We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Breakthough on jimjam acetates, just as potent as freebase no doubt. Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 3/10/2010 3:12:42 AM

SWIM

So SWIM likes to kill 2 birds with 1 stone with his tests, this time he killed 4.

Test 1:
Can jimjam acetates be salted out of xylene (and THOROUGHLY evaporated) into a smokable product?
Answer: Yes, very much so! They are like taffy, instead of a thick gel like limonene-pulled ones!

Test 2: Does using a bubbler make the smoke less harsh?
Answer: Yes! SWIM wasn't sure he was smoking at all until thick white smoke was leaking from his lips!

Test 3: Can jimjam acetates be smoked for a breakthrough dose?
Answer: Yes, yes, yes

Test 4: Is SWIM ready for another strong pharma
Answer: Not yet, he freaked out, he needs to make peace with DMT again.

Here is SWIM's psychedelic journal entry

Quote:
March 9th, 2010

7:00
just coming down from a very strong jimjam acetate trip, The bubbler-machine was filled with 52mg, 39.4mg freebase with 1.32% weight conversion. It is a little gooey to work with I thought I'd put enough for a breakthrough and not smoke it all. I didn't even come close to coming close to finishing it BTW

Anyway unlike last time it REALLY took me and this is something I NEED to make peace with before I pharma again. I was really cowering and feeling that it was going to show me something that I wasn't ready for.

My inner monologue was litterally "Oh shit... this is going to be one to remember, this isn't just a dream I'm going to be SHOWN this.... shit... okay, I'm safe... I'm okay, lets just let it happen... it'll be over soon"

I was really very very present ego-wise during the whole process, the visuals on jimjam are INSANELY POTENT.

But the healing and teaching potential came at the end when I was thinking about the fact that I never actually bawled at all about my pharma trip. It was wretchly the most crazy and terrifying experience and I ran from it the whole way, I never cried.

Anyway while think about that fact the visuals literally became completely crying entities and terrified faces. I was feeling the amazing "I am back" euphoria so I didn't feel the sadness or anything, but the thoughts completely turned visual, it was freaky. The jimjam totally "read my thoughts" it was pretty weird

EDIT (post is below, but SWIM hopes this thread will be popular and it will need to be on the original post):

OH MY HAMBURGERS!!!

SWIM now knows why they were just as potent as freebase. THEY WERE FREEBASE!

SWIM discovered it while making a sublingual tincture out of the rest of the goo.

He used 4ml of hot tap water for ~250mg of alkaloids and he was surprised that the mix was milky and not dissolving well.
He then added 1ml of 5% vinegar and BAM it turned clear and yellow!

That tell SWIM that in the very simple process of using a flat-bottomed container over boiling water he vaporized all the acetates leaving freebase.
Clearly this is the only solution since no other state of the alkaloids would react as so, not dissolving in water then immediately converting with a small amount of vinegar added.

Now this is not an original process, apparently it has been used in the past for harmalas and recently by blueskine via food dehyrator.

SWIM's process is much less expensive he supposes and though the posted boiling point for DMT is 60-80C SWIM knows that is way off.
WAY back in his bulb-vaporizer days he thought he'd use some water to prevent the spice from burning.
Do you think he got anything but steam before all the water was gone? NO! And he ended up burning the spice and getting ~5-6mg worth of effects from 25mg.

You can also use the flat-bottom dish over a simmer pot, it will just be slower.

(SWIM knows this is a micky mouse statement, he's pretty excited and hasn't the time for organization...)

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 3/10/2010 3:27:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

this is very cool..

What is the boiling point for the acetates I am wondering?..i guess you just need to be a bit more careful with the lighter to make sure not to burn the stuff?
Long live the unwoke.

q21q21
#3 Posted : 3/10/2010 3:42:07 AM

SWIM

OH MY HAMBURGERS!!!

SWIM now knows why they were just as potent as freebase. THEY WERE FREEBASE!

SWIM discovered it while making a sublingual tincture out of the rest of the goo.

He used 4ml of hot tap water for ~250mg of alkaloids and he was surprised that the mix was milky and not dissolving well.
He then added 1ml of 5% vinegar and BAM it turned clear and yellow!

That tell SWIM that in the very simple process of using a flat-bottomed container over boiling water he vaporized all the acetates leaving freebase.
Clearly this is the only solution since no other state of the alkaloids would react as so, not dissolving in water then immediately converting with a small amount of vinegar added.

Now this is not an original process, apparently it has been used in the past for harmalas and recently by blueskine via food dehyrator.

SWIM's process is much less expensive he supposes and though the posted boiling point for DMT is 60-80C SWIM knows that is way off.
WAY back in his bulb-vaporizer days he thought he'd use some water to prevent the spice from burning.
Do you think he got anything but steam before all the water was gone? NO! And he ended up burning the spice and getting ~5-6mg worth of effects from 25mg.
(this was pure white freebase pull with naptha)

You can also use the flat-bottom dish over a simmer pot, it will just be slower.

(SWIM knows this is a micky mouse statement, he's pretty excited and hasn't the time for organization...)

The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

jamie
#4 Posted : 3/10/2010 4:25:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

im confused..how did the acetate end up as a base?
Long live the unwoke.

q21q21
#5 Posted : 3/10/2010 5:07:33 AM

SWIM

fractal enchantment wrote:
im confused..how did the acetate end up as a base?

acetic acid has a flash point of 40c/104f, it works!

benzyme
#6 Posted : 3/10/2010 5:26:48 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

the title is a bit misleading, a free base form of a compound will always be more potent (by weight) than its salt derivative.

and acetate salts will remain in solution, swiy'll just vaporize water (resulting in a saturated solution or crystals of acetate salts).
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

q21q21
#7 Posted : 3/10/2010 5:30:13 AM

SWIM

benzyme wrote:
the title is a bit misleading, a free base form of a compound will always be more potent (by weight) than its salt derivative.

and acetate salts will remain in solution, swiy'll just vaporize water (resulting in a saturated solution or crystals of acetate salts).

True it WAS misleading, but in fact if the post is read carefully SWIM found that the process of evaporation made the acetates convert into freebase, this process has been described before by blueskine and 69ron said it has been used in the past with harmalas.

Thanks for reading though Razz

benzyme
#8 Posted : 3/10/2010 5:43:44 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

this scheme doesn't make sense..

so you're saying acetate anions will be dissociated from the dmt base, and present in the water vapor?
what did the product look like?
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

q21q21
#9 Posted : 3/10/2010 5:49:46 AM

SWIM

SWIM is a terrible kemist, he works on result and experience. Take a splash of acetic acid and have it evaporate over a simmering pot, never directly heated, only by the water.

Once the liquid is gone there will be nothing there. That and the fact that the resulting alkaloids smoked just like freebase jimjam and would not dissolve in water without adding vinegar is the only proof SWIM needs.

SWIM has done this in the oven at 200C in mescaline extractions, several times there were no alkaloids at all and no "acetate crystals" either

If someone with more chemistry knowledge can tell SWIM how it works then he could explain it better, but at this point SWIM just knows it works.

benzyme wrote:
this scheme doesn't make sense..

so you're saying acetate anions will be dissociated from the dmt base, and present in the water vapor?
what did the product look like?

the product is an orangey-red goo.

cheers

benzyme
#10 Posted : 3/10/2010 5:54:47 AM

analytical chemist

it sounds like SWIY may have smoked DMT acetate salts, which might explain the 4-5mg effect from 25mg (the acetate anions add more mass)
dmt acetate should vape at over 100C

what SWIY could do is basify with ammonia then extract with whichever solvent swiy prefers

acetic acid is great, it's all SWIM uses for extractions

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 3/10/2010 9:12:00 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Ben, he tries to say that by heating up the acetates during the drying process the acetic evaporated thus leaving freebases

So in the beginning he tried to smoke the acetates thinking they are acetates....but in practise they were freebases. He found out by trying to dissolve the alleged acetates in water - they wouldn't dissolve because of their freebase nature and addition of acetic acid was the only thing to aid the dissolution.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

69ron
#12 Posted : 3/10/2010 10:03:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Q21q21 is taking advantage of the nature of acetic acid. Acetates are inherently fragile. Acetates like harmaline acetate will break apart and form acetic acid vapor and freebase harmaline if heated leaving behind pure freebase harmaline powder. This is true for some other acetates as well. Apparently, DMT acetate also comes apart if heated enough.

This is a chemistry trick that only works with weak salts. Acetates are some of the weakest salts around. Acetic acid is known for this.

The reason many drugs are not in acetate form, is because some acetates break apart even at room temperature, if given enough time. So acetates are often not used in pharmaceuticals. They don't come apart in solution though.

Of course the utility of this depends highly on the specific salt used. Not all acetates will comes apart if heated. Harmaline acetate is proven to degrade into acetic acid and harmaline on heating, and SWIM tested it out and it definitely does that. You can see it go from yellow to off white after heating it, and it's no longer soluble in water after that.

Bufotenine acetate and mescaline acetate probably also come apart in this way. That may explain why some people get poor results from the vinegar based mescaline extractions. If mescaline acetate is heated enough, it likely forms freebase mescaline, and then mescaline N-oxide rapidly forms, and the potency is decreased dramatically.

SWIM played around with mescaline acetate, and found that with repeated drying with heat, it eventually turned into an oil. Freebase mescaline is an oil.

I think this trick should be looked into more. It doesn’t work with all alkaloids though. It’s known to work with harmaline but NOT harmine. I'm not sure why.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

q21q21
#13 Posted : 3/10/2010 11:28:56 AM

SWIM

benzyme wrote:
it sounds like SWIY may have smoked DMT acetate salts, which might explain the 4-5mg effect from 25mg (the acetate anions add more mass)
dmt acetate should vape at over 100C

what SWIY could do is basify with ammonia then extract with whichever solvent swiy prefers

acetic acid is great, it's all SWIM uses for extractions

Okay SWIM knows that sometimes he gets excited and writes quickly, leaving out information.

For that statement

1: that was white freebase obtained via noman's STB tek
2: that was in a lightbulb vaporizer and was over 6 months ago, that is the reason for the effects
3: read the report please. What SWIM smoked the product he was really taken far, it was so intense he felt that it was way too much,
these are not the effects from a 20% efficiency smoking.

SWIM knows you are skeptical but really he'd appreciate a little faith.