We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ETM Introduction Options

EscapingTheMatrix
#1 Posted : 7/23/2010 8:14:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all. I'm new to this site and I'm also new to "DMT". I'm 24 and I've never tried any type of drugs beyond "chronic" which wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I don't enjoy the idea of "getting high" off of anything; it's not my goal. "Getting high" -to me seems to be what people who have no control of they're emotions or mental state do when they need some sort of "release" from it, just like when smoking. As for me, I'm in full control of my emotions and my mental mind-state, I don't need drugs to help me "cope" with anything. I don't smoke or drink alcohol either. It's not that I look down on people who do drink or smoke, it's just that I don't prefer what those chemicals do to the mind and body nor the experience they induce. I'm a pretty simple man really, I try to live my life through simplicity, by using critical/intuitive thought to guide my actions, one day at a time. I've just recently started reading up on DMT and it's effects. The things I've read from both users and researchers left me in amazement. I've talked to a couple of users about DMT and many have forewarned me severely about wanting to try it as a first time hallucinogenic, considering I've never done anything else. It is said that DMT is the most powerful hallucinogenic out there, and that even many experienced psychedelics stay away from it and try to limit it's use, and rightfully so.

Considering what I've read on DMT, it sounds like it's something I'd definitely want to experience, at least once in my life-time. I want to try it because I seem to be drawn to the unexplained and the perplexed, and it would seem as if this DMT experience would greatly aid me in my spiritual journey of understanding my own consciousness. My life seems to be one long interesting search for meaning or purpose, and as things stand I absolutely love it. "Consciousness" has been a long fascination to me, even since I was younger in my teenage years while I engaged in meditation, I seeked to understand how far the rabbit hole of your mind really goes. I engage in meditation pretty regularly, and sometimes, I experience things in the world that science cannot adequately explain without blaming it on human imagination. Those things that I experience in my life, I live for! From all that I've read, DMT is definitely something I plan on extracting and using to further my understanding and amazement. I'm sorry if I seem a little "too eager" to try it, it's just that when I set my mind to something I cannot stop thinking about it, especially if it's something so venerated as "DMT". To me, I regard DMT as something which definitely isn't for everyone because of it's such extraordinary mystical experiences it produces; some people aren't seeking that experience, let alone they're mind probably would collapse around it's own ignorance upon trying to explain it, so I'd only suggest DMT to those who have an open enough mind and understanding of life to not fear death.

I think DMT would be something I'd probably want to use about once a year only,....on my birthday and no other day. I choose my birthday because that would make the experience very sacred to me, and it would be something I'd keep close to my heart because of it's irreplaceable value. I don't view DMT as a "drug" in the common sense of the word, but the U.S. government does. lol. Yes, and quite so for anything which produces altered states of consciousness which may be "thought-provoking" or apparently give new insight into the world around you, they tell you is "real". A chemical which perhaps is produced naturally within the brain yet also throughout nature which also may radically "shift" your thinking for the better is illegal, yet it's perfectly legal for them to sell and add many other drugs to our food and water supply which can cause cancer,tumors, and many other things as well as retardation in small children. Well, I choose DMT as my only "drug" of choice, no matter the experience, good or bad, I accept it willingly and happily, with hopes that one day, others around me will become open enough to want to share the enlightening experience.

Anyway, I've been reading through the forum for some time now, and I would really be honored to one day be considered a "full-member", this place really seems like it is a very nice "down to earth" safe community I wouldn't mind being apart of.

Take care
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, that there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imaginations of ourselves."
-Bill Hicks

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

LucidJ
#2 Posted : 7/23/2010 5:57:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Hi, welcome. Don't worry about seeming too "eager". I have known about DMT for years and years. Never thought about doing it. Suddenly 3 weeks ago *BAM* all of a sudden it's all I read about. Now Lindsy Lohan has her first extraction in the freezer right now! (No wonder she is going to jail).

point being, sometimes it is like DMT chooses you.

Good luck, you will get more help here then anywhere else.

corpus callosum
#3 Posted : 7/23/2010 7:08:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Welcome to the Nexus EscapingTheMatrixVery happy

Nice opening post and worry not about coming across as 'too eager' for the DMT experience but don't dismiss the other entheogens out of hand.Experiencing the others I think is good preparation for what DMT has to offer.

You are also right when you say this is a 'down to earth' community-apart from when we've partaken of the Spice, in which case 'down to earth' just doesnt seem an appropriate termLaughing Laughing

Joking apart, you aint gonna find such a respectful and welcoming place as this place we call The NexusCool
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Steely
#4 Posted : 7/23/2010 7:58:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EscapingTheMatrix wrote:
Hi all. I'm new to this site and I'm also new to "DMT". I'm 24 and I've never tried any type of drugs beyond "chronic" which wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I don't enjoy the idea of "getting high" off of anything; it's not my goal. "Getting high" -to me seems to be what people who have no control of they're emotions or mental state do when they need some sort of "release" from it, just like when smoking. As for me, I'm in full control of my emotions and my mental mind-state, I don't need drugs to help me "cope" with anything.

Theres comes a point during every individual persons, "Spice" sessions when he or she will experience what we here on the nexus refer to as an, Ego Death. This is where you stop existing, and come to terms with the fact that you aren't better than anyone. Everyone is truly equal.

I realize you are open minded enough to understand that people don't smoke a substance such as Cannabis for the sole reason that they need to be able to, "cope" with society or reality. Cannabis has to be one of the most abused substances out there, but I have discovered more about who I want to be and how to do it through Cannabis then Spice.

Spice showed me who I truly am, which allowed me to make decisions for the better of myself and those around me.

EscapingTheMatrix wrote:
My life seems to be one long interesting search for meaning or purpose, and as things stand I absolutely love it. "Consciousness" has been a long fascination to me, even since I was younger in my teenage years while I engaged in meditation, I seeked to understand how far the rabbit hole of your mind really goes.

I've come to believe that the places we arrive to during a Spice breakthrough is our consciousness manifested into a physical world we can explore. Allowing us to be literally connected with our soul to discover who we truly are.

EscapingTheMatrix wrote:
To me, I regard DMT as something which definitely isn't for everyone because of it's such extraordinary mystical experiences it produces; some people aren't seeking that experience, let alone they're mind probably would collapse around it's own ignorance upon trying to explain it, so I'd only suggest DMT to those who have an open enough mind and understanding of life to not fear death.

Spice is there for anyone with good intent. Someone who has led a close minded existence will be just as amazed as an open minded person when Spice opens its endless doors to them. Everything Spice does for us is meant for the better. Even in a terrifying instance of entities physically and mentally beating you, there is always a silver lining to help you learn and better yourself as a person.

Every method Spice uses to teach us, whether it's through Love or Hate, is always meant to better us as an individual. By changing ourselves, we also learn how to help others.

EscapingTheMatrix wrote:
I think DMT would be something I'd probably want to use about once a year only,....on my birthday and no other day. I choose my birthday because that would make the experience very sacred to me, and it would be something I'd keep close to my heart because of it's irreplaceable value.

One of the very first lessons I received from Spice was to let go of this silly concept of, Time. You need to be living in the now, feeling every moment, realizing your and the worlds every action and all reactions that occur. You'll quickly discover that putting off, "the call" (Where you gain the sudden erg to smoke Spice and can not, let alone should not resist/put it off) to smoke Spice is a horribly bad idea.

Not only will the perfect moment have passed, but you would be replacing it with a moment that, in reality, is much less meaningful. When the time is right, never pass it up. It could be daily even. Never pass up an opportunity to smoke Spice.

I promise as soon as you start your first spice session, you will not only want to go back, but feel the need to.

EscapingTheMatrix wrote:
Well, I choose DMT as my only "drug" of choice, no matter the experience, good or bad, I accept it willingly and happily, with hopes that one day, others around me will become open enough to want to share the enlightening experience.

I stated previously, to every experience good or bad, there is always a silver lining that teaches you a valuable lesson about yourself and the world around you.

As for my own experiences; I have been beaten by entities before. Physically and mentally I was choked, and as this was occurring I honestly believed that I had purged, so my instinct was to make sure I was safe and check to see if I was sick or not. I opened my eyes and a bright, white light blinded me and forced me to immediately close them.

I had not purged as it turns out, but as the trip went on I began feeling immense overpowering pure terror and fear unlike anything I had ever experienced before in my life.

The trip faded to an end and I fell over onto a cleverly placed pillow. I sat wallowing in the darkness because I smoked in the middle of an unlit room, with no sound but that of my roommates footsteps on the next floor above me. I crawled over to my bed where I laid on top of the covers and cried for twenty minutes.

The silver lining to it all was that it literally could never get any worse than that ever again. Nothing on earth could ever match to the magnitude of this completely overwhelming experience.

Prior to my DMT experience, I had one trip which was a beyond threshold experience with Mushies, and one trip with Salvia.

To me, the things I had seen on DMT I could easily comprehend or understand, it was what I had sometimes heard that kept me on the border line of insanity.

So be forewarned, I do not know how you will react. But do not underestimate the ability of Spice. I can nearly guarantee they will not let you through the doors and onto hyperspace the first time, or maybe even the first dozen times.

The ability of Spice is being able to change the core foundations of your life, and give your mind the capability to to comprehend what is happening while not breaking under the intensity of how it is you are being taught.

Recommended reading:
https://dmt-nexus.me/for...&m=127434#post127434

The sounds of mother earth were playing for me through Spice.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Dimitrius
#5 Posted : 7/23/2010 8:01:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome ETM!
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Steely
#6 Posted : 7/23/2010 8:19:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, read the FAQ sometime, it has tons of simple info for extractions, and solutions to problems you may have. Come into the chat we have if you feel you need an immediate answer.

https://chat.dmt-nexus.me/index.php
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/FAQ
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.

ragabr
#7 Posted : 7/23/2010 8:51:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, ETM!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

hydrocarbon
#8 Posted : 7/23/2010 9:39:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LucidJ wrote:

point being, sometimes it is like DMT chooses you.

I have to agree completely with this statement. I have been researching entheogens of all sorts, including DMT and ayahuasca, since I was 15 years old. I did not experience DMT until I was 26. I always intended on taking the voyage sooner or later, but the couple months before my first trip it's all I wanted to read about.
Hydrocarbon is indeed a real person existing in real time. However, Hydrocarbon is actually a proxy for another individual, Nemano, that lives outside the realm of current Terran laws and regulations. All posts made by Hydrocarbon in which "I", "me", and other references to himself are the voice of Nemano speaking digitally through Hydrocarbon. Any illicit, immoral, or otherwise questionable behavior that Hydrocarbon appears to be admitting to are actually the actions of Nemano.

Occasionally, Hydrocarbon has been known to inject his twisted sense of humor into Nemano's words, but anything stated that was particularly witty or insightful was most likely not the result of Hydrocarbon's intellect.

The_Shaman
#9 Posted : 7/24/2010 7:31:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome ETM , what a first post! Im new here too and I must say this is a friendly bunch of fellow explorers.

I also think DMT chooses you, when I read about this the first time, I went out and bought Rick strassman's book, read it through and had a better understanding and was fascinated that such a molecue existed and this old hippie never heard of it!?!

and then I found the NEXUS. after a few weeks of casual reading , it became clear that I HAD to indulge.

~ it came on sort of like an obsession , but it was more of a Spiritual path, which I can say Im very happy to have started on, it wasn't quite like I thought it would be either, you can read all you want, but words cant really describe the intensity and can only hint at the beauty,.. and Ive only taken baby steps so far.

Other have said it here : You will either seek it out or it will find you when the time is right, and I firmly believe that.

I know that sounds all Mystical and Magical, and that's perfect =cause that is exactly what this is.

my proof: the 2nd time I smoked it I saw Dragons Smile
Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole

EscapingTheMatrix
#10 Posted : 7/24/2010 8:52:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Theres comes a point during every individual persons, "Spice" sessions when he or she will experience what we here on the nexus refer to as an, Ego Death. This is where you stop existing, and come to terms with the fact that you aren't better than anyone. Everyone is truly equal.

Oh really? I probably haven't experienced anything such as "Ego-Death" as of yet, but from my insight into my own consciousness it has too led me to the realization that we are all equal, and not only that "we" are equal, but also that we are all "one", in every sense of the word. I try not to view the world as being "out there" and I'm "in here"- because I feel that the universe and everything thereof exist solely because of this one universal consciousness which connects us all. Many different people,...one consciousness. I would call myself a Buddhist, but that's not totally adequate for me; when people ask what religion I am, I respond by saying "quantum". In saying "quantum", I'm really referencing the culmination of things I've learned about consciousness and the world around me as they relate to each other which leads me to believe we are all one. If we all share the same consciousness, to me, there really cannot be a "you" or a "me" as two different people, as Bill Hicks said it, "we are all one universal consciousness experiencing itself subjectively". Sure we look different, but in essence-we are the same, or "One". I believe this...

Quote:
I realize you are open minded enough to understand that people don't smoke a substance such as Cannabis for the sole reason that they need to be able to, "cope" with society or reality. Cannabis has to be one of the most abused substances out there, but I have discovered more about who I want to be and how to do it through Cannabis then Spice.

Of course all people don't smoke Cannabis for the sole purpose of "getting high", but it just so happens that all the people I know of through experience smoke it for that very reason alone; "getting high". I tried it,....but it didn't do anything to me. It didn't really feel anymore relaxed than I usually would be on a day to day basis, so I stopped using it. I had no use for it.

Quote:
I've come to believe that the places we arrive to during a Spice breakthrough is our consciousness manifested into a physical world we can explore. Allowing us to be literally connected with our soul to discover who we truly are.

THIS, is something I had some questions on, is doing "spice" or DMT just like lucid dreaming or does it feel as REAL as you and me walking around in day to day life. I mean, if DMT just puts you into this altered state of consciousness similar to being awake in a dream, I kinda would lose enthusiasm for it because that doesn't feel all that real to me.( lucid dreaming). More like watching a movie. But if the DMT experience feels as real as walking around in day to day life as you experience a kaleidoscope of colors and beautiful chaos, then yes, I'd love to experience it. I just don't want it to feel anything like I'm in a dream. Dreams bore me,....even the really exciting one, because I just feel like I'm watching an action movie. Rolling eyes

Now with regards to the place you arrive to during a DMT break-through, that's another story, and something I totally have no explanation for; it fascinates me. What really is this place which your consciousness has just been rocket-catapulted to and does it exist externally from your physical body, or is it merely the inner depths of your consciousness gone wild as you enjoy the ride in an imaginary world which doesn't correspond with reality in any way? I dunno! lol. Based upon a given experience, I'm willing to bet your consciousness is actually visiting these other realms of existence that our sensing are incapable of detecting because of the frequency they operate on. Humanity is very arrogant, we actually believe that THIS is it, and there is nothing else outside of the 5 senses. I don't hold that view. Our 5 senses are what allow us to operate on this particular frequency of existence, but it's not far-fetching or illogical for me to think there is something beyond that the 5 senses cannot detect because of they're limited nature. There is an infinite amount of other things outside of human awareness that actually exist that we cannot detect....unless we put ourselves into altered states of consciousness. That's where DMT comes in.

Quote:
Spice is there for anyone with good intent. Someone who has led a close minded existence will be just as amazed as an open minded person when Spice opens its endless doors to them. Everything Spice does for us is meant for the better. Even in a terrifying instance of entities physically and mentally beating you, there is always a silver lining to help you learn and better yourself as a person.

Every method Spice uses to teach us, whether it's through Love or Hate, is always meant to better us as an individual. By changing ourselves, we also learn how to help others.

Exactly. My intent is to learn more about myself and the world around me, so whatever I experience through the use of DMT is a plus, whether it's good or bad. I feel each experience has a meaning or purpose to it,...a lesson if you will.

Quote:
One of the very first lessons I received from Spice was to let go of this silly concept of, Time. You need to be living in the now, feeling every moment, realizing your and the worlds every action and all reactions that occur. You'll quickly discover that putting off, "the call" (Where you gain the sudden erg to smoke Spice and can not, let alone should not resist/put it off) to smoke Spice is a horribly bad idea.

Not only will the perfect moment have passed, but you would be replacing it with a moment that, in reality, is much less meaningful. When the time is right, never pass it up. It could be daily even. Never pass up an opportunity to smoke Spice.

I promise as soon as you start your first spice session, you will not only want to go back, but feel the need to.

Don't worry,...I was being humble and modest, I'd probably want to go back daily depending on the experience. But because of the type of person I am, I guard myself and try not to become "attached" to things, even the joy of a DMT experience, I try to remain "detached" for all intents and purposes. If your attached to the DMT experience then you'd always "gotta have it", any absence of it will produce grief or as the Buddhist say "suffering", but if you remain detached and aware of your own thoughts, you'll realize you haven't given up "self-control" to the DMT experience, you'll be able to turn down this unconscious "urge" to do it or go back to that place it put you in. If I had an amazing DMT experience, I probably would actually wait years trying to get back to that place on my own, rather than through the use of the drug. Meditation would be my starting point. Chances are, I'll do DMT more than once, but I'll make sure not to get attached to it and only use it in moderation. If your going to use DMT to reach altered states of consciousness to experience other realities, use it as a tool, a door-way for your learning experience, just don't get "obsessed" or dependent on the usage of the tool itself. This is what I try to stay away from. Sure, I may love the experience I had under DMT but I will not become dependent or obsessed by the experience itself to the point where everyday, "I gotta do some DMT so I can go back to hyperspace he he he, it makes me feel soo good, ah yes."

DMT is like a tool or a key, to a gateway to somewhere far off-inside of you or perhaps outside of you, just don't get overzealous because you have the tool in your possession. Just be responsible.

I'd love to see dragons BTW, it would be a little more interesting than my 9-5 job, or sky diving. Wink
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, that there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imaginations of ourselves."
-Bill Hicks

ragabr
#11 Posted : 7/24/2010 4:29:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EscapingTheMatrix wrote:

DMT is like a tool or a key, to a gateway to somewhere far off-inside of you or perhaps outside of you, just don't get overzealous because you have the tool in your possession. Just be responsible.

People saying that they don't approach DMT as a drug, and then call it "a tool or a key," kind of get my goat.

In hyperspace, you don't use DMT, DMT uses you!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Steely
#12 Posted : 7/24/2010 6:52:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Being in hyperspace feels like nothing I could ever possibly describe to you, but when you come out of this amazing trance, there is only euphoria and happiness.

Learn to never expect anything with Spice. Expect to gain absolutely nothing from your experiences, and expect to be the same person when you come back from it. You'll know what to do and how to continue bettering yourself when Spice begins teaching you how.

Just sit back and surrender to it.