We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
the madprossor is online Options

madprossor
#1 Posted : 7/19/2010 11:47:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi!

I believe I posted here 5 years ago under a different name. I started extracting from MHRB around then. Years before that I was a hive bee.

I am amazed to see how much technical progress has been made on this board and on others like it. I am getting the feeling that I used to get on the hive- we are mutating too fast to bee stopped now! The genie cannot be put back in the bottle!

I have developed some optimized bulk Teks which I would be glad to share.

I honor the psychedelic experience and share sacraments with those who I think are wise enough to use them appropriately with good result. I have had a problem in the past trying to accomplish good things with the help of bad people, a common pitfall. In the short-term there were gains but such a strategy is long-term unstable and liable to cost you more pain than it was ever worth in the first place.

Even the most wonderful tools in the world can do no good at all when they are in the hands of someone who never had a right intention for how to use them. Choose carefully your life depends on it!

Getting silly high is entirely beside the point of my work. The purpose of the psychedelic experience is to learn, change, and grow. The visuals are just the icing on the cake.

Strong psychedelics should be dispensed with good philosophy if any net positive benefit is to be expected. My philosophy is that freedom is the root of all good things. Freedom begets truth, truth enables justice, justice brings peace, and peace nourishes love.

I understand this flows the other way also, starting at love and ending with freedom.

But without some amount of freedom for footing how can truth propagate and grow? (Ditto for the rest.) Fortunately no society on earth has ever completely eliminated freedom- there is always something on which to build. Where there is room to wiggle there is hope. Let's dance!

I returned to the Nexus today in part because the inconsistent and biased censorship on a certain other psychedelic board is in extreme conflict with my notions of freedom. I understand that chemical synthesis is censored here (they were not censored on dmtworld where i was discussing DET with Meme) but you guys are not applying that restriction strictly (i see your lemminger reduction- nice synthesis). I sort of feel that on best DMT website in the world we could be allowed to speak of the work of Stephen Szara maybeWut?

But if you feel strongly otherwise and apply your policy consistently and without bias then I can respectfully observe it and post synthetic results elsewhere.

Somebody give me "welcome home" and a hug if ya can.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 7/19/2010 12:09:14 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hi madprossor,

Welcome to the DMT-Nexus.

The discussion of synthesis is not allowed on the DMT-Nexus for the following reasons:
1. It involves dangerous chemicals (too dangerous for our average members)
2. It involves watched chemicals (ordering this substances puts you on a list)
3. Synthesis of DMT will very likely be used for mass distribution, meaning we get even more attention from our nice government agencies. Pleased

However, if it is about synthesis of legal substances (like harmalas for example) and if it doesn't involve watched or dangerous chemicals then it's allowed on the DMT-Nexus.

I hope you understand this policy that we have in place.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

madprossor
#3 Posted : 7/19/2010 2:12:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

naptha is a dangerous chemical. my friend almost burned the shop down once when an open-pot STB (heated electrically to around 70C) spontaneously ignited just before he was about to decant the naptha. fortunately the lid of the pot was close at hand.

hmm, the lemminger reduction of dmt-n-oxide to dmt does not strictly meet your qualifications because the product-

1) is dmt
2) is illegal

but it does comply in that-

1) the chemicals are not dangerous
2) the dmt-n-oxide is not an available commercial product so it is unlikely that members will order it from suppliers, be placed on lists, or use the synthesis for mass distribution

I'm not looking to pick a fight for fun I'm just a psychedelic chemist trying to end the drug war as quickly and cleanly as I can. If the legal status of mimosa and other ayahuasca herbs changes in more countries I will question the rationale behind of your policy again. I understand of course that if mimosa is banned someone could smuggle in seeds and grow their own for 5 years in a greenhouse or something- securing safe access for him/herself without the necessity of synthesis. Is that the direction we're headed? It is not a bad direction but I'm more of a chemist than a gardener.

The whole situation is a bit of a cluster-fuck- I would prefer if fascist thugs would stop kicking down the doors of our churches and jailing the priests. Then knowledge could be passed smoothly from master to student without any disruption to society; instead of spreading from friend to friend or acquaintance to acquaintance with no one really in control.

Surely you agree with me that a religious exemption to the laws against pure DMT should be granted as should a similar exemption to the laws against ayahuasca- regardless of the race or national origin of the practitioner. If so we are in harmony although our methods differ.

hyperspacing
#4 Posted : 7/19/2010 2:45:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus!

madprossor wrote:
Surely you agree with me that a religious exemption to the laws against pure DMT should be granted as should a similar exemption to the laws against ayahuasca- regardless of the race or national origin of the practitioner. If so we are in harmony although our methods differ.

In the usa ayahuasca is legal to make/consume as a religious sacrament. This passed a year or 2 ago.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 7/19/2010 4:05:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello madprossor. Welcome to the Nexus!

We have had discussions at the psychonaut forums already... Your chemistry knowledge will be very much appreciated here!

As for the synthesis, as The Traveler said, we are just thinking of safety of the common member, and not wanting to attract the attention of badly intended profit-seeking individuals or of police and the likes. Of course we realize there are downfalls in this decision, such as certain possibly very interesting information not being discussed, or the fact that badly intended people might still come here or that common members might still screw themselves with lye or naphtha or just poking their eyeballs with a spoon.... But we do feel we at least diminish the potential problems, and the other dangers that simple extractions or ingestion might bring are counter-acted with a nice amount of disclaimers, sections such as the Health and Safety, and the general attitude and mutual help the members in this community provide.

But dont let this put you off, we are not unreasonably strict, as Traveler said, if there are safer synthesis or reactions (such as zinc reduction or for sure many others that could come up), it can be discussed. So yeah, as you can see, its all about good sense. While you are right the final product of n-oxide reduction is dmt, you also have mentioned yourself that n-oxide wont be available commercially, so its not like it will be used in big quantities (who will have dmt n-oxide anyways, other than people extracting from mimosa and evaporating with heat and air, or people extracting from leafy n-oxide containing plants? So its not like they will present any more danger) and wont really lead to more negative attention or profit-seeking.

Also, you can still discuss more technical and advanced theoretical chemistry in the Advanced Chemistry section. Just remember to have the forum guideliness in mind and a general good sense, and im sure you'll do fine. If in doubt if something can be posted or not, you can always ask The Traveler or a mod and it can be considered. Or just post if you think its ok considering what has been said, and if mods think for some reason its not, then it will be reasoned and explained to you why. Smile

One more thing, appart from mimosa, there's some bubbling up of experiments in the forum regarding other plants such as phalaris and so on, and with the help of some members with access to spectrometry and other nice equipment, we hope sometime in the future we can help covering our bases from different angles if mimosa ever does get outlawed in some countries (though Im pretty confident mimosa wont ever be outlawed in Brazil)

You can post now around the forum, by the way Smile See you around

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 7/19/2010 4:30:04 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

madprossor wrote:
naptha is a dangerous chemical. my friend almost burned the shop down once when an open-pot STB (heated electrically to around 70C) spontaneously ignited just before he was about to decant the naptha. fortunately the lid of the pot was close at hand.

See, when I read this, I don't think, "oh yes, naptha is a dangerous chemical." I think, "oh wow, your friend is a fool (or just completely without safety protocols), nothing like solvents and heating elements." I mean, I see this as the equivalent to someone saying "water is a dangerous chemical. I when i stick my face in it, I can't breathe and almost died, thank god a snorkeling tube was right there." If naptha is handled correctly, it is not a dangerous chemical. That is much less true with many chemicals required for (and resulting from) synths.

madprossor wrote:
I'm not looking to pick a fight for fun...If the legal status of mimosa and other ayahuasca herbs changes in more countries I will question the rationale behind of your policy again.

So, if not for fun, then why? Razz And honestly, I'm curious why are there so many people who feel the need to come out now and challenge the few Nexus policies that are actually in writing. I agree that things should be reviewed in order to make sure they are relevant to the times and circumstances, but I feel that The Traveller and the moderators are more than competent and if a major even warrants a shift in Nexus policy, I'm sure they'll adjust accordingly.

madprossor wrote:
I understand of course that if mimosa is banned someone could smuggle in seeds and grow their own for 5 years in a greenhouse or something- securing safe access for him/herself without the necessity of synthesis. Is that the direction we're headed? It is not a bad direction but I'm more of a chemist than a gardener.

Yes, that's the direction we're headed. That's why there are so many people working on grasses and grass teks (and why there are numerous threads on acacia extractions). You're not limited to growing mimosa, there are all sorts of plants you can grow to extract spice from. Choosing any of those plants is infinitely simpler (and safer) than synthesis for the average person. There are plenty of chem-oriented and specifically-chem drug forums out there that have no restrictions against discussion of synthesis.

madprossor wrote:
Surely you agree with me that a religious exemption to the laws against pure DMT should be granted as should a similar exemption to the laws against ayahuasca- regardless of the race or national origin of the practitioner.

Well, more basic than that, anyone who undertakes any practice, that does not harm or impinge upon others, in the name of religion (or spirituality) should be allowed to do so. There is no questioning the validity of any given religion, for that only results in the popularity contest definitions of religions that we see today. Religious practice should not be excluded legitimate protection due to a lack of practitioners compared to other religions.

Welcome to the forum madprossor Very happy it's good to have you.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Macre
#7 Posted : 7/19/2010 4:43:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The world is full of people with varying knowledge of many fields. We as a community can not make or stop any individual doing anything, but these policies are in place to offer responsible guidelines, and also as damage limitation. As endlessness said:

endlessness wrote:
Of course we realize there are downfalls in this decision, such as certain possibly very interesting information not being discussed, or the fact that badly intended people might still come here or that common members might still screw themselves with lye or naphtha or just poking their eyeballs with a spoon

I myself am one of the average members The Traveler mentioned, and I have very little experience in chemistry, and even find the use of lye and naphtha daunting (although i treat all such things with the utmost respect). Therefore I respect and follow the policies in place. With that said, as I'm a relative newbie, maybe I have no real place saying what I've just said, but I'm just throwing in my two pennies worth. Welcome to the nexus my friend.

Peace and Respect,

Macre.

All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

ragabr
#8 Posted : 7/19/2010 5:45:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome back, madprossor. Good to have you and look forward to hearing more. Bee well!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

MelCat
#9 Posted : 7/21/2010 6:41:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome MadProssor

I'm still kinda new here but I for one welcome any information you would like to share.

Peace and Love and BIG BIG HUGZZZ <3
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...