We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Comfort Zone and Consciousness Expansion Options

Audacity
#1 Posted : 7/21/2010 10:23:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey,

I'm hoping to join DMT Nexus to have help in my goal to expand my mental map of the world. I've been recently doing things that are beyond my normal comfort zone such as skydiving and hopefully soon bungee jumping. Doing these experiences that are so far away from my normal realm of experiences have helped me look at the world with a whole different perspective. Psychedelics seem to be a great tool for this as well. After reading Dr. Strassman's book and a few others, I'm intrigued by DMT.

(SWIM) has had troubles with even simple MHRB STB teks. (SWIM) believes this is caused by the method of migrating spice in to the solvent, naptha in this case. Simple rolling doesn't migrate it well and shaking causes a seemingly irreversible emulsion (SWIM tried heating up the compound and also adding lye).

Hopefully the DMT Nexus community can help with recommending the proper technique and what the best mindset is to have before smoking the spice.

Thanks,

-A
All posts are fiction...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

lonewolf123
#2 Posted : 7/22/2010 12:19:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe adding salt will help with the emulsion and the proper mindset for the first time smoking (imo) is to just sort of zone out. Dont have fear, expectation,... any thought really. It will show itself to you, and it will be good Smile

Audacity
#3 Posted : 7/22/2010 12:28:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. Any thoughts on rolling vs. swirling vs. shaking and for how long?
All posts are fiction...

Global
#4 Posted : 7/22/2010 12:39:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

When you take DMT, you should try to steer clear of simply trying to attain the ultimate high, beyond skydiving or what not. Before you embark on your trip, you should make your intentions clear about what you hope to gain from it, other than: "I hope this is really crazy"...Sorry, not trying to be so negative, I'm sure you weren't even thinking like that anyway lol. Welcome to the nexus.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Eden
#5 Posted : 7/22/2010 12:57:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What makes you say rolling doesn't migrate the spice well? I have always had perfect results with rolling...cleaner solvent and no emulsions.

Surface area is the biggest issue, and rolling will gently mix both layers within themselves while varying their surface contact. It may take a bit longer, but most good extractions do.

Audacity
#6 Posted : 7/22/2010 3:56:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Eden wrote:
What makes you say rolling doesn't migrate the spice well? I have always had perfect results with rolling...cleaner solvent and no emulsions.

Surface area is the biggest issue, and rolling will gently mix both layers within themselves while varying their surface contact. It may take a bit longer, but most good extractions do.

You're right. Rolling actually worked this last time. I just didn't see crystals earlier. It's been about 18 hours and there are a lot of small white specks suspended in the naptha. I'm guessing I should keep the naptha (about 75 ml) in the freezer longer?
All posts are fiction...

Eden
#7 Posted : 7/22/2010 4:37:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not much of a naphtha fan so I can't say with certainty, but the freeze precip should be given plenty of time. At least a day, maybe more.
If the precip seems low, evap and try again.

The key to the rolling is contact time. Shaking will obviously mix the solution better and not as much time is needed, but then you have emulsions to deal with. As lonewolf mentioned, plain salt should help as well as the heating you tried.