We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lazyman's DMT extraction tek modified Options

Camponotus
#1 Posted : 3/18/2018 10:49:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

delete
It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#2 Posted : 3/18/2018 11:35:45 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

No, you cannot. It has to be a dry tek, which can be found in the WIKI.

endlessness wrote:
no you cant.. calcium hydroxide is very poorly soluble in water, it will only work for the so-called dry teks. If you want to use calcium hydroxide, do a dry tek like q21's tek, or amor fati's non-toxic approach or 69ron's food-safe cactus extraction (substituting the cactus for MHRB in your case Smile

substitute pickling lime for lye, lazyman's tek?

Please do a little bit of research before posting things that have been answered many times.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

DoingKermit
#3 Posted : 3/19/2018 4:02:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

protostar wrote:
I have one more question, which I cannot find the answer to, and I think that this might actually work.
Could I perform Lazyman's extraction tek with washing soda instead of lye?
In other words, do everything exactly as is outlined in Lazyman's tek, except replace lye with washing soda?
Thank you.

How hard did you look, protostar? There are plenty of threads dealing with the substitution. Basically Sodium Carb is too weak to use in place of Sodium Hydroxide in a standard STB tek. Emulsions form way too easily and you will have little to no yield. If you want a food safe option, use Calcium Hydroxide in a Dry Tek, as TGO pointed out.