PREV12
Lophophora Williamsii - Germination/Grow Log Options

tatt
#21 Posted : 8/26/2017 10:05:02 AM
[tôt]

smoothmonkey wrote:
Wow man!! THey're looking so plump and happy Big grin

Thanks brother Smile

Yeah I'm so happy with them. Alot of the major hurdles seem to be over. Been increasing the number of holes on the plastic lid over the course, and in about 1.5 weeks from now it'll be coming up on 3 months since they popped, and I'm probably going to remove the lid -as the lid has so many holes already that taking off the lid would probably be negligible in terms of RH.

Once they get about 6months-1year I'm purchasing some pereskiopsis and try my hand at grafting a couple. Get this party goin and get them to good size for future ingestion.

For to be idle is to become a stranger unto the seasons, and to step out of lifes procession, that marches in majesty in proud submission towards the infinite. - Khalil Gibran

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tatt
#22 Posted : 8/26/2017 3:00:04 PM
[tôt]

Decided to mix up give them a very mild organic fert - no/low N, high P, medium K.

I read that a high P, low/no N fertilizer is ideal, as N tends to stress them out too easily, cause N burn, or ends up swelling them up til the point of bursting open. The higher P helps with root development,tissue generation, etc from what I'd read.

Mixed up a pretty weak [organic] batch, decimal/low single digit range, more just a supplemental type thing. .5-2-1 N-P-K, applied it around the clusters of lophs, then gently watering it in afterwards with a spray bottle set on 'stream' spray. Lets see how they do.
For to be idle is to become a stranger unto the seasons, and to step out of lifes procession, that marches in majesty in proud submission towards the infinite. - Khalil Gibran

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 9/4/2017 5:05:10 PM

Eggnogstic

Quote:
Once they get about 6months-1year I'm purchasing some pereskiopsis

You might want to get that Pereskiopsis now so you've got plenty of nicely established stems to work with. Thumbs up
All posts by this user are purely fictitious and provided for entertainment purposes only.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora
???
Thinking of evaporating? Save money and the environment! Reuse your solvents!

tatt
#24 Posted : 9/4/2017 5:59:35 PM
[tôt]

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
Once they get about 6months-1year I'm purchasing some pereskiopsis

You might want to get that Pereskiopsis now so you've got plenty of nicely established stems to work with. Thumbs up

Sounds good to me, didn't even think of getting it right now. Mallachts has some nice peres so I'll give him a buzz. Smile

tatt
#25 Posted : 11/15/2017 9:58:42 AM
[tôt]

Long while since I updated this, all the babies are doing well; decided to put up a few shots of a few of the clusters [have around 20-sum lophs in total now].

Had a few issues with a couple becoming shriveled somewhat, though fixing my watering regimen - they seem to be rebounding nicely and will be fine.

Right at 5 months now from germination Smile

tatt attached the following image(s):
photo1.jpg (105kb) downloaded 112 time(s).
photo2.jpg (125kb) downloaded 112 time(s).

Ulim
#26 Posted : 11/15/2017 7:48:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smoothmonkey
#27 Posted : 11/16/2017 11:43:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What kind of lights are these under?
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

tatt
#28 Posted : 11/17/2017 12:07:33 AM
[tôt]

smoothmonkey wrote:
What kind of lights are these under?

Initially they were under two 12in T5s, now I added two more 12in bulbs to the fixture, so now 4 12in T5s, about 8 to 10in from them.

Also have a window sill style heatmat underneath the pot.

smoothmonkey
#29 Posted : 11/21/2017 8:01:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok thanks! Just wondering because mine are about 2 months old and they haven't really plumped down too much yet. they are under 1 12in T5. They have little fuzzies and a few small spikes but they still stand kind of tall. Maybe I'll move them under some stronger lights with my other plants soon
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

tatt
#30 Posted : 11/22/2017 12:16:43 AM
[tôt]

smoothmonkey wrote:
ok thanks! Just wondering because mine are about 2 months old and they haven't really plumped down too much yet. they are under 1 12in T5. They have little fuzzies and a few small spikes but they still stand kind of tall. Maybe I'll move them under some stronger lights with my other plants soon

No problem smoothmonkey Smile Yeah, they seem to take awhile to settle themselves and plump down into a more globular shape sometimes. I've seen quite a few grows from others to where they were pretty elongated [looked like trich babies lol], then eventually they recede and settle back closer to the soil and form their overall shape. Thumbs up

tatt
#31 Posted : 11/22/2017 11:44:01 PM
[tôt]

Here's a shot of the lot, aside from a couple stragglers, overall they seem to be doing what they do Very happy

The couple that were somewhat shriveled and affected are recovering nicely and getting their shape and color back and beginning to look like the rest. Smile

Also a few late bloomers decided to pop up, though they're not that obvious in the photo, will wait and see how they go; probably like 3-4 of them.
photo3.jpg (179kb) downloaded 52 time(s).

tatt
#32 Posted : 12/7/2017 4:00:30 PM
[tôt]

Just some up to date shots of the clusters [excluded the singles].

Funny I've had my eye on this one smaller loph in one of the clusters, and I'm prettty sure it's mutated/crested [on the last photo]. Love

photo4.jpg (158kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
photo3.jpg (170kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
photo2.jpg (171kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
photo1.jpg (132kb) downloaded 35 time(s).

permatrip
#33 Posted : 12/7/2017 9:21:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

very nice tatt. I hope you don't mind me showing a few of mine started in August, 14 of 17 seeds, Texans. I haven't counted my lophs , I have somewhere over a hundred. Based on my starting Trichocereus from seeds , I will harvest peyote first. and one a few years old with some quartz and a ruby crystal

permatrip attached the following image(s):
newpix 010.JPG (3,902kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
baby 001.JPG (2,446kb) downloaded 29 time(s).
put your hands in my hand and together we will take on all the world

jbark
#34 Posted : 12/7/2017 9:41:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They’re really coming along nicely! I planted 4 about 8 years ago, lost 3 and then nearly lost the last one this summer when I decided to put it outside - and the squirrels ate the top off!!

It has since pupped, so where there was one, there are now 3 😉 (oh, and I have replanted the top they chewed off, riddled with holes, but nothing yet and I frankly don’t hold much hope for it...)

Keep it up!

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

tatt
#35 Posted : 12/7/2017 9:52:38 PM
[tôt]

permatrip wrote:
very nice tatt. I hope you don't mind me showing a few of mine started in August, 14 of 17 seeds, Texans. I haven't counted my lophs , I have somewhere over a hundred. Based on my starting Trichocereus from seeds , I will harvest peyote first. and one a few years old with some quartz and a ruby crystal

Very nice! Beautiful so far Smile

jbark wrote:
They’re really coming along nicely! I planted 4 about 8 years ago, lost 3 and then nearly lost the last one this summer when I decided to put it outside - and the squirrels ate the top off!!

It has since pupped, so where there was one, there are now 3 😉 (oh, and I have replanted the top they chewed off, riddled with holes, but nothing yet and I frankly don’t hold much hope for it...)

Keep it up!

JBArk

Whaaat that's crazy about the squirrel Razz

Glad to here its throwing out pups though, they seem pretty resilient overall. I had knocked a few of these over and uprooted them accidently early on within the first few months, barely had any root/s at all, so stuck them back down in the soil mix, sat them upright - and now they've been doing great since. Very happy

PREV12