We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Voacangine conversion to ibogaine Options

MaNoMaNoM
#21 Posted : 10/5/2013 12:13:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Found this on the net:
Quote:
This patent goes on to explain how to turn voacangine into ibogaine by
treating it with potassium hydroxide in boiling alcohol, followed by
warming it with dilute acid.

Voacangine comes from the african tree Voacanga africana.

Since ibogaine and tabernanthe iboga is quite expensive, perhaps it would be an idea to convert voacangine into ibogaine?

Ibogaine is a pretty rough experience, but I have read that it is great in low doses as a therapeutic aid. Supposedly can give insightful dreams. And this is with doses 10 times lower than a hallucinogenic dose.

Hopefully someone on this forum could try it out. Not quite sure how to separate it from the rest of the alkaloids etc. in voacanga africana though.

SOo,....Voacanga Africana > voacangine > base > acid > IBOGAIN (and other alkaloids)

SoO, .....How can you extract the voacangine from plant material ?? (anyone tried this)
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bancopuma
#22 Posted : 11/8/2013 11:39:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is from Dr Chris Jenks, after asking about using limonene and then acetic acid to extract the alkaloids from iboga root bark.

"In my own studies, acetic acid doesn't remove alkaloids from root bark as fast as dilute HCl does, but I don't know if that matters in extracting alkaloids from solvent. Actually, based on my recent work with Voacanga, I would expect acetic acid to be most likely to leave behind voacangine in the limonene extract because that is the least basic alkaloid. That's not a bad thing since voacangine seems to only cause stomach aches."

So it seems like the voascangine is, or can be, a source of the stomach cramps. But for Voacanga extraction for ibogaine conversion, it is interesting to note that voascangine is the least basic alkaloid, in iboga at least. So this may be worth knowing with regard to choice of solvents used in extraction, not sure how one would go about purifying it though.

null24
#23 Posted : 12/5/2013 5:14:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Yes yes, off topic, but funny as hell:
'Coatl wrote:
Ibogine is mentioned in "Fear & Loathing in Los Vegas"?

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

rOm
#24 Posted : 12/5/2013 10:40:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rigth on Bancopuma, thanks.
What the ratio in weight of voacangine to ibogaine ? 1:1 ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

dreamer042
#25 Posted : 12/5/2013 10:54:27 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

If one was to extract a bunch of voacanga rootbark into limo and salt it out with vinegar, the voacangine would remain in the limo?

Would this also be the case with xylene or toulene as well and the freebase voacangine could be retrieved via evaporation for conversion into ibogaine?

Would one be able to salt the limonine with a stronger acid like hcl after the vinegar salting and retrieve the voacangine hcl for conversion?

This sounds quite promising
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

rOm
#26 Posted : 12/7/2013 12:10:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That would be the first steps to check out, if one had voacanga to give to these investigation.
Check this with maybe TLC control, to see where the voacangine goes/stay.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Bancopuma
#27 Posted : 12/7/2013 6:01:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I put your questions to Chris Jenks, and this was his reply...

"All your questions were addressed last year at the ibogaine conference in Vancouver:

http://puzzlepiece.org/i...ogaine_from_voacanga.pdf

http://puzzlepiece.org/i...nce_2012/chris_jenks.mp3

In short, your understanding is correct. You can extract powdered Voacanga bark with a non-polar solvent and remove most of the more basic alkaloids with weak acid like dilute acetic acid, then remove the weak bases like voacangine with a strong acid like HCl. Bob Sisko uses toluene for the initial extraction of root bark, showing that this is feasible. However, on the scale needed to make a difference in the market it would be much more economical to extract the bark with strong dilute acid and recover them by precipitation with base - or make the extract less acidic and extract out voacangine directly. The only other thing I would like to emphasize, although it is covered in the above presentation, is that these extractions need to be repeated to be efficient, just as the extraction of iboga bark with dilute acid is best repeated at least six times."

dreamer042
#28 Posted : 12/7/2013 7:01:17 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Very interesting, thanks Bancopuma. Thumbs up

I'm gonna have to dig out the voacanga rootbark and do some experimentation.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Kash
#29 Posted : 4/1/2014 3:51:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Great thread, this seems very doable.

mod wrote:
ABSOLUTELY NO SOURCING TALK OF THIS NATURE IS PERMITTED

Hey dreamer, how is that experimenting going?
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

PREV12