We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
[NEW] Privacy statement Options

obliguhl
#21 Posted : 5/19/2010 10:20:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Ahh isnt this getting a little old now? why do you constantly make your posts like that with all those spaces? reminds me of kindergarden with the double spaced writing paper..you dont even make sense man.

..its his style, relax....I can also understand his argument very well but I wouldn't want to keep house posts under the premise of this new rule...but because it would really destroy part of the forum.

It's a very unfortunate situation because i care for houses well being as well.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ohayoco
#22 Posted : 5/19/2010 10:52:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ya wrote:
Traveler, in what situations is making policies retroactive right? In what situations is making policies retroactive wrong? Wut?

Ya, surely no-one is making retroactive policies, I'm pretty certain this privacy statement is just a statement of what the law already was, yes Trav?

Seeing as you say you only want to speak to Traveler, please PM him instead. You can't have your cake and eat it... i.e. create drama plays in front of everybody, but not expect them to tell you what they think of your actions!

So, Ya can be consistent by PMing Trav from now, and we can get back to talking about entheogens.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

ghostman
#23 Posted : 5/19/2010 11:53:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya wrote:
blablabla

A logical answer would have been, "Hmm, I never thought about what it means to make a new policy retroactive."

whole bunch of white noise...

It's a t'interwebs forum, Ya, not a fucking life insurance policy.

Basic decorum and netiquette means that it is in the public domain and there are dependencies on posts. On all other forums of which I am a member it is not cool to delete posts and it is in fact disbled. Retro-Editing posts to become unreadible will get you banned.

Now stop being such a prick and go and load your bong with 50mg, ask the spice what you should be more concerned about (my guess is you'll come back rather apologetic).
Peace in mind, Love in heart

Infundibulum
#24 Posted : 5/19/2010 12:08:11 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Ya, WTF, you talk to yourself? Also, you appear to be unable to form paragraphs from individual sentences in your posts?

Anyway, polices are written to make clear things that after some point appear to be unclear. What stands now as a "policy" was a general consensus of the Nexus members when there were a handful of Nexus members and nothing really needed to be spelt out explicitly. As the Nexus grows so does the diversity and thus different consensi and notions appear. The latter requires for some things policies to be spelt out explicitly.

In this respect there is no issue of retrospective or not. The policy has to do with what always the consensus was. As an analogous example, look at the "Attitude" link on top. It did not exist from the beginning; it was added when people with far off different attitudes approached the Nexus and there was a need to make clearer what we stand for. The posting of the "Attitude" does not succumb to a "retrospective or not" false dilemmas. We did not start having the "Attitude" after it was posted. The Attitude was there from the beginning it just got written on stone for people to understand what the Nexus stands and stands not for.

Exactly the same goes for the Policy.

EDIT: this is redundant post, Entropy on page 1 of this thread already said pretty much the same thing...

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

ThirdEyeVision
#25 Posted : 5/19/2010 3:58:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Isn't Ya the one that asked for the new policy to be posted? Now he's upset with it? Ban this guy so we can all move on.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

The Traveler
#26 Posted : 5/19/2010 7:07:31 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Ya wrote:
Well, Traveler, I see you have logged in, but you still don't feel like answering the original question, oh well.

A logical answer would have been, "Hmm, I never thought about what it means to make a new policy retroactive."
"I now understand the point you have brought up, this new policy IS retroactively being forced upon all old posts."
"I agree that no new policy should be retroactively forced upon actions that were made before the policy was posted."
"So, even though it is embarrassing to agree with Ya, in the name of logic I hereby make the new policy NON-retroactive."
"This means that all posts made after the new policy was posted are subject to the new policy, not the posts made before."
"The posts which seem integral to us that were posted before the new policy was posted, can NOT be forced to be kept."
"The posts which seem integral to us that were posted after the new policy was posted, CAN be forced to be kept. OK?"

A very suggestive post you made Ya. I'm not sure what you try to accomplish with this?

I hoped that with my previous post you would have understood that when I denied the request of house that this was done BEFORE the privacy statement was published. This means that the question of forcing this policy retroactive upon all members is mute since it was already in play BEFORE this policy was published, many things we do here is done by a general consensus of the members of the DMT-Nexus. The special cases were I have to make an important decision myself, like the case of house, I try to do what is best for this community as a whole.

You have to understand that when looking at things like this that there is no black or white. If somebody in the future asks me if I can remove all their posts then I will look at that case as a single incident, where I will analyse the effects and check if the request doesn't conflict with the interests of other members. Currently we are a community that is way too flexible for fixed rules. When looking at that attitude page, did you ever wonder why there are so few rules in there and that so many things are left to the peoples own rationale?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

The Traveler
#27 Posted : 5/19/2010 7:11:48 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

ThirdEyeVision wrote:
Ban this guy so we can all move on.

I'm not a big supporter of banning people when there are still other options available.

Regards,

The Traveler

ghostman
#28 Posted : 5/19/2010 7:34:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya wrote:
Again, thank you.

And I understand why it is hard for groups to accept the possibility that group opinions are often wrong, groups don't want to hear that.

OK, I'll take a self-imposed break from posting for awhile. Again, thanks for answering my question Trav.

Well it looks like nobody wants to hear that they are wrong Wink

Self-imposed break, because of this? Is that a temporary flounce? Whambulance anyone?

Peace in mind, Love in heart

Pandora
#29 Posted : 5/20/2010 3:50:44 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Chiming in in the middle of a significant (perhaps long, perhaps this is it) break. This is very very good to see spelled out.

Read it, understand it, proceed accordingly.

-Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

PREV12