We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
White spirit for cleaning DMT Options

Jox
#1 Posted : 10/13/2014 1:49:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I had some DMT, from emdlessness'' tek. I bought in Mexico "bencina blanca rectificada" I was told in a Spanish language forum that this is hexane. But it was not, my dmt didn't get dissolved, but instead all the impurities got dissolved. At first I was pissed, but then I realized I ended up with cleanest dmt ever in seconds.

I researched Wikipedia and concluded that bencina blanca rectificada is whit spirit in Wikipedia is this page. Even if heated it doesn't dissolve dmt.

So now I get great results extracting with endlessness tek and cleaning up with this solvent.

What is exactly the solvent I have? For sure it is great dmt cleaning solvent.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

3rdI
#2 Posted : 10/13/2014 8:35:11 AM

veni, vidi, spici

warm white spirit will dissolve DMT, you can use it in freeze precip, have you warmed it up a little?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

sbc1
#3 Posted : 10/13/2014 8:43:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm interested in this please let us no how it goes, whether it cleans it or it dissolves in white spirit

Jees
#4 Posted : 10/13/2014 7:39:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

According to the msds sheet of "bencina blanca rectificada" the boiling point is 155 - 217 deg C. These numbers aprox matching the boiling points of respectively C8 to C10-C11, and merely corresponds to white spirit indeed.

Jox wrote:
..."bencina blanca rectificada" I was told in a Spanish language forum that this is hexane...
Seriously wrong info in that forum.

Jox
#5 Posted : 10/14/2014 11:36:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees,

Thank you for the info.

So I reckon that it is similar, all very confusing, for me.

But the cleaning method is really good, in no time all the impurities are gone and it dries in seconds, I can post pictures if anybody wants.

Nereus
#6 Posted : 10/15/2014 10:49:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, very interesting indeed. Please do post the shots if you get the time to.

sbc1
#7 Posted : 10/16/2014 6:42:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So is it insoluble or soluble in white spirits, can you put some pictures on please

Curb
#8 Posted : 10/16/2014 7:06:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
warm white spirit will dissolve DMT, you can use it in freeze precip, have you warmed it up a little?
. so perhaps all it would need is a fridge precip? if its 'not very soluable' in the solvent does that still mean you would get losses by "cleaning" spice with this solvent at low temperature? or just cleaning at roomtemp as Jox did, then FP the losses?

Jox this is very exciting if it turns out to be effective and easy. does anyone know if white spirits leaves behind any nasty stuff when evaporated?
"you know, there are many people in the country today... who, through no fault of their own: are sane. some of them were born sane, some of them became sane later in their lives. it is up to people like you and me (who are out of our tiny little minds) to try and help these people overcome their sanity" -Monty Python

"I have reasoned and i have logicked and mentally discovered with my mindthoughts that this world (the one we live in) is created by people. people are making this happen." - Unpopular Youtuber

3rdI
#9 Posted : 10/16/2014 8:48:16 AM

veni, vidi, spici

i have used bartoline low odour white spirit in the uk for freeze precip and it works, its a nightmare to evap but DMT is definately soluble in it.

maybe if jox's whitespirit was cold then it would take the impurities but not the Magic, but that is purely speculation on my part.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Jees
#10 Posted : 10/16/2014 9:40:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
..., its a nightmare to evap...
versus
Jox wrote:
... it dries in seconds..

This is strange for white spirit to evap this fast.

"White spirit" or "turpentine" is a common name for many possible mixture ratio's, seems Jox you have one that suits the purpose. Not all white spirits might do as well, the amount of heaviest molecules in the mix (with 10 and more carbon atoms) and their high boiling point are the game spoilers for evap speed. Even the same brand won't guarantee same constitution ratios every time for every bottle they sell over time. The data sheets stray from publicizing pin point ratio's of pure molecules, and the mentioned elements like Naphtha or Petroleum are non specific in their own turn. The best you get is like "heavy" naphtha, but "heavy" is what exactly? Those terms come out of refinery gross indications, not lab chemistry detail. It's a bit a wild guess what one exactly obtains with common names, all you have is "a range".

Jox
#11 Posted : 10/17/2014 1:18:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees thank you for responding,

I may not ever find out what this solvent is for sure, but it is in the family if turpentines, this is good to,know.

When I say it dries quickly I was referring to drying the wet crystals, or drying harmalas after defating, not evapping.

The crystals I am referring to are from ethyl alcohol extraction.

Wonder why they don't dissolve even when heated in white spirit?

This may possibly lead to something.

Strigiform
#12 Posted : 12/10/2015 5:05:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was reading the MSDS Jees posted and I realized that White spirit contains Benzene:

White Spirit MSDS wrote:

COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
EC No.
Name Classification
CAS-No. Content
200-753-7
BENZENE F;R11 Carc1;R45 T;R48/23/24/25
71-43-2 <0.1

265-185-4
Naphtha(Petroleum) Hydroesulphurised Heavy Xn;R65. N;R51/53. R10,R66.

Yikes, be really careful with that stuff! Benzene is very carcinogenic. Did you have a fume hood or something to let you avoid breathing in any fumes?

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 12/11/2015 1:44:10 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Old thread.

Also note the:
Quote:
BENZENE F;R11 Carc1;R45 T;R48/23/24/25
71-43-2 <0.1

meaning there's less than 0.1% of benzene in the white spirit. This is precisely because of its known carcinogenicity. Benzene is not allowed in household products (except maybe petrol/gasoline).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

mdtraveler
#14 Posted : 12/11/2015 5:19:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jox wrote:
Jees thank you for responding,

I may not ever find out what this solvent is for sure, but it is in the family if turpentines, this is good to,know.

When I say it dries quickly I was referring to drying the wet crystals, or drying harmalas after defating, not evapping.

The crystals I am referring to are from ethyl alcohol extraction.

Wonder why they don't dissolve even when heated in white spirit?

This may possibly lead to something.

If no base was used in the ethanol extraction, then you most likely have a salt. Salts generally are not very soluble in non polar solvents.