We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Addressing the subjects of (1) the DMT 'scan' and (2) parts of the self perceived as alien Options

DesykaLamgeenie
#1 Posted : 10/19/2013 6:45:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all;

This will be my first post outside of the welcome area. Before being promoted, I sometimes saw threads in the other sections of the site that I wished I could respond to. So now I'd like to touch on one of the subjects that some of them had to do with - which is the perception of some people that, while in a DMT-catalyzed experience, they:

A. Felt that they were posessed/influenced by an outside force, or otherwise experienced something alien and/or separate from themselves

and

B. Felt that they were scanned by some other force/entity

Now, first I want to make it clear that I definitely do believe in having experiences/contact with legitimate sentient beings not from the level of reality/existence we call our own.

However – I also believe in having experiences where we become aware of things that one may simply percieve as being something else, when really they are things that are:

- The doing of our own core consciousness/higher self/deeper self/non-physical self/whatever you wish to call it/however you wish to percieve it

and/or

- Not normally percieved by our normal every-day conscious awareness, which only downloads a very small stream of data from the brain in relation to the entire field of things going on in the body/being percieved by the brain at any given moment, but in fact are things that are occuring within our own selves/bodies

I believe the misperception stems from:

- One's level of conscious awareness being limited to/compartmentalized in the ego-mind, which only identifies with that which is going on in the immediate physical environment, and that small stream of data I mentioned just above

And/or

- One’s belief system/world view being one that does not permit for said experience to be of one’s self, because it does not make sense to the current understanding/perception of reality, physical and beyond

And thus it gets processed and categorized accordingly – as something other than the self.

For example, here is a thread by CatchThirtyThr33: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=50510

In this case it is perceived that there was a take-over by something of an alien nature - and in essence I don't believe that to be entirely incorrect - the 'force' was alien to the mind, and it was felt to be a take-over since the level of mind where conscious awareness was anchored at was not in control.

But the self is much more than the ego-mind - there are levels to us that, if we remain anchored in our ego, we will remain unaware of; and these other levels, when we become aware of their activity, will seem like something other than ourselves.

Take a second and use your imagination to realize that, while sitting at the computer, there are many ways you could move your arms around you. You could put them straight up, out to each side, down by your sides, everywhere in between, and bent and angled in a ridiculously large number of ways/combinations. These are all possibilities/potentials that you’re just not fulfilling at the moment. The very space around you where there is air could be your arm, if you choose it to be so.

Now…where you put your arms at any given moment – that’s not just an arm there, that’s an extension of your very being. It’s a tool to reach out with from your center to feel and/or interact.

Now, try to imagine and REALLY FEEL 2 more arms – non-physical/imaginary arms – reaching out above you. Can you maintain the total perception of your two physical arms, wherever they may be, AND total perception and feeling of the 2 ‘imaginary’ arms all at the very same time? Probably not – and an additional 2, totaling 6, is probably completely out of the question. But imagine if your level of cognitive ability/scope of conscious awareness was no longer limited in this way, and you could perceive/’imagine’ and FULLY feel, say, 8 arms all coming form your torso in different places at once. See what I’m getting at?

When your awareness is freed from the physical, you can become aware of how your consciousness can reach out in many new and different ways than we are used to when our awareness is restricted to the physical; restricted to the ego mind. And when your core consciousness reaches out in more ways than are physically possible, these ‘routes’ of reach can be percieved as more arms, more legs, more whatever - or in other cases not as limbs at all but just an expanding ‘bubble’, if you will, of awareness.

I've had experiences where my awareness filled up the entire room I was in, and in one of these I could not only feel all of the objects in detail all at once, but I could feel ripples and waves in the air, plus an amazing set of concentric rings orgasmically colliding with my non-physical being/awareness coming from the sound of the fridge kicking on.

There are things going on all around us that we are not normally aware of, and there is also the space around us that we are not physically filling but, nonetheless, our consciousness is permeating - and we can be aware of this when our awareness is freed from the physical/ego/5 physical senses/etc.

And, real quick – the scanning, as seen in a recent thread by Terrence_Mechanic here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=50779

This is very similar – and I believe that the scan itself is us becoming aware of the energy that is ALWAYS running through every cell of our body – the energy that is always scanning, but that we are not normally aware of. All energy scans/percieves, and there is ALWAYS energy/electricity firing in our entire body – we are electrical beings - but ‘we’ – our conscious awareness – the ego - is not normally aware of it because this data being processed by the brain is not included in the normal mundane information/data that our ego-minds download from our brains. There is ALWAYS much more going on in our body than we’re consciously aware of – but we CAN be aware of it under certain circumstances - but again, sometimes one may not identify with said process, thus making it seem like it’s an outside force – but really it’s just outside of the ego-mind. (I don’t know a better term for it – I know some people when they hear just “ego” they think of an arrogance or someone with a big head, so I'm saying ego-mind hoping that it translates a little better to mean the portion of our consciousness that most of us go about our day-to-day life in)

And when the scan goes deeper, beyond the physical into your very soul and it feels like something is scanning/reading your soul – your very being - that’s YOU – your awareness expanding in to your ‘higher’/deeper self/core/soul/mind/again, whatever you choose to call it or however you wish to percieve it. The perception that it is something else is keeping you from experiencing it as such and identifying with it – so LET it be you – let your awareness expand in to this force – for it is all you – we are far more than most people are aware of.

Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DesykaLamgeenie
#2 Posted : 10/19/2013 9:18:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Here's another recent thread where the scan is talked about by Felnik in his reply: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=50818

Nathanial.Dread
#3 Posted : 10/22/2013 10:45:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Feelings of being scanned, watched, or having your thoughts and actions controlled by an outside force are very common delusions associated with both paranoid and disorganized schizophrenia.

The overlap between psychedelic, spiritual experiences and the family of psychotic disorders is something I find endlessly fascinating.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

DesykaLamgeenie
#4 Posted : 10/23/2013 1:30:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I think it all has to do with perceiving parts of reality (higher self, collective consciousness, etc - parts of us and our reality that are non-physical) that we know very little about and people perceiving/interpreting them in different ways.