We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Pharma/Psilohuasca Options

maranello551
#1 Posted : 2/25/2014 6:04:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys. So I've been intending to try a decent aya, aya analogue, or once again go back to psilohuasca and I just had a few questions for those who have experience in both oral dmt and maoi supplemented mushrooms:

1. What are the main differences (visual, body feeling, or other) in the ways that Caapi and Rue affect the effects of DMT and Psilocybin, and are the differences between the rue and caapi addition consistent whether used in conjuction with DMT or mush? As in, are the changes brought about by rue the same no matter what it is used to boost (ditto for caapi)?

2. What would be the differences in the experience if one were to take say 4-5g of rue (or 100-150g caapi) and 1-2g of mush as opposed to 1g rue (or say 10-20g caapi) with 4-7g mush.

Which of the two would you find preferable (or useful) and why?

3. What are the effects of mixing caapi and rue in a mixed maoi brew before ingesting the mush? What the experience be too confused to comprehend or would the energies (spirits) synergise well to offer an educational/guiding experience that would be preferable to using either maoi alone in conjunction with the mushies?

4. How would ingesting a small dose (2-4g) of amanita muscaria before the mushies or at the same time as the maoi if it is beign used affect the trip (or even just smoking some amanita at the peak)? Would that be a workable experience?

Also, I was interested in using the low (1-2 seed) dose of Datura Stamonium (yet to try)seeds with my amanita/psilohuasca for the anti-nausea/potentiation effects. Is this advisable?

Say, how would this work?: Ingest 2 Datura seeds, 2-4g amanita and (whatever dose is best) of Rue or Caapi at around the same time and then about an hour in take the preferred dose of mushies? What sort of experience could one expect from this amanita-boosted, datura-stabilized psilohuasca? Has anybody here attempted anything of the sort?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#2 Posted : 2/25/2014 9:27:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hey there!

Have you got experience with amanita muscaria?

I have little experience with the Maoi side of things, but I would really be careful mixing muscimol in.

Don't get me wrong, I like me some muscimol, but in small doses, and I wouldn't want it lasting 10 hrs or so. 3-5 is ideal for me.

I don't know much about Datura experiences, and I don't have much intention of finding out. What I have read seems like it could be difficult.
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

maranello551
#3 Posted : 2/26/2014 2:20:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've yet to try amanita. May just have gotten my hands on some though. Thoughts on it? (ingested/smoked/as an additive?)

AcaciaConfusedYah
#4 Posted : 2/26/2014 2:45:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you pick them or buy them? The thing about muscaria is that the potency varies, and often cause extreme nausea. I've never been nauseous from them, but I don't get nauseous from psilocybin or other similar compounds.

Eating them is most effective. Start with a small dose, maybe a cap, and makea tea out of it. Be sure to boil it for about 5 mins or so.

Muscimol has a reverse tolerance for many people. The more frequently you take it, the less it takes to get there. Mild doses are a lot like a glass of red wine.

Heavy doses.... Are..... well..... weird. Smile

maranello551
#5 Posted : 2/26/2014 2:53:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Dried caps. Should I bake them just in case or no?

I've heard of that reverse tolerance thing. Wouldn't that be ideal for smoking as every time I smoke them it should get better?

Only a 5 minute boil? How large of a cap? How about eating it straight?

AcaciaConfusedYah
#6 Posted : 2/26/2014 2:57:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The length of the boil can vary, you mainly just want to be sure that the Ibotenic acid is converted. 190 degrees should do the trick.

You can eat them straight, bake Em at 190 for about 20 mins just in case the supplier did not bake them.

Smoking the skins never really did it for me. I like the tea.

If you go for a high dose, be ready for the weird.

maranello551
#7 Posted : 2/26/2014 3:06:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How weird? Like shroom weird? Or like salvia weird? Or something else (like what :O)?

At what weight dose do the effects change in your experience?

maranello551
#8 Posted : 2/26/2014 3:16:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is there another reality revealed by the ingestion of Amanita as with psilo or dmt? If so is it in any way connected to the dmt hyperspace/reality in some way? If not, where does it fit into the picture?

AcaciaConfusedYah
#9 Posted : 2/26/2014 3:19:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

maranello551 wrote:
How weird? Like shroom weird? Or like salvia weird? Or something else (like what :O)?

At what weight dose do the effects change in your experience?

I ate three big caps one night. I had broken my finger that day and had been given pain meds. After eating the caps, I Remember stumbling around for a while and then it all got hazy. I remember "dreaming" that I was being held captive along with two others. We were Being forced to pick people up with Giant robotic arms, like the ones used to pick up stuffed animals in arcades. We were dropping the people into pits and filling the pits with concrete.

The next morning, I woke up and couldn't find my paycheck or meds. My wife said I was running around outside with a shovel for about an hour. Found the medicine in the freezer in our basement a week later. Never found the paycheck.

I've never weighed my doses. I don't like to associate expectations with the experience.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#10 Posted : 2/26/2014 3:24:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

maranello551 wrote:
Is there another reality revealed by the ingestion of Amanita as with psilo or dmt? If so is it in any way connected to the dmt hyperspace/reality in some way? If not, where does it fit into the picture?

It is a dissociative. I don't know where it fits in the picture. In its own picture, I guess.

maranello551
#11 Posted : 2/26/2014 4:28:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

"We were dropping the people into pits and filling the pits with concrete."

:O woah.

You say low doses feel like alcohol? Is it a good substitute (considering alcohol is a neurotoxin and doesn't have reverse tolerance?)

Also, when I take psilocybin or dmt, I feel my movements and coordination (even speed an strength) are increased in efficiency and power. Is this the case with amanitas? I hear some say low doses give a feeling of weightlessness.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#12 Posted : 2/26/2014 5:10:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say it is a better substitute than alcohol, but keep in mind, my perspective is subjective. Same common sense applies- don't eat Amanitas and drive Smile

Sweating, salivation, some people experience "discomfort in their own skin" etc. Just start low and see if you like the low level first.

Entheogenerator
#13 Posted : 2/26/2014 8:56:18 AM

Homo discens

The Attitude Page wrote:
No discussion on selling, buying, sourcing, acquiring, pricing, trading, mentioning pending deliveries or smuggling of drugs
This includes all isolated psychedelic compounds and RCs (Research Chemicals), whether they are legal or not. The only goods allowed to be discussed are legal live plants, legal viable seeds (both in the Sustainable plant and seed suppliers subforum) and legal/unwatched chemical supplies. See Street Value of DMT (AND WHY YOU SHOULDN'T EVER SELL DMT AND OTHER PSYCHEDELICS) for good reasons why we don't allow this.

I am not 100% certain if this would apply to A. muscaria mushrooms, but seeing as they are psychoactive and they were probably not living at the time of acquisition, I would err on the side of caution if I were you. You may want to go back through and edit the buying discussion out of your posts, just to be safe. Smile

EDIT: Also, maranello551, I would be extremely cautious and do a lot of research on the potential health risks associated with ingesting A. muscaria or datura in combination with RIMA's/MAOI's. Datura is not all that safe to begin with, as the psychoactive dose is so close to the toxic dose, and if I remember correctly ibotenic acid and/or muscimol are thought to be toxic in high enough doses/high enough blood concentration.

I remember reading that small amounts of datura (flowers?) are a relatively common additive in traditional ayahuasca brews, but that does not necessarily mean it is a safe combination.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

maranello551
#14 Posted : 2/26/2014 2:02:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

maranello551 wrote:
I've yet to try amanita. Thoughts on it? (ingested/smoked/as an additive?)

AcaciaConfusedYah
#15 Posted : 2/26/2014 3:41:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator wrote:
The Attitude Page wrote:
No discussion on selling, buying, sourcing, acquiring, pricing, trading, mentioning pending deliveries or smuggling of drugs
This includes all isolated psychedelic compounds and RCs (Research Chemicals), whether they are legal or not. The only goods allowed to be discussed are legal live plants, legal viable seeds (both in the Sustainable plant and seed suppliers subforum) and legal/unwatched chemical supplies. See Street Value of DMT (AND WHY YOU SHOULDN'T EVER SELL DMT AND OTHER PSYCHEDELICS) for good reasons why we don't allow this.

I am not 100% certain if this would apply to A. muscaria mushrooms, but seeing as they are psychoactive and they were probably not living at the time of acquisition, I would err on the side of caution if I were you. You may want to go back through and edit the buying discussion out of your posts, just to be safe. Smile

EDIT: Also, maranello551, I would be extremely cautious and do a lot of research on the potential health risks associated with ingesting A. muscaria or datura in combination with RIMA's/MAOI's. Datura is not all that safe to begin with, as the psychoactive dose is so close to the toxic dose, and if I remember correctly ibotenic acid and/or muscimol are thought to be toxic in high enough doses/high enough blood concentration.

I remember reading that small amounts of datura (flowers?) are a relatively common additive in traditional ayahuasca brews, but that does not necessarily mean it is a safe combination.

Oops! I mainly asked about the source due to the safety and process of how the mushrooms had been prepared. If he had picked them and prepared them, he would know if they had already had the heat treatment. Since he was not the picker of them, he would want to make sure to take that extra step to assure that they are saf(er).

Also, if he was the picker, I would want to make sure they were properly identified. Mushrooms are my thing. Safety is important.

A muscaria is 100% legal in the US, so I didn't even think twice about asking.

Entheogenerator
#16 Posted : 2/26/2014 9:19:19 PM

Homo discens

No worries, I'm not a mod or I'd edit it myself lol. The forum just tends to be pretty particular about keeping sourcing talk limited to live plants, viable seeds, and legal/unwatched chemicals.
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

AcaciaConfusedYah
#17 Posted : 2/26/2014 10:57:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gotchya. Next time I'll word it more like "if you picked it yourself, you'll want to do... " Or "if you did not pick it yourself, you may want to...."

Entheogenerator
#18 Posted : 2/27/2014 11:43:22 AM

Homo discens

Good call.

lutinmalin
#19 Posted : 2/27/2014 1:27:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure how low a dose of 2 Datura seeds is, but I would recommend a sitter for anything involving Datura. Wink

Entheogenerator
#20 Posted : 2/27/2014 8:38:14 PM

Homo discens

lutinmalin wrote:
I'm not sure how low a dose of 2 Datura seeds is, but I would recommend a sitter for anything involving Datura. Wink

I just wouldn't recommend anything involving Datura! Laughing

12NEXT