We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings Nexians! Options

whatami
#1 Posted : 7/19/2010 12:09:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings Nexians,

Firstly, I send immense gratitude to those of you who have endeavored to help others with extractions and general knowledge. This is truely spreading love -- you all are, if you may forgive my language, saints of the present day. It is tremendously unselfish of these individuals -- you receive nothing but love and respect from my end.

I've been hanging around this website for a couple of months now, reading your posts (on a daily basis) and posting the occasional question in the nursery. I have, however, more recently felt compelled to communicate with some of the members in the regular forum topics and so I present you with an introduction. My intention is to present you with a natural stream of thoughts -- my hope is that, through this, you'll have some idea about my character (or lack thereof!). I will warn that my thinking process is often tangential and gravitates towards current ideas, no matter what the topic.

My original will was to avoid an introduction of the format "I am this and that"; it didn't feel completely right to assert certain qualities of my personality. I'm very often wrong and to be quite honest, I'm not sure what to say (maybe that's why I chose my username). And thusly, through this pattern of thinking, I constantly reduce and strip away at the things that I can say, until, ultimately, I am left with nothing to write about save "the facts" -- that is, the things that I have done in the waking world; things that have some sort of 'proof' and 'reality' to them. Why? Well, I know that these things happened. I'm certain of it.

But it doesn't stop here: one eventually finds, perhaps through the aid of psychedelic medicines, that the waking world has no 'proof' or 'reality' to it, either. No longer certain, I am reduced, dismayed, and finally empty. What is there at all? Is there no objective proof? Well, that's precisely the problem: one is searching for a truth outside of the self, one to build upon. As long as I think in this way, as long as I need the objective truth, I am stuck in a void. One realizes that there is nothing outside of the self.

The medicines, under my 'objective' paradigm, brought me to this void. But then Salvia showed me something which impacted me deeply: a man playing one hand against another; further, it showed me that I am one of these hands -- that we all are. It explained, in some sense, the feeling of 'waking up' when in deep psychedelic states. Did I make everything?

Sometime before this, I had been tossing around the idea that one chooses one's reality. Combined with the void feeling, this began to make sense. I had been reduced to nothing, had reduced myself to nothing, so that I could see that my perception of the world was entirely created by me and that everything was my choice. Initially, this can be terrifying: "what if I choose to live in fear?" But then one comes to the truly magnificent realization: I am here in this void, with absolutely nothing, and out of this nothingness called the voice "what if I choose to live in fear". Who is that? Who said that? Who am I talking to all of this time in my head? Why do I narrate my life to myself? It's LOVE. GOD. ECSTASY. The thing I've always been looking for. I cry.

Now, I must admit, I'm not sure if it happened this way. It seems, to me, that when I talk about my experiences, I'm always making them bigger and more extravagant -- does anybody else notice the same? It's precisely this exaggeration that makes me go back to the psychedelic spaces, to go deeper, because I'm not totally sure that I saw "it". But, I speak as if I am. Life is funny.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jbark
#2 Posted : 7/19/2010 12:28:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus. As someone who narrates his own life Smile , I very much enjoyed your intro. You have found a place to unload your ideas - most here will sympathize with what you wrote and get it immediately. Welcome - poke around a little, read the Health & Safety section, hang around in chat and generally make yourself at home. Maybe tell us a little more about the specific experiences that led to this train of thought.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Macre
#3 Posted : 7/19/2010 12:50:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Very happy Welcome to the nexus. Great intro essay, I'll look forward to hearing more from you.

Peace,

Macre.
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 7/19/2010 2:36:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome essay! I really like the thought flow there...

I loved the self-reflection there at the end too Smile

Welcome to the forums! Seems you've already been promoted. Im also looking forward for more posts from you! See you around

whatami
#5 Posted : 7/22/2010 12:13:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate the comments, as well -- it elates me to know that you enjoyed the essay!

ragabr
#6 Posted : 7/22/2010 3:25:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, much respect to your intro.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

hyperspacing
#7 Posted : 7/22/2010 3:38:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiya welcome to the Nexus!! great intro. besides salvia what other entheogens do you have experience with? try any extractions yet?
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

whatami
#8 Posted : 7/26/2010 8:46:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hyperspacing wrote:
besides salvia what other entheogens do you have experience with? try any extractions yet?

SWIM has mild experience with Psilocybin mushrooms & DOx blotter (sold as LSD) and considerable experience with LSD, Mescaline (Cactus tea as well as the following acetates: Torch, Pure, San Pedro & Achuma) & DMT (Pure & Changa); further, this is the general order in which they were first taken by SWIM. It is all thanks to the great members here at the Nexus for providing SWIM with the courage and information necessary to perform mescaline and DMT extractions.