We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hape' Snuffs Options

travsha
#1 Posted : 5/22/2015 5:48:49 PM

Share Love ~

I recently have been working with a snuff from the Amazon called hape'. Technically it is spelled rape' but it is pronounced like hop-eh, and the rape' spelling is confusing!

This is a traditional stuff made mostly from mapacho, sacred tree ashes, and sometimes other herbs as well. I have bunch of different varieties - most of them the traditional snuffs used by different Brazilian and Peruvian tribes. 2 varieties also have yopo and chacruna added for a more visionary effect.

Last few mornings I have been waking up and doing the snuff before I eat - I'll start my ceremony, snuff, then meditate for 30-60 minutes, then make breakfast.

Here is a pic of my morning ritual:

(in the picture are the blow-pipes used for snuffing, my Q'ero mesa altar, my mapacho pipe, fan for smudging and my rattle. The little bags have the hape' snuffs.)

I am really enjoying this stuff (it is still fairly new to me). Very grounding, and also opens up your sinus's and your energy centers. Good for releasing heavy energies or for doing journey work. So far the only time I have mixed it with anything else was the first time I tried it - right after an Ayahuasca ceremony. Planning on testing this out during a San Pedro ceremony this weekend though. I think it will mix in real nice!

If I tried to describe the experience.... You either have someone blow the snuff into your nose with the larger pipe, or you blow it into your own nose with the smaller one. When it first goes in it feels pretty intense - my eyes water a bunch and I usually want to blow my nose, but instead sniff the snuff further in to get all of it. After 20-30 seconds, I feel a rush of energy go through my whole body and suddenly all my senses open up, my sinuses feel open and clear - like my skull is a giant bell! Then I usually have wonderful meditation, sometimes visions, often insights. Usually this is punctuated by random feelings of energy opening up or grounding itself out of my root.

Some people will purge when they snuff, but so far I havent experienced that. My wife almost did her first time though. I still have one recipe I havent tried which is supposed to be for clearing heavy energies or even entities, and I wouldnt be surprised if that one makes people purge....

I highly recommend this snuff for others though - so far I have had excellent results. Its goes well alone, and should go well with other medicines as well. I know it is traditionally used before, during and after Ayahausca ceremonies.

It is also legal to buy since it is just tobacco and tree ashes usually. Since it isn't live plants though I won't share the website here, but I would be happy to share with anyone who PM's me (I think this is appropriate?).

MODERATOR: NO, IT IS NOT! WHAT CANNOT BE DONE IN PUBLIC ON THE FORUM CAN ALSO NOT BE DONE THROUGH PM'S.

Anyone else work with this snuff?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

cosmictaylor
#2 Posted : 5/22/2015 6:00:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey very cool. I love rape' as well. really helped me drop a lot of bad habits.

I have been using it a few times a day for a month or so. very clearing and empowering. the snuff im working with is from huni kuin tribe. very strong and masculine. in my experience it has gone well with san pedro, acid, kambo and of coarse ayahuasca.

over indulgence will make you sick but at the same time dont be afraid to use as much as you need. have seen people barf, cry, be full of joy, and just generally go into a process for a few minutes.

look into a neti pot for another dimension of cleansing.

very cool to see more people work with rape'

peace
enjoy

MODERATOR: PLEASE NO SUPPLIER TALK, EVEN IF IT IS MENTIONED IMPLICITLY
cosmictaylor attached the following image(s):
20150522_130759.jpg (2,685kb) downloaded 195 time(s).

Just Say Know
#3 Posted : 5/22/2015 6:30:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sounds interesting. Smile a few random idea's for adding something to the snuff: kava kava/kanna, powdered wormwood (i've snuffed powdered wormwood before; fairly interesting but i feel like it's lacking something just on it's own), LSA extract (for more of a visionary effect), and maybe some other powdered herb with interesting effects.

just some thoughts Smile

travsha
#4 Posted : 5/22/2015 7:18:52 PM

Share Love ~

cosmictaylor wrote:
hey very cool. I love rape' as well. really helped me drop a lot of bad habits.

I have been using it a few times a day for a month or so. very clearing and empowering. the snuff im working with is from huni kuin tribe. very strong and masculine. in my experience it has gone well with san pedro, acid, kambo and of coarse ayahuasca.
ps, i think i know the site you got them from.. how is the visionary snuff? worth it?

Awesome that it has helped you! I havent had an issue to really ask it for help with yet, but I get the feeling this will be very effective. So far I have still had some great insights with it.

So far I am only doing once a day - I think my nose needs to get used to snuffing. I dont feel tender or anything, but I dont want to over-do it, and this amount seems right for now... I dont think any of mine were from the Huni Kuin tribe - sounds like maybe you have a different source for yours then what I found? Do you have any experience to say how it compares to where I found mine? (you are thinking of the right site)

The visionary one I think is best as an admixture hape'. It adds a really nice effect to the other hape's I have, but I thought it was a little less powerful then some of the other ones I have. While some of the hape's have powerful energetic effects and grounding effects, the visionary one has less of that, but it is a bit more visionary. I like it a lot blended with another hape'...

Beautiful blow-pipes BTW - are those the ones you use? They look really amazing...

travsha
#5 Posted : 5/22/2015 7:21:40 PM

Share Love ~

Just Say Know wrote:
sounds interesting. Smile a few random idea's for adding something to the snuff: kava kava/kanna, powdered wormwood (i've snuffed powdered wormwood before; fairly interesting but i feel like it's lacking something just on it's own), LSA extract (for more of a visionary effect), and maybe some other powdered herb with interesting effects.

just some thoughts Smile

I dont know that I am ready to add anything yet, but that sounds interesting.... I dont usually snuff things, so this is pretty new to me. I think the first snuff I might try to make on my own would just be the mapacho water snuff some people use....

Kava Kava would be the most interesting to me as my wife is part Maori and part Samoan, and Kava is a sacred plant to them.... I bet she would be into that.

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 5/22/2015 10:15:16 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I have removed all supplier talk.

Please remember that the rules are also for the PM's, so what cannot be talked about in public on the forum cannot be talked about in PM's as well.

These specific rules that were broken are for these reasons among other:
* To prevent suppliers from using the DMT-Nexus as an advertisement platform (this is also the reason why new members cannot make posts in the Sustainable plant and seed suppliers subforum).
* Bye bye MHRB sourcing talk, we will remember you
* [RULES] for the Sustainable plant and seed suppliers subforum

Kind regards,

The Traveler

travsha
#7 Posted : 5/22/2015 11:20:13 PM

Share Love ~

Thanks for clearing that up. Just so you know - I dont work for them in any way and just heard about the site a few weeks ago, so no one is advertising them. It just seemed like others here also would benefit from having access to good resources, but thank you for clearing up that that also isnt allowed. Sorry for inconveniencing you in any way.

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 5/23/2015 9:55:04 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

travsha wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. Just so you know - I dont work for them in any way and just heard about the site a few weeks ago, so no one is advertising them. It just seemed like others here also would benefit from having access to good resources, but thank you for clearing up that that also isnt allowed. Sorry for inconveniencing you in any way.

That was also my assumption that you did not mean it in a bad way, hence why I put some extra explaining into it to make you more comfortable with the removal of some posts.

And I'm glad that you understand.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Just Say Know
#9 Posted : 5/24/2015 3:12:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've learned that drug/entheogen forum rules are in place for good reasons; such as protecting the users of said forum and as was mentioned to prevent free advertisement from someone who wants to make a quick buck off of information websites that dedicate time and effort towards discussing and researching harm reduction and various other topics.

also i would be a little careful about daily use of a product containing nicotine. i've heard nasal cancer is very terrible. i don't think you'll have a high likely-hood of getting cancer if you take longer breaks though. just saying Smile it would also give you incentive to individually experiment with other snuffs alone or use non hape' snuff's. of course snuffing/snorting anything really isn't good for your nose but i think that occasional snuffing certainly isn't as damaging as daily. just something to consider Smile

travsha
#10 Posted : 5/24/2015 6:54:51 PM

Share Love ~

One of the snuffs I have doesnt have any mapacho at all - just other plants... I am also trying to work with hape' once a day right now so I can learn more about it, but my plan is after I get to know it well to then only use it during ceremony (and not to have ceremony daily, but instead just as needed).

But yes I know that tobacco can be harmful, even though I use it as medicine Wink

Got to work with hape' and Wachuma yesterday - went really well. Added something distinct to the rest of the ceremony for sure!