We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sign this please - Help end the war on drugs (0% BS) Options

clouds
#1 Posted : 7/13/2010 4:47:39 AM

Human

http://www.viennadeclaration.com/

The Vienna Declaration is a statement seeking to improve community health and safety by calling for the incorporation of scientific evidence into illicit drug policies. We are inviting scientists, health practitioners and the public to endorse this document in order to bring these issues to the attention of governments and international agencies, and to illustrate that drug policy reform is a matter of urgent international significance. We also welcome organizational endorsements.

This is the official declaration of the XVIII International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2010) to be held in Vienna, Austria from July 18th to 23rd. The declaration was drafted by a team of international experts and initiated by several of the world’s leading HIV and drug policy scientific bodies: the International AIDS Society, the International Centre for Science in Drug Policy (ICSDP), and the BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS.

Vienna Declaration Writing Committee < --- watch this Shocked

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

BananaForeskin
#2 Posted : 7/13/2010 5:06:14 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Signed it! Thanks for posting this here!
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Phantastica
#3 Posted : 7/13/2010 5:25:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Signed it. Also posted it on Mycotopia: http://forums.mycotopia.net/res...ugs-0-bs.html#post909445
thanks for bringing this to our attention bro
<3

Eden
#4 Posted : 7/13/2010 5:29:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Signed it as well. Very nice discovery. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

clouds
#5 Posted : 7/13/2010 8:06:35 PM

Human

Thanks for signing!

Via Youtube mail, Michaela from the ICSDP Team told me the following:

PS - You may be happy to hear, if you haven't already, that Ex-President Zedillo along with Cardoso of Brazil, Gavaria of Colombia, and writers Vargas Llosa and Coehlo all came on board to the Vienna Declaration today. We are thrilled!

It will be interesting indeed.

Let's all sign Smile

Phantastica
#6 Posted : 7/15/2010 4:16:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

someone posted a topic supporting this Vienna Declaration on the HMG website as well: Vienna Declaration
so take a moment to rate this post; if you're not registered, then do so. registering will only take like 30 seconds. every vote counts!
<3

clouds
#7 Posted : 7/15/2010 4:21:51 AM

Human

Rated it 5 stars. It was easy indeed, no e.mail confirmation or anything... just a nick and voila!

edit:

Also, I just checked that the highest rated idea has ONLY 11 votes.
This means that DMT.Nexus can make the Legalization of drugs the #1 rated topic in one night. Not the most commented though.

Phantastica
#8 Posted : 7/15/2010 6:02:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

clouds wrote:
Rated it 5 stars. It was easy indeed, no e.mail confirmation or anything... just a nick and voila!

exactly, its very easy and quick; everyone should do it. also, once registered, then many other similar ideas regarding drug laws can be rated 5 stars as well, thus creating an even greater impact.

clouds wrote:
edit:

Also, I just checked that the highest rated idea has ONLY 11 votes.
This means that DMT.Nexus can make the Legalization of drugs the #1 rated topic in one night. Not the most commented though.

the highest rated idea i'm pretty sure is arranged in date-wise order. because there are many others with high ratings; for ex this one: Legalize and Tax Cannabis
your absolutely right that Nexus can make the Legalization of drugs the #1 rated topic in one night though. there are more than 6000 registered members at the Nexus. if even half were to vote, then it will be noticed. so lets get off our high horses everyone and lets vote!Very happy

*edit* even though HMG is a british site, and involves Britain's laws, it will still serve as a precursor for the legalization of drugs in the rest of the countries, if successful. So just because it's British, and SWIY may be an international resident, don't let that fact keep you from voting. you can still register and make a difference!
<3

trancenut
#9 Posted : 7/19/2010 11:41:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Signed with pleasure. We need the facts and then make up our own minds. Like the grown adults we are, rather than the compliant children that the so called authorities want us to be.

As Jimi said in If Six was Nine - " I'm the one who's about to die when it's time for me to die. So let me live my life ... the way I want to."

aetherbound
#10 Posted : 7/20/2010 12:42:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of us Nexians and I hope everyone signs up.
Peace and Love, Aetherbound
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!