We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Unexpected strong mushroom trip(First time) Options

Symphonette
#1 Posted : 6/3/2015 10:48:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So about 2 weeks ago was my first time down Mushroom lane. They were Psilocybe Cubensis Penis Envy. I fasted for 14 hours and lemon tek'd 1 gram of ground mushrooms. They came on in about 20 minutes, at around 10:00am. It was the most intense psychedelic journey I have ever had. It blows 400ug+ of LSD out of the water. For the first while I had beautiful CEV, I had what appeared to be a female entity interacting with me, reaching into my soul, and looked to be pulling something out of me. It was almost like this(http://i.ytimg.com/vi/uCRVb-aerjA/0.jpg) but it had many more colours and was a different being altogether. At another point, I saw Ganesha of the Hindu religion. I opened my eyes to see everything waving, fluctuating colour saturations, shadows in peripheral vision, things melting and splashing into each other, audio was warped and reminded me of a few Shpongle songs, everything sounded philosophical, TV was overwhelming and gave me very bad vibrations, fractals all over the walls... My reality and everything I have ever known become almost unrecognisable. I thought I was dying, I was preparing myself for it anyway. During, I questioned everything, my beliefs, our society and our institutions. I remember me asking myself while peaking "Why do I even support the abolishment of the drug war, this is terrifying." I repeated it in my mind about 10-20 times; I laughed about it once I came down. I crawled into my bed in darkness because the OEV were too intense(for a second the grandfather clock which was in my living room lifted off the ground). The warm embrace of my blankets calmed me, and I just waited it out, thinking about everything. While in my bed, the CEV were done, it was probably an hour and a half into the trip. Whole thing lasted 3-4 hours till I was baseline. It was very spiritual, I realized how precious and delicate life is, and that I should appreciate everything I have. A very good learning and growing experience.

I wasn't expecting this level of potency, or does my body react heavily to psilocybin? I was expecting to have a low dose experience to ease myself into the substance. Anyone have similar experiences? I found post tripping that I didn't have a pounding headache as with LSD, it felt more clean and natural; earthly. I plan to do this again, but not before I have more practise in meditation. Should I up or lower the dose next time? Terence Mckenna once said that you need to take the right amount so you don't have the ability to resist, if you take below this, like I feel I did, it's overwhelming/scary. That's fine too, I don't see bad trips as bad. The trips people call bad teach you the most.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Doc Buxin
#2 Posted : 6/4/2015 12:19:28 AM

Pay No Mind

Wow! All that from 1 gram of cubensis? Amazing.

Perhaps the fasting & the lemon tek potentiated things.

I know well from my personal experiences that fasting in preparation for psychedelic journeys can potentiate the effects quite a bit.

As for your question about raising or lowering the dosage the next time, that's a personal decision. For me, if 1 gram gave me that strong of an experience, I'd probably stick to that level of dosage, but then again, I'm older & my "heroic dosage" stage of my life is far behind me.Smile

Best of luck with your mushroom journeys Symphonette!Thumbs up
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 6/4/2015 1:07:50 AM

Come what may

I am an amateur mycologist and love my mushroom friends! I like to stay in the 3-4 grams area but I like strong trips. I recently ingested seven grams of cubes and was just completely blown away. Seven grams was another story altogether. I wouldn't recommend taking that much. I was tripping so hard it was very hard to comprehend anything that was going on. I felt like someone was pressing all of their weight on me into my bed. I could hardly move or even talk. The hallucinations were quite amazing!

The overall experience was well prepared in advance. I came away from the experience feeling pretty good and felt great for days afterward. Please use care when using higher doses of mushrooms. Check out this link for more info -> https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=63419

Mushrooms are amazing!! I am so glad that you had the opportunity to experience them. I have learned so much from those little buggers! Good luck on your journey my friend! Welcome to the mushroom club!

Thumbs up
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

DmnStr8
#4 Posted : 6/4/2015 1:11:48 AM

Come what may

I love this picture!
DmnStr8 attached the following image(s):
10402730_832611306782862_8216460611867843266_n.jpg (72kb) downloaded 121 time(s).
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

travsha
#5 Posted : 6/4/2015 1:18:00 AM

Share Love ~

Sometimes it is easier when you take enough that you cant resist - you know you have to go with it at that point so you are committed to making the best of it!

Sounds like you might be sensitive to mushrooms though, unless it was just the fasting that made it so powerful...

You can always work your way up to a larger dose, or if you decide to jump right in, maybe having a sitter could be helpful.... Just in case!

Curious to hear how your next experience goes!

Symphonette
#6 Posted : 6/4/2015 2:38:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am definitely enjoying this mushroom side of town. I liked the fact that I could form a coherent sentence aloud. Unlike LSD where I was in 15 hour long stupor, couldn't think or talk right. I find 15 hours is too long, and even then, I just feel so drained and disgusting and my head aches for days after. Mushrooms are just so clean and I can function 100% after come down to go about my day, after a mere 3-4 hours.

Thanks guys for the interest in my experience. <3

Global
#7 Posted : 6/4/2015 2:51:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I agree that the fasting increased the potency, and doing the lemon tek probably made it that much stronger.

Symphonette wrote:
At another point, I saw Ganesha of the Hindu religion.

Your first time on mushrooms, eh? I encourage you to take a look into my Ganesha: The DMT Initiator thread, of which your thread will now receive mention.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Symphonette
#8 Posted : 6/4/2015 3:00:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
I agree that the fasting increased the potency, and doing the lemon tek probably made it that much stronger.

Symphonette wrote:
At another point, I saw Ganesha of the Hindu religion.

Your first time on mushrooms, eh? I encourage you to take a look into my Ganesha: The DMT Initiator thread, of which your thread will now receive mention.

I will take a look, and thanks. Do think these encounters of Ganesha provide some validity of the Hindu religion? Their respect for cattle, which in their dung grows magic mushrooms. Could be the basis for their religion, taking into account Terence Mckenna's many theories.

Godzy
#9 Posted : 6/4/2015 3:52:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

contact with an entity on 1 gram? i wish it hit me like that lol, imagine your experience on a heroic dose Laughing

Symphonette
#10 Posted : 6/4/2015 8:13:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah Godzy, it was insane. They say Cubensis Penis Envy's are 2-3x more potent than regular. Except not a lot of people grow because they require a bit more attention to cultivate, and drop very few spores.

starway6
#11 Posted : 6/4/2015 9:34:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm...Maybe fasting before smoking dmt will give great results too!Thumbs up

Symphonette
#12 Posted : 6/4/2015 9:37:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:

Have you put this theory to test?

Global
#13 Posted : 6/4/2015 9:43:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

starway6 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it worked out better, but I'm thinking that fasting would have a particularly stronger effect on mushrooms which are ingested as opposed to smoking DMT, which is inhaled.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Nathanial.Dread
#14 Posted : 6/5/2015 12:38:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I remember me asking myself while peaking "Why do I even support the abolishment of the drug war, this is terrifying."

Laughing

I know that feeling. Thankfully, it, like all things, passes away after a while.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Ryusaki
#15 Posted : 6/5/2015 1:04:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LemonTEK makes the shrooms come on faster.
Fasting too, also makes you very sensible.
Penis Envy are said to be stronger.

= Triple Combo of Power

I would suggest to lower the dose to 0.5 -0.75 and eat something light 3 hours before, for a more gentle and mellow experience.