENSUALLY is discussion of assault, pure and simple. I'd like to see a zero tolerance for that in chat also.

Needless to say, given what I've been through in life, I do not appreciate being addressed as a girl or an animal and I really do not care that our culture promotes it or that other women do it. I know it's not the primary issue here, but I just thought it was worth re-iterating.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

seagull
#9 Posted : 7/2/2016 2:40:01 AM

Hello world!

Throwing some ideas out there.

Perhaps make Chat only for full membership.
Create an extra room.
Chat moderators.

The chat has given me so many positive experience's / insights.
I wouldnt like it if it wouldnt be here no more. Also its bound to go wrong from time to time.
You&Iverse

#10 Posted : 12/6/2018 4:44:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

This thread needs a bump. Some people need to take a good look at this and know what they're saying before they start clicking keys in chat.

FranLover
#11 Posted : 12/6/2018 10:50:32 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

A man is not defiled by what enters his mouth, but by what comes out of it.
This is from the bible.
Hopefully this post will bring true interesting conversations on the chat.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

#12 Posted : 7/3/2019 11:20:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

a worthwhile bump

dreamer042
#13 Posted : 7/10/2020 12:11:35 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

The current events discussion that was going on in this thread has been relocated to the politics section.

You can access it here.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Xt
#14 Posted : 7/10/2020 3:52:14 PM

Cognitive Heart wrote:
Bump for awareness and self-control. Thumbs up

Embarrased
Anyone else sick of politics?

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Exitwound
#15 Posted : 7/10/2020 4:14:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sick is not a strong enough word for me!

I come here to read and talk with awesome and (what's most important) people who I view like my big crazy family.
My favourite topics are helping newbies like me and reading all about your awesome stories and discoveries.
Reading all this recent stuff makes me sad.

Lets all use this occasion to unite, rather than divide. I think this community should be exemplary for others, rather than following mainstream society in the way of unhealthy craziness.