We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Wants to learn more about DMT. Options

CelestialSpores
#1 Posted : 7/19/2010 6:57:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am a college student, working part time. I have known about DMT for a year or so and have more recently been interested in what it is.

I am a science major and love chemistry. Months ago I was an agnostic. After reading DMT: The spirit molecule I would say that I believe in the existence of spirits. I am a more spiritual person after my reading. Today I am still an agnostic, but I am far more content with my beliefs. DMT, for me, connected science with religion in ways I thought were impossible. I have been reading a fair amount about the substance but still have some questions.

This is the relevance of DMT in my life.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

D-Rock138
#2 Posted : 7/19/2010 7:08:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If you take a whip-style vaporizer put enough weed to cover the screen and then put enough crytals so that there is a light yellow layer on top you will have what even an athiest like myself will call a true spiritual experiance, a powerful personally transformative moment. But I don't think dmt says anything about life after death or dieties.

ragabr
#3 Posted : 7/19/2010 7:10:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you actually journeyed, or did reading alone convince to open your sense of possibilities?

Welcome!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

CelestialSpores
#4 Posted : 7/19/2010 7:14:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No I haven't journeyed. The reading was powerful enough to convince me to be more spiritual. Thanks for welcoming me. Smile

gammagore
#5 Posted : 7/19/2010 7:47:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CelestialSpores wrote:
The reading was powerful enough to convince me to be more spiritual.

NiceSmile

Welcome to the Nexus!!

Global
#6 Posted : 7/19/2010 7:56:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I actually had very similar beginnings with DMT. I was fascinated with the substance before I personally tried it or read The Spirit Molecule, and as an agnostic (which I still am) I was somewhat off-put by the title of the book at first, but since it was so highly recommended, I decided to read it anyway, and I found a similar feeling in the connection of science and spirituality that I would have laughed at or scoffed off previously. Welcome to the nexus, and I look forward to hearing your questions.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

CelestialSpores
#7 Posted : 7/19/2010 8:06:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gobalswg wrote:
I actually had very similar beginnings with DMT. I was fascinated with the substance before I personally tried it or read The Spirit Molecule, and as an agnostic (which I still am) I was somewhat off-put by the title of the book at first, but since it was so highly recommended, I decided to read it anyway, and I found a similar feeling in the connection of science and spirituality that I would have laughed at or scoffed off previously. Welcome to the nexus, and I look forward to hearing your questions.

Yes we have had a similar experience. I felt out of place in the spirituality section at the book store a bit, but felt comfortable when I glanced over at the philosophy. I'm defiantly much more open now.

The phrase "spirit molecule" seems contradictory at first glance.

gibran2
#8 Posted : 7/19/2010 8:16:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

D-Rock138 wrote:
...you will have what even an athiest like myself will call a true spiritual experiance, a powerful personally transformative moment. But I don't think dmt says anything about life after death or dieties.

Well, it might be more accurate to say that your experiences with DMT so far haven’t revealed anything about life after death or deities.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

kyrolima
#9 Posted : 7/19/2010 8:23:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

learning about life isn't enough?

WELCOME to the NEXUS
elusive illusion

hyperspacing
#10 Posted : 7/19/2010 8:27:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the nexus!!
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

Ginkgo
#11 Posted : 7/19/2010 8:28:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey and welcome! It is very good to hear that you broadened your perspectives after only reading "The Spirit Molecule"! You should look forward to experience DMT and the related substances yourself, because whatever you have read and whatever your impression of them are, you don't even have a clue before you experience it yourself!

Have a nice stay!

- EG

CelestialSpores
#12 Posted : 7/19/2010 8:36:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Global
#13 Posted : 7/19/2010 10:29:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Mr_DMT wrote:
learning about life isn't enough?

For a lot of people, learning about death helps in living a better life, and therefore may often not be enough.

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Xt
#14 Posted : 7/20/2010 2:04:23 AM

Just remember to keep your feet on the ground while your heads in the clouds.
Welcome to the nexus!

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna